Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

MW3 Whats It Like ?

ROCKAPE

• Member ID:  4
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  171
  • Topic Count:  1094
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5158
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Achievement Points:  43607
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/16/1967
  • Device:  Windows

Hi guys I havent got it yet as I bought Battlefield 3,so I hope Santa is kind to me this year as its on my xmas list.

So whats it like..?.any screen shots etc,please let us know how you are finding it and if you play BF3 how does it compare ?......thanks.

• Member ID:  88
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3485
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22917
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991
  • Device:  Android

i dont play bf3 but there are no similaritys..2 completely different gamestyles (my own personal opinion)  but id say its probably the second best cod to be released if you never played mw2 or BO then its something new to try id definatly say its a run and gun game like most CoDs but i enjoy this one alot. some gameplay i found so enjoy

• Member ID:  839
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

Well I can't compare it to BF3 because the last BF game I have is BF2142. And MW3 is far better than that one. I honestly beleive that it is the best COD ever. I played a lot of Black Ops and no MW2 (Blackbird my grandson played it a lot).

I really liked Black Ops. It has great graphics and I beleive that MW3 has even better. The weapons are better than Black Ops. So I hope that you get it for Christmas. I think I would get it before so you can spend Christmas with the family.

I am not that great of player, I always have some excuse, I just can't play like I used to. But I have a lot of fun and that is what it is really all about.

• Member ID:  698
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1145
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  7232

MW3 is VERY popular at the Shark house. Everybody (accept me) is playing it and loving it.

Fins Up!

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7653
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Achievement Points:  53668
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

I'm with Bushape. This is the best COD release to date.

• Member ID:  69
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2660
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  22968
  • Days Won:  19
  • Birthday:  05/07/1965

I'm not sure i like it more than COD5 but this is a great game . If you like 'run and gun' style this is a game for you.Graphics are ok but not as good as BF3 ...that said i tried BF3 and had no fun at all...To be short if you are into fast,wild,gameplay this is a game for you.If you like a more cooperative gameplay maybe you'll prefer BF3.

• Member ID:  94
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  554
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3759
  • Birthday:  12/03/1955

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9087041

Why Battlefield 3 fall short to MW3 standards.
COD is the standard

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Rockape, in my view you made the correct choice.  I have an awful feeling that I have been stiffed by Activision all over again...  I complained after buying Black Ops and finding I could only play three games in a row without the blasted game freezing up on me.  I wish I could play MW3 without it falling over in some way every other game...  If it isn't an IW5MP.EXE error (possibly fixed by muting all voices in ones config, I have learnt via Google - a lot of people are suffering this one), it is repeated DirectX errors stopping the game.  Lag arrives in various quantities; one map has a spawn area obviously not coded right - as soon as you stutter out of it all is well.  This experienced on a day when I installed a greatly superior video card to that I had originally.  I'm not writing off MW3 just yet - we all know it hasn't been out long and there'll be a patch or two along that could fix the problems with it.  However, in terms of depth and sheer enjoyment (not to mention reliability that it'll keep running game after game without falling over), BF3 is a vastly superior game.

(And the word is it is more demanding of ones system so go figure...)

• Member ID:  92
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  2241
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  13358
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/09/1977

Hi Rockape,

Well, even as a Head Admin for MW3, I was originally finding it way to fast for my brain to keep up.  I would get killed every 10 seconds.  However I have suck with it, and am absolutely loving it now.  Again I can't compare with BF3, to be honest you can't really.  They are so different in their game play.  If you want tactical, and take your time, I guess BF3 is for you.  If you want to play in a similar style to the previous COD editions (though much faster!) then MW3 is for you.  I personally haven't had any problems with the game.  It's very stable as far as I'm concerned.

At present few people are playing on the dedicated servers, as we all want to rank up first.  Once people have got over that (say another month, just in time for Christmas) the Dedis will fill up.  The ranking system is the p2p system of MW2, and yes you can sometimes be hosted by someone the other side of the world (especially if you team up with friends in the States) but it trys for the best connections, and is a significant improvement on MW2 for P2P connectivity.  Remember you get plenty of juvenile players, to which you can't administer, but it's not the end of the wrold, and you learn to ignore them.  Naturally the Dedis can be managed quite convincingly, considering the admins tools have only just come out.

I also cannot find fault (yet) with hackers.  I'm sure there are some, and going to be more as time goes by, but it seems very clean at present, which is very refreshing.

In conclusion, you like previous cod series, then you will like this.  Just be prepared to get owned for a good few weeks/months, until you get with the pace of the game (going back to cod 4 seems like it's in slow motion!).  With the mixture of matchmaking and dedicated servers gives the player plenty to choose from, with a good number of game types, and this is refreshing.

Hope to own you on the battlefield soon ;)

Cavey

• Member ID:  69
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2660
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  22968
  • Days Won:  19
  • Birthday:  05/07/1965

Cavey

Hi Rockape,

Well, even as a Head Admin for MW3, I was originally finding it way to fast for my brain to keep up.  I would get killed every 10 seconds.  However I have suck with it, and am absolutely loving it now.  Again I can't compare with BF3, to be honest you can't really.  They are so different in their game play.  If you want tactical, and take your time, I guess BF3 is for you.  If you want to play in a similar style to the previous COD editions (though much faster!) then MW3 is for you.  I personally haven't had any problems with the game.  It's very stable as far as I'm concerned.

At present few people are playing on the dedicated servers, as we all want to rank up first.  Once people have got over that (say another month, just in time for Christmas) the Dedis will fill up.  The ranking system is the p2p system of MW2, and yes you can sometimes be hosted by someone the other side of the world (especially if you team up with friends in the States) but it trys for the best connections, and is a significant improvement on MW2 for P2P connectivity.  Remember you get plenty of juvenile players, to which you can't administer, but it's not the end of the wrold, and you learn to ignore them.  Naturally the Dedis can be managed quite convincingly, considering the admins tools have only just come out.

I also cannot find fault (yet) with hackers.  I'm sure there are some, and going to be more as time goes by, but it seems very clean at present, which is very refreshing.

In conclusion, you like previous cod series, then you will like this.  Just be prepared to get owned for a good few weeks/months, until you get with the pace of the game (going back to cod 4 seems like it's in slow motion!).  With the mixture of matchmaking and dedicated servers gives the player plenty to choose from, with a good number of game types, and this is refreshing.

Hope to own you on the battlefield soon ;)

Cavey

Yes that's what i meant.Cavey's english is just a little bit better that's all ....pfffff

boudeur.jpg

• Member ID:  623
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1072
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  7809
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/26/1982

MW3 is great, it's got great graphics. Game play is good/great. I have an older rig and it plays better and with better FPS than Black Ops even. I'm happy with it, especially since I didn't think my rig would produce more than 20 or 25 FPS, and Im getting 55 and up with it on Native, which is awesome. (thanks to sgt. harry weezer)

Im not a BF fan, I have BFBC2 and don't really care for it at all. Won't even try BF3, but thats just my personal opinion.

• Member ID:  2719
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  361
  • Birthday:  06/16/1974

graphics are ok but not so good as btf3

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

All of the above is right on...

I have both, and was really looking forward to BF3 as I like tactical and piloting....but as fast as MW3 is BF3 was worse for me...

I couldnt see 10' of the maps...dead...spawn...dead...ad nausem....I got so disgusted I didnt go back for days....then I tried it again and I find that after plugging in a joystick I couldnt configure it, and now my mouse is way off...like 1" away from evverything I need to aim or point at....so I cant even play it....went back to cod5 ftag and then MW3 came out....in search of something new I bought that too and have been having a wonderful time getting my ass handed to me but getting better....it is WAY run and gun and Cheese is a master at it....Dukoo and Drimp and a few others but no one frustrates me more than Cheese...lol...awesome....

My hope is after a while we can get some bigger maps and some foliage and all to slow the game down a bit or even a ftag mod would be awesome....

I really wanted BF3 to be my game but couldnt get my head around it and now I got issues with configs and such....I wanted badly to fly again....I started my fps career in CFS1...

• Member ID:  2028
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1740
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Achievement Points:  10637
  • Birthday:  03/10/1963

I think  i asked santa to  for it

• Member ID:  266
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  3852
  • Birthday:  11/16/1964

i asked santa   he said fuck off   : (

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

BF3 is a great game, you have to work a bit harder for kills and rewards then you do in the cod games....oh yeah there is no bunny hopping either so that can't be bad can itInnocent

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

Sonovabich
BF3 is a great game, you have to work a bit harder for kills and rewards then you do in the cod games....oh yeah there is no bunny hopping either so that can't be bad can itInnocent

OMG that must be fantastic....MW3 is a bunnie paradise....

• Member ID:  378
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  559
  • Birthday:  12/29/1965

Can't compare because I have never played BF3, but I am really starting to like and get the hang of MW3. As others have said it is fast paced and I do get owned sometimes, but that is making me a better player.  What I miss is playing in a dedicated server with all my XI friends like in COD4 Ftag.  I also miss the constant banter back and forth as no one on the game servers says a word. But as someone said hopefully we will start filling our servers as soon as we all level up. 

• Member ID:  213
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5645
  • Birthday:  06/06/1963

none of you have convinced me this game is worth 60 bucks.... BF3 is great, slower paced but more Strategic. Bunny hoppin and no teamplay gets repeitive

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

No bunny hopping in BF3?...hahahahahaha..Thats all I see in there..when u try to get away..or cross map...And you say there is team play in there?..Another BS..In game chat dont work..You have to Join TS..Now you have 2 programs running..and not everybody is in the same team..So it becomes CHAOS in TS...If I had to do it all over again..I buy a YO-YO more fun for sure..

• Member ID:  1588
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  904
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5532
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/25/1966

BF3--Realistic, big maps,aircraft,artillery( although sometimes the artillery seems to overwhelm the game play)  - as in prev. bf's)Good weapon upgrading-bullet trajectory is awesomely real and gets better as you progress weapons, as it should.Shouldn't even be compared to prev. bf's cause the hitbox is really good now.Slow at switching weapons or positions which is really irritating especially when being shot at. The joysticks are still causing some problems but they are working on it.Hardcore is the only way to go, the big maps and sniping are irrelevant in softcore cause you have to hit someone 4-6 times and that is almost impossible sniping with someone on the move. I never liked BF  before --ALWAYS been a COD fan but BF3 Is a great gameplay.

MW3-- So disappointing--forget about any sniping, I suspect they will try and roll out a map bigger than a football field and try to charge you $$ for it. It is a great run and gun and has the "COD" aiming and shooting quickly which I like.But for the most part it is a run and gun slimmed down version of mw2--not worth 50 bucks.I think this will be the last of COD Unless someone picks them up,the game was like leftover turkey that they had to throw together and use up..

Awards

• Member ID:  1588
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  904
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5532
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/25/1966

Hey Chili, I'Lll get you one of those balls where you can put the square piece, The star, the triangle and the octagon inside----that should keep you entertained for awhile LMAO.

Awards

• Member ID:  1443
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

RogueKill
Hey Chili, I'Lll get you one of those balls where you can put the square piece, The star, the triangle and the octagon inside----that should keep you entertained for awhile LMAO.

+1 Laughing

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Definately no bunny hopping in BF3, there was enough reviews in this forum from people who bought the game to let others know that it was nothing like any cod games, so i say again if you are expecting something like a cod game ie people bouncing all over the maps, then don't buy BF3Frown

• Member ID:  559
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  3492
  • Birthday:  10/09/1970