Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Spawn Killing

Tao Warrior

• Member ID:  177
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10581
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/08/1961
  • Device:  iPhone

I am sorry, I opened my eleventeenth Molson XXX and totally forgot what this thread was aboutTongue out

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  1642
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  900
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6952
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1958

I have been playing in cod4 ace mod a bit lately, and there is a lot of spawn killing and I dont mean when you are running around and just as they spawn and when I do I will say sorry, but thats me, I dont like to spawn kill. I am talking about the camping spawn killers, one of them was a guy named cholulo or somethin like, it ment fart in spanish. on one map he spawn camped over 5 times, 3 times at the same spawn point, he will hide in the bushes or or at a perfict angle to spawn kill. I told him a couple of times to stop but he didnt. He likes to brag how great he is so I told him the only thing he is great at is a spawn killing camper. I hate to say it but there were a few XI players that did it a lot also. 2 of them just got there tags a few weeks ago. personaly I think spawn killing campers should be kicked and if they dont stop purma ban the fuckers. I just started playing ace mod and freeze tag and the spawn killing is a joke, by camping that is. I totally agree with Tao Warrior it makes us look bad. And the cholulo guy when i am in there with him he always is a spawn killing camping asshole. I dont know these map yet so I dont know how to get back there and kill them. It really dose fuck the game up with all the spawn camping.

Watch this cholulo fart guy.

for what it worth.          Sabreeyes

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Please remember spawn camping is ok in freeze tag (for any new players who may be reading this) we have a 6 second invisible spawn protection in ftag unless you try to use your weapon, it should let you get far enough away from your spawn before you become visible.Smile

• Member ID:  86
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  223
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1824
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  13395
  • Birthday:  06/29/1967

Just what I was going to talk about SOB.  We can not enoforce spawn camping because it is how you control and win the freeze tag servers.  Push them to their spawn  and kill em before the defrost others.  So we can not write a rule on this or we would have to close the freeze tag servers.  You can only enforce it to a limited degree in the ace mod.  This is why.  Just like sabreeyes. You have those players who run and gun and when they cut a corner and you standing there.  They don't know if you just spawned or not.  Me personally.  For the actaul spawn camper. I get better satisfaction getting back to where they are and killing them and then laugh at them.  Like Budsr amd others.  It is just a game.  If you get agrevated with it.  Get a admin or just deal with it.   

• Member ID:  1012
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  935
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5547
  • Birthday:  11/23/1987

i like spawn campers because its a bit tricky to get to the next hide, and if u made it out of spawn u can shoot them muuuhahahahaLaughing.

its not a challange when everyone consider everyone, for me it would be boring if nobody camps in spawn.

Awards

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

its all abut perspective. I used to play on a ffa server that was strictly  killhouse and held about 50 people...and it was usually full...no spawn protection.....full use of martyrdom...you wanna talk about frustrating, but i loved it at the time. If you could survive long enough to get to a spawn killing point, then you were cooking. That was the nature of that server and eveyone knew the map real well (of course). I havent played the acemod lately, but i know that if someone is spawn killing, revenge kill em if you can find them.Go to spectate and locate their ass! Usually there is some hot shit player on the server who knows the map well enough to find these assholes...just post their location and let em do their thing and smoke these fools...problem solved. A s far as the acemod is concerned, if you cant survive with 3 to 5 seconds spawn protection on the run at full sprint then you have a problem or the spawn killer is using an aimbot.

• Member ID:  1818
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  61
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Content Count:  1041
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  14304
  • Birthday:  06/12/1975

i myself would like to see the spawn killing gone.... poop and a few others camp near the spawn spots and kill those who are spawning... not everyone has great connection, pings and pc....

so im pro for this to stop and give everyone real fun and fair gaming.

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

I stopped playin ace mod because of the people spawn camping....not just running by and shooting.  Thats not the problem..its people sitting right where u are known to spawn and pickin u off.  It totally ruins the fun.

• Member ID:  2048
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

Angel
I stopped playin ace mod because of the people spawn camping....not just running by and shooting.  Thats not the problem..its people sitting right where u are known to spawn and pickin u off.  It totally ruins the fun.

same here.

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.82
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968

LilAcorn

i myself would like to see the spawn killing gone.... poop and a few others camp near the spawn spots and kill those who are spawning... not everyone has great connection, pings and pc....

so im pro for this to stop and give everyone real fun and fair gaming.

Just to clarify, I have noticed two players with the name poop in our ACE server. One, named PooP, has been around for ages and is the exact opposite of a spawn camper. I have never seen him be still before. The other is poop, a completely different dude. Perhaps this is the one acorn is talking about, I couldn't say. 

really hard to say i never knew there was 2....

• Member ID:  260
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  602
  • Birthday:  06/09/1979

THEY ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND AND HIT A SPAWN BUT THE ONES THAT CAMP THEM. MEANING RUNN IN TO THE OPPISITE CORNER AND SHOOT BACK INTO SPAWN.  THIS HAPPENS ON EVERY XI SERVER I PLAY IN COD2, COD4, AND BO'S EVEN BY ADMIN YES ITS TRUE. ONE OF WHICH I NOTICED JUST BECAME A HEAD ADMIN. THE ACE MOD WAS NEVER LIKE THIS UNTIL XI STARTED UP THE FREEZE TAG SERVERS, WHICH THAT MOD PROMOTES SPAWN KILLING ITS HOW EVERY MATCH IN THERE IS WON IN THE END.  NOW THAT STYLE HAS SPILLED INTO THE OTHER SERVERS.  I DONT PLAY FREEZE CAUSE I CANT SIT AND CAMP I HAVE TO RUN LOL!!!   ACE MOD WAS THE LAST COD4 SERVER I LIKED TO PLAY ON BUT I WONT EVEN GO IN THERE NOW JUST A WASTE NO FUN ANYMORE DODGING SPAWN CAMPERS!!!!  I HAVE TO CALL BS ON THE RESPECTABLE PLAYERS NOT DOING IT CAUSE THEY DO IT THE MOST. THATS WHAT BOTHERED ME MORE THAN ANYTHING WAS SOME OF THE MOST SKILLED PLAYERS IN THERE WHERE NOW ALSO THE CHEAPEST SPAWN KILLERS OF THEM ALL.

• Member ID:  62
  • Followers:  73
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4124
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  27905
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  06/16/1972

COD2???? Haven't seen you there before?

• Member ID:  26
  • Followers:  50
  • Content Count:  1545
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Achievement Points:  10604
  • Birthday:  01/18/1979

Well Ringcutter the way I see it why are you still XI if you dont want to go into any of our servers if our servers are that bad. I damn sure bet you are playing on DS servers but then you want to come in here and knock our servers like I said if you dont like it here and it is so bad that you dont want to come into our servers then dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

• Member ID:  222
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968

cspears>XI<
Well Ringcutter the way I see it why are you still XI if you dont want to go into any of our servers if our servers are that bad. I damn sure bet you are playing on DS servers but then you want to come in here and knock our servers like I said if you dont like it here and it is so bad that you dont want to come into our servers then dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Damn, sounds like Ringcutter pissed off lil' ol' Spears!  However, I have to agree with everything she said.  If you don't like it, then why are you still here? 

Rugger made a change to the Ace Mod server to help fix the spawn killing.  Have you played it since he changed the spawn times?  Give it a shot.  We are trying to make it where you can't just camp the spawn and get kills.

He pissed me off when he wants to come in here and knock our servers yes that pisses me off totally. We have the NUMBER 1 servers and then someone who is wearing our tags comes in saying that they dont like any of our servers and will not go on any of them anymore then why in the hell are you still wearing our tags.

• Member ID:  1395
  • Followers:  76
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1600
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  10623
  • Birthday:  03/04/1964

cspears>XI<

well said Spears

• Member ID:  260
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  602
  • Birthday:  06/09/1979

I wasn't knocking the servers or the setting on the servers. I was commenting on the players and the style of play in there. As for DS do they even have any servers ???? If they do I'm sure they are empty, but no I did not play there either because the king of campin Bohica played there and he was cheap as fuck getting kills and spawn camping even with 3 ppl in a server.  As for why I'm not around cod4 is I moved on to bfbc2 and black ops.   I play at all kinds of servers but mainly now doing 24/7 nuketown HQ servers to rank up faster . That being said I cant play at OUR servers because they are all HC and that mode of play with no map and 1 bullet kills also breeds camping. I am a run and gunner that plays these game with some dignity and refuse to camp like a little girl in the corner, i guess I just expect to much of ppl to ask the have some self respect. Unless your disabled, one handed, etc you should be running around. Yes, I understand holding a piece of ground and owning it thats not bad but spawn killing is just dumb same thing as having an aimbot IMO.  Spears your not the first admin here that wanted me gone for no legit reason!!!

Just so you know Christie you werent the admin I refered to in my earlier post, maybe thats why you got all pissy, If you want to know who i was referencing just ask.

I didnt say I wanted you gone for no legit reason I said if you felt that way about our servers and you dont even play on them anymore then yes you dont need to be wearing our tags. I didnt think you were talking about me so no that is not the reason I got so pissy I got pissy because I am tired of people knocking our servers. So if you want to tell me who the admin was you can send me a pm and we will talk.

• Member ID:  222
  • Followers:  88
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Content Count:  3846
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  25628
  • Birthday:  02/05/1968

Ok, we are trying to fix the spawn killing issue.  Let's not get this thread off track.  There is also another thread to discuss the changes to the spawn times, etc.  Rugger is doing a great job of making changes and trying to make people happy.  Go in an try out the Ace mod server with the new changes and then post your thoughts in the OTHER POST.  I think this post is toast......it has outlived it's usefulness.  My $.02

• Member ID:  1820
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  220
  • Birthday:  06/05/1984

Pigdog, I posted this to get it out there that this is going on. I thank all of you for making changes. I honestly didn't think I was going to get this big of a response. I knew people were going to disagree with me and that's ok. once again thank you for the changes.

Repectfully,

<OTR>Tao Warrior

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14890
  • Content Per Day:  2.76
  • Achievement Points:  91117
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970

The reality is it's part of the game. Its not the most desirable aspect but as stated before it's a reality that we can try to fix to a point. When u have spawn points you will have players looking for a easy kill. As admins we do our best to make our servers enjoyable for all players but policing spawn killing is a very grey area. Kicking one player for suspected spawn killing and not another just opens up a pandora box that is just to difficult to manage. Ruggers idea helps but it's still going to be an issue. I'm sorry as far as I'm concerned there isnt a quick or easy fix to this.

• Member ID:  632
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  1762
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  18213
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  07/30/1977

PimpedOutPete
The reality is it's part of the game. Its not the most desirable aspect but as stated before it's a reality that we can try to fix to a point. When u have spawn points you will have players looking for a easy kill. As admins we do our best to make our servers enjoyable for all players but policing spawn killing is a very grey area. Kicking one player for suspected spawn killing and not another just opens up a pandora box that is just to difficult to manage. Ruggers idea helps but it's still going to be an issue. I'm sorry as far as I'm concerned there isnt a quick or easy fix to this.

well said,

Tao, at least some of the non XI clan members spoken out to state how the feel about the situation and us those who do care about the server, fun, clan families and visitors will do something about it to help keep that little voice going and to grow louder. :)

and Kudos to pimped's statement true that things always are in a tweek to get it just right but can never truely be 100% but better than nothing since there will always be something else to try to prevent, but like a yard, a weed pops up and you kill that one then few more pops up... eventually you will have a yard free from weeds trying to take over your yard. :)

Keep up the good work rugger!

• Member ID:  582
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  361
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3272
  • Birthday:  11/22/1956