Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

The End of Tony's Stewarts Career?

CobraBites

• Member ID:  1482
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2018
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15303
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967
  • Device:  Windows

I retract from Murder.... to Manslaughter. 

Tony cheated... that is clear. The young man is pissed and Tony drives close to say... Hey punk.... I am Tony Steward. Tries to do a close drive by as the kids needs to be taught a lesson... DON'T BE GOOD AROUND ME BITCH!!!!!!! and Tony probably tired to spin dirt on him an got caught in a rut as he tried to get closer and .... well see the results.

I am so pissed at him but he did not want to kill him... he just did not heed to a caution which is neglect and which is manslaughter. 

He needs to go to prison. He needs to have some time to think about things. Maybe by start his values. Maybe about the family and friends he just crushed. 

there was no cheating, if you know racing you would know that that happens all the time and steward did nothing wrong while racing in that race, . that's racing!!!   the only thing that was wrong was getting out of the car and walking out on the track.

report does confirm that stewart and wards wheels did touch causing ward to flip his ride.....which ultimately led to the altercation causing wards death....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/kevin-ward-jr--deserves-to-be-known-as-more-than-victim-in-tony-stewart-wreck-083005597.html

someone "said" they touched but i don't see it, i didn't see stewards car move at all right when ward spun out, looked like there was some space between them. looks more like he got too far up the track and got into the soft dirt that piles up there, and when that happens you most likely spin out.

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

you cant see it from the camera angle but tonys front tire touch other guys front tire which cause him to flip ....tony did do wrong...tony coulda had avoided the guy altogether by goin down all the way to bottom of the track and he chose to get close to ward so yes tony was wrong in that aspect...yes ward shouldnt have done his part either they both are at fault...but it doesnt excuse tony for his part what soever...tony coulda avoided it but didnt ....@ hxtr think it would more than likely if he gets charged at all for this as a crime it would more than likey be involuntary manslaughter charge....as im would hope tony hitting him wasnt meant to harm him....either way tony goin to have financial woes ...whether he is charged or not im sure the family of ward goin to sue tony for a wrongful death suit.....which tony will not win ....he more than likely will settle for millions outside of court ...bank on that for sure

• Member ID:  349
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  821
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5195
  • Birthday:  01/27/1971

I hope that adding memory improves things for you, it didn't for me. I use to run 6 gigs too, doubling did nothing for me, overclocking did made the difference! I have an i7950b. I will be upgrading soon, cpu, motherboard and memory.

• Member ID:  238
  • Followers:  189
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

I agree with you Cobra he should of been at the bottom and the kid should not have gotten out of his car until track officials cleared the track.  Me myself I would of loved it if the kid would have waited and bashed Steward with his helmet in the pits. Only GOD knows why we do the things we do. My prayer's go out to the kids family, those are the ones who are hurting now.

• Member ID:  238
  • Followers:  189
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

MrBubbles did you really try to hi-jack this post or are you just an idiot LMAO

I hope that adding memory improves things for you, it didn't for me. I use to run 6 gigs too, doubling did nothing for me, overclocking did made the difference! I have an i7950b. I will be upgrading soon, cpu, motherboard and memory.

you cant see it from the camera angle but tonys front tire touch other guys front tire which cause him to flip ....tony did do wrong...tony coulda had avoided the guy altogether by goin down all the way to bottom of the track and he chose to get close to ward so yes tony was wrong in that aspect...yes ward shouldnt have done his part either they both are at fault...but it doesnt excuse tony for his part what soever...tony coulda avoided it but didnt ....@ hxtr think it would more than likely if he gets charged at all for this as a crime it would more than likey be involuntary manslaughter charge....as im would hope tony hitting him wasnt meant to harm him....either way tony goin to have financial woes ...whether he is charged or not im sure the family of ward goin to sue tony for a wrongful death suit.....which tony will not win ....he more than likely will settle for millions outside of court ...bank on that for sure

ive been looking hard at the video and i just don't see them touching, like i said ward got into the loose dirt at the top. if you know anything about those dirt tracks you know that the dirt piles up there and gets real soft and when the right side tires get caught up in there it grabs it hard and slows it down.(don't know about you guys, but just because the media says something doesn't make it true) and as for just staying at the bottom of the track, again this isn't nascar on a hard track,  he was doing the slid thing to pass ward,  did steward pinch him a bit, maybe a bit. but steward was the faster car by far.don't know if ward was getting lapped,  and if so should of held up to let the faster cars pass, instead of trying to hang with him, again..... that's racing.

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Damn I wish I could find a video.

I have see Tony jump out of his car a few times ready to kill the driver that spun him out.

If only someone would have run over him, we would not be having this conversation. 

Did anyone watch the kid get run over?

http://www.xtremeidiots.com/topic/47357-the-end-of-tonys-stewarts-career/page-2#entry505101

Damn I wish I could find a video.

I have see Tony jump out of his car a few times ready to kill the driver that spun him out.

If only someone would have run over him, we would not be having this conversation. 

Did anyone watch the kid get run over?

http://www.xtremeidiots.com/topic/47357-the-end-of-tonys-stewarts-career/page-2#entry505101

getting out of the car happens too much, and from what they say this was the 1st time a death happened because of it.(at least in the pros) but we all know that no one will do anything about it til it's too late. nascar and other top racing seriers loves the drama and the TV ratings that go with it.  like i said before that when i racing thing and if you got out of your car on the track you where done racing at that track and with the racing club you where in! only thing that should be happening on the track is racing, everything else happens off the track! but as usual in the pros they let those things go cause it brings ratings and cash!

Yea the first time... I agree.... becasue Tony ran over the 17 year old.

Now we have our first.

• Member ID:  20902
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1279
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  9614
  • Birthday:  12/02/1982

they are trained to stay in their cars and wait for the crew to clear the track if their is a accident. he should not even have gotten out of his car.

This is not NASCAR where they are trained to do certain things. And if so.. trained Tony skipped all them classes as he drove real close to the crash.

The kid was 17 years old. I seen 40+'er olds act way worse.

OH shit... Tony is one of them.

Manslaughter

• Member ID:  1130
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

hxtr you need to learn how to read. The kid was 20 yrs old and you also need to learn more about racing before running your mouth.

This is not NASCAR where they are trained to do certain things. And if so.. trained Tony skipped all them classes as he drove real close to the crash.

The kid was 17 years old. I seen 40+'er olds act way worse.

Wald was 20 years olds btw

• Member ID:  1130
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

Here is another post from the news that might help some people understand...

This was posted by one of the people who works on the car in front of Tony Stewart in the video. Definitely worth reading in my opinion. 
From Mark Tychoniewicz 
"i have driven these cars,the right side board on the top wing will block out an entire car let alone a person standing there,i now work on the 45 car in the video and the driver said he just saw at the last second and just missed him,Tony had even less time to react to the situation.people in the stands or watching this video have no idea how fast these thing happen and how limited our view is inside the car.it was a very bad turn of events that happened but we all know the dangers involved in the sport we love."

Also for those that don't know, sprint cars on dirt are driven by the throttle rather than the steering wheel in some cases hence the reason you hear Tony's car throttling up. Just for the record I am not a Stewart fan but he was not at fault.

• Member ID:  800
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  152
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6950
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Achievement Points:  58276
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  05/29/1957

# 1 rule when racing, when envolved in a crash REMAIN in your car unless on FIRE !

• Member ID:  691
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2273
  • Birthday:  02/27/1953

First off , its racing , i  have work motorcycle road race and corner worker ,we are the people that help the rider and pick up the bike, Noumber one rule , stay off the track with trafic, if cought on track with on coming trafic  stand still they will miss you ,,, now the 20  year old driver not only  walks on the track but runs down to the high center of the track , and is moving , ,,, hxtr  get your facts stright ,  every one that works or is a racer fill out a waver , RACING IS DANGES   People DIE Racing , I have work a race where the rider got killed ,I have seen drivers that are real mad , they didn't run on the track ,into trafic ,,,, its  sad thing but its life ,,,,, :cry:  :zorro:  :stuart: 

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1074
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8438
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74947
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

It is quite a shame and this kid was only 20.  Must have been quite talented to be driving with some of the best.  I will say, agree or not, that I think that the attach on Stewart is only because of his known temper flares, he can be an ass and is not overly liked but if it were any other driver, it would be chalked up to a tragic accident avoidable if Ward stayed in his car until it was safe.  Even under caution, cars are still moving and body against car is no match.  And if the statement made in the post by Wolf above is accurate, that that side of the car is quite blinded to the driver, then that is what this may come down to, a tragic accident, nothing more.  But Tony will still have to live with it as anyone would regardless of the circumstances.

Ward should have stayed in his car and taken his dispute up with Tony off track.  And he probably knew that but at that moment, that was probably the last thing on his mind at that moment...

Just tragic...  Condolences to his family and friends.

• Member ID:  809
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

both of our local tracks  (one of which is co owned by dale jr and stewart) implemented  lifetime ban if a driver gets out of their car and stays on the track, unless there is an immediate emergency which would require that driver to get out of the car.  that went into effect monday.  drivers have been saying for years that someone is gonna get killed if they dont put a stop to it.  every week at thousands of tracks the same scenerio plays out. a driver gets mad and charges on foot the car that wrecked em.  should have been rule put in place years ago.  seem many many near hits

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

What I don't get is why the kid was so pissed off in the first place. He was passing Tony on the outside, and if anything his actions caused the crash not Stewarts. Tony was making the turn and didn't move in front of the kid at all. You can't really see their wheels meet, and it looks like the kids front wheel got into the soft dirt on the top of the curve and it spun him around.

I think the kid was just trying to act tough for the crowd and it ended up costing him his life. He was 20 and may have been a professional driver, but he still had a kids mentality and wanted to show off.

• 3 weeks later...

there was no cheating, if you know racing you would know that that happens all the time and steward did nothing wrong while racing in that race, . that's racing!!!   the only thing that was wrong was getting out of the car and walking out on the track.

He did too cheat.. he ran over the other driver. :)

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

Tony will race at Atlanta Sunday night. Sorry for the USA Today link but they are the first to report...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/08/28/tony-stewart-will-race-atlanta-motor-speedway-kevin-ward-jr/14676639/

JN

I wonder who he will run over this time?

• Member ID:  4888
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  2020
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  26312
  • Birthday:  08/29/1962

It's been stated over and over what a tragedy this accident was. Tony Stewart is not the monster that he's being made out to be. Were there some bad choices made by both parties . .yes there was.

The accident that created the situation was just racing pure and simple and is very much a part of dirt track racing . . true Tony Stewart is a veteran driver and Kevin Ward although young is a veteran driver as well having been driving since a very young age.

After watching the video in a very slowed down format you can see Kevin Ward grab the front wing of Tony Stewart's car then the back  of the wing and as he grabs the wing you can see that it has an effect on the car as if he was trying shake the car at that point he gets pulled under the tire and tossed to the side of the track.

Whether or not Tony Stewart revs his engine at the moment  Kevin Ward grabs the wing is inconclusive since the camera is positioned on the near side of the track the revving sound heard would more likely be a car on the near side of the track based on the sound level of the revving engine.

For anyone to make the assumption that Tony Stewart was trying to run him over is completely untrue and without merit.

Did he drive by closer than good judgement would suggest . . . perhaps but looking at the amount of track left after Kevin Ward walks down to what appears to be 1 car width  of track he leaves Tony Stewart with very little room to go by.

If the car that hit Kevin Ward was driven by an unknown unprofessional driver we probably wouldn't hear much about it except for the night it happened and the next day news, the driver would be cleared because Kevin Ward was the major contributor to the accident by walking into traffic and grabbing the wing of the car.

If you look at the accident without names and just the video you see a driver get out of his car and walks thru traffic and makes contact with a car that leads to him being hit by the rear wheel and killed then its just another bad accident at a small town dirt track.

Right or wrong that's how I see it