Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Member Spotlight -GhostfaceJim>XI<

BlackRose

• Member ID:  2208
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  305
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3618
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37729
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963
  • Device:  Windows

GhostfaceJim

So Handsome! I am at a Kevin Costner concert here!  Yes that Kevin Costner!

Let start with your clan name? GhostfaceJim - I had to pick something?

Do you have any nicknames? Personal or in game? I've avoided getting nicknames.  I made sure nothing ever stuck.

When and where were you born? White Salmon, WA - 1975 A real dump!

When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? That is a tough one.  I think maybe like my Step Father a carpenter!  I am a terrible carpenter - no talent.

Where have you lived? I've lived a lot of places!  Washington, Oregon, In the military California, Washington DC, Hawaii, Okinawa. Florida and finally Kansas for good.  I bought a house and not moving again.

What got you into gaming?  I started learning computers and bought a video card with a free game!  COD 5!  I never really touched a computer until after the military around 1998.

Your first game you played?  First game on my own computer was Battlefield 1942 I think?

And what do you play now? Right now I am consumed by Conan Exiles.

Why did you join XI? I played a lot of COD 5 with good friends and thought it might be fun to be in a clan/community.

What do you get from being in this clan? I like the community and friendship!

What is your favorite hobby? I have had way too many failed hobbies!  Right now it is gardening and home improvement.

What is your favorite travel destination? Um, maybe not destination, but I really liked going on cruises for vacation. I've been on two.

Are you married? Not married!  Maybe someday.

Do you have children? No children.  I raised my Niece.

What kind of pets do you have, if any? What are their names? I have a good dog and a very independent cat.  Bernie the doggo and KitKat the cat!

Are you a sports fan? If so, what is your favorite team? Sports? No, not this guy!

What causes are you passionate about? Causes? I do follow politics, mostly follow the news.

Do you volunteer? If so, where? I do not volunteer. I am very self centered and anti social!

What is an interesting fact about you? I served in the USMC and enjoyed it! I did 4 years, but did not want to make a career out of it.  I was very fit at that time in my life!

Have you continued your education past college or university with career development seminars or classes? What kind? 4 years of college and have a degree.  I just keep up my certifications, but no plans to continue education except on the job training.  I do like to read though!

Did you know what profession you wanted to work in when you started college? I started and got a 2 year degree in Business Administration.  I hated the job that I was trying to get so I got my degree and ended going back to school later for a 4 year degree in Computer stuffs!

Did you belong to any professional organizations? Not really, I joined the American Legion here in Kansas cause I am now old enough to hang out with other old timers.

What is your current job title? My current job title is Access Manager.  It is an unimportant job and pretty much boring.  Lots of overtime though!

Did you win any awards or recognitions during your education? I did well in college, but nothing that great.  I got lots of awards in MOS school in the military though.

Where do you work? I work for an insurance claims company.  A big one, but I do IT stuffs and know nothing about insurance.

What other job titles have you had in your career? Sheesh I was in construction, then military, security guard, HR department, bookstore manager, IT Support, and now Access Management.

Where else have you worked? I worked at a University for many years and would never go back! I hated it.

Why did you choose to work in your industry? I learned computers working at that University and just started picking stuff up.  I enjoyed it and learned more and more.  Finally went to College to get the degree.

Why do you like your job? My current job is great! I get to work from home and mostly am left alone.  My boss is great and pay is good.

How would you describe your career? Boring, it is technical and people start to snooze when I describe it.

What are some accomplishments you've achieved during your career? Accomplishments? I do like to train others and be helpful?

Describe a time that your career was rewarding. I mostly like to help others and solving problems, but not on the phone.  I hate taking calls or being in teams meetings.  That is the least rewarding.

If you could give a younger person career advice, what would it be? Go to college and get as many scholarships as you can.  I always lecture youngsters about learning how to craft a 5 paragraph essay!  When I learned how to write every class was a breeze!

What is your favorite thing about your career or industry? I mostly like working from home and working alone.  My career and industry has taken a turn after the pandemic and I am never going back to the office.

What is a valuable lesson you learned in your career? Mostly to be kind and helpful. Never email nasty responses as that will always be used against you at work.

What do you hope to accomplish in your career? I am just happy to be working at a good paying job and have some stability so I don't have to worry about not paying bills.

Are you involved in any professional/ non-profit/sports organizations? If so, do you have a title or rank within these organizations? No, but I am an Admin on discord so I am kinda a big deal!

What is your favorite sport? I will watch American football or baseball if I have to!

Do you play any sports? I played both football and baseball in highschool, but not again.

If you were granted 1 wish, what would you wish for? A big one! World peace!

If you won a very large amount of money what would you do? Cocaine and hookers!  I would give money to my family so they could get even more cocaine and hookers! Just kidding about the drugs, but not the hookers!

----------------------------------------------------

ghostfacejim.jpeg

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11855
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106403
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

Remember me when you win that large sun of money 🙂

Thanks for sharing and I'll cya in a couple months at the Fest

• Member ID:  2314
  • Group:  ++ Conan Exiles Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  20717
  • Content Per Day:  4.33
  • Achievement Points:  113891
  • Days Won:  50
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

It's about time I get some serious recognition around here!  Haha!  This is going directly on my resume!  XI Member Spotlight - July 2023

• Member ID:  23616
  • Group:  + COD5 Moderator
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  799
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  6902
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  12/03/1965

you scare me  lololol  

• Member ID:  27768
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  938
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  7764
  • Days Won:  1

Nice read Ghostface Jim, Thank you!

• Member ID:  906
  • Followers:  143
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  17077
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Achievement Points:  148510
  • Days Won:  677
  • Birthday:  11/30/1960

• Member ID:  20698
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  3205
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/03/1990

nice read, but in the end ur still an idiot Jim :=)