Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Cod4 Grenade Launcher And Grenade Damage

mrchappie

• Member ID:  1103
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

Beta server dean, and its a petty theres such ridicule over an honest opinion on this site

The word is: pity.

Petty is what I'm being right now.

Edited by PingLo

• Member ID:  800
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6957
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58358
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957
  • Device:  Windows

• Member ID:  2774
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1172
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/04/1978

what's next crying over dyeing by ur own carepackage? lol chappie it could be worse and besides we can't let ur side win we have to do what we must to win and live ^_^ not our fault u happen to walk right into the explosion lawl. oh well.

Awards

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

The Chinalake is no more overpowered than the standard GL attachment is. Nor is it any less powerful. However the maps can make a world of difference and yes small maps full of nades because of 32 players isnt very fun. Doesnt mean there is anything inherently wrong with it. For a comparison people should go play Shipment with 32 players.

• Member ID:  2702
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  1057
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  8385
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/26/1978
  • Device:  Android

With friendly fire on!

• Member ID:  2083
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

The Chinalake is no more overpowered than the standard GL attachment is. Nor is it any less powerful. However the maps can make a world of difference and yes small maps full of nades because of 32 players isnt very fun. Doesnt mean there is anything inherently wrong with it. For a comparison people should go play Shipment with 32 players.

small maps with lots of people is fun and intence!

now I can't speak for the beta server but even in ftag1 you can get killed by a tube or nade through a wall or around a corner of a building from several yards away which I don't agree with but........ w/e you know!

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

Call me what you want but the tubes are one of the main reasons that I started playing BF3...over half of my deaths every map are from random tubes from nowhere, through a wall or something else. I can take getting outgunned or killed by someone who is a better shot than me but to get killed by some tube from all of the way across the map randomly is just a bunch of shit. IMHO

Sammy, I think you do a great job with the mod and have always praised you for it but rather than defending the tube on this one, can't we make an adjustment so it isn't SO strong? At least a trial run. You've heard many people tell you what is actually happening in the game yet you still don't believe them. Cobra, Pinky, myself, and many others who play the server all of the time have all been killed through a wall or from 40 feet away from where the tube lands, and unfortunately regardless of your stats, it happens. I don't know that having one item frustrate half of the players due to the overstrength of it is the best for the servers, is it?

I'm sure the people that use the tubes constantly will hate lessening the effect because they'll actually have to aim now but so be it...I have to aim with my machine gun to hit you and with my grenades, they actually have to be placed properly. I say tone the power down by half on the tubes and leave the nades where they are. Just my personal opinion and ridicule all you want but most of who will say anything are tubers anyways and I already have my opinions on why you have to use one.

Went through the needed server settings for changing the chinalake damage with Rugger. So its a matter of what he thinks is best for the server. In HC games a pea shooter could be lethal if there was one so explosive weapons are supposed to be powerful.

Both the rifles with the GL attachment and the Chinalake are considered 'projectile' weapons. They both fire the same thing and there are no shenanigans by me to make them work differently. The rifle or launcher fires a projectile with the proper settings for velocity and its on its own. I can do nothing to affect it other than decide whether or not to modify how much damage is done when a player gets the internal game notification that he has taken damage. Such as whether to ignore it because of friendly fire rules.

In the end... if you believe the explosion penetrated a wall anyways then its IW you need to contact because I can do nothing to make it behave that way even if I wanted to. At best all I could do is manually perform distance checks since it is not possible to force bullet traces to ignore walls or even cloth. Some modders have tried to do this to get around the LR sniper rifle penetration problem but it was always a hack and never worked well.

Sammy, don't get us wrong, we don't think that it is anything that you did, not at all. Some of us are simply stating how powerful the tubes are on the mod and asking if that damage level could be decreased.

In no way does this opinion reflect on you or the job you are doing with the mod, you are doing a great job. I actually love the new server too, I just wish there were more people that would play it!

No matter what comes of the tube situation, keep up the great job that you and Rugger are doing!

Flushy

• Member ID:  2264
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3997
  • Birthday:  05/03/1979

runners complain about campers, campers complain about smoke, people that lay clays complain about toobs, people that toob complain about frag nades, people that throw nades complain about jumpers, jumpers complain about clays, clan members complain about maps, registered users complain they can't glitch, admin complain that your complaining.........it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on........

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

you forgot one dayton....jumpers complaining bout people who prone

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Call me what you want but the tubes are one of the main reasons that I started playing BF3...over half of my deaths every map are from random tubes from nowhere, through a wall or something else. I can take getting outgunned or killed by someone who is a better shot than me but to get killed by some tube from all of the way across the map randomly is just a bunch of shit. IMHO

Sammy, I think you do a great job with the mod and have always praised you for it but rather than defending the tube on this one, can't we make an adjustment so it isn't SO strong? At least a trial run. You've heard many people tell you what is actually happening in the game yet you still don't believe them. Cobra, Pinky, myself, and many others who play the server all of the time have all been killed through a wall or from 40 feet away from where the tube lands, and unfortunately regardless of your stats, it happens. I don't know that having one item frustrate half of the players due to the overstrength of it is the best for the servers, is it?

I'm sure the people that use the tubes constantly will hate lessening the effect because they'll actually have to aim now but so be it...I have to aim with my machine gun to hit you and with my grenades, they actually have to be placed properly. I say tone the power down by half on the tubes and leave the nades where they are. Just my personal opinion and ridicule all you want but most of who will say anything are tubers anyways and I already have my opinions on why you have to use one.

Lol Flushy just wait until a building collapses on you in BF after a tube or nade hits it....usually random :rambo:

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

I just hope all of this don't mean this server won't be hardcore anymore, i hate softcore servers, in BF3 i only play hardcore servers too, if we change it the next complaint will be "oh i just can't kill anyone, i put a full into that player and he never died".....well actually i hear that now in this server so God help us if we lower power of stuff.

Already happened SOB...the damn heli's and planes are kicking my ass!!! :) I need to take some flying lessons asap so I can be one of the killers and not the killee! :2guns:

Already happened SOB...the damn heli's and planes are kicking my ass!!! :) I need to take some flying lessons asap so I can be one of the killers and not the killee! :2guns:

If you work as a team, and one person calls in a SAM, they are very good at taking down all heli's so long as they are in visual los.

Oh, sorry Sammy. SOB and I switched the conversation to BF3 all of a sudden. :). I wish I had a SAM turret for that game!

• Member ID:  3710
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  288
  • Birthday:  07/08/1995

THESE GUYS USE THE TUBE TO KILL THE MOST PEOPLE IN THE SERVER, SO BLAME THEM lol

50adbadc53dda_2012112214020PM.png

• Member ID:  1103
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

THESE GUYS USE THE TUBE TO KILL THE MOST PEOPLE IN THE SERVER, SO BLAME THEM lol

50adbadc53dda_2012112214020PM.png

I'm number one Yessss!!!