Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Member Spotlight -E-raser >XI< COD 5 ADMIN

BlackRose

• Member ID:  2208
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  305
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3619
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37738
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963
  • Device:  Windows

Let start with your clan name? E-raser

Do you have any nicknames? Personal or in game?  'E'

When and where were you born?  Northern Michigan Jan 1954

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? No idea, living day-to-day

Where have you lived? Northern Michigan / South East Michigan

What got you into gaming? Video Arcades

Your first game you played? On the PC, Duke Nukem

And what do you play now? Mostly COD5 WAW FT (XI servers) / Oculus VR WW1 air combat

Why did you join XI? Met some great people while playing COD, so wanted to be a part of the community

What do you get from being in this clan? Meeting some great people from around the world , daily socializing

What is your favorite hobby? I have many off and on.. just now getting in photography

What is your favorite travel destination? Grand Cayman, but haven't been back there in a long time

Are you married? Yes    

Do you have children? Yes, a son and daughter - both of them married and moved out.

What kind of pets do you have, if any? What are their names?  Used to have a cat (since passed) but now only some fish(guppies).

Are you a sports fan? If so, what is your favorite team? No not really into sports.

What causes are you passionate about? People taking responsibility for their actions.

Do you volunteer? If so, where? No

What is an interesting fact about you? None that I'm aware of.

Have you continued your education past college or university with career development seminars or classes? What kind? I'm a lot into self learning.  While many people took up golf and hitting the bars , I actually enjoy reading tech books and 'how to books' (not much of a social life ??  Having an electrical background in vocational high school, I taught myself computer programming starting with machine language.  Then 'C' ... this progressed later into my work career.

Did you know what profession you wanted to work in when you started college? No idea, Was getting married and only knew I needed a job. Only had about 4-months of college(dropped out for job) then found a job in the Airline Ground handling sector, which turned into a career 43-years

Did you belong to any professional organizations? A couple unions through work.

What is your current job title? Retired

Did you win any awards or recognitions during your education? Runner up in Michigans 1972 State Electronics Design competition (4th place).

Where do you work? Retired now since 31DEC2016 - before that North Central Airlines / Republic Airlines / Northwest Airlines and finally Delta Airlines..  Actually 'same-airline' just through multiple mergers.

What other job titles have you had in your career? Grocery Store bagger / shelf stocking / resort dish washer

Where else have you worked? Local small grocery store / Local resort

Why did you choose to work in your industry? Airlines, just needed a job - ended up loving it.

Why do you like your job? My job 'retired' .. love not having daily must do work routines / no time management

How would you describe your career? 'my life' , good parts and bad.

What are some accomplishments you've achieved during your career? Started with the airline basics.. loading unloading planes/jets - working weight and balance - worked air freight handling / tariffs , billing.  Worked in employee scheduling and administration.  Used my computer programming skills to stream line some of our work processes.. this let to a position working with I.T. and mainframe programming.

Describe a time that your career was rewarding. Others that recognized my value and appreciated my input / work.

If you could give a younger person career advice, what would it be? Unknown to me at the time, in high school we had to take a semester of typing. I was pretty good at it because my penmanship is horrendous.  My typing skills then came to play at work when our weight and balance computerized.  Other employees struggled with the 'hunt-n-pick' typing method.

What is your favorite thing about your career or industry? Discounted travel , however others don't realize that it has challenges as well.  Your not guaranteed getting a seat.  This can be a process when trying to book hotels and car rentals - especially those with no refunds.  Many times your left behind at the airport.

What is a valuable lesson you learned in your career? This may sound racist, however growing up in Northern Michigan, I think there was only one black family.  All my folks knew was what they read in the newspapers about the Detroit Riots in the 60's, so I feel their understanding was tainted.  When they knew I was moving to the Detroit area for work they instilled in me a fear about the area and people.  Actually when I started working at the Airport I learned really quick there are good and bad in all of our different groups.  I worked with the Black, Asian, Arab, Latino people.  I made some great friends in all of the groups.
    I also became more sensitive to their particular backgrounds and history. We all have the same fears and wants out of life and family.

What do you hope to accomplish in your career? I'm retired... I hope I left the place in better shape than when I started.

Are you involved in any professional/ non-profit/sports organizations? If so, do you have a title or rank within these organizations? none

What is your favorite sport? none

Do you play any sports? no

If you were granted 1 wish, what would you wish for? To start life over again, knowing the lessons I've now already learned along the way.

If you won a very large amount of money what would you do? Probably do more traveling and give a bunch away.

Quote: Listen to the quiet people, they are the ones with something to say....

eraser.jpg

eraser2.jpg

eraser3.jpg

eraser4.jpg

eraser5.jpg

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8265
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53619
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17078
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Achievement Points:  148515
  • Days Won:  677
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

• Member ID:  27768
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  939
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  7770
  • Days Won:  1

Really nice read E, loved the pics.

• Member ID:  23233
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2426
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  19151
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/11/1963

Nice pics E really shows that you are now a retiree!!!

• Member ID:  22534
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1061
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/17/1953

Hey Key you mean the pic with the good looking guy in front of the RV with the BEER!

• Member ID:  27522
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1914
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  13391
  • Days Won:  11
  • Birthday:  07/22/1951

Thanks for sharing Eraser!

Awards

• Member ID:  23616
  • Group:  + COD5 Moderator
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  799
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  6903
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  12/03/1965

thank you E,

but what was your project at the  Michigans 1972 State Electronics Design competition ?

• Member ID:  23622
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5689
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  01/01/1954

Ultrasonic cleaner… including the theory behind it’s operation.  

• Member ID:  25950
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1620
  • Days Won:  0

Living the good life!!!