Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Carepackage Thieves

CobraBites

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.06
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Most streak weapons have counter measures of some kind. A couple dont. The RC has been discussed to death already. As for care packages, the team logo on the sides is all you need to know whether or not it is friendly and such mistakes should not happen.

Bad admins is an old issue and not a reason for removing tools from all of them. IW did that, Trey is doing it with BO2, and look where we are in the series. Back when BO came out I had to laugh at all the console/mw2 matchmaking crybabies who now had to behave themselves or they would be kicked. Often they admit that yes they broke a rule but their defense is that it shouldnt be a rule in the first place. Or that there shouldnt be any rules at all. Boo hoo. ;)

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.52
  • Content Count:  11905
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106565
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Just FYI, in order to get any of the fixes that Sammy is talking about, we have to start using the new version of the mod. There will be no little fixes for the version of the mod we use now so I hope one day people will want to change over to the newest version of the mod that has all the bug fixes we would like.

• Member ID:  459
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5416
  • Days Won:  0

isn't possible to get that new mod out on the chicago server?

i really don't know if that mod is still active...everytime i'm on that server is empty. :s

Iirc Rugger tried that on both servers and people wanted the older one back even with the bugs. But yes, that version is done.

Iirc Rugger tried that on both servers and people wanted the older one back even with the bugs. But yes, that version is done.

ok i was one of them as well, but the opinion was that we have a very good server thats is most of the time completly filled up with players. so changing that one would be crazy because no one knows the new mod yet. put it on the chicago one...people will check it out....if they like it more, the server will fill up by itself.

getting new stuff on the market including a mod is always a risk. i know that from experience as well. use to be a founder, nothing is easy to please members and players on the servers. you cant do good for everyone...you can try but it's almost impossible. and thats not meant to be in a bad way. :D

i like the mod on the beta test server... a lot! ok i whine about the car jammer but i use it as well. :D carepackage thieves...friendlies trowing gas smoke...not defrosting like it should...not giving intel...etc etc

nothing is perfect...accept me than LOL

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

Yes,Ccobra Bites. I admit that i had stole one package on 6/10/12 about 11:00am. The pacatage was a UAV Guided Missle and the owner was StAnZe ( or something like that ). He call the package in the enemy spawn point because there are like 3 left. When i join the game, the package was dropped, so i think that the package is from the opposite team. I had asked by the team speak thing and no one answer me, so I took it and after that i found out that it is stanze. I apologize a lot of time already and I promise i will not do that again.

PS: I just steal ONE care package in the whole time playing in this server. I didn't stole any one's else. TO FUNNY MAC 11 , u were in the game for 2 rounds first off , second i was telling u on voice chat not to take the package . u just didnt listen like u never do and say after u do something O i didnt know it was yours or i was not froozen when i the the game . u re the biggest bull sitter on the server act liker u did nothing wrong and lie your fuckin ass off after the fact . i have had many other players saying that u have done thew same thing and play dumb after doing it . your act is getting realy old mac11

see i can understand not paying attention and take a package in enemy spawn and it being a teammate after all..that happens wasnt ur fautlt they threw it in enemy spawn but i always myself look at icon on package to see if its ours or theirs..no biggie and yes i agree admins do need to set an example ..but it was an admin who stole my package in fisrt place..and i heard a couple other admin say they would steal it themselves that is not rt in my opinion i respect the fact that others have earnd their care packages and dont steal them unless its an enemies..oh btw sorry for taken urs the other day on that one map stang..lol but you was an enemie and ur chopper got me 4 kills lol but i generally rarely steal enemies either just the fact dont know if its a explosive dummy package lol

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

Just FYI, in order to get any of the fixes that Sammy is talking about, we have to start using the new version of the mod. There will be no little fixes for the version of the mod we use now so I hope one day people will want to change over to the newest version of the mod that has all the bug fixes we would like.

guess people just dont like fixed verstions of this lol i would play on it but no one never goes there i usually go where the flow is

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131491
  • Days Won:  116

Just change the mod over, make both servers run the same mod, we now have one server (Chicago) that is hardly getting used at all for a long time now, we get enough people in the servers to just about fill both of them, people will still play they will just have to get used to it like every other new mod we have had, will there be some whining...is the Pope Catholic?

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5109
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44817
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

I've had them stolen so many times that I don't use care packages any more.Seriously though most of the time it's the pubbers that do it.What I REALLY hate is that when you get one and they steal it,they don't even know how to use the damn thing.Like the UAV guided missile.I'm pretty good with that thing lol.

Maybe there should be a server warning stating (Care Package theft will NOT be tolerated) I think that will get the message through to people.

Both a [server] message and admin punishments should be enough. But disavowing friendlies from taking each others packages just adds limitations to their team whereas every enemy player can take it and enemy hackers can boobytrap it. The benefits outweigh having to deal with lame players.

You will be able to add custom punishment messages to the server that pop up when you blow them up so they will know why.

• 2 months later...

• Member ID:  2527
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  1945
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16150
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/27/1981

it happend to me 4 times this evening. people stealing my carepackages. and they where all XI members.

The funnys thing about it is now that they are saying **ye but listen its me or them**

thats the part of the game. if someone drops a cp it is HIS/HER cp. if the other team steals it well okay they did fight for it, but a team mate from ur own clan goes a little to far. instead of taking it, defrost ur clan member and give him the space to get it. because he's the one that shoot +4 people for it.

Edited by Dukoo

Yup part of the game. If a friendly behaves like a douche and takes packages without even asking that is another problem. Going to look into adding some bonus points to the owner if a friendly does take it. Like a team helper bonus or something like that. Say 25 points in the normal 10 point per death matches.

edit: ok ran some tests. How about this? When a friendly takes your care package you will get a 'sharing' bonus. Yes technically its not sharing. The score starts with a base of +10 points and multiplied by whatever the kill requirement would have been. So a taken UAV would give you +30 points. A B2 would be +80 and so on. And you already get the +10 for calling in the package. Could also be zero, if the server doesnt want to give bonuses.

So in the end its conceivable whoever took it will get no kills and no points. You wont get kills either of course but you are guaranteed points. Body armor and resupply are only +10 since they have no kill requirements. Good enough?

Edited by Sammy

good idea but it doesn't take away all these little kids out there that cant get 4 kills on their own and have to take your carepackage.

i do share my packages ones in a while. mostly when it's ammo/uav/cuav...sentryguns (because i cant use them).

• Member ID:  1217
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978
  • Device:  Android

@@CobraBites I think your right on ....I myself have taken one when I 1st started okaying on this server and after I found on what was going on I felt bad :(

Why cant you use a sentrygun?

because i'm using that auto defrost console thing. :/+activate

it will only drop when i die so when i get that and i know there is someone without that console change he can have it. not because i have an error or something. :D

The only thing +activate should interfere with is securing the package. But that would do it with all of them. To drop any of the turrets use the drop object key. Bind it in multiplayer options.

• Member ID:  2264
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  3997
  • Birthday:  05/03/1979

i got the best story, chili can back this up. the other day i dropped my package (lol ikr) and then got shot waiting for it in my spawn. i think the kids name was stormepic not sure could be different. so he starts defrosting me then see's my cp hit and stops defrosting and goes for it, i tell the kid "hey thats mine" "hey don't steal that its mine" (it was a airstrike) "hey dude thats my cp dont take it" nothing he turns around and finishes defrosting me. i say "dude we don't steal care packeges here" in which he reply's "i dont care" i say "what? you dont care"? he says "yeah i don't care, i'll steal your shit everytime if i want". in which CHILI reply's "what you dont care"? "YOUR GONNA CARE" WAP KICKS HIM OUT THE ROOM......MY HERO CHILI :) p.s cobra have you tried the new reroll care packages? it's the snatch and grab perk. when the cp falls and its stupid or if your feeling lucky you knife it and it changes to another. i love it, its awesome.:) i,ve gotten 3 nukes in about 2 weeks. :)