Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

7/25/12 The Newest Cod4 Mw2 Freezetag Mod Is Up, Please Test Out For Us

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11881
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106472
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  Windows

The newest MW2 Mod from Sammy is now up and ready for testing on the Chicago server, please get over there and test it out for us so we can work out any bugs that pop up. Please leave all feedback here. Thank you

68.232.176.207:28960 >XI< MW2 Chicago Freezetag Beta

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Thx to all for testing things out. If anyone wants a short diversion from freezetag for a few rounds this server has Sabotage set up with small to medium maps. 1/2 stock 1/2 custom. Slightly different build for the mod so if you would like to try it dont copy/paste any files.

68.232.176.200:28960

rotation: Dahar, Bloc, Hangar Return, Bog, Invasion, Convoy, Terminal, Countdown, Pic, Creek, ShipmentX2, Vacant, Crash Snow

edit: took out the stock maps. added (all small to medium):

HHK Ballroom, Stream, Launas, Blue RDC, First, RVS Streets, Silo5, PB Vantive.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  490
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  446
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  3309
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1973

Awesome,ill be checkinn it out for sure...good work on keeping things fresh guys!!!!

• Member ID:  1719
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1982
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  12060
  • Birthday:  04/03/1981

here we go :thumbsup:

• Member ID:  2774
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1172
  • Birthday:  05/04/1978

well nice to see the snipers still not tweeked yet still takes me scoped in almost 2 clips to hit a non moveing player lol.

but otherwise looks pretty good

Edited by terracyrax

Awards

If it takes you two clips to hit a stationary player then that is something else entirely. But if you mean difficulty of hitting a target at mid to long ranges two things to consider. These rifles are standard... meaning they have sway and are not LR... by popular demand and act normally. Hit detection etc is entirely game controlled and I could not change that if I tried. One of the cod4 updates hard coded the hit boxes into the game engine because of hackers, which unfortunately made it harder for modders when the need for a custom one came around. The second is that cod4 sniper rifles have been a little bugged from the day of release. No-sway helps that but as I said the majority of players wanted sway put back so I did. :welcome:

• Member ID:  632
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1762
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  18213
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  07/30/1977

the sway really gets in the way of looking for other snipers on the other team. could really do with out it. just my opinion.

Admin decision of course so they would be the ones to talk to. But if that is what they want I can certainly make the change in the mod. For the record, I prefer the no-sway. But I also prefer the LR even tho it cant shoot through window glass. Especially on some of the bigger maps on the servers. ;%29.gif

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11881
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106472
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Sammy take out the sway and lets see how it goes. Thank you

How about a deal... I will make these changes if I see the Chicago server have some decent traffic and not flatlined?

Nah I digress. Will get it done soon as I can. ;%29.gif

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

no one been playing on it cause no one liked it because of the changes to aug and other changes that were made thats the buzz talk ive heard on it...now people want it back the way the old chicago server use to be...just fyi...also no bushmaster on it..everyone wants to know bout that gun as well

Edited by CobraBites

Wow. No changes to the Steyr other than a different model so it could be used as a combo model with the hbar variant so I dont know what that means. The ACR has been unbalanced for some time and we discussed what to do about it. I dont wish to sound rude but if this one weapon overrides all the other things... fix this and fix that... to the point that someone wont even play it then that alone should be enough to say it was not good for the game.

Just to add... we have had multiple requests for returning a 3-shot weapon back to the mod and the ACR was the most logical choice for a variety of reasons.

no one been playing on it cause no one liked it because of the changes to aug and other changes that were made thats the buzz talk ive heard on it...now people want it back the way the old chicago server use to be.

i agree with that. i loved the server just the way it was. lots of others do to.

• Member ID:  1270
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3862
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  34164
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  04/12/1969

Wow. No changes to the Steyr other than a different model so it could be used as a combo model with the hbar variant so I dont know what that means. The ACR has been unbalanced for some time and we discussed what to do about it. I dont wish to sound rude but if this one weapon overrides all the other things... fix this and fix that... to the point that someone wont even play it then that alone should be enough to say it was not good for the game.

Just to add... we have had multiple requests for returning a 3-shot weapon back to the mod and the ACR was the most logical choice for a variety of reasons.

is changing the AUG.... rarely shoot...and no power range...Scar is now the best gun..in Chicago server... :)))

I like New York server..best mode ever...and best ping ever for me and europeans players..

Edited by google

• Member ID:  1443
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

no one been playing on it cause no one liked it because of the changes to aug and other changes that were made thats the buzz talk ive heard on it...now people want it back the way the old chicago server use to be...just fyi...also no bushmaster on it..everyone wants to know bout that gun as well

agreed. the AUG is useless now. you just made the gun that most people love to use obsolete. and people miss the bushmaster too.

and like google said, the aug as no aim, no power, no range.

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Most people only used the Aug because it was easy to kill with in the last mod, a couple of mods back everyone was using the Famas, so just find another weapon, i'm sure another one will be as good as the Aug was/is now. We keep saying "put this or that back to the way it was in the other mod" or "the other mod was better" if we did that nothing would change, the whole point of putting it on test is to see what works and what don't work and that's why we are posting here, we are at the stage where we are now because things are being tweaked, if you don't want things to change we can all go back and play the ftag1 server, this was the original ftag mod, if we did not change things you would all still be playing that.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  2184
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1743
  • Birthday:  09/04/1975

SOB, I must be one of your exceptions because I used the AUG because it is the first weapon and the model doesn't take up most of the screen when sited up. Many of the models (especially on Chicago) make it difficult to see other movement when sited.

On Chigago: I don't know if it is the server or the mod but I had significant issues killing folks regardless of weapons/specs. It very well could just be my being used to the previous models and a need to adapt to the new mod.

My personal opinion is that I love the NY Beta mod with two exceptions: I abhor the RC-jamming and we need to dump a big box of arab bones into the server.

It is true of cod in general, mods or not, that people just love their OP weapons and do not think there is anything wrong with them. Always been that way. Also why... Sanya reminded me this morning when we talked about the Steyr... that several stock weapons are simply taken out of Promod and others like it. They are just too unbalanced and bad for gameplay. Mod weapons are not always right the first time either. OW2 is certainly not Promod in any way but game balance always comes first. Not any particular weapon.

Oh... and I hated the Famas. Not that it was a bad weapon. Just that it was way too big for the screen.

• Member ID:  1032
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4179
  • Birthday:  10/08/1984

played new mod, quite like it. I think this is the end stage of this modding.

What's the full list of changes?

new steyr is actually ok. not as good as old steyr but killed quite easily across highrise map so range and power ok imo. does seem to shoot a bit more side to side when running. If u say the only difference is just the model then fair enuff. gun feels a bit wierd tho. prefer old steyr model.dont like the sound new one makes when someone else is shooting it.

bullet hole on screen when u get shot is ok.

cant use streak in mid air is quite interesting, fine with that

old crossbow back is good.

how do the weapons get booby-trapped?

u mentioned acr being replaced by a 3-shot, didnt see a 3-shot in weapon selection.

after getting the last kill on a round, at the start of the next round the name of the player i killed appears top right of my screen for some reason but only the first third of theit name.

can u shoot the cars in this 1 instead of needing eavesdrop?

if its easy to shoot car maybe reduce noise it makes so harder to figure out where it is? we got airstrike artillery n massive guns firing but evry1 can hear a remote car.

can we have green smoke instead of purple/pink ( i like green:) consistent with poison gas colour, like purple

the loud timer on semtex nade quite annoying, maybe just 1 noise when it sticks to something?

increased starting ammo on bolt sniper rifles, wa1200 u get 100 with that 1 and only 15-20 with bolt

Spas-12 pump action pls u 'ave to get rid of reload action, takes far too long. looks good plays crap, original winc'ester or double barrel pls

Pls keep final mod version on new york server, improves all european players ping greater than diminishes some americans.

our new york beta server is far superior to previous ones imo, ur work is very much appreciated at creating one of the best mods on of the best shooting games, much props much love %29.gif

Edited by JAH

i ve also noticed the aim on stery is bit off as well....even scoped up...still think bushmaster should be added tho people like that one think bushmaster and aug are the 2 top favorite weapons on mw2...i also agree with the famas tho it was too big for screen..

Well lets see....

- Some Steyr animations were redone so that is likely part of it. You are correct it is not the only change. A couple state timers also tweaked a little. Things like raise time after sprint or weapon switching etc. But nothing about damage, range, accuracy. Apologies if I was a little vague about that.

- The streak in midair thing was done because of people getting stuck in game geometry. To activate RC etc you must be either crouched or standing and there must be enough room above your head. Only way to fix that because the game does not actually have a function that says 'hey your stuck!' or allow forcing player stance when they are.

- The weapon booby trap has a %10 chance when dropped. Server option and not required. At most the damage it will do is 1/2 of max health.

- 3 shot is standard for ACR.

- The 'player killed' thing remaining on the screen sounds like a bug with the hud element. The only one with the player name should be the first blood message. Is that the one you saw?

- Takes four rounds at mid to close range to kill the RC. Three if you have SP. Servers can raise RC health if desired. With all the grief that damn car has caused me it better work this time. :crazy:

- Tried several ranges for RC sound and this one seemed to be the best balance between distance and making it too easy for a speedy car to sneak up and kill you.

- 'Green' was reserved as a regular smoke option, which is shorter than novagas smoke. If enough people prefer green I can make one up that Rugger can switch out but I will have to test FX limits. Personally tho I like purple.

- The thing about the sniper rifles is that they all have the same base damage at 70 points (m16/ak/g3 have 40). Modifiers will increase that for the .50 in the neck and lower torso areas. Also for the bolt action ones. But in HC servers everything is pretty much one-shot-one-kill so ammo plays a much greater role. Servers can tweak that so the m21 max range is only %70 of the default for example. Suggesting that the .50 has a longer reach. Or damage can be decreased. Admins... time to get together and decide what to do especially for the no-sway rifles that the sniper players want. ;%29.gif

edit: Just to be sure I will go through the Steyr to see if anything looks unusual before finalizing the iwds. I must be honest and say that things do get missed and I sometimes have modding in my dreams. Or should I say nightmares. ;%29.gif

• Member ID:  1032
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  614
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4179
  • Birthday:  10/08/1984

sniper rifles r fine, keep sway. just ppl used to promod. sniper rifles r good, dont change em. got 19-1 first time out with 50 cal.

it is the first blood message. only see a 3rd of it and it stays whole round rather than say 10 seconds.

u mentioned earlier ACR unbalanced. i was unaware of this. no one in-game has any issue with it. there is also no replacement for it currently in mod. u said 3 shot is standard but first weapon available is AK

smoke is personal preference, don't mind

car's fine

pls bring back old sound for steyr and mp5 if u can, they just sound wrong.

Spas shotgun regarding bringing back old shotgun or double barrel cos reload effect too long?

Ty for ur time %29.gif

Edited by JAH

so what bout the bushmaster its not on the mod yet?

so what bout the bushmaster its not on the mod yet?

oh and to hell with the sway lets get it gone like the boss said and give that a try.