Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Mp_Rd3N In Freeze Tag Server Is A Night Sniper Map

• Member ID:  286
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1709
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/15/1959
  • Device:  Windows

This map on the freezetag server really sucks for run and gun play style normally affiliated with this server. The only players scoring on it were snipers who were hiding/camping basically locking down the spawn area. I'd like to vote it be rotated to the sniper map where it belongs. This is just my assessment and I am not speaking for others but anyone agreeing by all means reply to this post. Thx.. HAMMER

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

No it is not a Sniper map, i suggest you try our new Sniper server out if you want to see what real sniper maps look like, this map would have no place at all on our sniper server, real Sniper maps keep both teams separate from each other, ie it is impossible to get close to the other team because it is made so you cannot  cross over to the oppositions side of the map, i run and gun and i have no problem with that map, it is everytime we get a map where the visibility ain't perfect we get moans, look at it as a way of improving your game. Also where does it say freezetag has to be run and gun for everyone?

Edited by Sonovabich

sorry, thought I was able to voice my opinion ......this as I said is MY view of this map, and didn't know the sniper server had changed cause before I got cancer 2 years ago you COULD approach and knife snipers. I see alot has changed since I got sick.... anyways as I was saying this was my view of this map, sorry for voicing my opinion.

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

I kind of like that map and I am definitely not a sniper.

sorry, thought I was able to voice my opinion ......this as I said is MY view of this map, and didn't know the sniper server had changed cause before I got cancer 2 years ago you COULD approach and knife snipers. I see alot has changed since I got sick.... anyways as I was saying this was my view of this map, sorry for voicing my opinion.

Well it looked to me like you were asking for a vote to remove a map that you don't like, not offering an opinion. When a map comes on that i don't like, i either play it through with my friends or leave until it is over, it ain't like we only have one server here.

Edited by Sonovabich

Really SOB ? Your gonna be an ass about this and try to push your fucked up views of this game on me ? I was stating an opinion and if that aint allowed here then maybe this aint the XI I missed and loved and maybe I dont belong here anymore after all. Thx for ruining my morning.

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.06
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Just downloaded it. Very cool map.

A 'sniper' map depends on your definition and whether or not it only includes maps with forced sides that you cannot cross and are mirrors of each other. Is a map one that benefits snipers but you dont have to be? Or one where you simply have no choice and couldnt rush them and die trying every single time even if you wanted to? Personally I never did like the idea of forced mirror maps you cannot cross because it precludes the possibility of someone putting in the time and patience of being extremely stealthy and trying to out flank you.

• Member ID:  3610
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2410
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/21/1983

This map on the freezetag server really sucks for run and gun play style normally affiliated with this server. The only players scoring on it were snipers who were hiding/camping basically locking down the spawn area. I'd like to vote it be rotated to the sniper map where it belongs. This is just my assessment and I am not speaking for others but anyone agreeing by all means reply to this post. Thx.. HAMMER

you say if you agree by all means reply to this post

so is this a one sided topic?

are opposite opinions not allowed? if opposite opinions ARE allowed then i think your a bit out of line here regarding your comments towards SOB

• Member ID:  2905
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2190
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  18662
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/26/1977

ok, if Hammer and SOB can plz shake hands now and do kissy kissy we could talk normal again.... plz. thx.

i for myself hate the colours  and the brightness/darkness of that map (had to write down the name so i know now what map u r talking about ;)  )

the map itself is great, but for me its all brown, grey and black, if i turn brightness very high its sucks with the lights which dazzle then and the map is still freaking dark. when i use nightvision i have to set brightness low cause the lamps dazzle and that sucks as well....

so my question would be : can anyone change the light, colours or whatever it needs to make it more comfortable to play?

this way we could keep the map and make it much better for many ppl which complained alot before when we played this map.

what do u think?

• Member ID:  1357
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  181
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2294
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  16635
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/11/1972

Glad to see I wasn't the only one confused by this matter.

• Member ID:  96
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1048
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  8813
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Achievement Points:  62182
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

ok, if Hammer and SOB can plz shake hands now and do kissy kissy we could talk normal again.... plz. thx.

i for myself hate the colours  and the brightness/darkness of that map (had to write down the name so i know now what map u r talking about ;)  )

the map itself is great, but for me its all brown, grey and black, if i turn brightness very high its sucks with the lights which dazzle then and the map is still freaking dark. when i use nightvision i have to set brightness low cause the lamps dazzle and that sucks as well....

so my question would be : can anyone change the light, colours or whatever it needs to make it more comfortable to play?

this way we could keep the map and make it much better for many ppl which complained alot before when we played this map.

what do u think?

No the map can't be edited! Only the map maker can do that. I was asked by Rugger to update the down loader for FT server #1 and he has taken this map out of rotation.

Hammertime, I hope you are doing well.

Cheers Beers

• Member ID:  503
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  2461
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  15555
  • Days Won:  1

what do u think?

Same for me Kitty and something else weird about this map is after you use your RC Car you are unable to use your night vision.

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

to me it is a campin sniper map...just not the style for the sniper server...this map lighting sux...its so dark it causes my eyes to hurt cause i straining to look for people nite vision aint no help cause then  everything is all green...turning brightness dont work well and it makes graffics look like crap...i do vote to take out of rotation....its pretty bad when i see the other day we had one person on this map  was like 70 kills and only 8 deaths? really? too me that calls for bad map just my opinion...but it wont take long people will get bored of that map and start bitching bout wantin us admins to skip it just wait watch and see...

Edited by CobraBites

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.06
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Same for me Kitty and something else weird about this map is after you use your RC Car you are unable to use your night vision.

Thats a bug on the version of the ow2 mod the server has. Unrelated to any specific map.

• Member ID:  1103
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1977
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Achievement Points:  15642
  • Birthday:  01/01/2012

Thats a bug on the version of the ow2 mod the server has. Unrelated to any specific map.

Guess this is one of the few maps we folks actually use night vision on!

BTW, In case you were wondering I think this is the:

BEST MAP EVER!

While we are on a mission to remove maps can we also take out Trinsic and AVA Assault please, 2 really bad maps that never seem to end, AVA Assault has 2 chokepoints in tunnels where everyone just stands in a line waiting to either get shot or defrosted, Trinsic has large tunnels and portals and walls that need blowing down and that fucking wood pigeon that annoys the shit out of everyone, if we taking a good map out i thought there might be a chance of taking a couple of bad maps out too. Oh yeah just remembered Freedom Bridge too, that map blows chunks, people spend most of that map trying to jump over a two inch kerb lol

Edited by Sonovabich

I hate that I started this topic as it seems to be having the opposite effect I think is important here at XI which is community and fun, the glue that has held this place together since it's inception and what drew me here in the first plce. I want to appologize for creating the opposite by whinning about this map as I was basically just venting my frustrations about this map being very difficult for me and my game-playing style ( which is pretty weak right now because of my 2 year absence ) . I also want to appologize to SOB for the personal attack which was totally un-called for as everyone here has a right to their opinion and I am confident that he knows what he's talking about, as he's been playing as long as the reat of us die-hard fans of this series ( COD ).... so SOB : sorry mate.... Cheers, HAMMER

I hate that I started this topic as it seems to be having the opposite effect I think is important here at XI which is community and fun, the glue that has held this place together since it's inception and what drew me here in the first plce. I want to appologize for creating the opposite by whinning about this map as I was basically just venting my frustrations about this map being very difficult for me and my game-playing style ( which is pretty weak right now because of my 2 year absence ) . I also want to appologize to SOB for the personal attack which was totally un-called for as everyone here has a right to their opinion and I am confident that he knows what he's talking about, as he's been playing as long as the reat of us die-hard fans of this series ( COD ).... so SOB : sorry mate.... Cheers, HAMMER

Hey m8 there is no problem between me and you, we have some pretty bad maps in there at the moment, just thought i would mention some of the others too lol :thumbsup:

PS  hope you get that key packets thing sorted out, i just got in BFBC2 this afternoon lol its fate i think.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  503
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  181
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  2461
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Achievement Points:  15555
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks Sammy, it might be the first map I've ever used night vision on and didn't realize.

Pinglo I hate to tell you this but FORLORN (sp) is the BEST MAP EVER!  :harhar:

HT,  when people start bitching in the server about a particular map (and this is one of them) the admins always tell us to post on the forums that we would like a map removed so you

shouldn't worry about it and welcome back btw.

and SOB noooooooooooo I really like Freedom Bridge (well the curbs are kind of a pain but nothing is perfect lol)  :air_kiss:

Edited by Belle

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11887
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106491
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Map rotation will be updated on a server restart, any admin that sees this please restart the server when possible and post here when its done so we don't restart the server 15 times

• Member ID:  96
  • Followers:  107
  • Topic Count:  1048
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  8813
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Achievement Points:  62182
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/30/1954

Map rotation will be updated on a server restart, any admin that sees this please restart the server when possible and post here when its done so we don't restart the server 15 times

down loader updated also

Cheers Beers  :cheers:

• Member ID:  2905
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2190
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  18662
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/26/1977

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu sooooooooooooooo much :laughing::unworthy:

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

freedom bridge is good map dont know why everyone has problem with the curb i dont...

• Member ID:  22349
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  766
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  4612

i for myself hate the colours and the brightness/darkness of that map (had to write down the name so i know now what map u r talking about ;) )

what do u think?

Everyone knows cats are color blind

Thx SOB. btw, I uninstalled the game and now have re-intalled. The one thing I never thought of was patches.... I think I still had the old patch file on my hard drive and so it took a while for the game to catch up or one of the new patch fixes happened which started the packet losing issue. I'm going to re-patch thu the latest which is 1.7.... just looking for a safe place to download from seeings how most sites try to plant trojans with the down load..... bastards... :coffee: