Jump to content
XtremeIdiots
JohnnyDos

July 1st. Canada Day:Here are the ways Canada is indisputably better than the United States

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, JohnnyDos said:

But we won the NBA and basketball was invented by a Canadian.But The game of basketball as it is known today was created by Dr. James Naismith in December 1891 in Springfield, Massachusetts, to condition young athletes during cold months. It consisted of peach baskets and a soccer style ball.

Was basketball invented in Canada?
Basketball was invented in 1891 by the Canadian physical instructor James Naismith. He was born in Almonte, Ontario in Canada on November 6, 1861

You got me but....

Sure he was Canadian born but all of his own success happened in America.  All of his college degrees were in American Universities.  His wives were American. His fans were American. His money earned was American. He even became an American Citizen.  His sport  and it's success was strictly American.  Only thing Canadian about him was his birthplace.  America provided him the opportunity and success to be who he was. Otherwise he never would have left Canada, eh? There are many famous immigrants that came to America and invented things, Einstein and Tesla most notably.  Just because you were born somewhere, home is actually where you hang your hat.  Which is why Canada is America's hat. Canada hangs it's hat on the head of the world's largest economy. :)

Oh, and as far as the Raptors go, 3/4 of the players on the team are American. The one Canadian is on their practice squad essentially.  He didn't even play in the Finals. Go Canada!

Now if we could only get some more Tim Hortons down here, that would be nice.  Only one in VA, too bad so sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, JohnnyDos said:

Here are the ways Canada is indisputably better than the United States

Must be because of the greater French influence... Waiting for answers :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Raisin said:

Sure he was Canadian born but all of his own success happened in America.  All of his college degrees were in American Universities.  His wives were American. His fans were American. His money earned was American. He even became an American Citizen.  His sport  and it's success was strictly American.  Only thing Canadian about him was his birthplace.  America provided him the opportunity and success to be who he was. Otherwise he never would have left Canada, eh? There are many famous immigrants that came to America and invented things, Einstein and Tesla most notably.  Just because you were born somewhere, home is actually where you hang your hat.  Which is why Canada is America's hat. Canada hangs it's hat on the head of the world's largest economy. :)

Oh, and as far as the Raptors go, 3/4 of the players on the team are American. The one Canadian is on their practice squad essentially.  He didn't even play in the Finals. Go Canada!

Now if we could only get some more Tim Hortons down here, that would be nice.  Only one in VA, too bad so sad.

I have a few members in my family who were asked to move to several parts of the US by the US for specific employment skills.

There are a lot of Canadian nurses down there that were specifically hired because Canadian education is on a higher level and they do not experience burn out.

We also have Americans who came to Canada to experience the real term of living free. LOL

Do not quote me on this but I have read that the state of New York has more people in it than all of Canada.

Actually the US looks up at Canada's ass 24/7 and kisses our asses  💋  LOL

Oh oh you went there with the US Rapture player eh? LOL Do your homework concerning Canadian hockey players and how we out number American players on a huge scale. I had a friend who played for Buffalo Sabres. I know that 9 out of 10 if not all 10 never gave up their Canadian citizenship. That goes for all Canadians living in the US.

You can have Tim Horton's. Since an American company took it over it has gone to shit. Donuts are half the size they used to be and are frozen. They taste freezer burned. I haven't been in a Tim Horton's for probably 10 years.

Tim Horton is probably rolling in his grave since it was sold to Americans. He said 2 things when he started the chain, there will never be one in Toronto or across the border because he wanted it to be purely Canadian. The asshole Ron Joyce stole it from Mrs Horton during Tim's funeral and the rest his history.  Little did Tim know that down the road his daughter would marry Ron's son LOL

At the end of the day Canadian and American citizens should stand together united. We are the people of our countries. We say what we want, where we want to be, with whom we want to be with and when we want. 

The only issues we all have is how our government is trying to put us all against each other and it is up to all of us not to let that happen. Right?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Angelz said:

Oh oh you went there with the US Rapture player eh? LOL Do your homework concerning Canadian hockey players and how we out number American players on a huge scale. I had a friend who played for Buffalo Sabres. I know that 9 out of 10 if not all 10 never gave up their Canadian citizenship. That goes for all Canadians living in the US.

Trust me, I'm completely aware of the ratio of US/Canadian players. It should be that way. Hockey is Canada's jam. 

I'm a Pens fan.  Crosby is the man! He feeds to puck to U.S. born Guentzel all year long.  :)

 

I loved your post Angelz.  

 

"That's all the media and the politicians are ever talking about, the things that separate us, things that make us different from one another. That's the way the ruling class operates in any society. They try to divide the rest of the people. They keep the lower and the middle classes fighting with each other so that they the rich, can run off with all the f---ing money. Fairly simple thing. Happens to work. You know, anything different, thats what they gonna talk about. Race, religion, ethnic and national backgrounds, jobs, income, education, social status, sexuality. Anything they can do, keep us fighting with each other so that they can keep going to the bank. You know how I describe the economic and social classes in this country? The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there just to scare the sh-- out of the middle class. Keep them showing up at those jobs."

George Carlin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Sixgun said:

Lets not get me started about the french. 

Are you French? It is not possible to know it from your profile... If it is the case, you should complete it to show how proud you are to be (and u would be right) :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2019 at 12:56 PM, RobMc said:

??? I'm designing 'Rebel' merchandise now, should be a rich man when you're all dead, for the following I have already sold the franchises to my Canadian backers :-

The battle of Pea soup ridge, with a pinch of mint

The battle of Red Bull run

The battle of Shy Lawd

The Gettysburg address (104 Pennsylvania Avenue)

(T shirts) 'We'll fight them sir 'till Hell freezes over, then we'll fry them with rice'

Little plastic souvenirs of EC wrestling a rattlesnake

Why do the EC souvenirs have to be plastic? I think 7075 aluminum would suffice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2019 at 12:25 AM, AyaqGuyaq said:

Yeah, @RobMc, "bro-man," it's like Rodney King said, between baton-whacks:  "Can't we all just get along?!!!?"

Life is way to short to spend dis-liking others and being "vile."

Gotta smell the roses, appreciate oxygen, Thank-God for urinals, etc., etc.

Amen?

Ayaq

Rodney got along well with the pavement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we all agree that both countries have issues?? Canada more than the USA (HAHA), but hey, this is what makes the world got around. If we all thought the same and acted the same, this would be a very boring place. While i agree more so with Harry, I think keeping this less political (As most of the leftist start a temper tantrum, Not saying i am more on the right, just noting the temperature  - referencing the news channels.)  Great to debate, but everyone has their own vantage point.  All great points.   Now lets get back in the game and kill each other..  lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Poppyseed said:

Can we all agree that both countries have issues?? Canada more than the USA (HAHA), but hey, this is what makes the world got around. If we all thought the same and acted the same, this would be a very boring place. While i agree more so with Harry, I think keeping this less political (As most of the leftist start a temper tantrum, Not saying i am more on the right, just noting the temperature  - referencing the news channels.)  Great to debate, but everyone has their own vantage point.  All great points.   Now lets get back in the game and kill each other..  lol

 

Yeah, I heard that our World has been "getting around . . ."

Lol.

Poor Mother Earth--I'm sorry that we take you for granted.

Ayaq, aka "Paul"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AyaqGuyaq said:

@EastCoast50 could suck the brass offuva door-knob, @RobMc, whud you say?!

Buddy, you have to speak "English," no comprende Espanole, si?

Por favor?

El Mas Loco?

Si!!

Ayaq

 

We speak English in the United States. So, there's that ...

As for brass and door knobs, the only thing shiny around here is Rob's knob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, EastCoast50 said:

the only thing shiny around here is Rob's knob.

Dear sir, unfortunately no longer true, it has a patina of corrosion nowadays I'm afraid, although I do attempt to rub it off on occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, RobMc said:

Dear sir, unfortunately no longer true, it has a patina of corrosion nowadays I'm afraid, although I do attempt to rub it off on occasion.

LMFAO, buddy!!!

That's the word for today:  "Patina."

E.g., "Rob's Knob doesn't need a new paint job:  It just needs a buffing and clear-gloss coat to accentuate its "patina."

Hmm?

Ayaq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would you think Johnny if I sat here used my Opinion to list the many ways the USA is Better than Canada and Talk negatively about your Prime Minister Trudeau?

You would deem me a Hater...

Please, move on with your life and pursue your happiness rather than wasting your breath...

Have a Taste of Jordan Peterson and find happiness instead of dwelling on our differences...

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

What would you think Johnny if I sat here used my Opinion to list the many ways the USA is Better than Canada and Talk negatively about your Prime Minister Trudeau?

You would deem me a Hater...

Please, move on with your life and pursue your happiness rather than wasting your breath...

Have a Taste of Jordan Peterson and find happiness instead of dwelling on our differences...

😉

 

55fa137e903c3_smileyfinger.gif.pagespeed.ce.UaGNYOAlDf.gif

55fa137e903c3_smileyfinger.gif.pagespeed.ce.UaGNYOAlDf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...