Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

5/17/12 Newest Mw2 Beta Is Up And Running Please Test And Leave Feedback

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

hey we need someone to take out 2 maps on chicago server they are causing download loops...mp_beta2dawn and mp_simpsons

• Member ID:  459
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5416
  • Days Won:  0

we need someone to restart the server or sort out the minimap problem.

i played 2 maps and the minimap went crazy...like it's snowy...it appeared after 15 min but for the enemy team it didn't.

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

Lol Shooter that's because someone on the other team was probably using a UAV jammer

• Member ID:  1443
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

i played 2 maps and the minimap went crazy...like it's snowy...it appeared after 15 min but for the enemy team it didn't.

it is part of the mod. sometimes the minimap does get snowy at random times. or its possible you got hit with an EMP grenade.

• Member ID:  459
  • Followers:  23
  • Content Count:  776
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Achievement Points:  5416

it is part of the mod. sometimes the minimap does get snowy at random times. or its possible you got hit with an EMP grenade.

no uav jammer was deployed. i'm not stupid. i'm an idiot :D

it went on for 2 maps so uav jammer doesn't go over on a second map SOB. :D

• Member ID:  2206
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1021
  • Birthday:  01/29/1991

So, the terrible mod has now been placed on the Chicago server with no corrections made? Therefore, now there are no servers that can be played without issue. What was the point? The past 14 pages have been useless writing it seems as the vast majority of the issues still exists. Thus, a 'BETA' is no longer/nor ever was truely a 'BETA'

Vandie why go so negative? Change does not happen overnight. They are using their spare time to make and improve this MOD. If you give them feedback they will listen, but give them time to make the changes. Anyway your message seemed to be very negative and I dont like that attitude, so just calling you on that. You may be right, you may be wrong, but you are defenitly negative..

Awards

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Yup bug. Happens if a player CUAV or ambient one is still operating if the round ends. As for the various issues in this 14 page thread not being applied to the current server, patience young padawan.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11878
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106465
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

The other server was not getting any traffic and everyone was playing the beta. So I decided to make the move hoping both servers would populate. I will look into the looping problem when I get home.

• Member ID:  2214
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  257
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

So, the terrible mod has now been placed on the Chicago server with no corrections made? Therefore, now there are no servers that can be played without issue. What was the point? The past 14 pages have been useless writing it seems as the vast majority of the issues still exists. Thus, a 'BETA' is no longer/nor ever was truely a 'BETA'

Vandie why go so negative? Change does not happen overnight. They are using their spare time to make and improve this MOD. If you give them feedback they will listen, but give them time to make the changes. Anyway your message seemed to be very negative and I dont like that attitude, so just calling you on that. You may be right, you may be wrong, but you are defenitly negative..

So your calling me on the fact that you don't know if I am right or wrong but read the negativity from my post? Well glad to know the negative police are around now. I am sure if you had actually commented on the issues over a month ago and saw that nothing was changed you wouldn't be to confident in "they will listen". The first 2-3 pages of the topic are great as the feedback between the design team and the players is very good, and then there was a sudden drop and none of the "newer" issues have been reviewed. It was as if no one wanted to make the changes themselves with quotes such as "the admins can do that", "lets wait for the consensus" (although many people commented/liked the posts requesting the changes). Therefore, the mod has become stagnant for over a month and now more issue appear to arise on the chicago server. Still don't really understand the point of your "calling", didn't know I had to type a post catering to your personal feelings.

Well.....

As one of the developers I can say I work on it almost every day. To be honest spending more time on it than I should be. Issues have been resolved for the next build. If its not being released fast enough for you then I cant help that.

When I say the admins can do this or that it means one simple thing. Its the XI server not mine. So if its a config change... like the auto balance thing... I can do nothing about it other than suggest what setting should be changed. Same with things like how much health a heli has. It would be highly inappropriate for someone outside to screw around with such things. Perhaps I should just say nothing publicly and just PM an admin.

Then again, I have a server up with all these changes and can do whatever is needed as it happens and do quick fixes. But few want to bother with it. So it goes both ways. If you must have the update right this minute then get a group of people and go play it. I will change it from FFA to Freezetag when I upload the next fixes later this evening. :welcome:

• Member ID:  1103
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

Thanks Sammy and Rugger! Really and sincerely appreciate all the hard work on the mod and the servers! I know I'm not alone in this.

Ping

Thx. With a really big mod like this there are always sneaky bugs that need to be taken care of. Which is why good beta testing is a must.

One was in testing the Summit cod4 remake I was made aware of today by D-tox. He added hurt triggers in some places to keep players from going places they shouldnt. Unfortunately it interfered with the predator in those spots. D-tox made a test map with the various types of triggers he used so I could hit them over and over again and see for myself and debug it. Nothing major and a fixable problem but its often those little things that hardly ever happen that can cause bigger ones.

• Member ID:  3481
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  38
  • Birthday:  10/17/1987

I used a predator missle three days ago and when I got out of that mode, one enemy player was still targeted by a red square above his head, making him visible trough the entire map. When he switched to my team, the square was still there. Thought I pass this along.

• Member ID:  238
  • Followers:  189
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  19609
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/09/1957

Hey Harmos I told you give me a minute so I can pull that Lo-Jack out my ass but you were relentless. LMAO

Ok thank you. Then again... maybe it wasnt a bug. Bwahahaha!

• Member ID:  1155
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1796
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/16/1976

I had a problem where I was a RC, I was jammed, then I was destroyed by an emp - when I came back as a player it said "... being jammed". I was jammed as a player for a couple of minutes until the opposing team found and shot me.

It seems there is a problem when your RC car gets destroyed.

I have noticed sometimes when you throw an emp bomb at a rc it won't make the car go away and it will actually sit there even when the other player has already respawned. I have killed someone with my car that I thought was destroyed while I was also shooting enemies since I had already respawned.

That is normal. EMP wont destroy the car right away. When hit the car for all intensive purposes is dead but starts a 20 second timer on the explosives. After that it explodes killing enemies around it. You still get credit for the kill. The jammer (which is now a 'deflector') message will be an icon on the screen. Pulses once each time you hit it. That should take care of the problem.

Actually thought about, in addition to the timer, allowing an enemy to 'repair' and steal it. Also a red target icon to the original owner. The idea was that more people would try to emp it instead of shoot it in the hopes of stealing it. But didnt know how complicated it would get or if many people would do it.

dont know if anyone reported this or not but few times that my car is being jammed then emp i spawn out of car still jammed and cant move

When you activated, where you under some kind of structure and crouched or prone? If so, when returned you can get stuck in walls and such. Added some extra checks so that if this situation could happen you are told to move to a place you can stand up. You dont have to stand to do it. But you need to be able to. Not exactly a great solution but the only one I could find that reliably worked.

• Member ID:  2206
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  126
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1021
  • Birthday:  01/29/1991

So your calling me on the fact that you don't know if I am right or wrong but read the negativity from my post? Well glad to know the negative police are around now. I am sure if you had actually commented on the issues over a month ago and saw that nothing was changed you wouldn't be to confident in "they will listen". The first 2-3 pages of the topic are great as the feedback between the design team and the players is very good, and then there was a sudden drop and none of the "newer" issues have been reviewed. It was as if no one wanted to make the changes themselves with quotes such as "the admins can do that", "lets wait for the consensus" (although many people commented/liked the posts requesting the changes). Therefore, the mod has become stagnant for over a month and now more issue appear to arise on the chicago server. Still don't really understand the point of your "calling", didn't know I had to type a post catering to your personal feelings.

It's not as simple as click and done. Like I said, it is a spare time thing. The developers of this MOD want it to be good; just as bad (probably even more) than you do... If all you can do is complain and be negative, I invite you to make a mod. Than I promise you we will give you 15 pages of feedback and complain if they are not implemented within a month. My god man, I don't wish to be an ass but please stop your pointless whining and appretiate the hard work they are putting in to creating a fun, good, and working MOD...

As for typing a post to catering my feelings... I am not asking you to do so, I am asking you to be respectfull to the people putting in the hours creating this stuff, since you are playing on their servers for free....

Anyway I will not get into a further discussion. I said what I thought. If you accept that it would be nice abd if you don't it's not up to me to correct you any further. Just know what I said was not ment to pick a fight with you Vandie!

Edited by {ESC}Bas

Awards

• Member ID:  1103
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

As for typing a post to catering my feelings... I am not asking you to do so, I am asking you to be respectfull to the people putting in the hours creating this stuff, since you are playing on their servers for free....

A'friggin'men to that! It is so easy to complain, providing constructive criticism actually requires thought.

Anyway I will not get into a further discussion. I said what I thought. If you accept that it would be nice abd if you don't it's not up to me to correct you any further. Just know what I said was not ment to pick a fight with you Vandie!

Hope this experience hasn't soured your opinion of posting to our forums.

no structure out in the open it was the jammer still jamming only thing was is that i was out of the car but it was treating me like i was still in the car im not the only one who has seen this

1000+ hours and its still going. Actually its almost the 1 year anniversary since 1.4 got started. I suppose I should bake a cake. ;%29.gif

I will go though th RC jammer thing again and see if there are any odd situations that would cause that problem.

• Member ID:  2214
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  257
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

A'friggin'men to that! It is so easy to complain, providing constructive criticism actually requires thought.

Really? So that post itself required a lot of thought for you? Or was it easy for you to complain?

The whole moving the BETA to the Chicago server was due to not enough traffic on both servers. Makes perfect sense, however, that probably would have been different if the BETA was actually updated per all the requests in this forum. It should have been a running update. Having a completely different 'test' server playing a different game style doesn't seem to be helping anything as Sammy said, no one goes there. Thus, the updates should have been made on the BETA itself and allowed the Chicago to be the constent with the original BETA. Now, both servers have the exact same mod and they will both never be populated.

What happened with the Jammer? Aren't there multiple posts on this topic and others from many different people asking for it to be completely removed?

• Member ID:  1443
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

Really? So that post itself required a lot of thought for you? Or was it easy for you to complain?

The whole moving the BETA to the Chicago server was due to not enough traffic on both servers. Makes perfect sense, however, that probably would have been different if the BETA was actually updated per all the requests in this forum. It should have been a running update. Having a completely different 'test' server playing a different game style doesn't seem to be helping anything as Sammy said, no one goes there. Thus, the updates should have been made on the BETA itself and allowed the Chicago to be the constent with the original BETA. Now, both servers have the exact same mod and they will both never be populated.

What happened with the Jammer? Aren't there multiple posts on this topic and others from many different people asking for it to be completely removed?

Sammy said a few days ago that he was going to keep the Jammer, but instead of stopping the car, he will try to get it to deflect the car away from the person with the Eavesdrop/Jammer perk.