Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

TUBES

Greasy

• Member ID:  750
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2815
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/1957
  • Device:  Windows

You know, after reading all of the reactions to lilgreasy's post and thinking about it for the last day or so,  Ive come to the conclusion that tubes should be left they way that they are.  Everybody has their own style of playing.  I take the game very seriously and compete fiercely when playing but many people simply play for laughs and to have fun and clearly couldn't care less where they place at game's end. 

The last clan that I was in ran a pretty strict DM run & gun server that didn't allow camping or rifle nades.  This gave me a bias coming into XI and it has made it hard for me to open my mind up to playing styles other than balls-out competition.  A rifle nader here & there doesn't bother me.  A bunch do.  Its no big deal to sit out a map that I don't like and likewise it's no big deal to drop out until the map population is more to my liking. God knows we have a BUNCH of other servers to play on in the interim. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member ID:  2491
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  354
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2140
  • Birthday:  04/20/1961

Steak

You know, after reading all of the reactions to lilgreasy's post and thinking about it for the last day or so,  Ive come to the conclusion that tubes should be left they way that they are.  Everybody has their own style of playing.  I take the game very seriously and compete fiercely when playing but many people simply play for laughs and to have fun and clearly couldn't care less where they place at game's end. 

The last clan that I was in ran a pretty strict DM run & gun server that didn't allow camping or rifle nades.  This gave me a bias coming into XI and it has made it hard for me to open my mind up to playing styles other than balls-out competition.  A rifle nader here & there doesn't bother me.  A bunch do.  Its no big deal to sit out a map that I don't like and likewise it's no big deal to drop out until the map population is more to my liking. God knows we have a BUNCH of other servers to play on in the interim. 

yep

• Member ID:  26443
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  470
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5973
  • Content Per Day:  2.52
  • Achievement Points:  51095
  • Days Won:  118
  • Birthday:  09/26/1971
  • Device:  Android

How about making just ONE server where the tubes are toned down or eliminated.   A clay or satchel can be easily countered with bomb squad, if one chooses.   The tube is over powered: just lob it in someone's general direction & get an immediate kill.  Use overkill & get 4 or 6 or whaterver of 'em... & when you run out, just nade yourself & get a refill.  It's out of balance with the rest of the game.  You guys are always trying different things, so try a server without tubes or with them toned down, & let people have a choice.

• Member ID:  2083
  • Followers:  42
  • Topic Count:  172
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3554
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Achievement Points:  23761
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/20/1962

lilgreasy - TUBES
For the love of god can we have a poll on whether to allow tubes... i along with a few others i know think that the fact they are used as a primary weapon and the power and range of the explosion makes them over powered and ruins the game....

ditch those BITCHES!

• Member ID:  98
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3256
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  18916
  • Birthday:  05/29/1968

Boomer
lilgreasy - TUBES
For the love of god can we have a poll on whether to allow tubes... i along with a few others i know think that the fact they are used as a primary weapon and the power and range of the explosion makes them over powered and ruins the game....

ditch those BITCHES!

I for one love bitches......especially in the comfort of there company....Yell 

Yours: Dirk

bump

• Member ID:  2050
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  2359
  • Birthday:  03/10/1952

The only thing I would like to see stopped are jumpers............but I have seen a lot of XI members jumping.  :)

• Member ID:  1719
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  1982
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  12060
  • Birthday:  04/03/1981

PingLo
Cheese
/whine...Skill cannons are great agree pinglo?

Agree with you 100%!

Kick and ban pinglo and cheese for that ! éhéh

When I'm freeze by a fuckingnoskilltube ( pinglo all the times ^^ ) I love kill him next, so it's a fun !

No ban tube ^^

• Member ID:  207
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5015
  • Birthday:  01/18/1966

good post steak!

THOR435
The only thing I would like to see stopped are jumpers............but I have seen a lot of XI members jumping.  :)

bunny hopping RULES!

• Member ID:  207
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  5015
  • Birthday:  01/18/1966

Rugger i wouldent change a thing bro. just my 2 cents.

• Member ID:  1147
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  721
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  4195
  • Birthday:  05/15/1980

i like your post greasy Cool

people that hated the tube are using them now cause they found out that you don't need any skill to use it. it is getting more and more popular on the ftag servers.

i hate tubes cause they do kill the fun in game and they often make me leave the servers.

like i always say in game: tubers are gay pussies with a small penis Laughing (and for all those that don't understand the german sense of humor: THAT IS A JOKE)

i would also vote to remove them or at least lower their damage, but i know that this will never happen.

so i go on leaving the server when to many funkillers are on.

but one thing i want to clarify is that you can't compare a tube with any other weapon!

i can't kill more than one people with only one shot out of any of the other guns. (ok, maybe with a sniper rifle when two people are standing behind each other.. but seriously, how often does that happen?)

or look at clays: you can't aim with a clay and be sure that you hit someone with it. you can only put it somewhere and pray that anybody goes that way and get hit by it. you also are able to use a special perk where you can make the clays visible for you.

or a nade: if you wanna kill somebody who is up in a window, then you have to aim pretty good and count, cause if you don't hit the window or throw the nade to early (or to late), you wont hit shit (or yourself). if you use a tube, you only need to aim near the window and you kill the guy.

• Member ID:  824
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2144
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/08/1967

well said zoe !!!!!!!! bump!!!!!!!!!!

• Member ID:  824
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  2144
  • Birthday:  03/08/1967

Ps!!! SHAKE THAT MONEY MAKER GIRL FRIEND Tongue out  GO ZOEY GO ZOEY Tongue out

• Member ID:  1147
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  721
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  4195
  • Birthday:  05/15/1980

StanG
Ps!!! SHAKE THAT MONEY MAKER GIRL FRIEND Tongue out  GO ZOEY GO ZOEY Tongue out

only for you Laughing

• Member ID:  480
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2644
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  45829
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

DOnt change nuttin! As others have stated, you start changing this cause people are whinning then you are going to have to change that cause people are whinning. I say, if ya change/remove the tubes then i want nades removed too... you can throw those things 300 yard from spawn and kill multiple people lobbing them over buildings not even knowing if anyones there or not. Or i want all bitchers and complainers insta banned. People bitching about the way i play a GAME really bothers me and i am sick of hearing about it, it ruins my day so why should i have to deal with it, get rid of them/ And while we are at it... i HATE getting killed by Snipers camping half way across the map. Either dum,b it down so snipers need 3 hits to kill or get rid of them entirely. I can parade umpteen people through these forums to complain about one thing or another. Just play the fucking game and buy a new supply of tissues people.

• Member ID:  45
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9021
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  65893
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1148
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  8230
  • Birthday:  03/30/1969

Paperman>XI<
good post steak!

Paperman-

Paperman I can't remember when I ever saw you on COD4 or MW2 freeze. When is the last time you played these servers. Thanks for the post anyways.

Having someone shoot a tube in a blind spot that completely misses you and you get killed sucks. What's the fun in that?

Greywolf-

Greywolf you are an awesome player, I hope to be as good as you and not have as many tube kills. I would guess it's about each persons game style. There are many ways to add points to your game. (run&gun, snipe, sit back and drfrost, TUBE, etc.) I'm more of a team player and it's about the Win. Of coarse if I loose, it's about having fun and I'm glad that I played. I would rather win though.

Rugger-

I have been playing with XI for almost 6 years now. I'm not new to this game and I play quite a bit. The TUBE is making this NOT FUN for me. It's a no talent weapon. I have seen and heard our guests complain and leave our servers.

I say tone it down or get rid of it.

If Admin step up and make a decision on this I will stick by you all the way. XI FOREVER!!

YellowSnow

• Member ID:  1727
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  231
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1221
  • Birthday:  01/28/1983

Zoe

people that hated the tube are using them now cause they found out that you don't need any skill to use it. it is getting more and more popular on the ftag servers.

i hate tubes cause they do kill the fun in game and they often make me leave the servers.

i would also vote to remove them or at least lower their damage, but i know that this will never happen.

so i go on leaving the server when to many funkillers are on.

Firstly, I'm gonna clarify one thing. I'm 100% ok with tubes or tubers.... That is because if they use the tube, they sacrifice a perk. they use quad tubes, they sacrifice another perk.

So it is basically a trade off. Its fair.

Take for example,

On the ftag 1 and 2, it is relatively easy to overcome tubes. Basic reason is that all weapons have been tweaked to perfection.

Credit goes to the dev team and the players that contributed their feedback based on their experience over time. Such that over time tweaks and changes are made to achieve this level of balancing.

However,

on MW2 it is a whole different story.

Half or maybe even more than half are using tubes. It does go into a vicious cycle of tube haters becoming tubers too. So much so that its kind of a rarity to see people actually shooting.

I feel that for the benefit of the shooters in mw2, IF some tweaks should be done. Please do so.

Plenty of feedback has been given so please respond by making appropriate adjustments.

Like Zoe said, if nothings done, people do leave the servers. I left too... And did notice others leaving while I was there due to this issue.

Or instead of leaving, people do not join.

It is the same with map rotations of which feedback is generally not highly regarded enough to warrant positive changes.

A simple look at the stats of the popularity of each server would reveal this. Game tracker, Stats, Server chat logs, Timing(when a full server become empty when certain maps are on) etc...

And of course there are the irritating whiners. However, there are some that really do love the servers and enjoy the company of other regulars that they play with, that do give their feedback.

And yet, some are labelled whiners.

Its really quite different. It does have a negative effect of regulars not wanting to contribute their contructive feedbacks in future.

BTW, Pinglo is a legend. He smashed a tube smack right into my face in excess of 250yrds.

Sincerely,

Sexy!

• Member ID:  1482
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  2018
  • Achievement Points:  15303
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

It seems that there are more then just a hand full of peeps not having "Fun" in the cod4 mw servers because of the tubes over powering effects, ive heard too many times peeps saying this no fun and leave. I for one stop having fun when there to many tubing and leave.

I wouldnt want to say no more tubes, but maybe a bit of nerfing, like in cod5 FTag server the rifle nades arent as over powering and very few ever bitch about them.

if it just a few not having fun, then not much to worry about, but if there more then we think, maybe it should be looked into to find a solution to keep the fun going for more peeps

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  41339
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992

Hemps

It seems that there are more then just a hand full of peeps not having "Fun" in the cod4 mw servers because of the tubes over powering effects, ive heard too many times peeps saying this no fun and leave. I for one stop having fun when there to many tubing and leave.

I wouldnt want to say no more tubes, but maybe a bit of nerfing, like in cod5 FTag server the rifle nades arent as over powering and very few ever bitch about them.

if it just a few not having fun, then not much to worry about, but if there more then we think, maybe it should be looked into to find a solution to keep the fun going for more peeps

We remove the tubes and all the people that have fun tubing wont be having fun.. we cant win so its easier to stay with stovk.

• Member ID:  480
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Content Count:  2644
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  45829
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Sitting-duc
Hemps

We remove the tubes and all the people that have fun tubing wont be having fun.. we cant win so its easier to stay with stovk.

+1

• Member ID:  88
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Content Count:  3484
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Achievement Points:  22909
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1991

just going to reinstall CoD4 and gonna put the tube on <3  LulzSec-1-290x269.jpg for the lulz....

• Member ID:  46
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

Well they are way overpowered and I agree with Zoe...the other stuff u have perks to help u out against them.  I am almost to the point of not playing anymore.  I dont think banning them because they whine about it isnt the right idea.   Geez!

• Member ID:  1482
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  2018
  • Achievement Points:  15303
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

StormCrow
Sitting-duc
Hemps

+1

I wouldnt want the tubes taken out either, not sure if they could even be nerfed?  maybe try a  new server with them nerfed(if they can be) or no tubes and see if peeps would populate it? 

If there's more then just a few members and guest not having fun in the XI servers then it should be at least looked into and see if there is something that can be done to keep the fun going for as many as possible, cause after all, its about the fun!