Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Black OPS Disappointment

JohnnyDos

• Member ID:  721
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1516
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

DEEJAYKEG
evool

you guys need to realize one thing .. game just got released .. of course theres bug .. every other Cod series game went thru tons of patches beffore you could complete enjoy the game ... issues for some ppl, smooth game runing for others .. as far as im concerned they are fixing the dman thing as we speak.  i for exsample had NO issues with the game ... it runs smooth .. the only thing i get is server side lag .. thats it. so i am not sure what are you guys doing with steam or your game but theres nothing wrong with it. like i said wait for the patches beffore you lose the hype .. its a great game just has some issues for some ppl that needs to ne fixed.

now about steam .. its the most awesome thing ever well after xfire of course .. automated game updates,  easy community options and thse are just two easy to use options in steam .. its great when u get used to it ... i've been using it since it game out with Counter Strike i believe, well i got it then anyway ... its very simple and looks good too.

Oh yeah, Steam is just great...  If you have another program supported by it on the same machine as CoD BO, it tries to update that whilst you are in game and crashes friggin' Black Ops!  It is and always has been a heap of crap IMHO.

see you just helped us clarify one problem that we were discussin earlier in vent .. programs interference with eachother.  that can cause "fatal errors" and "game crashes" and major lag in the game.

• Member ID:  112
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  6975
  • Birthday:  10/09/1960

as far as not seeing who is talking that is a Hardcore thing if you play in a softcore server it shows the speaker and who is talking

• Member ID:  112
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  6975
  • Birthday:  10/09/1960

If you dont like the game dont play it simple as that. But XI has choose to support it and it will crush all other games in time.

• Member ID:  138
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  63
  • Topic Count:  474
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4470
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  30749
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  07/01/1974
  • Device:  Android

• Member ID:  138
  • Followers:  63
  • Topic Count:  474
  • Content Count:  4470
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  30749
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  07/01/1974

johnny no pun intended stick to cod 5 bud new games have issues  make time to resolve but thats pc gaming for you

• Member ID:  559
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  3492
  • Birthday:  10/09/1970
  • Device:  Windows

I MUST ADMIT IT IS A GOOD GAME, JUST NEEDS ALOT OF THINGS SORTED OUT ON THERE WHICH TAKES TIME.............

AND JUST AN IDEAR WHY NOT TURN ONE SERVER INTO JUST XI ONLY WITH A PASSWORD OR SOMETHING SO XI MEMBERS CAN PLAY ON WITHOUT ANY HACKER MESSIN IT UP..................

mikey1799

I MUST ADMIT IT IS A GOOD GAME, JUST NEEDS ALOT OF THINGS SORTED OUT ON THERE WHICH TAKES TIME.............

AND JUST AN IDEAR WHY NOT TURN ONE SERVER INTO JUST XI ONLY WITH A PASSWORD OR SOMETHING SO XI MEMBERS CAN PLAY ON WITHOUT ANY HACKER MESSIN IT UP..................

that my friend may cause drama, if we want in and cant .. we're not going to kick fellow clan members are we :P as rugger said they are working on a mod tool .. once its ready we can prolly add reserved slots and then add the password on em. till then we gotta enjoy what we have :)

• Member ID:  1130
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

I for one like the game. My biggest complaints are the lack of talking in game which is starting to change somewhat and the team kills. I think that sucks the most because there have been numerious times I am shooting at an enemy and have a team mate run in front of me and die. Then I am charged with a team kill through no fault of my own.

as soon as the mod tool is ready we will make sure the teamkill will be OFF. i know what u mean and it is very annoying since u will get kicked after 4 kills and temp banned for 5 minutes which is gay.

• Member ID:  1130
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

You got that right Evool and thanks for the quick reply.

• Member ID:  1056
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  2789
  • Birthday:  09/28/1970

I tried Black ops, too much crap for me & I dont like the game engine, im sticking with COD2.

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  41339
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992

Sitting-duc
If anyone doesn't want the game.. I wouldn't mind having their copy xD

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Sitting-duc
Sitting-duc
If anyone doesn't want the game.. I wouldn't mind having their copy xD

Need a new coaster for your coffee mug? Tongue out

• Member ID:  1588
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  904
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5532
  • Birthday:  08/25/1966

MY TWO CENTS::

1: Maps are too small--whats the use in having a sniper rifle if the longest shot is 50 feet away??

2: Spawns are ridiculous, keep getting disconnected from server

3: Just like MW2 run-n-gun platform, no strategy. (whats the use of all the camo and face paint when all you do is run and shoot?)

4: No voice notification-who's speaking? DOESN'T FUCKIN MATTER CAUSE YOU CANT HERE THEM ANYWAY !!

5: That being said, I'm stickin with it,I think it has the potential of being a really awesome game. Once the the bugs are worked out and these FREIKIN BADASS >XI< MODDERS get to work!!! They will make it the best game yet!!

Awards

• Member ID:  260
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  602
  • Birthday:  06/09/1979

HEY ROGUE give me the name of the server where people are running and gunning cause i can find is cheap ass campers and spawn killers, and the HC( HIDE AND CAMP) mode just promotes it even in the XI  servers. I like the game way better than mw2 AND BC2  got old real fast. I want to see a return to pure games meaning no gimmick crap like using vehicles on people or the clays and c4.  I feel these things only help campers, I want to play against quality players that only need the guns and know how to shoot not run thru an m60 blasting them and stab you total crap. I had no problems with the game other than server lag which you get in all online games. BTW how people bought crisis and couldnt run it when it came out, how many systems out there still cant run it for shit???  just a suggestion since XI has a tdm and ctf servers which camping really is needed to win in these modes, can we try to stop the camping in the ffa server so it doesnt get ruined like the cod4 ace server did. maybe return some honor amongst players that made me start pc gaming all those years ago. Or am I just past the times and all these youngins are  just so lazy they cant run in a video game.  I didnt play cod waw cause my old comp would barely run it and not many people played it by the time i could, but I think this one is a keeper if we can get our dirty hands on some mods!!!!  LOL Sorry for the rant! 

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

I dont like it too much right now either myself.  I will pick it up back up once the bugs are all worked out and its more run and gun.

• Member ID:  86
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  223
  • Content Count:  1824
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  13395
  • Birthday:  06/29/1967

Ok folks.  I have to voice my opinion.  Everyone is flaming the game.  But from a programs point and to those who knows.  There is very little wrong with the game.  You have to remember that these games are actually designed for game platforms.  PS3, XBox and etc.  All those platforms are uniform.  No changes.  But the pc is a whole different platform.  you have different windows, different equipment, different programs that conflict your your software and different driver versios and so on.  There are to many variables for a programer or programers to account for.  It takes time.  Personally, my system is top rate and I get several console crashes every day with errors and I know it is not the game but a issue with something in my system.  Give them time.  Want to help.  Go to there forums and tell them was is wrong which they are probably already aware of and are trying to fix.  The same thing can be said about upgrading a operating system on your pc.  error and so forth. incompatiable drivers and so on.  Give them time.

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

This is from Capt Com the guy who runs COD UTILITY. You won't like it.

posticon.gifPosted yesterday, 07:47   quote.gif
RE : Dissappointed

The reason why there is a limit of 18 players is simple, maps are very, very small. 18 is already plenty enough and on multiplayer it, sometime too much. The reason I'm saying that its because I played on a full server in a hardcore match... You die every 1 or 2 seconds... not very funny and if you have a lower rank when you play against higher ranks, you're done.

But I agree with MelVin, it doesn't feel like a CoD game anymore. Its more like a frag fest, the kind of game that kids like on console.

Personally, my MP experience online was disappointing. Like I said, run n gun with the finger pressing the trigger all the time is not really my cup of tea. Also the spawning system is so weird... when you shot someone there's always a guy that will kill you in your back.

At the opposite, Combat Training is what I like the most. Playing MP with bots is great. Its also a good way to practice. I reached the Commander rank. Now I'm trying to complete all the challenges. I really like that.

I played a couple of hours on the singleplayer mission. Its not too bad but all the cinematics is making crazy... when too much is too much,,, you have the example there. Its also too "linear". I will probably continue the mission later, when all the CT challenges will be done.

I tried the Zombie Solo challenge. I always asked myself what people like about those zombies maps/gameplay.... At least, if it was "normal" maps with zombies but being sticked in one room with zombies destroying windows barricades to come in.... very annoying.

I also agree when people said that this is looking like a console game and yes, this is probably the last PC game we will see in this serie.

To bring me back to multiplayer, I'll need the mapping tools. Without the tools I'll probably won't play MP anymore. We need bigger maps to allow tactical play, sniper maps ( my best ), etc.

Kind of the way I feel about the game.If you want to see more go to the http://www.codutility.com/index.php. and browse their forums under COD 7 didcussions.

• Member ID:  86
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  223
  • Content Count:  1824
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  13395
  • Birthday:  06/29/1967

I am pretty sure that someone is working on a modding tool for the game somewhere.  but Like I said in other post.  It takes time.  I hate the small maps too.  Hopefully they are already working on some new maps and are listening to the players about making bigger maps.  But only time will tell.

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

i have other games that required a steam account thats why i probley will not buy blacks ops im waiting for the exspansion pack for bfbc2 which should be out before end of month and only 15 dollars makes it in my range now adays lol.i should had warned you all if i knew steam was running things steam sucs ass.... a lot of hijacking of accounts happen on steam.then its a pain in the ass to get it straightend out with them

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

As i said before i really hope we can make this into a good game, i want to like it but very frustrated at the moment, posted yesterday about our server resetting itself after 4 maps, so we were playing the same 4 maps over and over again, it's crap like that, that pisses me off, and as for it gonna blow all the other games away, i seem to remember all the same excitement for BFBC2, now that game is stinking a lot of dustbins out, i personally think we reached a peak with cod games for the PC with cod4 i think things have been going downhill ever since, But i will stick at Black Ops for the time being in the hope that we perform a rescue mission when we get the mod tools.Undecided