Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Bubble Trouble/ Mw2

• Member ID:  101
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

First of all..Thank you very much Sammy for the work you do here..NOW!!!!!.. :whistle:

Having some issues with over sizes bubble..It seems that when you get to 80 percent done thawing some one it stops ,and you have to adjust scope again to finnish them off...that precious second could mean a thaw or a kill..

Also there is a time delay in shooting somewhere..Meaning..Got shot other day and I kept pressing firing button after he shot me, My character was  frozen ,but, it still took 2 shots and Yes, it kill other player with ahead shot..

Just thought I let you know..

Thxs again ..

Edited by Unchileno

Lol..duc ..I am trying to put eighty percent and it keeps putting face 80...Lol..

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

You can defrost either by hitting the player or the iceberg. Before it was the player only. The ice was for show only. I suppose the reason it was 'easier' in the past was that you were forced to be dead center or it wouldnt work at all. I dont understand that second part. If he shot you then you are dead. No way you can fire.

Sammy. It happen...The players name was Oliver if he sees this.. Yes I took him out with 1 shot..

I would have to see it in action to get an idea of what the problem could be. No vid of it I suppose?

• Member ID:  49
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  835
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  11411
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

I have had the same thing happen.you kill them and they kill you at the same time!

You mean like a double KO? Well, yea. This is not new with the game. I am looking at whether or not one person or the other is doing this at the moment a player is respawned frozen. After all the 'death' stuff is done.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5095
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Achievement Points:  44702
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Ya I respawned frozen a couple times last night after being shot while I was being defrosted.

And another thing Alot of bubble camping is going on now because you cant shoot through ANY frozen people.It's like a big ass Ice shield for campers to camp behind.Can we make it so we can shoot through the frozen people Please?

Grenades,tubes,RPGs and car explosions dont even penetrate the ((invincibility shield) that's what I have been calling it lately).

Ya I respawned frozen a couple times last night after being shot while I was being defrosted.

And another thing Alot of bubble camping is going on now because you cant shoot through ANY frozen people.It's like a big ass Ice shield for campers to camp behind.Can we make it so we can shoot through the frozen people Please?

Grenades,tubes,RPGs and car explosions dont even penetrate the ((invincibility shield) that's what I have been calling it lately).

I threw a nade at a guy hiding in some ones bubble..nothing, threw 2 c4 bags right at bubble..nothing..walk right up to bubble and guy..knifed him twice. nothing,  he stepped from the guys bubble and shot me..WTF!!!

I dont think anyone should be able to hide inside the bubble itself and shoot outside of it. But if this is confirmed to be happening let me know.

I dont think anyone should be able to hide inside the bubble itself and shoot outside of it. But if this is confirmed to be happening let me know.

Once again it's HAPPENING, Now you know.

Edited by Unchileno

• Member ID:  79
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3396
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  29771
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977

Yeah i agree they use it as shield very annoying. I have a question over the car jammer it doesn't prevent you from being killed by a car, isn't there a  way to just don't get blown to pieces when you use it, because if you think about it they will keep hunt you down till the time runs out and it still kills you, i personally think it is very unfair not really helpfull perk then. 

• Member ID:  5468
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  674
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6446
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/22/1965

Yeah i agree they use it as shield very annoying. I have a question over the car jammer it doesn't prevent you from being killed by a car, isn't there a  way to just don't get blown to pieces when you use it, because if you think about it they will keep hunt you down till the time runs out and it still kills you, i personally think it is very unfair not really helpfull perk then. 

I am guilty of following an individual who is protected by car jammer until the timer runs out. 

I am guilty of following an individual who is protected by car jammer until the timer runs out. 

I like to call it fishing..Give them a little  line and sense of freedom then BOOOOOM!!!   Baby!!!!!  :whistle:

Almost forgot..You can NOT thaw some one if enemy is frozen between you and team m8..

• Member ID:  1450
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1210
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7995
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/02/1997
  • Device:  Linux

I've also had a lot of trouble with the defrosting in the new mod. Once someone is around 80 % defrosted, I'll have to move around and re-adjust my aim. It's rather annoying. I understand the reasoning behind the defrosting and making it more difficult but its more annoying than anything. 

Edited by Rascal

1: The jammer is a good opportunity to disable the car with emp since when he gets close he cannot blow himself up. The internal timer is no different than a grenade but obviously an electronic timer. Pull the pin so to speak and the timer starts. I tried three or four different kinds of jamming and this way is the most balanced for both the player and the RC. Sure he can follow you around and maybe get a single kill, or go elsewhere and try for two or three. No consolation to the dead player of course. :lol:

2: Having to readjust your aim sometimes is normal. Before you had to center directly on the player. Now you dont, if you so choose. So if you like the way it was before then do it that way and stick your sight on the player only and keep it there. As I said in the past the ability for easier defrosting took priority. This is especially true for weapons with higher sway. Most certainly any acog sights.

3: You never could defrost if an enemy is standing in the way on any ftag mod. Makes no sense that a beam should pass right through a solid player. For the technically minded, ftag mods do what is known as a 'bullettrace' that shoots a straight line from your gun in the direction you are looking at. It checks to see if the trace hits anything. If so a variety of information is sent back such as the entity hit (player or object), what kind of surface material, exact location in world space where it hit, direction normal to see which way the polygon at that spot is facing, and one or two other things. Helicopters use this to check if it can see you. Also things like sentryguns. Airstrikes use this to see where the cluster bombs hit. Also, for this to work with things like the bubble collision must be added otherwise it is invisible to the trace. Thus you could shoot enemies behind hit. To account for partial bubbles that only cover part of the player the trace looks for hits to the frozen player and the bubble he 'owns'.

4: The the firing of weapons, the only thing I can think of would require split second timing between respawn (after the death function are complete) and freezing where you can shoot a weapon but it might be possible. I have never seen that in testing but will look into it. But if this is the case I will do a couple script changes that should take care of it. However I have to make sure frozen players still drop their weapons.

5: If people are able to hide 'inside' a bubble then no that shouldnt be happening. If so there are a couple things I can try. But... this is not the same as hiding 'behind' a bubble but outside of it. Which they should be able to.

edit to above: To clarify: The beam is from the player 'eye' in world space not the gun. From the player view however it looks like its coming from the gun, which is just for show. So in a sense you are not defrosting with a gun but with laser beam eyes like Superman.

`

edit to above: To clarify: The beam is from the player 'eye' in world space not the gun. From the player view however it looks like its coming from the gun, which is just for show. So in a sense you are not defrosting with a gun but with laser beam eyes like Superman.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

5383ba0759274_download5.jpg

Ok I popped in for a quick round and yes the bubble needs to be fixed, or something else to compensate, so that you cannot hide inside of it. I would like to do something that doesnt require uploading a new ff and just a script addition but I will see what I can do. It would be a bit of a kluge for now but maybe a distance scan that if you are too close to a frozen enemy player you have five seconds to move or you will blow up. Shouldnt matter with friendlies since you are defrosting anyways. Maybe give credit for the kill to the frozen player. Say the same distance as it required for a friendly to defrost via proximity.

I didnt notice a defrosting problem but must keep in mind that if you are at a distance you might be defrosting via the bubble not the player. If the bubble, and you are hitting the side of it not the center, eventually as it shrinks the beam will not be hitting it. Requiring you to readjust your aim a little bit to make or more on the smaller bubble or the player. Previously it was only the player and thus a smaller target. So really no different than trying to shoot the helicopter vs something the size of an RC.

As a test, I used the same proximity checks that are done for friendlies and thawing. Usually enemies are simply ignored. Instead it starts a timer. Currently 5 seconds. You either vacate the area around the player or you are suicided. Nobody gets a credit for a kill and its no different than if you naded yourself. If you leave the area the timer is cleared. So you can move outside of the player area and back in. Like the anti-camping checks or being underwater. But you will expose yourself if you do. Since its a script addition I can just upload that and restart the server with no downloads needed. Not an elegant solution but good enough?

As a test, I used the same proximity checks that are done for friendlies and thawing. Usually enemies are simply ignored. Instead it starts a timer. Currently 5 seconds. You either vacate the area around the player or you are suicided. Nobody gets a credit for a kill and its no different than if you naded yourself. If you leave the area the timer is cleared. So you can move outside of the player area and back in. Like the anti-camping checks or being underwater. But you will expose yourself if you do. Since its a script addition I can just upload that and restart the server with no downloads needed. Not an elegant solution but good enough?

Thank you..

Had a better idea this morning. Its more fair to enemies since it doesnt actually damage them and there is no need for a delay. The bubbles will be radioactive. Move too close and you immediately feel the shock effects like you would with the mininuke. Also no need for a message. Players will learn soon enough to stay away.

edit: Ok the new ftag script doesnt seem to be giving me any problems so uploaded it to the server. Next server quit+restart should reflect the changes.

Edited by Sammy

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

well now the mod is screwy for sure....cause now when u die u respawn with no guns at all and cant knife u only get nade and the special ones...(smoke. gas and such)

• Member ID:  1443
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2299
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Achievement Points:  17866
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  02/19/1987

well now the mod is screwy for sure....cause now when u die u respawn with no guns at all and cant knife u only get nade and the special ones...(smoke. gas and such)

nade fest!!!