Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Time To Boycott Bank Of America

Bullet

• Member ID:  1854
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2652
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/24/1964
  • Device:  Windows

He isn't referring to your information from Snopes, Spartacus. He is referring to the original poster's link.

OK, here's another one by Fox News. Looks like they have been accused by 2 different gun mfrs of the same type of thing.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/27/gun-manufacturer-says-bank-american-doesnt-want-his-business/

• Member ID:  258
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  364
  • Birthday:  09/05/1953

ASSHOLES,,FUCK EM

• Member ID:  1128
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6538
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63540
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

In attempting to check this out, I found dozens of pseudo "news" sites and various agenda-driven sites carrying this information, but not one credible news organization reporting on it with comment from Bank of America. That's one good indication this is a large load of shit.

The other is basic common sense.

This "story" says Bank of America "decided to hold the deposits for further review." What the hell does that mean? How can a bank "hold" deposits in a corporate account for any reason? It's not their money. The money belongs to the account holder and a bank, absent some court order, has no legal process that I'm aware of to seize funds in any account. And why would a bank want to "review" deposits? To what end?

Doesn't make sense.

As well, all banks have one objective: make money. They don't pursue political objectives - why would they?

Lastly, Bank of America is one of the largest banks in the country and some "manager in the right department" of a local branch would hardly be voicing some corporate political objective.

Bullshit.

Harry they did it to me and so did Chase and one local bank here so for the moment i use a cash debit system card!

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6538
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63540
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

I never liked them anyway...and I made Vic withdrawal his stuff from there but they took like over 5 grand from him so he currently has a lawsuit against them.

They are grade 1 money mongers!

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14894
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Achievement Points:  91144
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

So is this just propaganda from a website that has a political agenda?

Nope....

Snopes is Non Biased Last Time I Heard...

Politics Should Not Be Confused With Federal Law Pete.

Giving Illegal Aliens Credit Cards Violates Fedral Law Doesn't It?

Is Is Not Fraud?

Now If You Want To Discuss Changing Fedral Law, Then That Would Be Political In Nature...

Would'nt it?

No Sparty, I was refering to the original post.. Looks like its complete crap and someone just wanting to get their point across in a fraudulent manor. Typical...

• Member ID:  1387
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

In attempting to check this out, I found dozens of pseudo "news" sites and various agenda-driven sites carrying this information, but not one credible news organization reporting on it with comment from Bank of America. That's one good indication this is a large load of shit.

This "story" says Bank of America "decided to hold the deposits for further review." What the hell does that mean? How can a bank "hold" deposits in a corporate account for any reason? It's not their money. The money belongs to the account holder and a bank, absent some court order, has no legal process that I'm aware of to seize funds in any account. And why would a bank want to "review" deposits? To what end?

Doesn't make sense.

As well, all banks have one objective: make money. They don't pursue political objectives - why would they?

Lastly, Bank of America is one of the largest banks in the country and some "manager in the right department" of a local branch would hardly be voicing some corporate political objective.

Bullshit.

Well The Bank Can Hold or "Freeze" Your Assets If You Have Been Accused Of Violating Law.

The Patriot Act Gives Them The Right To Do So If The Account Holder Is Suspected Of Terrorism Or Other Federal Crime.

This Almost Happened To Me Over A Discrepency In My Account Info With My Wife 5 Years Ago.

IF You Want Details Why, PM Me. I Won't Post The Rest.

• Member ID:  1130
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

I took my money out off BOA a long time ago because they where a bunch of assholes.

• Member ID:  22339
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1715
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  12965
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  03/20/1972

As far as getting news from a legitimate source......where there lies the problem. These days I'm struggling with who and what to believe. It seems that our so called "legitimate" sources of news only tell us what they want us to know. There's lots of stuff that they cover which seems like a political agenda to me but plenty of things that they don't cover. I just want to hear the truth, good or bad.

• Member ID:  1717
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  86
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  5298
  • Birthday:  09/24/1984

Doesn't make sense.

Bullshit.

If by "credible news organization" you mean MSNBC, CNN, The Huffington Post or The Washington Times they are all liberal leaning news sources and often times choose not to report on incidents or news that is pro gun. Major news outlets are the most biased both left or right. The small Mom and Pop news outlets I find often report more facts without the slant.

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14894
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Achievement Points:  91144
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

Doesn't make sense.

Bullshit.

If by "credible news organization" you mean MSNBC, CNN, The Huffington Post or The Washington Times they are all liberal leaning news sources and often times choose not to report on incidents or news that is pro gun. Major news outlets are the most biased both left or right. The small Mom and Pop news outlets I find often report more facts without the slant.

I disagree, large media outlets need veiwership to sell product. Without viewship, they would cease to exist. If they lose credibilty then who would wish to tune into that. Small internet outlets have nothing to lose, they dont fact check nor do even wish to do so. Their intregity isnt on the line and so they can print whatever. This is a prime case. Dont get me wrong, the large media outlets do have a political agenda and Fox News and MSNBC are the worst.

• Member ID:  800
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6974
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Achievement Points:  58561
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

Pete maybe you should start a TV show ....lmfao

sorry had to...

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7654
  • Content Per Day:  1.96
  • Achievement Points:  53674
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Doesn't make sense.

Bullshit.

I disagree, large media outlets need veiwership to sell product. Without viewship, they would cease to exist. If they lose credibilty then who would wish to tune into that. Small internet outlets have nothing to lose, they dont fact check nor do even wish to do so. Their intregity isnt on the line and so they can print whatever. This is a prime case. Dont get me wrong, the large media outlets do have a political agenda and Fox News and MSNBC are the worst.

You're right of course that most large media, print and broadcast, have a political bias but you're also correct that they understand their credibility is essential to their survival, particularly in the digital world we're in where any asshole can pretend to be a publisher or journalist and the more sensational their crap, the more page views they get and the more they make off advertising. The "credible" media will skew the news left or right depending on their bias, but at base, they don't usually fuck with the facts of a story, particularly one that's being well-covered.

BurnnBright makes a good point: who do you believe? A good approach is to believe no one - take nothing at face value. If you wish to be well informed, and get as close to the "truth" of something as you can, you need to read multiple sources covering the same story. But take those sources from the major news outlets: the big newspapers, and Fox, CBS, CNN, NBC, ABC, etc.. - the more credible news agencies. Also include in your diet the foreign press (try bbc.co.uk and afp.com) which offer insight you don't get in America.

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

Christian Science Monitor - don't leave them out. They tend to - IMHO - have some of the most unbiased news out there.

• Member ID:  3664
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1505
  • Birthday:  07/28/1974
  • Device:  Android

Wow... that's pathetic

• Member ID:  3763
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  672

Regardless true or not (it is and more will come out about this) banks like BOA, Citi and Cap1 are part of the problems with this country. Why ANYONE would do business with one of these giant, money grubbing, greedy, bailed out banks is beyond me. Gov should have let them fail when they had the chance but that is issue for another thread. My locale FCU's do a fine job looking out for MY best interests, keeping my interest rates down, fees are

non-existent and rewards programs the big guys only wish they could pull off.

Yes Banks can "hold" your funds for whatever reason they want to come up with. You will like it because you can't do anything about it. When a company issues a refund to a credit card the money is at the bank WITHIN 3 business days but the bank can "hold" that money for up to 20 days before they give it back. In the mean time they draw interest on that money making huge profits on your convenient "no-interest loan" to them. Kind of sick but it is fact. My NON-PROFIT credit union gets my money back the next day. When our economy falls and everyone wants cash out of the banks see how fast the doors will lock "holding" your money.

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  549
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4680
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41182
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

In the winter of 1996-97 I brought a motorcycle down to San Antonio. Rode it for a few weeks, then put an ad in the SA Express and sold it. Dude paid me with a BOA cashiers check. I traipsed on down to the local BOA on Culebra Rd and tried to get them to transfer the money to my account in Illinois.

No sir, no can do. You don't have an account, and we can't do a thing. Called the BOA help desk, and they said sure, no problem, just take the cashiers check to a local BOA facility and have them contact your bank for the BIC code. Stopped at the BOA on Tezel Rd, and ......same crap. "You don't have an account." "No ma'am, and it's quite likely I never will, if this is the way you handle business."

Haven't dealt with them since, and I'm quite happy with that arrangement.

• Member ID:  3096
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  597
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  5186
  • Birthday:  04/03/1974

I want to post a video but it seems that it is forbidden.

So, I think twice and I edit my post and delite the link to youtube vid. (it was about a bank robbery from 1997)

Sorry for my intervention.

Edited by Sf.Petru

• Member ID:  3791
  • Followers:  48
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  846
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  8884
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/29/1970

So is this just propaganda from a website that has a political agenda?

Nope....

Snopes is Non Biased Last Time I Heard...

Politics Should Not Be Confused With Federal Law Pete.

Giving Illegal Aliens Credit Cards Violates Fedral Law Doesn't It?

Is Is Not Fraud?

Now If You Want To Discuss Changing Fedral Law, Then That Would Be Political In Nature...

Would'nt it?

Snopes doesnt have this story confirmed or not but I agree snopes does a good job.

• Member ID:  3791
  • Followers:  48
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  846
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  8884
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/29/1970

I hate all Banks and big business's but I also hate being emotionally manipulated in a publicity scheme. This just seems too dangerous for a big business with a bad rap already to illegally withold a customers money. Tell them they wont do business with gun mfg's? yea I can see the dirt bags doing that, not exposing themselves to a lawsuit though.