Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Had a baby, Losing a baby

PrimalFear

• Member ID:  10
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1071
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  6264
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/03/1993

Highest regards and my condolences to you and yours, Primal.

• Member ID:  25
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2250
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  12871
  • Birthday:  10/30/1969
  • Device:  Windows

Primal, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Children have great wisdom and courage when dealing with terminal illness.  Utilize any counselling services offered for you and your family.

I know that you are an educated person who takes control of situations by knowledge (I've seen it before in things you've approached here).  Please look for any articles/books on "Explaining Serious Illness to Children" to help explain what is going on to Faber.  I am sure at the Children's hospital Juliett is at they will have many resources.  At times when you are out of control of the situation, understanding of what you can help with, or help others with during that situation helps you (and your loved ones) through the grieving process.

My heart and prayers goes out to your niece Juliett, you and your family.  Faber will be able to look back at his time with Juliett and remember all the fun and love they shared as children.

Congratulations on the birth of your second son Xander.  The Lord works in mysterious ways and we must have faith in what he has planed for us all.

If you need someone to talk with, pm me/xfire me.

Your fellow clan "family" member

-Shadow

• Member ID:  295
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  1535
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  8175
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

man bro i am so sorry.. not one to get emotional with others problems but couldnt stop the tears flowing down my cheecks... so fuckin unfair couldnt imagine the pain u and your family are goin through wish i could say more but im all chocked up sorry again man!!!!

• Member ID:  31
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  48
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  372
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2783
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/25/1981

I cannot even express at how sorry I am to hear this. My brother-in-law was recently diagnosed with a stage 4 Glioblastoma brain tumor, but he was lucky enough to have it removed however still could have less then 2 yrs to live.  But he is an adult and I don't deal with death well but it will be easier because he is an adult.  No little precious angel should have to go through this at such a young age.  I have not talked to God in 3 yrs since he took my mother-in-law away from us without warning but for this, I will be praying for you and your family. I dont really know how you will find the strength to tell your son or what you will say but I know when you need to do it, you will know. "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

Your XI family will be here for you, and if you need to talk you now where to find me and all of us.

Also, I wanted to say on a good note congrats on the birth of Xander, he is adorable:)

• Member ID:  1320
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  611
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4498
  • Birthday:  01/14/1976

Primal, congrats on your newborn son!  So sorry to hear about your neice.  As far as explaining the situation to your son tell him the truth in language/manner he can understand.  At that age he may not comprehend death, and it may not be as devastating to him as it is to adults.

As for you and your family, take time to grieve the loss of your neice.  She is a precious child and always will be.  I can't explain to you why she's the one to have to have a brain tumor and live a short life, but the Bible says "He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."  My wife and I have lost 9 of our children and I won't fully understand why on this earth.   Lean on your family (both immediate and XI) to get through this dark, bleak time of your life.  We will be praying for you.

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3338
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33699
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

I am So sorry to hear about this. And like a lot of our XI family I do not have the words to express how much I feel for your loss I just hope and Pray that the little ones last precious days are some of the very best and Just remember all the great and wonderfull times you have all had together.

All My Hopes and Prayer's

Rob.

P.s. congratulations on the birth of your son..

• Member ID:  35
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4812
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Achievement Points:  28063
  • Days Won:  2

Primal as alot of us we are at a loss for words  ----  as words sometimes just can not convey exactly what we wish we could say. Let your Family know that all of XI will keep the prayers going and anytime you need to vent hit us up and we all will lend a ear.....

• Member ID:  1154
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  515
  • Birthday:  04/16/1977

Hi Primal, im sorry to hear about the bad news man, and im also happy you have a new son.

My own personal expirance of when i was 6 years old, my close grandfather died. He used to take care of me on weekends so that my parents had time with each other. I knew he had gone into the hospital but i hadn't known why. But when he passed away my father sat me down and told me. At the same time he asked me if i wanted to help carry the casket to the grave. At 6 he had to explain to me what that was because i didnt know. I accepted it because i knew he would be on the other side helping as well. To tell you the truth there was so much going on and nervous that so many people were watching me i didnt have the time to be upset that he had died. I missed him alot. I still do.

There was points in my childhood where i need strength and courage to do things and i had looked back many times at that day and said to myself that if i was able to that at 6, i can make it through whats bothering me. I am proud of the fact that i carried his casket and i am very happy my family allowed me to do it. Even though my father passed away 4 years ago i am very proud of him for always telling me the truth about what was going on in the family. While my father was alive i found that trust to be very reasuring to me. To know that no matter what was going on i could always talk to him. I dont belive my grandfathers passing had any adverse affect on my childhood.

the way i see it is, either way he will be upset that she is gone, either hes upset now or a few years from now. so him being sad is not the issue because its gonna happen no matter what. the question is will he be able to trust once he finds out he had been lied to. pain and sorrow is a part of life. no matter how happy we want our loved ones lives to be, sometimes we cant protect them from everything.

not sure if that story or my thoughts will help you in any way primal. i hope it does though.

best wishes

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

I am so very sorry to hear this.  I will be praying for you and yours.  I am so speechless and kind of agreeing with Zoe, I dont understand why this happens to lil angels....makes no sense.  But on the other note, I had to explain to my daughter when she was 5 about her aunt.  She was with this aunt everyday for 5 yrs of her life, and my aunt lived for my daughter.  But when my aunt passed away, I just told my kid that God has angels all over the place to help him to do his work, watch out and protect people and he needed another angel to help him.  But that Aunt Sally would be up there watching over her and that one day she will see her again.  She was ok with that, and here's something that helped her deal also.  My kid and aunt would always make mudpies and so on the anniversary of her passing, every year me or my dad would let my kid make mudpies and we would take them to her grave and she would sit them down and for some reason, there was always some wind start blowing or something to get our attention and I just told my kid, thats Aunt Sally telling you thanks for the pies.  It seems silly but it worked and has worked.

And I am a good listener and I will gladly talk if you need to.

• Member ID:  168
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  115
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  882
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6400
  • Birthday:  07/28/1957

My deepest sympathies.

I'm not sure if you're into poems, but here is one from Michael Charles Messineo.

Life's too short to dwell on things that pull and tear on your heart strings so park those thoughts that make you worry and create new goals to which you'll hurry. Make your list of things to do that always seemed not part of you make yourself explore unknowns write down your thoughts dig up those bones Take a step toward things that scare you Show who's boss while mind prepares to overcome what seems unrealistic before you lose it and go ballistic Do something different every day and watch as life shows new path ways Life's too short to dwell on things that pull and tear on your heart strings. 

This poem seemed to match your attitude about the future (ignore the dark cloud).

She looks like a strong kid. There's alot we could learn from her.

Highest Regards,

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

there are really no words that help but my sorrow for your pain and familys pain.ill keep you in my prayers.........

• Member ID:  1095
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  3639
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  24702
  • Birthday:  03/23/1979
  • Device:  Android

Wow speechless thats awfull mate sorry you and your family have to go through all that, draw strength where ya can mate we are all thinking of you and yours.

• Member ID:  971
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3690
  • Birthday:  12/08/1973

I'm really sorry about your Niece Primal. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and I cant begin to put myself in your Family's shoes and begine to imagine the pain and anger of finding out news about someone so close and dear,  Its Very Very sad and just not fair. Cry

I wish your family strengh and courage during this very difficult time.

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17085
  • Content Per Day:  3.25
  • Achievement Points:  148563
  • Days Won:  677
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

i cant tell you how to say that to a kid ..i cant tell you how to say it to a adult..all i can say is that riped my heart out ..iam 50 and my littel one is going to be 9 in 3 weeks ......     stay strong for your family and you can call on us for anything my friend  god well see you through this hard time ..

• Member ID:  601
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  389
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2583
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  A child to go is something i could never accept. And your post and pictures brought tears to my eyes. I wish i had the words to put your grief to rest. but i dont. They say time heals all wounds. in a small part its true. over time the grief will fade. but you will always keep the little girl that made you smile and laugh in your heart. Where she will live on and be loved.

• Member ID:  819
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1060
  • Achievement Points:  6125
  • Birthday:  11/22/1971

Good news on the birth of your son Primal.

But so, so so sad to hear of your niece's case, I think what others hvae posted sums up all you can say, a big why?, with no justification for someone so young.

I guess a positive note to add may be to spend as much time with her as possible, giving her the best time ever for what is left of her short, but hopefully loving and full life, I guess sort of giving her a big party-time, hope this makes sense

I think kids understand far more than we give them credit for sometimes. My wife is a teacher for 4-5 year olds, and she became a second mother almost to a young little girl in her class when her mother was dying, then died from cancer in about 6 months.

She had explained to her,understood and accepted her mum was going to die, and the time she had left with her she cherished.

I know this is in reverse, but perhaps similar in what happens, showing just how resilient kids can be.

I am sure if put to your niece in the loving words you and your family can give, she will understand what is happening, and will happen. Perhaps meeting others in a similar circumstance, and spending time with them, maybe throught the "Make a Wish" Foundation.

To sum up, love her with all your hearts, have a great time with her, (almost crying myself now), and she is going to go to a better place, and perhaps like Angel described, she will be watching over you and your family after her time passes

• Member ID:  228
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4711
  • Birthday:  06/01/1971

Primal,

I don't remember playing with you much when I was with XI, but I still think of all of XI with fond memories.  I will keep you in mine and my families prayers.

Jedi-Jack

(former XI)

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

That's tragic m8 i'm really sad to hear about your little niece, my thoughts are with you and her.

• Member ID:  159
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  855
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  5145
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

My wife and I have read all the comments posted here as well as the pm's that were sent and we wanted you to know that you helped us get out some of what we were having trouble with, we were both in a kind of emotional vaporlock with a feeling of total loss and there really wasn't much left for us to say about it, but it still felt like something was still unsaid and we both knew it and it was quite cleansing for us to get that out and try to make at least some partial sense of it. Hope you know that I mean.

We would both would like to thank each of you for your kind words, thoughtful advice and insight, as well as taking the time to share with us some of your own hardships and how hard they were/are and how you dealt/dealing with them. Funny to think that with all the people we have available to us, it was you guys that opened the floodgates of reality and emotional cleansing. I know this a gaming community and not a support group but your friendship comes shining through with nothing but support in times of need, I'm proud to be part of this group.

I believe I have at least some direction as to how I will approach this when that dreaded day comes. Some of it should have been blatently obvious to me, but it wasn't and I was unable to put it into perspective or focus on any type of direction. I guess it's all part of the shock of such an awful reality.  I have been doing alot of thinking about all this and while it still isn't "easy" to deal with, it makes abit more sense as to what I have to do.

So what is happening now......

Faber got to play with Juliett yesterday and they're still "two peas in a pod", Juliett's parents are taking her to the "Radon Mines" in Montana as a final attempt to try anything to shrink the tumor in her head. They left today and will be gone a week. "The Make a Wish Foundation" has approved funding for Juliett to go to Disneyland in California instead of DisneyWorld in Florida because of complications with health, distance and time. She is starting to show more symtoms and difficulties, they were really bad yesterday. but she is showered with constant love and attention from family and is busy having as much fun as possible every waking moment.

Thanks again for everything, your good friends.

• Member ID:  687
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  442
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2604
  • Birthday:  02/21/1970

Prayng for you and your family,

Tanya

• Member ID:  718
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  303
  • Birthday:  05/17/1969

I will be praying for you and your family, just remember be there for her parents after losing a child they will need you the most. You will get through this buddy, we are all here for you if you need us.

Tony, part of your XI family

• 4 months later...

• Member ID:  103
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  3298
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Achievement Points:  25682
  • Birthday:  07/10/1952

Sorry about your loss Your in our prayers   Frown

• Member ID:  340
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1078
  • Achievement Points:  6669
  • Birthday:  06/21/1971
  • Device:  Android

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS to you and the family. what a horrible thing to happen to so innocent a person, and also at this time of year. god be with you all

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1830
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16067
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960