Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Teaching Kids To Use Guns.

little_old_man

• Member ID:  1719
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1982
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  12060
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/03/1981
  • Device:  Windows

wow, you have to be very afraid if you need to have a gun in your house.Hard to live with that.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

wow, you have to be very afraid if you need to have a gun in your house.Hard to live with that.

On the contrary, I find it much easier to live with guns in my house knowing that there are many criminals out there with weapons, and if one of them decides to enter my home uninvited and with the intention of harming my family, I can blow his fucking head off to protect my family. I don't call that living in fear, I call it insurance with peace of mind.

People who break into homes knowing that somebody is there only do so with the assumption they aren't armed. In this case, they probably knew the parents were gone and didn't think a 14 year old boy was a problem. Fortunately for those kids, the intruder was wrong. That boy might need a lifetime of therapy to deal with the taking of a human life at such a young age, but I'm sure he would rather be in therapy than dead, or forced to live with one of his siblings being killed.

• Member ID:  1719
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  1982
  • Achievement Points:  12060
  • Birthday:  04/03/1981

On the contrary, I find it much easier to live with guns in my house knowing that there are many criminals out there with weapons, and if one of them decides to enter my home uninvited and with the intention of harming my family, I can blow his fucking head off to protect my family. I don't call that living in fear, I call it insurance with peace of mind.

People who break into homes knowing that somebody is there only do so with the assumption they aren't armed. In this case, they probably knew the parents were gone and didn't think a 14 year old boy was a problem. Fortunately for those kids, the intruder was wrong. That boy might need a lifetime of therapy to deal with the taking of a human life at such a young age, but I'm sure he would rather be in therapy than dead, or forced to live with one of his siblings being killed.

Something does not turn good if the civil have to protect themselves against badguy. Maybe society need to be change.

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

Something does not turn good if the civil have to protect themselves against badguy. Maybe society need to be change.

Society won't change for the better in our lifetimes, it will only get worse. I always hope for the best in people, but I'm prepared for the worse. The world once had a little thing called the Cold War. The Soviet Union and the US each have enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world many times over, but neither is willing to use them because they know that whoever launches the first missiles will cause a response from the other. It's called mutually assured annihilation. The same theory works for criminals thinking about entering the home of a gun owner. They may get in, but I can promise they won't get out.

Edited by little_old_man

• Member ID:  623
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1072
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  7809
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/26/1982

I'm not sure how many Police Stations there are or how many ACTIVE DUTY Poloice officers there are where you a from, but here, there are very few. In My particular case, the Police department itself is located on the OTHER side of town. We have a small number of police on duty at a time, they cover a Large area of several square miles. If you are so lucky to catch someone trying to get in before they actually make it inside your home, and you call 911 emergency number, you still have to survive while waiting on them. Again, in my particular case, It can be anywhere from a minute or 2, up to 15 to 30 minutes before any police arrive. Just yesterday afternoon I heard on my scanner a call for police to go to a certain location, they reply from all ON DUTY officers was, " It's gonna be a while." It was 15 minutes or longer before anyone came back to say they were on the way. I hear it very often when someone has come home to find someone in their house, and we have so few officers that it's a quite a while before they can get there to assist. Usually the intruder has suffcient time to get away.

Yes, I'll keep a gun in my house.

• Member ID:  1320
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  611
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4498
  • Birthday:  01/14/1976

I have instructed my oldest kids (14, 13 & 10) all about gun "safety." I teach them how the gun works, how to load and unload it, how to put it on safety, how to carry it properly and even how to clean it. They are also instructed that if they ever point a gun at someone it better be to shoot to kill. I encourage them to aim for the head.... and empty both magazines.

• Member ID:  1482
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2018
  • Achievement Points:  15303
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

of course this a very rare story, at least the parents did the responsible thing to teach the kid about gun safety ,ect. with a gun in the house.

It would of been better if the kids got out or had a safe room to lock themself in, poor kid had to shoot someone and could be something that haunts him for a long time!

But the stories you hear more of is kids shooting themself or friends or others to death!! But im guessing there are more unresponsible guns owners then responsible ones!!! (a least it seems that way to me!)

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Content Count:  6454
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Achievement Points:  50699
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967
  • Device:  iPhone

I'm not sure how many Police Stations there are or how many ACTIVE DUTY Poloice officers there are where you a from, but here, there are very few. In My particular case, the Police department itself is located on the OTHER side of town. We have a small number of police on duty at a time, they cover a Large area of several square miles. If you are so lucky to catch someone trying to get in before they actually make it inside your home, and you call 911 emergency number, you still have to survive while waiting on them. Again, in my particular case, It can be anywhere from a minute or 2, up to 15 to 30 minutes before any police arrive. Just yesterday afternoon I heard on my scanner a call for police to go to a certain location, they reply from all ON DUTY officers was, " It's gonna be a while." It was 15 minutes or longer before anyone came back to say they were on the way. I hear it very often when someone has come home to find someone in their house, and we have so few officers that it's a quite a while before they can get there to assist. Usually the intruder has suffcient time to get away.

Yes, I'll keep a gun in my house.

It's the same here Simple. Very rural so it can take quite a while for someone to respond when they are on the opposite side of the county.

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4669
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41044
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Who weapons sow will reap violence.

This situation is partly caused by the gun lobby.

Here we teach the children not to open the door to strangers and if necessary call the emergency number.

-------------------------------

Wie wapens zaait zal geweld oogsten.

Deze situatie is mede door de wapen lobby veroorzaakt.

Hier leren we de kinderen ook om niet de deur open te doen voor vreemden en als het nodig is het alarmnummer te bellen.

LOL, sorry Hans, reread your post. I missed the part about teaching kids to NOT open doors to strangers. That's why I'm an idiot...lol!!!

We do the same here, it's just that help is so far away. Two deputies for the whole county. You just can't count on the police to be everywhere at once. It's too bad everywhere can't be like Holland. Grolsch for everyone! :cheers:

• Member ID:  260
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  602
  • Birthday:  06/09/1979

If you don't have guns in your home you are a victim waiting to be robbed, raped, or murdered. It is not longer a police officers job to serve and protect. Now they are family counselors and tax collectors for the state.

Drive around and write seatbelt tickets by day, DUI's at night.

All they can do is look at your corpse and try to figure out who killed you and why. But the do have the right to arrest you now if you film them. I say all this because of my background, I went to college for law enforcement, and my reasons for not going into that field.

Its just too bad this happened in phoenix instead of a rural area where the kid would have had a shotgun to blow that POS all the way to hell.

I live in central Illinois, violent crime here is lower than Chicago, why? It's has nothing to do with population density or police response times.

Because there are less people here there would be less help or witnesses to a crime and the nearest cop is 20miles away and would be any closer unless he is called.

IT is because every house around here has guns even the little old lady that lives on the corner has her late husbands shotgun or pistol.

Btw all you gun haters,just cause you have 1 in the house doesn't mean you have to use it during a break in, you only have to use it if you want to live!!!

And pharticus I love that man headshots . A dead man gets no lawyer and doesn't get to tell any tales(lies).

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

The key here is teaching the kids responsible and safe use of firearms. And when you say "kids" the age varies with each child, you just can't pick and age and say he can handle guns, you must judge the maturity of each kid before exposing them to guns.

All of my kids learned first from me but each one also attended safety courses given at my local gun club and by state certified instructors. I am now exposing my oldest grand son to shooting. He is 11 and showing good maturity and follows direction well.......... the bugger even corrected me once and he was right. We started on BB guns, moved to single shot 22's and now are on semi automatic 22's. He will also be enrolled in the safety courses this summer. I will make it my responsibility to get him there and back home.

Also much of the focus in this topic has been on self defense. Do not overlook the bonding that can occur with adult and child through hunting or recreational shooting. I am 68 years old and still actively participates with my sons and daughter in shooting sports. Many parents fail to have that type of in-common recreational activity with their kids. To me the activity and dialogue we have with each other over shooting is worth every minute and dollar I invested in time or money on shooting.

Talk to my kids and they will tell you some of their best memories are of days we spent on the range or in the woods with our guns.

BTW, none of us hunt anymore but we sure do punch a lot of holes in paper or a variety of other types of targets.

And hopefully none of them ever have to use a firearm to defend themselves but at least they will be prepared properly if the need arises. I should also mention we all have concealed carry permits. Personally I rarely carry a concealed gun but my sons carry regularly. It's their choice and their right.

Edited by Shamu

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14882
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91065
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

Teaching children how to use Firearms is not only a need, its a unfortunate necessity in America. Thankfully thats not the norm for most other countries for they do not have that level of violence. Im grateful for that....

Great story guys.. That family did the right thing....Kudos.

Not the norm here, in Canada per sure. But agree, the family did the right thing

• Member ID:  228
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4711
  • Birthday:  06/01/1971

Who weapons sow will reap violence.

This situation is partly caused by the gun lobby.

Here we teach the children not to open the door to strangers and if necessary call the emergency number.

-------------------------------

Wie wapens zaait zal geweld oogsten.

Deze situatie is mede door de wapen lobby veroorzaakt.

Hier leren we de kinderen ook om niet de deur open te doen voor vreemden en als het nodig is het alarmnummer te bellen.

Really!...Really!...Really!...Really! Teach kids to not open the door! I mean REALLY! Call the emergency number...5 minutes away minimum. The FRAKKING STRANGERS/BADGUYS were kicking in the front door! The kid should have went up to this guy and put a bullet in him execution style. Then say to the police when they showed up, He kept moving for his gun so I had to make sure he could not harm me or my sisters! Bad guys are going to have guns. Bad guys are going to do bad things.... Do you really think that a bad guy is going to worry whether or not the police might be called! I mean REALLY! REALLY!...REALLY!

A few months ago in my apartment complex there was a bad guy who walked into my neighbors apartment. It was late at night, people sleeping, little kids. When I heard the commotion, I came out with my pistol and the neighbors thanked me for responding so quickly. The police caught the guy 15 minutes later. I said it is a good thing that he did not come into my home. He would be DEAD! In case you haven't figured it out I am not a politically correct pansy ass. I will shoot bad guys dead any time and every time. They try and hurt me or my family and I will unload all 3 clips into them! The grand jury would ask me why I shot 45 rounds into him and I would say it wasn't 60 because I only had 3 clips.

Point being, bad guys deserve death and AMEN to this kid for doing what was necessary.

• Member ID:  558
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3785
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  29048
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/06/1964

Yes the child is a hero in my eyes and the taxpayers a lot of money saved if the intruder dies of his injuries.

Only I find firearms do not belong in the hands of children

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Yop what you need to understand is this country was founded with guns at its core and development. It has always been part of our way of life now the ignorant klefties wnat to remove them from our law abiding society. They will have to take them from our dead hands to succeed! We teach our kids the same and the guns are as much about defending against an aggressive government as anything else. Its not fear its patriotism at its finest! Criminals are a secondary reason for having and teaching gun use!

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

Yop they still like to play cowboys & indians.

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4669
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41044
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Yop they still like to play cowboys & indians.

More like, cowboys playing with cowgirls.....the guns can stay in the safe. Well, maybe ONE friendly weapon out. :wub:

Yes the child is a hero in my eyes and the taxpayers a lot of money saved if the intruder dies of his injuries.

So, where do you draw the line on when a person can have a gun? Do you just pick an age where regardless of ability or maturity they can have a gun? Or is your opinion reflecting the culture of your country, Netherlands, which is highly restrictive on gun ownership. That could bias your opinion.

Here in the USA we have protected our right to bear arms as stated in our Constitution, your loss that you have lost yours.

You have no constitutional protection for gun ownership in the Netherlands, here we do. That is a very big difference in how law is applied in each country.

In your country they would lock me up and throw away the key. Here I am within the law and protected by our Constitution from any law threatening my rights.

Edited by Shamu

• Member ID:  558
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3785
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  29048
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/06/1964

So, where do you draw the line on when a person can have a gun? Do you just pick an age where regardless of ability or maturity they can have a gun? Or is your opinion reflecting the culture of your country, Netherlands, which is highly restrictive on gun ownership. That could bias your opinion.

Here in the USA we have protected our right to bear arms as stated in our Constitution, your loss that you have lost yours.

You have no constitutional protection for gun ownership in the Netherlands, here we do. That is a very big difference in how law is applied in each country.

In your country they would lock me up and throw away the key. Here I am within the law and protected by our Constitution from any law threatening my rights.

I am not against gun ownership, subject to rules.

You may not have a criminal record and you must be a member of a shooting

The age I would draw on when they are adults before the law.

The right to protect your family and household, everyone have here in Netherlands.

For this you do not immediately need a firearm.

In certain situations I would also execute the judgment itself because I think that criminals in the Netherlands there are sometimes too easily come off.an and cost the taxpayers too much money

• Member ID:  922
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

Well, its simple, u not allowed to bear guns without a license, and for that u need to be at least 18, because before that age very few can have real maturity anyway. and to get a license u have to prove yourself not insane, u have to be affiliated with a gun club and/or work in security sector (from what i remember)

i dont see where the problem is with these regulations.

in fact its the only way to be sure the person with a gun wont be totally insane like its too often the case in countries where there is no gun laws or very little.

u can say we have less freedom, we dont see it as freedom, we see it as a cause of murders, and by looking at "death by gun" numbers, i guess we are right.

its like driving a car, if u are insane or too young or anything u can cause horrible accidents. so u need a driving license

but obviously we have less guns in the streets than u have

so i can understand some people wants the feeling they can "try" to protect themselves, in reality more people cant and therefor lots are dying by guns.

this story could also be totally different, like the bad man see a kid with a gun and then decided to shoot, while if the kid didnt have a gun he wont shoot.

who knows

in fact the story is most of the time very different like numbers are saying.

• Member ID:  2986
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  206
  • Topic Count:  384
  • Content Count:  6454
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Achievement Points:  50699
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  12/19/1967
  • Device:  iPhone

Well, its simple, u not allowed to bear guns without a license, and for that u need to be at least 18, because before that age very few can have real maturity anyway. and to get a license u have to prove yourself not insane, u have to be affiliated with a gun club and/or work in security sector (from what i remember)

i dont see where the problem is with these regulations.

in fact its the only way to be sure the person with a gun wont be totally insane like its too often the case in countries where there is no gun laws or very little.

u can say we have less freedom, we dont see it as freedom, we see it as a cause of murders, and by looking at "death by gun" numbers, i guess we are right.

its like driving a car, if u are insane or too young or anything u can cause horrible accidents. so u need a driving license

but obviously we have less guns in the streets than u have

so i can understand some people wants the feeling they can "try" to protect themselves, in reality more people cant and therefor lots are dying by guns.

this story could also be totally different, like the bad man see a kid with a gun and then decided to shoot, while if the kid didnt have a gun he wont shoot.

who knows

in fact the story is most of the time very different like numbers are saying.

That's a good idea, HOWEVER, Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE, and the majority of those get their guns ILLEGALLY. It would be a wonderful world if we didn't have to worry about this :).

While I am a member of the NRA I do support gun registration and the existing requirement to be cleared of any legal or medical issues that prohibit gun ownership. My position is contrary to the NRA.

I would even like to see a ability test be required as there is before getting a drivers license if the intent is to carry the gun in a public environment such as hunting or concealed carry. In PA we do have a Hunter Safety requirement to get a hunting license but it does not involve actual handling of a gun, just classroom coverage of rules, regulations and safety.

Also understand you just don't walk in and buy a pistol and walk out the door. Your records are checked via a federal call center before sale can be approved.

If the gun is kept only at home I would not support a ability testing requirement. There should be no ability test for a gun bought for home protection.

• Member ID:  989
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  18145
  • Content Per Day:  3.47
  • Achievement Points:  132974
  • Days Won:  264
  • Birthday:  01/27/1946

I have been an NRA certified rifle and pistol instructor for over 20 years. I have had the opportunity to teach many adults and non-adults the proper way to handle firearems - with respect. Firearms are no diferent than anything else that can be mistreated and cause problems. We don't ban alcohol or cars because of drunk drivers that kill and maime - why ban guns because they are improperly uised. The typical person will respond properly to dealing with firearms if they have the proper training. Cars, alcohol, and guns don't kill people - people do.

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63389
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

The government has a mechanism in place where they can come into our homes and take our guns with out warning and it's all under the ruse of "terrorism". I don't like giving up my freedom for the so called "act of terror protection". We have always made things work this way and we will continue to make it work by having the right to bear arms!