Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Overnight, some script additions MW2

Sammy

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

When the server is quieted down in the evening when nobody is here going to upload these script additions and check them out:

First fixes for jump-streak problem. YES its a problem and nobody was ever meant to do it otherwise there are potential issues that will affect stability.

Testing an offensive component to the Freezetag/EMP nade. Think of it as part of the electronics being disabled:

If the enemy is hit he cannot remote defrost until it is over. However the proximity defrost will still work normally.

The current 300 unit radius might be too much for that part however and overpowered. Will see how it goes with tests.

As before, Hardwired protects you just as it does normal EMP effects.

Will in the future do the same thing to the mine.

An interesting question. Do you save them to help defrost your team? Or do you use them to attack the enemy?

Maybe you get the 3X perk, instead of tubes, so you can do both.

Yes I have been thinking about small script additions to existing inventory items that would promote their use instead of tubes. But without crippling those that still want to use them. That is not going to happen.  But it gives them another choice that is specific to offensive freezetag abilities not just kills. Teamwork vs your own score.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5091
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44678
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Extended mag would be nice instead of 1 of the tubes? There's to darn many tubes lol

good work bud

Oh !fu @@Sammy :lol:

!fu is the universal XI greeting :rofl: :rofl:

The main reason I got rid of tubes in the AR class was so I could use the assets required by individual weapon+attachment combos for other things. For example the emp nade, smaw and the two crossbows among others. On the other hand the launcher only requires one. Tried to do some kind of extended mags but it required a bunch of scripting hacks that were never reliable.

Anyways, IMHO after checking out many maps there arent too many tubes considering its 30 players. I counted. There were more frag kills but nobody complains about grenade spam. (See the F.A.G.S. movement). Also often more car kills. Better thing is to offer good alternatives instead of tubes. Although it takes longer to reload the smaw is the most accurate and fastest projectile in the game. Even at long range. Not as fast as a rifle but close.  EMP mines are good to have as protection against cars. When one is coming throw it down at your feet. Most of the time it will kill the car before it can be triggered or explode on its own. Then pick it up again for the next time.

But in the end, even with good alternatives, if someone is a slave to tubes there is nothing that can be done about it.  Unless their masters give them permission to use something else it will always be so.

Script additions uploaded. Remember that all of your own nades affect you, just as your own flashbangs and frags always have. So your own EMP will prevent you from defrosting. So watch where you throw it.

• Member ID:  22485
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  245
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1588
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/26/1983

Ugh! I finally took off hardwired perk yesterday. I accidentally EMP'ed myself, because I am a defrosting kingpin. Couldn't use my perks for 30 seconds! That's 25% of overtime time! I'm back to hardwired. Bring on your puny emp nades mortals!

• Member ID:  2162
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5091
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44678
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Ya I hate EMPing myself to.Seemed like every other time I would use one close to me I would EMP myself and the RCXD would still blow me up.My question is that if the person operating the RCXD has Hardwired equipped does it keep the RCXD from being stunned?

Yes Hardwired applies to your car if you have it. As for EMPing yourself, it is the same as using a flashbang on yourself. For the new function we shall see the cost benefit for range and timing. Another option for this kind of thing that I had in mind was to make the range of the 'nodefrost' part the same as the 'defrost' part. So they would be in a sense two sides of the same coin.

I dont understand what you mean about not being able to use perks for 30 seconds.

• Member ID:  388
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1150
  • Birthday:  03/16/1975

He could not call in his UAV, RC, or whatever he has for his kill streaks.  That is what he is talking about Sammy.

• Member ID:  22485
  • Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  245
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  1588
  • Birthday:  06/26/1983

He could not call in his UAV, RC, or whatever he has for his kill streaks.  That is what he is talking about Sammy.

What he said. Way too long for me! I am a run and gunner, I need my perks to save me!

Ah ok killstreaks not perks. Got it. Well, the EMP nade has been around for a long time and the 'streak disable' part is a stock function of the 'official' EMP nade. Except this version only lasts 30 seconds not the full 60.

I am not sure... perhaps someone can tell me... in the stock game (BO2) how long do the effects from your own nade last? The same as enemies? Or shorter? I see some information around that it only lasts as long as the initial 'stun' effect. Which is also already included in the mod but currently shut off. Please be truthful and not try to pull a fast one on anybody. :rolleyes:

For self-inflicted EMP I tried 10-15 seconds at home instead of 30 for enemies (remember that in BO2 its 60). Might be better for fairness even tho all other nades do not reduce anything. Throw a flashbang you get the same effects of strength and duration. However the balance  is that, while shorter, flashbangs impedes your ability to fight with your player weapons unlike EMP. In BO2 its also supposed to screw with your electronic sights but game limitations prevent me from doing that. Just the visual effects and disabled HUD along with streaks.

The jump+streak fix seems to be working. For those that actually keep track of progress and read threads you know why this fix was put in place. Otherwise plz read earlier posts.

The extra spawn protection for Combat Medic didnt seem to be working. A timing issue that happens with dedicated servers but not listen servers. Should now be fixed. In this server, Combat Medic gives you 12 seconds of spawn protection instead of the normal 8.

I ask that everyone put on their best Fox News persona and give their 'fair and balanced' view of the anti-defrost part of the EMP nade. Both as the attacker and the victim. Just leave out the parts about how they are leading to the downfall of American greatness.

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

Ok so I am told half of all players consistently run around with stealth. So mines are pretty much useless.

So... going to try a small teamwork oriented addition that will nudge things in a different direction if they choose it. Nobody is forced to do anything. Currently the default Counter Measures range is pretty small. Smaller than I remembered. That will be increased a little. Stealth also currently ignores it. That also will be changed because the whole point of counter measures is to look for and defeat such things. Since hardwired and stealth on the same tier, when a stealth player triggers it there is no hardwired protection.

In big games, if a team works together, it would be useful for a couple players to lay a couple cm mines beyond the spawn area. Or maybe choke points. That will disable enemy stealth. Other players can plant mines closer to spawn where spawn rushers with disabled stealth can now be seen and killed. Means a couple players will have to spawn without explosives to lay the cm. However that makes the mines more useful for area denial.

Thoughts? Variations?

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

I wonder sometimes. :lol:

edit: Had a different idea... wont work right... scratch that. Ugh.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  20683
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3349
  • Achievement Points:  45229
  • Device:  Macintosh

I ask that everyone put on their best Fox News persona and give their 'fair and balanced' view of the anti-defrost part of the EMP nade. Both as the attacker and the victim. Just leave out the parts about how they are leading to the downfall of American greatness.

I'd be happier with a larger radius for the EMP nade, if you can kick in a slightly faster defrost time too that would be great.

Ok this is what I came up with and basic initial tests here seem to work without issue. Will try it later for a bit and see how it goes. Maybe few will bother with it considering how some people here are total slaves to their explosives masters. :lol:

As for why, I looked and looked to see what kind of counter-measures option existed for stealth. I really didnt see one. So that isnt good. Every ability needs an 'OH SHIT!' component the enemy can choose to use on you. But if nobody does, then it wont matter. Their choice to go with another option and throw in some game variety or to stick with the same-ol routine daily shit. It would mean that player wont be running around with blind grenade spam or rockets to kill you with. Nor 3X EMP.

The counter measures mine can see stealth players. Consider it as having better senors in place of explosives. If an enemy runs into one his/her stealth equipment is disabled for a short time like everything else. The enemy will be visible as normal. Since this is a non-lethal inventory item, and you only get one, any kill made later by someone else will give you an assist bonus (not sure how much yet). This is so you get some kill benefit from it. Unless people get some kind of kill points they tend to not bother.

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

@@Sammy  speaking of remote delay detonation.I notice that the c4 from last stand position now takes like 4 seconds if it works at ALL to go off ,used to set it off almost immediately ,,Please tinker with ANYTHING you want ,but, Hands OFF my bags jerk..

Can you enable  the option of throwing nade back from last stand? I get kill a lot cause it wont let me do it now..and it wont let me take the coward way out either..I get A LOT of people kill just waiting for me to pass out..lmao

Thxs for efforts Sammy.

p.s..Please DON"T reduce time of dying either while in last stand cause that's how I get most of my kills and is fking hilarious..

Edited by Unchileno

C4? Is this a pack you threw before going into last stand? I dont think I ever tried that. Do you have a detonator?  Does throwing a nade back from LS actually work? Another one of those things I dont think I tried. Kind of hard to without other players to do it. By the way, if your team has any combat medics around and they dont bother to heal you - give them a big piece of your mind. I would think a few players would now use it because of the longer spawn protection time.

Oh and dont call me a jerk.  You big jerk. :2guns:

edit: Yes I have grown to like last stand, as a developer, because the more things around that can potentially fuck with a players style the better.  If all the good players dont get mad occasionally because they arent Godlike then there is something wrong.

Edited by Sammy

Of course I could make a little addition to stun grenades. Get hit with one and your jump height is cut in half for 30 seconds. Buwhahaha.

edit: Yes I can get extremely annoyed if something really pisses me off. But in the end its always what is best for game balance. In this particular case, yea bunnies are difficult to hit and when I dont I get mad. But for players better than I... meaning a LOT of them... bunnies are much easier to get.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  7547
  • Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  714
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  5030
  • Birthday:  07/10/1984

Yeah I now use it in my mp5k loading so I can get behind the enemy from spawn.

Is the longer spawn protection supposed to apply after streaks like the rcxd and predator missile? Cause its only 5 seconds after a streak which is shorter than it used to be

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

C4? Is this a pack you threw before going into last stand? I dont think I ever tried that. Do you have a detonator?  Does throwing a nade back from LS actually work? Another one of those things I dont think I tried. Kind of hard to without other players to do it. By the way, if your team has any combat medics around and they dont bother to heal you - give them a big piece of your mind. I would think a few players would now use it because of the longer spawn protection time.

Oh and dont call me a jerk.  You big jerk. :2guns:

edit: Yes I have grown to like last stand, as a developer, because the more things around that can potentially fuck with a players style the better.  If all the good players dont get mad occasionally because they arent Godlike then there is something wrong.

@@Sammy  YES c4..I carry it, holding right mouse button while I run so if any one shoots me it drops off my hands like marty..Boooooooooooom baby..Sometimes I get to throw it before getting shot..if its near an enemy and  press User key F it goes off, what I mean is, it used to go off faster than now, also I can shoot it from last stand too, that's even funnier. As of now throwing a nade from last DON"T work, I was wondering if you could add it, if not is ok..

p.s..One more thing JERK!!  I can thaw a team m8 from far or take CP from last stand if near enough ,but, it WONT let me thaw a team m8 if he or she is standing right next to me..WEIRD.. 

P.P.s  Yes I have converted a few into Dr's now , and a few others are ready to graduate med school soon.Its funny to hear them say " I am cumin Chile"  :shock:

Or is that me saying it?  :rolleyes:

Ok I see. As we all know, during the first part of last stand you are invincible. That cannot be changed. However the standard cod4 way not only takes all your weapons away but immediately gives you a pistol. Very unfair when you cant be killed. So in this mod one change was made. It delays giving you the pistol until you completed falling and are vulnerable again. However, double-tap does require you to hold a weapon of some kind. So this is another effect I suppose and a trade off as the lesser of two evils. Either the C4 issue, or give all LS players a pistol when they fall and are invincible.

For defrosting, when you mean next to you, do you mean with the F key? If so, there is a minimum distance the player must be from you. The main reason is so the game doesnt get confused if you try to use the F key on the same player you are defrosting while standing next to him. And this is where the problem can come in. Defrost proximity uses cod4 'trigger zones' which monitor when players are inside of it. They are used for things like bomb zones in S&D, playing a radio, or minefields. The shape is a cylinder of varying width and height. On the other hand, using simple distance is a sphere. That sphere has to be large enough so that no part of it touches the cylinder. So there will be places, where the sphere 'bulges', that are dead zones so to speak. I will check the values to be sure they are as close as reasonably possible. I could rewrite it all to use something other than trigger zones, so a sphere inside a sphere, but I dont know if I want to when things already work well but this is a small side effect. :lol:

After PM'ing Rugger, streak spawn protection is six seconds.

Some numbers:

The unfreeze trigger zone is, from center, a cylinder that is 60 units radius and 60 units high. The minimum distance required for the F key is 75 units. That is so the top and bottom circles that make up the caps of the cylinder are inside the sphere.

Nothing is perfect. :happy: