Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Redirecting Players

Blaze

• Member ID:  2702
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1057
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  8385
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/26/1978
  • Device:  Android

I graciously request that the redirect system be improved to maybe weed out the inactive and disconnected players before the participating players.

I have been redirected whilst near the top of the board when there are four players AFK and two players with 999 pings. I have no idea if it possible to have a way of selecting who is chosen for redirect first, but it has to be worth mentioning.

Many thanks

• Member ID:  54
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  495
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4498
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  32003
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

we've had this post before and i think it was being look into as it should be lowest scoring non xi member first ????

Edited by MARKOFF>XI<

Awards

• Member ID:  459
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5416
  • Days Won:  0

as we said before... you're a great player but your not an XI member so as long as you're not, it will happen more often that you will be redirected.

we have a lot of members that wanne play that server, especially on the times that you and me are online. i have to ask frequently to an admin to make me some room. maybe it was you that was kicked for me or someone else....

• Member ID:  3214
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2362
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Achievement Points:  14004
  • Birthday:  06/23/1981

i like to play also so if you are a non scoring nonmember then you shall be redirected so members can havce fun on our servers srry but its just how it goes :o)\

\

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

When a new player joins every player is assigned a weight that is a combination of being an admin, a clan member, clan member score and the time played in seconds.

Admins are given a very high weight so the only possible way one could potentially be kicked is if everybody in the server... in this case 24 or 32... is an admin as listed in the server configs. Clan members have an extra starting weight in addition to their current score. At this point all non-members have a zero weight. Last one added is the time played in seconds.

Whoever has the lowest weight loses. Obviously a joining non-member would have a zero weight so he is the one to be kicked. Except in those servers that give negative scores for FF or something. In which case a player with a negative score would be kicked.

• Member ID:  1357
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  181
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2292
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  16615
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/11/1972

I got an idea....if we just set it to redirect Blaze all the time, it would save all the others :w00t:

• Member ID:  459
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5416

and i was thinking that you admins had a black book with names in it of who to kick first..second..thirth...

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

you've been black listed photo-thumb-87.jpg

• Member ID:  92
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  2241
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  13358
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/09/1977

When a new player joins every player is assigned a weight that is a combination of being an admin, a clan member, clan member score and the time played in seconds.

Admins are given a very high weight so the only possible way one could potentially be kicked is if everybody in the server... in this case 24 or 32... is an admin as listed in the server configs. Clan members have an extra starting weight in addition to their current score. At this point all non-members have a zero weight. Last one added is the time played in seconds.

Whoever has the lowest weight loses. Obviously a joining non-member would have a zero weight so he is the one to be kicked. Except in those servers that give negative scores for FF or something. In which case a player with a negative score would be kicked.

If that is the case why did he get redirected based on what he has described in his post???

Surely that weighting system is over complicating it. I have not done any COD4 coding, so I'm not sure if this idea is possible. However it would make much more sense to base it on if gaming name contains >XI< then ignore, then find lowest score equals redirect.

Naturally non members could put the >XI< tag on their name, but run the risk of being banned not redirected.

I totally agree with Blaze that it must be very frustrating to be close to the top of the leader board and be redirected over other non members with shit scores.

Sammy I hear you not a GOD at this cod4 programming. Maybe this is something you could look into.

Its a tricky balance to decide who to kick. Score? Playtime? K/D ratio? Streaks? Everybody has their own idea of what should be the most important thing. As far as 'doing it', its a matter of figuring out the right things to plug into a math problem.

Someone plays for 5 minutes and gets 1000 points. Another person plays for 20 minutes but gets only 500 points. Which one to kick? If its simply score then the guy that has played for 20 minutes is gone. Doesnt seem very fair. On the other hand someone that can get 1000 points in 5 minutes is pretty good in comparison. Cant just say too bad he hasnt played long enough.

Its a tricky balance to decide who to kick. Score? Playtime? K/D ratio? Streaks? Everybody has their own idea of what should be the most important thing. As far as 'doing it', its a matter of figuring out the right things to plug into a math problem.

Someone plays for 5 minutes and gets 1000 points. Another person plays for 20 minutes but gets only 500 points. Which one to kick? If its simply score then the guy that has played for 20 minutes is gone. Doesnt seem very fair. On the other hand someone that can get 1000 points in 5 minutes is pretty good in comparison. Cant just say too bad he hasnt played long enough.

I do see your point. Maybe then... If gaming name contains >XI< then ignore, else find last connected player equals redirect. That way it caters for yours potential snipers or campers who have been on for a while. This would only work if there is a kick for afk after set time period, in order that an afk can't reserve a slot while going to the shops, etc...

What's your thoughts on that???

Example problem, assuming two players of the same skill for their particular classes:

Specops over time potentially has a high number of kills but also a high number of deaths. While in comparison over the same amount of time a sniper would be low for both. For their particular classes those kinds of scores are to be expected and their K/D might actually be the same. Assuming both played 20 minutes how do you decide which one should have more priority than the other? If time and K/D are the same what else is there that would not place one class over another because of each ones specific role? Cant use traveled distance since one is usually stationary and one is not. Cant use accuracy since a good sniper that takes his time can easily be %90-%100 while specops would probably be less. Cant be streaks because how to you compare someone who got 3 RC's vs someone who got 2 airstrikes?

I am open to ideas but everybody has their own of order of importance and what is fair so its hard to decide. But there is one simple solution. I could base the order on my own admittedly biased opinions and say thats that. Keeping in mind for example that I think a sniper that gets 15 osok headshots is a better player than one that gets 30 spray and pray kills. ;)

To be honest there is no solution that will meet everyone's preferences. However all I know is that the present method is getting negative feedback. This isn't a slant at you, as you provide an awesome addition to this community.

Sometimes you have to be strict and that's that... So if anyone was to come to the forums and ask why they were redirected, I'm sure they would be more understandable based on simply logic (not member and last joined = first choice to be redirected) compared to based on this complex weighting system (again no offense, as I can only imagine the work that went into it) where if you are this class you get this many points, and if you are that you get so many points.

Basically Sammy, I've learnt over the years that gamers either don't understand the backend or don't give a shit. Those who do want a simple explanation. Forgive me if I offend anyone, though even with this website, i've gone down the "awesome" route (from a programming aspect) only to be told or through feedback that "we are happy with a more simple solution".

As they say the best ideas are normally the most simple ideas ;)

• Member ID:  3132
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  323
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3170
  • Birthday:  04/23/1971

Actually, I think that would be a great way to handle it. If the person's name does not include XI tags then it should default to seeing how long they've been connected. Last in...first out. (waits patiently for the "That's what she said" comeback.)

I myself have been redirected after being on the server for 30min or more for an XI member when I know others had been on for a lot less time than that. Hell, I thought that's how it was until the first time I got redirected after being on for a while.

Don't get me wrong, I understand it's y'alls server(s) and XI members should come first, but getting kicked in the middle of a map when you've been on longer than someone else gets really annoying.

Edited by Kamo7s

Were those others clan members?

• Member ID:  3132
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  323
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3170
  • Birthday:  04/23/1971

As I said, I can see why I would have got the boot if they were XI members, but no, to my recollection they were not members.

• Member ID:  1443
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

I graciously request that the redirect system be improved to maybe weed out the inactive and disconnected players before the participating players.

I have been redirected whilst near the top of the board when there are four players AFK and two players with 999 pings. I have no idea if it possible to have a way of selecting who is chosen for redirect first, but it has to be worth mentioning.

Many thanks

Is it possible that at some point during the map, you went to Spectate and then rejoined your team? I ask because I have seen several people do that and get redirected even though they had been on the map for a long time.

Edited by DramaLlama

Yes the game does not consider spectating as playing time. Currently the only things counted towards non-clan members is amount of actual playing time. Clan members also add scores and a small buffer of sorts as additional priorities.

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8276
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53697
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

Pfft lucky bastard might be kicked to a real game lke World at War. He won't complaine I know none of the women do

:0-

• Member ID:  3398
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  708
  • Birthday:  05/06/1983

I am not a clan member, and have been redirected a number of times. I honestly have no problem with it since the XI servers are about the only ones I play anymore. My one wish is that I would be directed to a server that is slightly populated.....but what am I saying, I will probably just sit on my thumb like usual and keep hitting the refresh button on my favorites list, lol.

Well the Chi server that people get redirected to is the better mod. So go figure.