Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

frickin' campers

mickvette

• Member ID:  87
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

well i think some of the campers do not have high end rigs and its hard to compete with some of the people who do...in run and gun.but camping is part of the game for some so let the tents be set up lol then we can burn them down lmao

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946
  • Device:  Windows

Toes: I KILL YOU

(I know you're running a still somewhere in those Kentucky hills...)

• Member ID:  1106
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

I don't play anything but FT mods anymore which camping is a pretty big part of those.  I have to agree with the others though that I always thought campers were kind of a joke and easy to find and kill.  They never move and usually go back to the same old spot so you always know where they'll be!

Usually, to add insult to injury, I like to slide my knife in their back...seems to do the trick to piss them off!  :)

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6528
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63435
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

{KN}PingLo
I think I saw a trailer hitch for a caravan on the back of Mick's vette for when he goes camping...

But Pinglo he's just going fishing! LMAO

• Member ID:  338
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1906
  • Birthday:  03/01/1955

well certainly plenty of comments, opened a bit of discussion didn't I? I still think we should have the odd map where if you sit in the same spot for say over 1 minute, you explode. Fair comment about sniping, but the majority camping aren't sniping. The worst, in my opinion, are those who crouch down on stairs, sight in, and use a silencer, just lying there popping away. I spectated one last night, 15 mins, yes I timed it, in the same spot!

Anyhoo, just off to hitch the trailer onto the vete for a spot of...camping ;-}...see you there PingLo hehehehehehe

• Member ID:  891
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2261
  • Birthday:  02/27/1980

I may complain bu thats just me, i do complain during freezetag but on the flip side its kinda the point near the end of the round, I also get what your saying mick, cause you those one or two that find that perfect sniper blind and are able to see most of the map and the other guy has the rest and they do it every time it just takes the fun out of it, my main issue is we get mutiple non members in ftag and they refuse to defrost, when the other team has 5 or 6 and we have 2 or 3, and think they can rambo it out and just end up causing the game for that team, seriously, just sit next to some one while your sniping, shooting then go back to killing so we can get our numbers up, ive seen people in game that literally have not defrosted a single person and have 25 to 30 deaths and 2 kills, you ruin the game for everyone by trying to take on 8 people at once by yourself, there are a few exceptions, take jackandcoke, ive seen him with a shotgun go and be the last one and take out the last 4 of the other team, now I understand if your one of the last couple who just got defrosted and spawn and everyones on the  other side of the map but common if there is frozen people in spawn and no enemy around defrost people, makes the game that much more enjoyable for everyone.

• Member ID:  238
  • Followers:  189
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

Me personally I love campers I like hunting them down and taunting them by telling I know where they Live LMAO it's so much fun cause I know I will get a kill off them.

• Member ID:  1217
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978
  • Device:  Android

hehehe I know what u mean noears ....I have started telling ppl to move after killing me cause I WILL BE BACK for your A$$!!!!!!!!!!! shoot me if u can Giggles :)

• Member ID:  1370
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1117
  • Birthday:  07/12/1966

Hey, that's war. Not Flash-Dance!

I camp you with a beer in a nice bush...let the sunshine in.... Clay's around me...lol

And when you should invade my grill-zone, I change the weapon and spray you down!

Even the knife is allowed, so as fucking nades and tubes. So what's the problem?

Oh, and I forgot the bunniesEmbarassed

I love to fffff... them Smile

Play!

• Member ID:  721
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1516
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

i've noticed one thing ... campers usualy sit in one corner holding onto LMG and just shoot ya off every time u pass .. reason for that is that LMG's are way tooo heavy apparently and they just cant run without falling down. so all them campers out there HELLo .. u can actually change your weapon yanno :D

• Member ID:  252
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  392
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  6418
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Achievement Points:  54345
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/22/1965

Listen everyone we may all have feelings about "campers" but as some have said u dont know what type of rig they have or how fast there connection is or if even they may have physical problems that hinder there game play nd is more comfortable to sit nd "camp"...

I am nd am not a camper have nd have not campt....Some maps its best to bolt down the doors with a trip nd have at a window on a Idiot rampage nd I for one can respect every style of game play as far as the physical I suffer with very bad arthritis all over nd my finger joints are enlarged nd in pain all the time nd I still have to use them everyday to earn a living....I am a run nd gun style player nd that is me but please do understand we never know who or what a player deals with to play so I hope that helps understand a camper a lil more 

• Member ID:  607
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3339
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33710
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

hey the way i deal with it as soon as i spawn pull a nade and run to them you always have that second advantage lol and get a kill

AND LOADER I AGREE 100%

• Member ID:  1891
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1092
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  6106
  • Birthday:  03/19/1985

ore use spawnprotection to go behind them and knife their asses!

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  548
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4673
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41096
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

AmboyDuke

I agree Boomslang.....close the campsite with a nade or knife, its that simple.

I agree with street. Amboy, your avatar has given me the queeeezies......Yell

• Member ID:  338
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1906
  • Birthday:  03/01/1955

fair comments about playing as you wish, tho points about poor connection rate etc, jeez I live out in the sticks in the UK, my connection is under, yes really, under 0.5meg!! So if I can run (well stroll is the best I can manage!) and still win the odd game, then there is no excuse for just sitting and waiting for players to pass and get shot.

I really think we do need maps for those of us who like to get off of our asses and run about, hiders will self destruct after say 1 minute, is this doo-able? Wish I had the know how and wherewithall to set it up,  bet there are loads would join in!

Anyhoo, picking up my Vette tomorrow (and no tow bar PingLo!!) new headers and an extra 25BHP so now 325BHP, mmm wonder what i will be doing this weekend!!

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6956
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58346
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

• Member ID:  1588
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  904
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5532
  • Birthday:  08/25/1966

{DS} Giggles
Ok 1st I understand why some ppl camp but it has gotten out of hand when you have 3 or 4 ppl camping all the spawn point and killing you as u spawn so I understand what you mean,But as some have said it gives me great pleasure to kill the camper :)
Sometimes I find camping ENJOYABLE.Cool

campingsex3.jpg

Awards

• Member ID:  353
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  695
  • Birthday:  08/31/1956

loader>XI<

Listen everyone we may all have feelings about "campers" but as some have said u dont know what type of rig they have or how fast there connection is or if even they may have physical problems that hinder there game play nd is more comfortable to sit nd "camp"...

I am nd am not a camper have nd have not campt....Some maps its best to bolt down the doors with a trip nd have at a window on a Idiot rampage nd I for one can respect every style of game play as far as the physical I suffer with very bad arthritis all over nd my finger joints are enlarged nd in pain all the time nd I still have to use them everyday to earn a living....I am a run nd gun style player nd that is me but please do understand we never know who or what a player deals with to play so I hope that helps understand a camper a lil more 

Well said loader ......    besides i have to laugh when i hear people call others campers, since if you really get down to it almost all of WW1 was in realty a bunch of campers in trenches and even in WW II  there were many dug into fox holes, bunkers etc. and isn't this game (COD 2) supposed to imitate reality?  They spent a lot of time and effort to make the maps realistic,  seems that camping as you call it  ( i prefer to call it strategy not camping ) was part of the original Wars and I find that much more realistic then a bunch of bunny hopping ballerina's  that  would have immediately had their asses shot off in the real world .  To me they are the ones that are not playing realistically.  Now having said that I do not condone nor appreciate camping a spawn point, this is neither realistic nor what i consider good sportsmanship killing someone when they are helplessly being reborn.  And after all in the real world not too many peeps come back alive after getting killed so this is still in keeping of the spirit of game by not doing so. And as loader so eloquently pointed out many people have different limitations as to how they play and I for one have no problems with campers as long as they are not killing people at the spawn points. If you disagree with what I have said or if what I have said is not true please let me know . I would like to know differing opinions.  but please use examples from the real WWII that prove this so i can become aware and understand what you are talking about.

• Member ID:  238
  • Followers:  189
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

LOL Rougekill you distracted me with that picture Oh My GOD smooth skin no pubic hairs showing the only flaw it looks like she might have, she could possible be the President of the itty bitty titty commity what were we talking about OH! yeah campers LMAO

• Member ID:  750
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2815
  • Birthday:  02/25/1957

A couple of campers really don't bother me in a map. I make it my life's purpose to flush them out with nades or C4. However,   there have been several times as of late when every time I spawn I'm under fire almost immediately from every corner.  It frequently leaves you with the choice of either becoming a camper yourself on that map, or just accepting the almost instantaneous deaths over and over again and you just keep on keepin' on untill the end of the round.  I usually choose the later but I'm pissed-off the whole round.  This only happens for the most part with a ton of campers present and I think that is what MickVette is primarily talking about.  I've seen much more of it lately than I'm used to on the COD4 ACE mod server.

91 Camping Blonde Getting Naked_thumb.jpgI PERSONALLY ENJOY CAMPING!!!!!

I AGREE WITH GOMER 100%

spawn camping and camping are two different things

1: spawn camping will get you banned--EVERYONE gets killed coming out of spawn sometimes-sometimes more than once in a row, but that is the nature of the beast, especially on some maps. I have been playing >XI< WAW servers for a year and yet to have seen an actual SPAWN CAMPER.

2:camping is just some peoples preferred way of playing--is it fun just to run around stupidly shooting until you get shot (usually pretty quick, and when everyone does this, the map soon gets quite chaotic)

or would it be more fun to actually have a strategy,USE the map, camo and weapon of choice, as intended-- to outsmart your opponent for the kill/ win???

There... got my two cents in about that. haha

I might be talkin out my ass --but it wouldn't be the first time-nor the last. lolCool

Awards

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  548
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4673
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41096
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

mickvette

fair comments about playing as you wish, tho points about poor connection rate etc, jeez I live out in the sticks in the UK, my connection is under, yes really, under 0.5meg!! So if I can run (well stroll is the best I can manage!) and still win the odd game, then there is no excuse for just sitting and waiting for players to pass and get shot.

I really think we do need maps for those of us who like to get off of our asses and run about, hiders will self destruct after say 1 minute, is this doo-able? Wish I had the know how and wherewithall to set it up,  bet there are loads would join in!

Anyhoo, picking up my Vette tomorrow (and no tow bar PingLo!!) new headers and an extra 25BHP so now 325BHP, mmm wonder what i will be doing this weekend!!

It's a chevy. Anything more than stock hp......crunch. Don't forget Mick, you might think it's a sports car, but it's still a chevy. Put your foot in it @ your risk. This comes from an 85' 4+3 TPI coupe owner. No room to fit tools or fingers. I hate rebuilding super t-10's and Doug Nash overdrive units. Powershifting leads to busted parts and teary eyes. Drive it like an old lady, and sell it @ a profit. Find a cheaper hobby and you'll be happy. Raise the Prince of Wales? Restore a Beaufighter? Rebuild all four Merlins on a Lancaster? Pennies compared to beating on a vette'.

I THINK THE BOOBIES GOT TO HIMCool

Awards

• Member ID:  1642
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  900
  • Achievement Points:  6952
  • Birthday:  07/30/1958

I guess you can say camping was done in real war. ww1 was called the trench wars, although all the vids i saw the enemy were the campers and the brits and usa jumping out of the trenchs getting mowed down. ww2 the enemy hunkerd down and the usa and europe were always moving forward town to town, building to building. or if they new the enemy was coming to take over a town they would hunker down and wait. If everyone camped there would be no war, because no one would move, right? but this is a game and not real life, camping can make a game real boring and a real pain in the ass. spawn killing need i say anything but bullsh*t. some campers are not that good at the game or like someone said they have problems and its hard to move their fingers. that is very understandable slower reaction time and all i have no problem with them, i know some and it doesn't bother me unless they start spawn killing then i will say something.  when i first started playing  i did my share of camping till i learned how to play the game then i stopped. if you are a good player  and still camp all the time for the easy point you suck, sorry thats how i feel about it. thats why i like the aim maps  and some of the hard core maps in crysis the most, because they are to fast moving to camp, but some still try, but it doesnt last long, just laying there you will die real fast. if it is a big map made for snipping and regular play its cool, but if you stay there to long, well your dead. campers and spawn killers want the easy point they dont want to have to earn it fighting it out.

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I think it's about time the campers started a post complaing about the run and gunners ruining their gameTongue out