Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

XI Fest 2016 will be Thurs-Sat, Oct. 20-22

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  390
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959
  • Device:  Windows

Ok Here what will need to know who wants to do Cart racing? So I can find out cart times?

http://xtremeracingcenterpigeonforge.com/xtreme-racing-center/our-xtreme-karts/

http://fasttrackspig...o-karts-tracks/

Edited by Mule

• Member ID:  87
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

i can't do it but my son will like it  :devil:

• Member ID:  809
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

I highly recommend the cave tour    its so beautiful in there.  me and lady will be going again this time

• Member ID:  1130
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

I highly recommend the cave tour    its so beautiful in there.  me and lady will be going again this time

Which ones are you referring to Dark? Right near Pigeon Forge there are two and they are both very interesting. There is Forbidden Caverns and Tuckaleechee Caverns.

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

Yeah...I don't think I can fit in a go-cart...hell I barely fit in a NASCAR race car any more...6 foot 3 and 275 of muscle and brains... but I am very capable of standing on the sideline and throw water balloons...

aj

Edited by AngryJohnny_XI

• Member ID:  3763
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  672

Yall goin to be in my backyard. Woot. Advice; If ya start hearin banjo music pucker up.  :cry: The brewery aint got nothin on the moonshine, trust me. Free samples too!!!      http://olesmoky.com/      http://www.sugarlandsdistilling.com/

Be ready for huge amounts of people, over 1 million visitors visit the Smokies in the month of Oct. because it's "leaf season".  If your local you don't go there. Slim cell service and often times you'll get the "all circuits busy" message.  I'm an outdoor enthusiast so if anyone needs to know some good site seeing routes/hikes PM me and I can give you some suggestions. If you mountain bike we have over 40 miles of single track 4 miles from DT, and a commercial track in Gatlinburg, pay and rents bikes. 

Secret Local Stuff...

1. Driving here? Don't follow I-40 to exit 407 like all the other tourists. Take 441 in DT Knoxville to bypass a shit-ton of traffic. If you are brave and no one in the car gets motion sick try; 441→ White School Rd→ Goose Gap→ Waldons Creek→Hwy 321→ Parkway to Gatlinburg. It's REAL curvy. All you Northerners laugh at us cancelling schools when they talk about snow but this IS a school bus route. Seymour Grill on the way through Seymour for local Mom & Pop home cookin. No alcohol though. :-(

2. Driving between PF and Gatlinburg will take between 30-60 min depending of time of day regardless of what yer app says. 

3. If there is a bear within site of the road ALL traffic comes to a STOP! NO JOKE! You have to pee? Go lookin for a bush. I usually lay on the horn for a min or so and the bear runs away. Great way to meet new friends. lol 

4. The drive from Sugarland Visitor Center to the "Quiet Side", Townsend, is a great way to get a feel for the mountains with minimal walking. There is an old settlement to explore , waterfalls that are roadside and many great swimming holes if not afraid of some shrinkage. If the water is high enough it's my favorite river to kayak so you may get to watch some kayaking over the waterfalls. :-) 

5. If you take the "daring route" remember how you did it because leaving is worse traffic than arriving. 

I'm going to make it a point to visit Gatlinburg that weekend to see if the IQ actually drops. That bar isn't set very high in this part of the country. :-) 

• Member ID:  809
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2835
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  20374
  • Birthday:  06/25/1979

Which ones are you referring to Dark? Right near Pigeon Forge there are two and they are both very interesting. There is Forbidden Caverns and Tuckaleechee Caverns.

didnt know about tuckaleechee we went to forbidden where the old moonshine still was

• Member ID:  20738
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  4180
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/29/1965

Yall goin to be in my backyard. Woot. Advice; If ya start hearin banjo music pucker up.  :cry: The brewery aint got nothin on the moonshine, trust me. Free samples too!!!      http://olesmoky.com/      http://www.sugarlandsdistilling.com/

Be ready for huge amounts of people, over 1 million visitors visit the Smokies in the month of Oct. because it's "leaf season".  If your local you don't go there. Slim cell service and often times you'll get the "all circuits busy" message.  I'm an outdoor enthusiast so if anyone needs to know some good site seeing routes/hikes PM me and I can give you some suggestions. If you mountain bike we have over 40 miles of single track 4 miles from DT, and a commercial track in Gatlinburg, pay and rents bikes. 

Secret Local Stuff...

1. Driving here? Don't follow I-40 to exit 407 like all the other tourists. Take 441 in DT Knoxville to bypass a shit-ton of traffic. If you are brave and no one in the car gets motion sick try; 441→ White School Rd→ Goose Gap→ Waldons Creek→Hwy 321→ Parkway to Gatlinburg. It's REAL curvy. All you Northerners laugh at us cancelling schools when they talk about snow but this IS a school bus route. Seymour Grill on the way through Seymour for local Mom & Pop home cookin. No alcohol though. :-(

2. Driving between PF and Gatlinburg will take between 30-60 min depending of time of day regardless of what yer app says. 

3. If there is a bear within site of the road ALL traffic comes to a STOP! NO JOKE! You have to pee? Go lookin for a bush. I usually lay on the horn for a min or so and the bear runs away. Great way to meet new friends. lol 

4. The drive from Sugarland Visitor Center to the "Quiet Side", Townsend, is a great way to get a feel for the mountains with minimal walking. There is an old settlement to explore , waterfalls that are roadside and many great swimming holes if not afraid of some shrinkage. If the water is high enough it's my favorite river to kayak so you may get to watch some kayaking over the waterfalls. :-) 

5. If you take the "daring route" remember how you did it because leaving is worse traffic than arriving. 

I'm going to make it a point to visit Gatlinburg that weekend to see if the IQ actually drops. That bar isn't set very high in this part of the country. :-) 

hey coldsore..

any suggestions on a ride in from Ohio on a Harley?

always looking for new scenic roads to explore..

thx man

• Member ID:  20738
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  4180
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/29/1965

oh and BTW.. i left Akron last monday, and so far have put 2900 miles on my bike.. went to Memphis, West Munroe LA (home of Duck Commander), then Austin, then Galveston, Goat island, Sugarland, now im working my way back towards Cleveland TN, Robbinsville NC, (gonna hit the dragon while im out), then Myrtle Beach, then back to Akron by this Saturday..

Once i get home, ill reserve my room, hopefully Vickie will be able to join me again as she was with me for the Cincinnatti 'fest..

so count me IN.

:lol:

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

I can likely make it this time!!!! I'll bring hearing protection if Wildthing is coming lol

Wont help. He will force you to lip read. 

• Member ID:  3763
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  672

Hey ScRiPt3... Hwy 27 just out of Lexington is a nice drive. Brings you into the Cumberland Mountains and that time of the year should be beautiful and you can easily follow it to Knoxville.

When you get to Gatlinburg ride from Gburg to the Sugarland Visitor Center and continue on Little River Road toward Townsend. From Elkmont campground to Townsend is as beautiful a drive as it gets. Lots to sightsee right off the road.

Continue through Townsend to the Foothills Parkway. Another beautiful drive, minimal traffic and gain a bunch of elevation(dress warm it'll be 5-10 degress colder up there). Stop at Look Rock to stretch your legs and hike a paved trail about a half mile to the Smoky Mountains weather station/lookout tower. From the top you can see the TN valley to the west and the Smokies to the east.

If you ride to the end of the Parkway, hang a left and you are only a few miles from the beginning of the dragon. 311 curves in 11 miles. Most fun you can have on a motorcycle! The TN State Troopers have 2 patrolmen up there from 9ish to 6ish that write tickets all day. Before or after those hours are a lot more fun. If you are there on a weekday watch out for semi's that travel that road. THEY SUCK! They have to take BOTH lanes to get around the corners, some of them blind. Lots of vids on Youtube of those encounters. 

BTW Ober Gatlinburg  is overrated IMO. $5.00 to park(at the top), $12/PP to ride the tram. That time of the year they are prepping for snow and I think the "ride" they have up there get shutdown in anticipation of the ski season. Not a bad place to ski on weekdays, weekends are overcrowded and rates too high. 

Be safe, dress warm because in Oct Gburg is 10 degrees colder than Knoxville forecast that's how there is a ski resort there! 

• Member ID:  5841
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  4384

Aight my flights are booked.

Ended up doing 2 one-way tickets with different airlines since I'm so cheap (means more booze money for me, yay!). All in $189.98 for round trip.

Now got to do the hotel. Why couldn't they just be cool and give you a code to use online. I hate calling places lol.

Most sites I found say it's a 2 star FWIW, but honestly, all I plan to do is to take a 10 minute nap in it once a night so am good with cheapest!

Is it October yet?

• Member ID:  21216
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1695
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Achievement Points:  15803
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

well good news I live 40 min away so I will try to have a batch of strawberry kush ready ;) for the smokers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP9doI0tMrA

Edited by Go0fLo0p

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

well good news I live 40 min away so I will try to have a batch of strawberry kush ready ;) for the smokers!

How do they say it "YOU THE MAN"5732f2596914e_BBsbMNyimg.jpg

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

Poo....I was hoping you were talking moonshine...I quit smoking dope 20 years ago... Y'all enjoy!

aj

• Member ID:  21216
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1695
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Achievement Points:  15803
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

that is funny I quit drinking 30 years ago,but I am sure I can find you some newoprt push watter when you all come!

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

And I stopped none of them for 45 years.Oh well.