Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Open Warfare 2 beta 4

Sammy

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Ballistic vest maybe? You have the little Master Chief helmet on your loadout?

• Member ID:  22485
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  245
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1588
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/26/1983

Ballistic vest maybe? You have the little Master Chief helmet on your loadout?

Yes, but that never seemed to stop me from dying before.  *shrug* Guess I will keep that perk then! *reloads gun*

The other guy could have had stopping power or armor piercing. That combined with 30 health... well... there is no foolproof protection. :rolleyes:

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5088
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44663
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Something STRANGE with the New guns especially at close range.This has happened every time I've got close to someone.

I've shot up to 2 clips at people at close range (5-10 feet) Both using Hip fire and the Iron sights while the person was Walking and Running and don't get a single Hit.Then they turn around and 1 shot me with a Pistol or P90 or one of the other OLD guns.I know there was NO WAY that I should of missed them because the bullet spray on the wall or floor shows shows that I SHOULD of hit them atleast a dozen or so times.

It's like the guns are super long and and the barrel of the gun is sticking through them.And the bullets are actually firing behind the person.Tried this mostly with the 308 and the 516?.

.M16 knocks them down Fast (1 to 2 bursts) with Any attachment but the other guns seem to have a bit to much Bullet spread.It's Really noticable if you use the Red dot or ACOG and Fire at a wall.tThe bullets out of a 308 make a cone of bullet impacts about 4 feet wide at around 5-10 feet away.Double tap seems to reduce the cone by about a 1/3.

Maybe it's the recoil on the new guns as they all seem to have more recoil than the AK47 which is the Worst for recoil no matter what attachment is on it.

All weapons fade in perspective to the center of the screen no matter how long they are. Which is why on some stock guns (M16 most notable) have the ends of their silencers made big. As tho they were a big cone. But that is visual for the model itself.

Acog always sucks with the sway and visual kick which is why I never use it. If nobody else did I would have likely removed it in favor of some other attachment. The 308 isnt very good at spraying compared to others. This is by design as something in between the M4/HK416 and AK47. Which the original game does not have. You get good accuracy ads, good power, but not so good hipfire. The 416 has exactly the same stats as the M4. The P90 has always been considered overpowered. Too accurate especially at distance. In pro games it is always rebalanced. Not so here.

I hesitated to add it because of the expected complaints about how its not good enough but all weapons will have a laser attachment. Before anyone asks its the same laser beam that is seen through NVG but forced on without it. The beam isnt a pinpoint all the way to the center, which is normal, and experiences will vary.

Almost finished with the Infected perk but need to tweak the numbers to make it fair. Its pretty cool. If you do hit the other guy he will be infected with some kind of poison. No regen and he will slowly lose health unless he bandages himself. The more poison rounds hit him the faster the loss. Tier 1.

• Member ID:  3368
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  444
  • Birthday:  03/04/1988

There is some bug with Sentry's , while u try deploy it, and u get shot before it spawns, when u get defrosted it will automaticly put down the sentry. after 2 days playing im pritty sure that that is the cause of it.

also the accuracy is pritty fuckt up without aim down the sight , double tab pointplank no hitmarkers....

Edited by Infinity

• Member ID:  20343
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983
  • Device:  Macintosh

Sammy how can we make the guns more noob friendly for hipfire? I will admit there is an issue sometimes shooting at someone right in front u doesnt kill them. Also if u run up to someone and knife them. The knife will go thru them and come out wih killing them.

I dont know if the melee aimbot is on. As for noob friendly, most of the guns match the ones they replace. SC2010 is the G3 etc. A few, like the 308 and HBAR, are unique however. For noobs we will see how the laser works.

Can you try to fix the Red dot on the SC2010 again?The cross-hair is to High.It hits at the bottom of the +.Really hard to use at any distance.

Can you lower the recoil on the 308 Just a touch?Make it somewhat more comparable to the M16.M16 is FAR superior to every gun in the Assault class when it comes to accuracy,low recoil and stopping power..

Can you make the Jackhammer MK3-A2 Automatic Shotgun? and USAS-12 Automatic Shotgun? and AA-12 Automatic Shotgun? and SAIGA 12 Automatic Shotgun?

I would LOVE to get my hands on those bad mothers and I'm sure everyone else would to.Only 2 shotguns currently.We need More please. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Edited by Pvt.Death

I might ditch the sc2010 entirely because I am getting tired of fucking around with it. The laser beam is off also. Depends on whether or not I can fix it tomorrow. I have an idea and will see if is related. If not I will see what else I have that is hopefully ready to go. I would like the keep the G3 style weapon in. As for the shotguns, I have neither the models nor the animations. Not even sure if they are all cod weapons.

Two that come to mind. I have available the mtar but havent tried it yet. And yes, I will say it, I have the acr. But in both cases they would operate as G3 style weapons. No ands/ifs/buts.

• Member ID:  20344
  • Followers:  99
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  250
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2013
  • Birthday:  07/12/1995

No don't get rid of the 2010! lol I like it. I miss using the g3 so it's the closest I can get to a g3 in that mod

Edited by Huskie

Yank the SC2010 and put the G3 back in if you can't fix it.Would be nice to have another shotgun AA12 is on MW2,USAS 12 was in MW3.Mtar-X is a fucking beast of a gun in Ghosts and MW2.Might as well yank the AK47 and put the Mtar in it's place.The AK47 is very seldomly used by people.

One thing about weapons I must reiterate. Except for a couple all weapons are meant to replace their stock counterparts to maintain the balance the developers intended. SC2010 = G3 etc. So if I replace the AK whatever replaces it will operate the same. If nobody used the AK why would they use the MTAR? Because its a different model? I have all the Ghost weapons but none of the animations and I have never done that. So if I needed them I need to spend the time to learn how to do it. Something I have very little of.

If however I could reuse cod4 or existing OW2 animations that will work with an auto shotgun... and something were removed... I could maybe do something. Assuming the game even allows one. Since I have never used it you need to tell me which assault rifle it most closely resembles in design. Everything will have to match the rig of whatever it uses. Weapon sights cannot be any lower or higher. Trigger must be in the same location. Left + right hand grips. Mag location and size. You can see where that gets difficult.

The only weapon that comes to mind that I *might* consider removing for a new type is the WA2000 since its pretty close to an M21 already.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Ouch and ouch.

Model matching sounds like it's holding alot of stuff back.

Thanks @@Sammy

Edited by Pvt.Death

• Member ID:  3368
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  444
  • Birthday:  03/04/1988

Found another bug/glitch, its about knifeing, the range of knife is strange, there is some delay or some, id knifed some1, and like 3-4 sec later they die , its some kind of delay, dont know if its an latency issue or server issue, but it happend me a few time, but not always, 

also red cross, isnt good calibrated or some, dead center aimed, and its not giveing hit markers @ long range, wich is like 100 yards, especaly when they are moveing, its like spree and pray while aim down the sight

I tried all the weapons and the only one it seems where the RDS isnt matching up right is the 2010. But that one is pretty close. I can change sounds no problem. Its the animation rigs.

Well the idea I had for why the 2010 isnt pointing right didnt fix it. So I asked elsewhere for guidance on what to look for. Will see what happens.

If you could get ahold of [G13][sHIFT] Newfie or Gooser13 they could help alot.They made the freezetag mods for COD4 and Black Ops.Don't know how to get ahold of them.Might want to try goosers email addy.([email protected])

That is the last active email addy I could find.

Coming soon and looking for opinions.

First and foremost two perks. 'Venom' is a tier one option that fires rounds laced with poison. So if you damage the enemy player he will from that point on slowly lose health unless he is healed. Either with his own limited supply of bandages or from certain other players. Those that tend to get one hit on an enemy leg... then he turns around and gets a head shot on you... might find this useful. The more poisoned rounds you get hit with the faster the health drain.

That other certain player is any friendly with 'Medic'. Tier 3 for now. A player with this perk can heal any friendly they stand next to. Also, players with it are immune to poison and radiation from a mininuke. This does move mininuke radiation protection from Hardwired since it more properly belongs in Medic. However, Hardwired only offered 1/2 protection instead of full protection with Medic. In its place I added the minimap hijack test to Hardwired, which sounds like it seems to work.  With it you can hack into active enemy UAV's and get pings from enemies that fire non-silenced weapons.

Forgot to add:

I will be working on it today or tomorrow but if you are hurt and have no more bandages you can use the usual 'heal' button to call for a medic. The idea is it will play the usual 'Medic!' quick command and also the blinking 'on me'  minimap icon on your location. Or, if I can swing it, a head icon like 'revive' which would be better. Probably could just use the same functions that do the snowflake head icon just a different image. Oh, and Scavenger already picks up bandages from fallen players.

edit: Is there a Medic quick command? I thought there was but I dont see it. Maybe thats a different mod.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  50
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  2061
  • Birthday:  09/26/1979
  • Device:  Android

Sounds like a good idea!!

If anyone has suggestions on the details of how that should work now is the time. :whistle:

Currently:

The poison option is in the same tier as stopping power. So you choose one or the other. Health loss is 1 point every two seconds because max health is so low in a HC server. Bandages will stop the poison so you can regenerate your health. You can then use another to regenerate health faster also if you want. Or save it for another poison attack. If no damage to health because of the ballistic vest then no poison. All players will start off with two bandages. You can get more with Scavenger. Same button that applies bandages will call for a medic on your team if you dont have any. Your headicon will be something else so it will be easier for medics to find you and help. It will also do the 'on me' minimap icon ping when you call one.

The medic option is tier three and simple. Immune to poison and mininuke radiation effects (tho not the blast itself). Unlimited bandages. Faster health regen.

Is there a 'video game' style icon that is kind of the opposite of the sonic boom one with Mario and the bomb? It needs to be simple so it still looks good when small. Need something for the flak jacket. I have a few images of those but they dont look good when shrunk down.

One thing I have been considering is whether or not all the perk icons should by the typical ones like in other cod games. Would simplify some stuff. But I consider those boring and I like the more oddball ones. And I really dont want to spend a bunch of time redoing all the current ones. :rolleyes:

edit: I think I will do a captain america shield but with a nade in the middle instead of a star.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  3822
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  242
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  3027
  • Device:  Android

Sammy when did you change from Freeze tag to just team deathmatch? Caught me of guard last night. Either way i still like the mod

I dont know. I was probably testing things out without having to worry about defrosting and forgot to change it back.