Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

About Joining The Clan

Brick

• Member ID:  3658
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  615
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/17/1980

Ok, I just wanted to vent a little. 

I have been playing in your freeze tag servers for years with my dad aka blue. I'm 33 he is 60 we are both Bricklayers by trade. We have used cod4 as a way of keeping close over the years.  He is the one who got me playing freeze tag and ever since we started I keep comming back.  The mod is fun and the people mature and are a riot to listen to. 

About 7 months ago I decided that It would be nice to join the clan.  We talked to an admin and he said we have enough hours play we just need to join the site fill the rest of the requirements. I don't have a problem posting in the forums and all that but my dad is not a guy who likes to type much(aka calloused hands and fingers) let alone post in forums.  He's a retired bricklayer what do you expect! So he kind of gave up on joining. Mind you he has more than twice the hours played here as I do.

I decided to still join the site with him and make a go at being part of the community. I have attempted to post useful stuff not just junk to get my post count up. I almost forgot that I was attempting to join the clan and was just having a good time hanging here. Then I was asked the other day if I have thought of joining the clan by the same admin. I said absolutely. He went to the site and checked my stuff and said you seem to have filled all requirements but he had to make sure I had teamspeak and a mic. Which I do and have been in your team speak more than once. He then said to add all the admins to xfire and make sure to use your mic in game. again No problem I have been doing that for months now. I call out what I see if it will help my team and I usually rather listen to the members bs more than attempt to be a bs and hog the mic myself. Once a member or when you get to know people more the mic use will go up. It has been 3 days so I decided to xfire the admin and asked why I wasn't a member yet or haven't heard anything yet. He replied that he had to send in an app for me to be a member and that I would get a pm and would have to fill something out. Not a problem I have waited 2 years of playing and 7 month of attempting to become a member I can wait a few more days. Well here is the problem. He then went to say that he is busy and will send in the app later when he had time. hmmm Its been 3 days he had my hopes up the whole time. I've had that same feeling that you get when you are waiting for a package to arive in the mail. but He still hasn't even filled out a app that couldn't take more than 5 min to fill out. I have been on the server with him ever day since and lastnight alone for like 3-4 hours.

SO MY QUESTIONS:
Is it me or something I have done in that past that is getting me the run around?
Do I just not fit in?
Is this the way you guys treat all members that have joined in the past?

As for my dad:
Is posting in your forums that big of a deal that a guy who had put in twice as much time as me and many already members. That it prevents him from being a member?

dads hours:

514 >XI< MW2 Freezetag
286 >XI< MW2 Freezetag Server 2
 98 >XI< FreezeTag Server 1
---------------------------
898 hours played in your servers...

my hours:

238 >XI< MW2 Freezetag
 69 >XI< MW2 Freezetag Server 2
 64 >XI< FreezeTag Server 1
---------------------------
371 hours

I really feel that you guys over look players that could make good members. not just the 2 of us. I am sure there are more.

I was in the process of joining but told him nevermind. I just feel that if you want members to join you should be ready to recruit them after the do all the things you ask not give them the run around again after you ask them to join.

hope to see you guys in the server..
Brick

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1148
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  8230
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/30/1969

Hey Brick,

I'm sorry to hear about your worries with XI. I can assure you that that is not the proper response you should of gotten by anyone. I don't game much with you (different times) much and can't say one way or the other. But I will look into the Admin who was/is going to submit your app for you.

If you can would you please pm me the details.

Again, I am very sorry this has come up this way. I promise to keep you in the loop and keep you informed as progress happens. I did recieve your xfire friend invite just the other day.

I am very happy you and your Dad enjoy playing on our servers and keeping the conection with each other. Hang tight and lets see what I can do for you.

Thank you!

YellowSnow>XI<ADM

• Member ID:  54
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  492
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4492
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  31936
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965
  • Device:  Windows

Brick not sure what I  can say to make you feel any better but I like the way you've handle this post, these are all things that can be looked at by our  cod4 admin team hope it gets sorted out sooner rather then later for you ..............

Awards

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Sorry you feel you haven't been properly treated Brick, but I don't really think three or four days or even a week or two is too much to ask for an admin to find time to get your app to you. We're real people too, and we have jobs and families and time we'd like to game besides other admin duties.  

I can guarantee you that if the admin went to all the effort he did to check on your qualifications, etc., that he will see to it as time permits that you get the application - it simply asks a few questions and is then voted on by the admin team. That process can take a week.

Thanks for your interest in us, but I counsel patience, tadpole......

• Member ID:  4074
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  299
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2072
  • Birthday:  07/27/1986

With large clans comes the motivation to scrutinize. If you get in...you get in. if you don't...well it's not like you can't play with them. Not saying I don't want to eventually be XI one day, but it doesn't impact my desire to play with XI more or less.

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

Sorry this happened to ya Brick.  Ur a fkn pain in the ass in the server but I think u would make a great member of XI, along with your dad.  I hope this gets sorted, app doesnt take but a sec to send so Im not sure why the wait..take 5 mins of play time and do it but thats me.  I hope u dont give up on us yet..luv to have ya'll aboard :)

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Brick,

I hate that this happened this way, but filling out an app request isn't just a 5 minute job. Could the admin have done it a lot faster, you bet. Regardless, an admin has to ensure all the requirements are met and then fill out the app request and send it to a head admin. Then that head admin has to verify all the requirements and forward the app request to Rockape. He then sends the PM to the recruit to fill out their APP to get voted on by admin. It's not fast, and we don't intend for it to be. Hopefully, your app is in process and this is a misunderstanding. If you are still interested, I'm sure the app can move forward. If not, see ya in the servers regardless. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

• Member ID:  4
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  171
  • Topic Count:  1094
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5158
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Achievement Points:  43605
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/16/1967

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

Be patient bud it's worth the wake. And if Angel days yer a pain in the ass you are IN in my book!

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

yea dude nothing against u was tryin to explain it to you in xfire when u was talkn to me i have request ur app to be sent to you ant that u will have to fill it out and send it back then when u do that it goes up for voting for you to be accepted...u just getn inpatient dude....that all.. its a process and it takes few days to square it all away...that all.you waited to be member this whats few more day you know.....but in my pm to you i ask u to let me know when u added the admins to xfire then i will request ur app u never responded that what i was waiting on ..i thought u just havent responded yet as to work was holdn u up..i was just being patient waitn on ur response

Edited by CobraBites

• Member ID:  2048
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

OMFG GO TO THE LINK,DUMASS

The link doesnt matter?!

• Member ID:  3658
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  615
  • Birthday:  01/17/1980

@@CobraBites In the reply to your pm the first line in the 2nd paragraph was that I added everyone to xfire. I kind of changed the subject to answer your question about my mic use right away so you might have skipped over it. Sry for any bad grammer or run on sentances. Im a bricklayer not a college grad. As for 3 days later I know thats not long to wait for the process to get done but to have nothing started it kind of agitated me. This was more or less a lack of communication issue thats all.

To be honest I would have never posted this except for the fact that my bank sent me papers that they are going to attempt to forclose on me. I attempeted to get ahold of someone all day about it and kept getting the run around from them. I waited for a call back from the main lady all day and still no reply. I think when I got ahold of you I was hoping for some good news and got none :(

Sorry for any inconvenience guys Like I said at the top I just wanted to vent and had some questions.  Also wanted to make a point-> look out for other possible members that might not just come out and ask to join. I think you might be supprised at how many other people on the server would like to be a member but are just waiting for you to notice them and ask.

@Angel I think you are a pain in the ass aswell :) love playing with you tho you keep me on my toes.

@Damage_inc- what link are you talking about dumbass!!!

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968
  • Device:  iPhone

Ah.. it's so sweet when folks work out their problems in a nice way. No blood, no drama, only good stuff. You would think we were adults here or something :)

Good job all, hope the process moves along nicely now that it's cleared up.

BTW Brick.. sorry to hear about the foreclosure stuff. I hope that you get good news there as well my friend. 

• Member ID:  1965
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

Brick you sound like Idiot quality to me...sign that boy up...lol

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

@@Brick - sorry to hear about your troubles with the bank and the house bro - that really sucks.  Hope it all works out for you.

And now that I know Cobra was the admin you were dealing with it all makes perfect sense. :)

!fu cobra

• Member ID:  7584
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  2165
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/27/1972

Brick ,  I would like to say from a new member of Xi it took me about 2 weeks after I was ask to join, hunny, I was the same way I couldn't wait to get up every morning to check on the forum to see if I had that Pm waiting on me to fill out or the news I was in XI, but I do know the Admins have alot of work to do to keep this great server going. We have not only Ft we have alot of other servers here for other's to enjoy playing on. Cobra is a great guy an if he says he will do it then he will. And in his defense I know this past week he was testing maps an that takes up alot of his time but he will get to you . I have played with you an yeah you get on my nerves but heck who don't at times. With the attitude you have it will make you a great XI member. Hang in there cause when you get the news it makes you tingle all over. Hope to see you as part of our family soon. Sorry to hear the news of your home hope it all works out for you . 

Yea, hang in there hun.   We will get u to be in this family one way or the other :)   And thx!  I will take it as a compliment.   I think I suck as a player but hey...:)