Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

wtf

BIGJERK

• Member ID:  772
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1309
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1973

why is it lately we are getting new ppl doing spawn killing it is getting out of hand we need more admins in to kick ppl that are doing it every time they play so i think more admins are needed in cod4 ace mod

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14888
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Achievement Points:  91105
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  iPhone

Thx Jerk, the COD4 admin team will address this.. Sit tight.

• Member ID:  632
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1762
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  18213
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  07/30/1977

we can't kick ass and take names,but if you take names then we can kick ass. just take down some names and post them and we'll catch them.

• Member ID:  2567
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  17118
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986
  • Device:  Windows

BIGJERK - wtf
why is it lately we are getting new ppl doing spawn killing it is getting out of hand we need more admins in to kick ppl that are doing it every time they play so i think more admins are needed in cod4 ace mod

+1 Bigjerk. I gave it up the ace mod for a little moment, no real fun on the server Frown

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

There is enough admins we can't always be around, we have addressed this before, if we put another 20 admins out there people would still come on here and say there was no admins, we can't win, we don't just have admins on the Ace mod alone, try adding all cod4 admins on xfire and then use it, many people never have their xfires on, we don't have to sit in the server all day to help....also i thought there was spawn protection in Ace Mod anyway?Frown

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6529
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63453
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

peeps this problem will never completely go away as long as peeps stay in a spawn area where ftthey spawn. i see this everytime i have the unique priviledge of playing at all! if each of you want to eally illiminate this problem as much as posible the why the hell do you stay in the spawn point for? i know there ar thise that do his but jif we complain loudly on the server when they do itand enough peeps tell them to move or else they will move or else! i still wonder why peeps comes on the ace mod to squat and take a dump in some fricking corner, but its their choice. oh SOB some peeps cant play with xfire on cause itv causes probs for them so that why many dont turn it on in game! peeps police your selfs and make the retard that pulls this shit feel its not ok o do ita LOUDLY!!!

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

if u think spawn killing that bad in the ace mod play freeze tag where it is allowed lol good luck

• Member ID:  2567
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  2904
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  17118
  • Birthday:  12/11/1986

CobraBites
if u think spawn killing that bad in the ace mod play freeze tag where it is allowed lol good luck

There is no spawn killing in FT cause u're invisible 6sec... ^^

But in Acemod, the spawn protection isn't invisibility but invincibility. So each time you spawn, someone shoot you until the spawn protection disappears. And obviously, the first reflex is to shoot the guy but if you shoot the spawn protection early disappears. Therefore it's a little bit crazy to play cause you don't really play, you just avoid to be killed at spawn again and again, it's what i saw anyway. Have fun :)

• Member ID:  189
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1388
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  7432
  • Birthday:  02/01/1978

lol really want to get uhm turn speed down in acemod so u have time to spawn and run

its meant to be a fast past game so it happens run die shut up

and fuck admins let them look at there hlsw

Dean come on man, they don't actually have to have it on, if there is a problem how long will it take to leave the server turn xfire on then get hold of an admin, about 30 seconds i would say, the problem is lots of people don't have the admins on xfire, it's just laziness, i am sick of hearing there is no admins about we have 27 cod4 admins and also 7 Senior admins that can also sort the problem, a total of 34 admins available, please don't tell me that none of them have their xfires on i'm not having it.Frown

• Member ID:  138
  • Followers:  63
  • Topic Count:  474
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4470
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  30749
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  07/01/1974
  • Device:  Android

use the friggin spawn time dont shoot look @ um and knife the fukas simples

• Member ID:  2491
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  354
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2140
  • Birthday:  04/20/1961

i am not a clan member [ thats your hint admin lol]but i spend a lot of time on ace mod[watching and playing], but not so much in the last few weeks,

i can assure you that to the best of my knowledge there are guys on there who are spawn killing and gliching and who have been reported, and who are still there, the same names come up time after time.you hear the same names while playing all the time,

x fire is all well and good, but i cannot have x fire running while playing as my cod 4 is on a different drive and for some reason x fire cannot locate it, the only way i can contact a grown up is to come out of the game and leave a message on this site, by that time the game is over,

ricko you kicked a guy for hacking on one of the maps the other night, the next night he was back on again, its getting to a stage were some guys will not play while some others are on,[the doubt is always there]i saw a guy on one of the maps ,well outside the area when i asked him about it i was told that if he could get there it was not a glitch,

the worst part by far now, is the revenge spawn killing its constant,

all of this is not a whinge, it sad to say, a fact of life on ace mod now, and the very worst part? ITS OUR OWN FAULT if we had banned camping [says me a arch camper lol]then this would not/could not happen as much, this is not a knock at the admin  this is what is happening night after night and its not just new guys that are doing it,

if you asked any of the regular players on ace mod [clan or not]for a list of names, as to who is doing it the same names will turn up, all you hear are guys shouting at someone for spawnkilling or glitching its plain nasty now,the fun is starting to go

the answer is easy [and now impossible] ban camping,or change it to the same as waw where you are invisable for a period of time ifi understand the concept right, doing that should not affect the speed of the mod at all?

• Member ID:  750
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2815
  • Birthday:  02/25/1957

I have given up on the ACE mod for this very reason.  It is a totally different server now from what it was just a year ago.  Too bad.  It would be the best server out there bar none if not for the excessive camping (both spawn and conventional).  I don't know what happened but it spiraled out of control quickly early in the year in my opinion. I am biased though as I am an old school run-&-gunner.

Chris how the hell did you get xfire on a different drive to your game?, the thing is xfire is a requirement of membership here, i know some people have problems running the game and having xfire on....it seems none the admins  have that problem though as we need to have ours on all the time we are playing, as i said i think with most people it's laziness, i bet there are lots of members who don't have admin xfires at all, but as i said previously even with xfire off it will take only 30 seconds to get out of game switch xfire on and contact an admin, that is of course if you have our xfires, all admin xfires are listed next to our names in the clan list on the forum.....Ricko only kicked someone for hacking..no way m8 if he was hacking Ricko would have banned himSmile Also as Exe said the spawn protection is invincibility (i did not know that, i alsodon't know how long that lasts) unless you try to shoot back, if you shoot back then the spawn protection ends, the Ace mod is so fast surely you have time to get away from spawn, so only shoot back if you want but don't moan if you get shot in your spawn first.Smile

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7653
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Achievement Points:  53668
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

I continually hear players cmplaining of spawn camping in Ace Mod but most of it in my experience is temporary or unintentional. What irks me more are players who continually whine about it in game - kill them once right out of spawn and they've got to bitch about it.

COD4 Ace mod is cranked to high speed and because of that, particularly if you're running through the maps, you often come upon folks just spawning. When you do, you shoot them. What's the alternative?

Then too, all of us camp on occasion, and sometimes we camp at or near spawn points. I've done it many times in new maps and when I find it's a spawn point, I move. Some take their time moving.

Thing is, there always will be spawn camping to an extent, and there's little to be done about it unless the player does nothing else, and is someone who ALWAYS camps right at spawn points. In time, we'll ban that player - XI member or not.

If your objective is to win every map, or you don't like getting shot right out of spawn, you're playing the wrong game in Ace Mod. Head over to COD2DM or WAWDM.

As ad admin I'm after cheaters and persistent spawn campers and frankly, I'm not as concerned about the occasional spawn camper. Unless the guy's ALWAYS spawn camping, don't bother me about it. You'll enjoy the game a lot more if you don't bother everyone else in game complaining about it.

Sonovabich
Chris how the hell did you get xfire on a different drive to your game?, the thing is xfire is a requirement of membership here, i know some people have problems running the game and having xfire on....it seems none the admins  have that problem though as we need to have ours on all the time we are playing, as i said i think with most people it's laziness, i bet there are lots of members who don't have admin xfires at all, but as i said previously even with xfire off it will take only 30 seconds to get out of game switch xfire on and contact an admin, that is of course if you have our xfires, all admin xfires are listed next to our names in the clan list on the forum.....Ricko only kicked someone for hacking..no way m8 if he was hacking Ricko would have banned himSmile Also as Exe said the spawn protection is invincibility (i did not know that, i alsodon't know how long that lasts) unless you try to shoot back, if you shoot back then the spawn protection ends, the Ace mod is so fast surely you have time to get away from spawn, so only shoot back if you want but don't moan if you get shot in your spawn first.Smile

i have x fire fitted on my main drive and cod 4 fitted on a drive by itself [ a raptor 10000 rpm job]now x fire can find my waw because its installed on my ced drive [the same drive as x fire now  before i installed waw x fire was telling me, i had no games installed] as for ricko he removed a guy for sure [he had an auto pistol etc i think its on x fire] and last night the guy was on again only for one game but there all the same,i even posted a thank you post for doing it

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

A lot of my time is spent spectating peeps accused of camping lately. Some of it has to do with small maps. Small maps make it almost IMPOSSIBLE for someone to get accused of camping. Hell, I screamed at Larsin a while back about shooting me in spawn.. but the poor guy had just run around a corner.. saw me.. and started shooting. He wasn't spawn camping, but got 'accused' of it. It's easy to draw that quick conclusion ON SMALL MAPS.

I know what you will say next, 'I'm not talking about that kinda thing.. I'm talking about consistently and repeatedly shooting me in a spawn'. Well, I hear ya.. and all I can say is.. We do the best we can to police it. BUT, ACE's gameplay can be an easy environment for that type of thing. Regardless of 'campers', the same peeps can consistently come out in the top 3 or so on every map.. THAT tells me that campers are not having a significant effect on overall gameplay. Sure, it's aggravating.. but it doesn't routinely affect the overall outcome of the match.

The COD4 admins will continue to try to weed these bastards out, but PLEASE realize we cannot be in the servers 24-7. It just won't happen. If we had 50 COD4 admin, there would be times when one isn't in there. Even when we are, we don't kick people just because regulars say 'He's spawn camping'. We have to watch and see. I spent some time last night spectating two peeps that BigJerk called out. I saw one of them shoot someone who just spawned ONCE. Hell, I shoot more spawners than that. I'm not saying BigJerk was wrong.. I'm not saying the were not spawn camping before I started watching them.. but you know that we have to see it take place to act on it. If we just start kicking/banning people based on someone else's say.. pretty soon YOU will be the one that gets kicked/banned. We do not want that.

Lighten up, deal with the occasional spawn kill. When there is a real issue, it will be dealt with. Have fun.. and lastly.. if you just can't deal with it anymore because you are too frustrated.. go check out K3 or a silly FT server.Laughing 

• Member ID:  467
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  59
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1721
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Achievement Points:  10631
  • Birthday:  09/11/1968
  • Device:  Macintosh

Online-Gaming-camper.jpg

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11880
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106471
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

If you see someone actually spawn camping which to me means that a guy is sitting in front or behind a spawn and not moving and just shooting you as you spawn. Then let us know and we will kick the fucker to the moon.

Now if a guy is just running by and shoots you I am sure he is thinking this. I know there is a spawn point there, so when I run by I am gonna check it out for an enemy and if there is one there I can either not shoot him and be shot by him or I can shoot him and move on.

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6529
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63453
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

sob im just saying if its inconvenient to do peeps wont do it so you can say you wont have it all gyou want or call it lazines nd it doesnt change the facts peeps wont leave game and start xfire they will simply leave and may not return! im just saying......! 

and bama i agree with what you said but it seems like here we are once again discussing this subject in the ace mod. 

• Member ID:  2264
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3997
  • Birthday:  05/03/1979

glad i dont play in ace mod......sounds like its all fucked up over there.....

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7653
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Achievement Points:  53668
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

dayton

No, it isn't.

Ace Mod is a hoot. It's wild, fast and furious and we have a hell of a lot of fun there with a great bunch of regulars. Come on in and give it a try.

Dean i was'nt having a go at you m8 i was just stating a fact and you actually backed that up, i said laziness you said people would not leave to get hold of an admin if they found it inconvenient (same thing to me) whats more inconvenient taking 30 seconds to get hold of an admin or playing for hours moaning all the time about spawn campers.Smile

dayton

god no far from it ,its the best mod out there,with some really decent people on it, but there are 3/4 people who are fucking it up now,

there are guys who for what ever reason, have other guys convinced that they are hackin/glitching or spawnkilling, make us invisble for 5 seconds after spawning that should help[if you cannot be seen you cannot be spawn killed]

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11880
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106471
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

The mod is setup with a 4 sec spawn protection, as long as you dont fire or aim with your gun you should be under protection for 4 secs