MANE Posted September 20 Member ID: 30527 Group: *** Clan Members Followers: 7 Topic Count: 2 Topics Per Day: 0.00 Content Count: 273 Content Per Day: 0.20 Reputation: 116 Achievement Points: 1579 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 1 Joined: 01/14/23 Status: Offline Last Seen: 3 hours ago Birthday: 09/16/1975 Device: Windows Posted September 20 Hey everyone, I know this isn’t really related to the whole “keep the bots or not” discussion, but I wanted to ask — what happened to the Mininuke? A few times I’ve actually managed to get one, but when I had it available, I couldn’t use it for some reason. Is it disabled, or is there something I’m missing? Thanks for the info! Awards
++ COD4 Admin Totty Posted September 20 Member ID: 30308 Group: ++ COD4 Admin Followers: 11 Topic Count: 43 Topics Per Day: 0.03 Content Count: 1228 Content Per Day: 0.79 Reputation: 1179 Achievement Points: 10612 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 11 Joined: 07/02/22 Status: Offline Last Seen: 3 hours ago Birthday: 08/28/1973 Device: Windows ++ COD4 Admin Posted September 20 3 hours ago, MANE said: Hey everyone, I know this isn’t really related to the whole “keep the bots or not” discussion, but I wanted to ask — what happened to the Mininuke? A few times I’ve actually managed to get one, but when I had it available, I couldn’t use it for some reason. Is it disabled, or is there something I’m missing? Thanks for the info! I have had the same issue. Rugger is looking into it MANE 1 Awards
Sikon Posted September 21 Member ID: 27340 Group: *** Clan Members Followers: 8 Topic Count: 84 Topics Per Day: 0.03 Content Count: 748 Content Per Day: 0.26 Reputation: 631 Achievement Points: 5693 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 4 Joined: 11/03/18 Status: Offline Last Seen: Tuesday at 09:41 PM Birthday: 07/11/1980 Device: Posted September 21 Honestly, I think the influx of new players is purely just being on the CoD4x server list. There were new players prior to bots when the new mod went live. However, perhaps people join thinking its real players, then the real players are like... we just need 1-3 more! Ive seen some stay, some leave as soon as hey see bots. So, idk what's best? Try both choices over time? Awards
iboomboom Posted September 21 Member ID: 20343 Group: ++ COD4 Admin Followers: 96 Topic Count: 213 Topics Per Day: 0.04 Content Count: 3669 Content Per Day: 0.77 Reputation: 3352 Achievement Points: 32305 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 10 Joined: 10/11/13 Status: Offline Last Seen: Thursday at 11:43 PM Birthday: 07/01/1983 Device: iPhone Posted September 21 Sometimes people see a number on the server and jump in. If the server is empty people often wait until more join. So there's a value to having bots. Truth be told, these bots were created to stress test the mod for stability. Their utility as adversaries was realized by accident. basil_2 1 Awards
RANDALL Posted September 21 Member ID: 2582 Group: ** Registered Users Followers: 29 Topic Count: 177 Topics Per Day: 0.03 Content Count: 844 Content Per Day: 0.15 Reputation: 715 Achievement Points: 7559 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 9 Joined: 06/11/11 Status: Offline Last Seen: September 23 Birthday: 07/22/1991 Device: Windows Posted September 21 On 9/19/2026 at 12:42 PM, Sharpe said: The bot didn't happen to be called @RANDALL did it? I like when a bot is using a shotgun on my team so I can use my ACOG class and pick up the bot's shotgun to have a good Overkill class. VHS2, basil_2 and Sharpe 1 2
Groot Posted September 21 Member ID: 27541 Group: ** Registered Users Followers: 0 Topic Count: 2 Topics Per Day: 0.00 Content Count: 17 Content Per Day: 0.01 Reputation: 20 Achievement Points: 184 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 0 Joined: 02/06/19 Status: Offline Last Seen: 19 hours ago Birthday: 05/01/2018 Device: Windows Posted September 21 I know it's all for the good of the server. But I prefer it the way VHS described. I don't really enjoy it this way—I got 4 nuke today. but Cod4x is great
Ruggerxi Posted September 21 Member ID: 6 Group: ++++ Senior Admin Followers: 195 Topic Count: 2846 Topics Per Day: 0.46 Content Count: 12875 Content Per Day: 2.06 Reputation: 14417 Achievement Points: 109709 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 173 Joined: 09/01/09 Status: Offline Last Seen: 8 hours ago Birthday: 08/25/1976 Device: iPhone Posted September 21 21 minutes ago, Groot said: I know it's all for the good of the server. But I prefer it the way VHS described. I don't really enjoy it this way—I got 4 nuke today. but Cod4x is great I will be making them harder to kill soon Groot and VHS2 2 Awards
Ruggerxi Posted September 21 Member ID: 6 Group: ++++ Senior Admin Followers: 195 Topic Count: 2846 Topics Per Day: 0.46 Content Count: 12875 Content Per Day: 2.06 Reputation: 14417 Achievement Points: 109709 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 173 Joined: 09/01/09 Status: Offline Last Seen: 8 hours ago Birthday: 08/25/1976 Device: iPhone Posted September 21 On 9/16/2026 at 6:53 PM, VHS2 said: Hey guys! Some players were complaining about the bot mod when there are few people in game, preferring to play 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 than with/against bots. It should be taken in consideration, I think, since it can be interesting to play with few people when the server is not crowded. Besides, I don't think that it is a way to attract more players to fill the server with bots. I believe that they come when they are ready/available. Maybe, I am mistaking about that but I was asked to pass the message to senior admins. So, done! Have a good afternoon/evening. We have it set now to remove the bots at 7 people VHS2 and basil_2 2 Awards
Hoth Posted September 21 Member ID: 64 Group: *** Clan Members Followers: 41 Topic Count: 20 Topics Per Day: 0.00 Content Count: 1161 Content Per Day: 0.19 Reputation: 1033 Achievement Points: 11104 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 4 Joined: 09/02/09 Status: Offline Last Seen: 3 hours ago Birthday: 12/09/1969 Device: Windows Posted September 21 My thought is possibly to script bots to only be included on a schedule. Possibly in the late hours when the server is usually empty around 11pm-7am et. Just a thought. Not sure if it is doable to be scripted with the current engine. Bamm 1 Awards
Dukoo Posted 4 hours ago Member ID: 2527 Group: *** Clan Members Followers: 73 Topic Count: 229 Topics Per Day: 0.04 Content Count: 2103 Content Per Day: 0.38 Reputation: 2234 Achievement Points: 17382 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 6 Joined: 05/27/11 Status: Offline Last Seen: 4 hours ago Birthday: 02/27/1981 Device: Windows Posted 4 hours ago This morning, one of the bots was stuck on a fance, the other one was walking in water ( a 1 V 1 ) after suddendead the timer started over n over n over n over n over again at 1min 58 each time. When the timer ends to 0.00 it resets to 1.59 seconds each time. No new round starts! Awards
BlackRose Posted 56 minutes ago Member ID: 2208 Group: *** Clan Members Followers: 115 Topic Count: 331 Topics Per Day: 0.06 Content Count: 3948 Content Per Day: 0.69 Reputation: 4413 Achievement Points: 40782 Solved Content: 0 Days Won: 63 Joined: 02/09/11 Status: Offline Last Seen: 58 minutes ago Birthday: 06/09/1963 Device: Windows Posted 56 minutes ago ppl leave when its all bots Awards
Recommended Posts