Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

For the working folks

TheLastColdBeer

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41007
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-antibody-testing-finds-bay-area-infections-85-times-higher-reported-researchers

This article appears & disappears, like so many pieces that attempt to clarify the information disaster. It mirrors what we suspected all along among ourselves, COVID19 was here a lot sooner and has covered far more territory than anybody guessed. Far, far more people have been exposed than what the testing procedures have even tried to cover. It's a shame our "experts" in the field aren't more forthcoming with data. Give the same information to an electrical engineer, physicist, or medical practitioner and you SHOULD get the same conclusions. Give out false or conflicting data, or worse, in our area, NO data, and you'll get the results we see now.

Those of us who remained in the workforce are alarmed at the insanity coming out of the shut-ins. Nobody judged the mental cost of locking folks up for six weeks and letting them roam facebook endlessly preying on each others fears. This is a terrible experiment in sociology, and the results from this will haunt us forever. There's no such thing as safety, only measured risk. We're alarmed at the fear we see in people venturing out for food & supplies. They aren't rational anymore, and we don't know how to soothe their lunacy.

• Member ID:  3682
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960
  • Device:  Android

I had that shit in February.  I know of 2 people at work who were hospitalized for pneumonia like symptoms, but it wasn't pneumonia ( cdc requires hospitals to test for type of pneumonia, test failed in both cases).  One case was just after Thanksgiving and the other was December 29th.  I was in very close contact with these people.  In the middle of February, another associate, Alisa, had the same symtoms 4 days before I showed symptoms.  I had a high fever, absolutely zero energy to even move, I felt I weighed 400 lbs.  Shortness of breath after walking 10 feet, and that fucking cough.  Coughed for weeks.  I slept day and night for 2 days straight.  Fever went away and I went back to work on the third day and coughed, a lot.  No one else in my store got it, as bad as Alisa and I anyway.  

Once again I say " I believe none of what I hear and half of what I see".  I have plasma for yall if you need it!  ?

Edited by spinpuppy

• Member ID:  27768
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  924
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  7653
  • Days Won:  1
  • Device:  Windows

So very true but there really isn't much of a reply for this post except to learn from our mistakes. What is in the past cannot be changed. Kinda like beating a dead horse.

20 minutes ago, TheLastColdBeer said:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-antibody-testing-finds-bay-area-infections-85-times-higher-reported-researchers

This article appears & disappears, like so many pieces that attempt to clarify the information disaster. It mirrors what we suspected all along among ourselves, COVID19 was here a lot sooner and has covered far more territory than anybody guessed. Far, far more people have been exposed than what the testing procedures have even tried to cover. It's a shame our "experts" in the field aren't more forthcoming with data. Give the same information to an electrical engineer, physicist, or medical practitioner and you SHOULD get the same conclusions. Give out false or conflicting data, or worse, in our area, NO data, and you'll get the results we see now.

Those of us who remained in the workforce are alarmed at the insanity coming out of the shut-ins. Nobody judged the mental cost of locking folks up for six weeks and letting them roam facebook endlessly preying on each others fears. This is a terrible experiment in sociology, and the results from this will haunt us forever. There's no such thing as safety, only measured risk. We're alarmed at the fear we see in people venturing out for food & supplies. They aren't rational anymore, and we don't know how to soothe their lunacy.

Starting 4-20-20  I have to stand at the front door of my Home Depot and not only count customers, but also not allow customers in without a mask on.  And I HAVE to wear a mask as well.  This is now the law in PA.  

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

2 minutes ago, spinpuppy said:

And I HAVE to wear a mask as well

Judging by your picture I think that's only right ?

This might interest you

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-52272652/coronavirus-the-unexpected-items-deemed-essential

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

This is not the first time this kinda shit has hurt generations. Our parent well us older ones and our grandparents. All suffered from it. Don't go in debt wash your hands cover your mouth when you cough ( that might be from the black plague but alway brought back to life ). Always be prepared one day there will be no food no government to help you. Only trust yourself.  Wow there are a lot more sayings like those. They all come from some type of global disaster and people live the rest of their lives dealing with the aftermath and yea its a type of fear. And ya know I'm happy to say I listen to a lot of it. From be earthquake prepared to debt free. My house and as well as I could teach the kids are at least able to go a few months without really needing to go to a store. That's what freezers are for pantries , can goods. I have friends that look at this as WTF how come I have to work with the government handing cash out like candy. My mind and yes its because I'm older is going please God don't let me lose my job. Thats out of a fear installed from my parents about how fast no job will kick you out into the streets. This too will leave a mental scar I bet most of us will always buy more TP then we need when its on sale for quite some time. Have a stock of Hand sanitizer . You will always look at the box of rubber gloves and wonder if you should buy it. Better safe than sorry right. I bet most women and bless their wonderful minds looked into  how to make masks. Every guy has said I'm not wearing a mask but a little piece way back in thier mind went I wonder what colour I would wear :) Yea a skull teeth mask would look cool. Stay safe don't kiss strangers OMG what germ did you bring home LOL 

• Member ID:  25026
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  530
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  7121
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, spinpuppy said:

Starting 4-20-20  I have to stand at the front door of my Home Depot and not only count customers, but also not allow customers in without a mask on.  And I HAVE to wear a mask as well.  This is now the law in PA.  

I had to wear a mask to go in to the beer store this afternoon. I felt like a robber. It was great. Apparently, I chose the wrong career.

5 hours ago, EastCoast50 said:

I had to wear a mask to go in to the beer store this afternoon. I felt like a robber. It was great. Apparently, I chose the wrong career.

Just as well, if you had to shoot your way out of trouble you'd be inside most of your life lol !

He He, kill you later buddy

Went shopping for weekly groceries yesterday after mowing all afternoon. Same folks behind the counters, & we all know each other by now. None of the employees were wearing masks, but the food handlers wore gloves. Everyone was cheerful, polite, and we maintained our distance. Almost felt like a normal trip, and that's becoming a rarity. Called some friends that have been shut in since March, and they're about stir crazy, so we had some laughs over the phone. Can't be of much help, but I do what's possible.

It would be beneficial to have a block of people tested just to see what we've been exposed to, but they aren't doing that. One fellow at work was quarantined & actually got tested because his wife might have been exposed at Sheridan prison. He's back, but the test was only to show if he currently had it.  My neighbors are curious about my work habits & how I'm doing, and I try to answer some of their questions, but honesty I can't tell them much because of policy. Fortunately there's acres of ground between all of us, so that makes a great barrier.

Stay tidy, use your sanitizers, and stay a little more sane than the people cooped up at home banging on their keyboards, they might need us when they're let loose. 

4 hours ago, TheLastColdBeer said:

Went shopping for weekly groceries yesterday after mowing all afternoon. Same folks behind the counters, & we all know each other by now. None of the employees were wearing masks, but the food handlers wore gloves. Everyone was cheerful, polite, and we maintained our distance. Almost felt like a normal trip, and that's becoming a rarity. Called some friends that have been shut in since March, and they're about stir crazy, so we had some laughs over the phone. Can't be of much help, but I do what's possible.

It would be beneficial to have a block of people tested just to see what we've been exposed to, but they aren't doing that. One fellow at work was quarantined & actually got tested because his wife might have been exposed at Sheridan prison. He's back, but the test was only to show if he currently had it.  My neighbors are curious about my work habits & how I'm doing, and I try to answer some of their questions, but honesty I can't tell them much because of policy. Fortunately there's acres of ground between all of us, so that makes a great barrier.

Stay tidy, use your sanitizers, and stay a little more sane than the people cooped up at home banging on their keyboards, they might need us when they're let loose. 

I did an online sign up for plasma donation for covid treatment at American Red Cross.  I figure if they contact me, I will get tested to see if I have the antibodies and then I can help someone that wasn't as lucky as myself.  I will let you know what happens

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Actually a lot of that was debunked as 'data suggests no' by the relevant health professionals when tracking how far back it went and where. As always things like this start as rumor along the lines of 'some people say' with no sources and then propagate... if you will pardon... like a virus on the internet. Seen it many times before and we will see it again. There is always a segment of the population, especially now, that actively look for conspiracies and such that tell them that this was all hidden from them by nefarious powers for whatever reason. And of course people look for scapegoats. "They KNEW and did nothing!". And yes, being locked up for so long... with only social media as your friend... spreads it all even more.

As for masks, especially the non-medical ones around, they do nothing unless YOU are the one that is sick. Good for things like smoke and dust but nowhere close to being good enough to filter something as small as a virus. And they arent form fitting enough to keep you from breathing in shit from the sides. But it does help deal with those that are unknowingly sick in places with co-workers working close together for extended periods etc. And there are always those that feel 'off' but dont care. Also helps mitigate fear and that is also important. However its like 'duck and cover' in the old days as though that would keep you from getting fried by a nuke.

Maintain social distancing.. a silly phrase but these are trying times... always wash your hands and dont touch your face. That is what will protect you the most. Also cover your mouth with your arm or shoulder if you are going to cough or sneeze. Disposable gloves do help, but you still have to use bare hands to take them off. And it also does no help if you touch your face (or your mouth like that the idiot in that picture) while wearing them.  The job wants me to wear one at all times, so I do.

Oh and yea one guy at work does have a skull mouth+neck cover and its pretty cool. A little bit of dark humor I guess, thank you for shopping at the death counter.

31 minutes ago, Labob said:

I would wear robmc underwear as a mask to go to the beer store

Yea one of the side effects is 'loss of smell'  ?

4 hours ago, Labob said:

I would wear robmc underwear as a mask to go to the beer store

No more masks for me unless I am at work ( starting tomorrow)  This is gonna be a fun week telling asshole customers to mask up or pound the pavement!  They NEED that fuckin essential mulch and paint.  This whole situation is becoming a full blown bunch of fuckin bullshit.  Who here actually knows anyone that has had the Wuhan Flu or (God Forbid) died from it?  I know in my bones that I had it, but I am Joe Average so I can't get tested anywhere.  I really hope that no one has to answer the second part of this question.  I am curious though...

4 hours ago, RobMc said:

Yea one of the side effects is 'loss of smell'  ?

Loss of energy is the main one  :yahoo:

11 hours ago, TheLastColdBeer said:

Cant talk about work?   Are you like a secret agent guy or a guy that flies drones over Iraq for the Air Force remotely from a desk in Pittsburgh? ( actually knew a guy who did that).  Are you like a black ops Cia person?  Oh cmon tell us!

Edited by spinpuppy

Time to suck the blood outa Spin and release it to the Lowes customers :) 

I'm Nija XI smackdown level 5 Suka They want to make TV shows about me but know batter  fool 

1 hour ago, spinpuppy said:

Cant talk about work?   Are you like a secret agent guy or a guy that flies drones over Iraq for the Air Force remotely from a desk in Pittsburgh? ( actually knew a guy who did that).  Are you like a black ops Cia person?  Oh cmon tell us!

Oh no, we're nice folks, and we do nice things. We're just currently not doing anything for the public, & our doors are locked to anyone without an invitation. We're hoping after this passes to open our front doors to the public again.

As far as the dubunked information line goes, I know several hospital admins in the area. They're always a martini or two away from forgetting HIPAA guide lines, but since our watering holes are closed, that avenue is blocked. I have a great respect for several of our doctors, and a few nurses, but there are a bunch who party like there's no tomorrow, and I can't say they're at the top of my morals list.  Mom & my wife Lori used to pass around the joke "What do you call a medical student who graduates at the bottom of his class?".....Doctor.

Tests? We don' got to do no stinking tests, that's fo' Chicago folk. China ain't lying, the WHO would never pass along false information, and don' you nevermind nobody's dying of cancer or heart problems anymore, it's all Rona related.  Show me da money.

I got a penny its american cause they took that away from us in Canada now that make ya wonder why I'm thinking all those penny stocks are not Canadian friendly now  , Might be close to a political statement sorry 

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6905
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  57893
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

Might be close to a political statement sorry 

?.

Holdon time for mis direction I know why there 's a pandemic Kermit bonked Miss Piggy  

kermit-miss-piggy-002-tease-today-161012_366ee9cdf9f3a0843082d06c4d0f954b.thumb.jpg.95e992497917833278b4b40dfc17c459.jpg

Wel now the gloves are off. No way would someone from Quebec mate with a corn husker gal :) 

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

I thought we already went through the swine flu. Kermit should be careful because he never knows where she has been sleeping around.

• Member ID:  25026
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  530
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  7121
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, spinpuppy said:

According to you, all I did was mail speeding tickets. I was a Class E Secret State Agent. IceQueenHerb is still only a Class D Secret Agent. You living, breathing, human Q-Tip. lololololol (p.s. check your mail tomorrow ...  we were behind in sending out tickets).

4 hours ago, Labob said:

I got a penny its american cause they took that away from us in Canada now that make ya wonder why I'm thinking all those penny stocks are not Canadian friendly now  , Might be close to a political statement sorry 

Yeah what's up with that penny thing?  You have to have pennies in a countries money stable.  WTF !  And then if you don't have the penny, why are your prices still to the cent?  Ya know like 9.97.  You get charged 9.95, but if its 9.98 you get charged 10.00! Fuckin Canuks and their no pennies and touks. <<<<<<did I spell that correctly?  my spell check doesn't do Canada.