Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Black OPS Disappointment

JohnnyDos

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  47

Some reasons why people are dissapointed with this game(FROM COD UTILITY)

posticon.gifPosted on 11/10/10 11:33   quote.gif
Dissappointed
Its like watching the ad for a new movie before u see it and when u do the imagination from what u got from the ad is better than the movie. 1st reason it aint good to me is that STEAM is the "Dictatory" of the game. Unlike Cod4 map making and community share flurished.Not here its like going to communism "You will do this". You have to have a online account with steam to play single or any part of the game (sad for them). Plus the graphics kinda looks like Farcry2 on steroids. Just the concept of "You must go here to play ruined the freedom of the game".

posticon.gifPosted on 11/10/10 21:11   quote.gif
RE : Dissappointed
I just got it, haven't played it yet. Steam controlled, this is something that will not change, Read the Privacy agreement of Steam, They make extra money off of watching what you play, for how long,etc,etc. Unranked servers are still here though so modded maps are still possible, Mods might not be so easy, still hard to say what they will actually do.

posticon.gifPosted on 11/13/10 23:12   quote.gif
These maps are too congested and the spawns are the worse that I have ever seen. You have to play ranked servers and rank up in order to have the same weapons in un-ranked (go figure).

posticon.gifPosted on 11/15/10 03:26   quote.gif
BlackOps total sales todate: $355,400,000
Blackops on PC 1,400,000 copies
PC's that could not run due to hardware 340,000

Players that trashed the game (laggy servers..etc) 86,000
Players banned already 1250
Players who have asked for their money back 108,200
Players that have got their purchase money back Zero
Players that will not by another Activision game 65,500
Players that will not by another Treyarch game 14,900
Players that will not be buying upcoming DLC 45,600
Players that are going back to COD4 69,000
Players that are going back to some game other than COD 17,300
Players that hate RANKED Blackops servers 74 %
Players that hate UNRANKED Blackops servers 62 %
Players who dislike STEAM 88 %
Players who won't play single player game 39 %

Players who had no trouble installing Blackops, no trouble running Blackops, no problems with laggy servers, found the game exciting and best they ever played 2%

posticon.gifPosted today, 02:36   quote.gif
I've had time to play the game now. This is a big disappointment to me. First, the 18 player limit is the biggest part of it. This doesn't even feel like a cod game anymore. if this is what MW2 is like I'm glad I skipped it. Multiplayer is just like warrock, nothing seems smooth. I know they will patch, but I don't think it will ever be right like it was in old COD titles. This is a shame. The money system, NOT A FAN. This will only bring in the "pay to play" BS next version, just watchwink.gif

The Single player is very fancy, best way to describe it. not the best but not bad at all. a little straight forward, lots of pretty to distract you. This is were the strength is for COD now, multiplayer is an Xbox focused mess. I know a lot of peeps might disagree but think about the fact that this is the biggest seller EVER. That said do they not have the resources to give the game at least what earlier version have? I said before that treyarch made my fav COD title, still true. Sadly it's still COD World at War. But really the OLD IW team still holds the gold with COD4. Hope it never dies, and maybe reminds them of what they can do.

Sorry no cheese served with this whine

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

But it's true, i said yesterday cod4 is still the best call of duty out, i see 69,000 already gone back to cod4 i see more in the future just like with mw2 when all the hype and excitement dies down people will realise where they enjoy themselves most.Yell

• Member ID:  1924
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1012
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Achievement Points:  5864
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/30/1973

Our >XI< people don't talk much using in-game chat while playing BO compared to other games...coincidence? Because the game itself is one thing, the "friendly-social" aspect is another...

• Member ID:  1
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1909
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Achievement Points:  11489
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1975

With COD4 they hit the nail on the head, a performance driven game that is easilly customisable, no bullshit gamers lounge, no stupid matchmaking, truly dedicated servers where the server operator has total control over all aspects of the server, a generally fun and clan driven game,

Until they realise that people will never be happy paying for a server where the software authors retain a certain amount of control over it they will never match the popularity of COD4, or COD2 for that matter, even COD2 and the fact that we still have servers with regular players 5 years after the release of the game is a testament to the true dedicated server setup

• Member ID:  489
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  548
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4673
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Achievement Points:  41101
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

Hate to sound like a dodgey olde pharte, but I hated steam the first time I installed MW2. Look @ my xfire playlist for hours of gametime. I play for the camaraderie & fun. When Valve & Steam dictate what & where I can play.....fuck yourself sideways corporate boys. Santa said BO will be under the tree, but I'm certainly in no hurry.

cplmofo even when people do chat to each other (me and johnnydos just been in ffa) your voice is lost when you get killed so the conversation drys up immediately, unless both of you are killed then you can still talk...talk about fucked upYell

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11

Sonovabich
cplmofo even when people do chat to each other (me and johnnydos just been in ffa) your voice is lost when you get killed so the conversation drys up immediately, unless both of you are killed then you can still talk...talk about fucked upYell

Unlike CoD WaW, when someone speaks, there's no identifier on the screen.  So, unless it's Beers with his trademark laugh, Chile with the trademark war cry, scream and laugh, or a few of my fellow Brits whose voices I know, I can't tell who's talking.  A small omission by them with a major effect.

• Member ID:  607
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  75
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3343
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  33797
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  09/16/1966

I must admit I do like the game in principle love the way we can customise almost anything from face paint to your weapon.. I also love some of the new weapons.

BUT......Steam is a complete fuck up, the game keeps crashing, no interaction with other players, lags like hell and I have never seen so many bloody Hacks in one game its crazy.

IN MY OPPINION A COMPLETE WASTE OF MY MONEY WHICH MAKES ME SO SAD BECAUSE IT DOES HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO BE A GREAT GAME........

Now I will continue to play it when I can get it working because as I said there are elements of the game I do love but I will still be playing my fave game COD4 MORE AND MORE.......

• Member ID:  715
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2178
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16606
  • Birthday:  11/04/1943

Change "Players who got their purchase money back - zero" to at least  One.

Mine was returned to Gamestop and money refunded with no problems.

In talking to the store personnel it seems quite a few have been returned.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well they accommodated me.

In fact I walked out to the car, cash in hand, and then turned around and walked back in and bought MoH LE.

• Member ID:  721
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1516
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

you guys need to realize one thing .. game just got released .. of course theres bug .. every other Cod series game went thru tons of patches beffore you could complete enjoy the game ... issues for some ppl, smooth game runing for others .. as far as im concerned they are fixing the dman thing as we speak.  i for exsample had NO issues with the game ... it runs smooth .. the only thing i get is server side lag .. thats it. so i am not sure what are you guys doing with steam or your game but theres nothing wrong with it. like i said wait for the patches beffore you lose the hype .. its a great game just has some issues for some ppl that needs to ne fixed.

now about steam .. its the most awesome thing ever well after xfire of course .. automated game updates,  easy community options and thse are just two easy to use options in steam .. its great when u get used to it ... i've been using it since it game out with Counter Strike i believe, well i got it then anyway ... its very simple and looks good too.

• Member ID:  266
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  3852
  • Birthday:  11/16/1964

congratshappyanniversaryjpg-300x240.jpg

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  41340
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992

If anyone doesn't want the game.. I wouldn't mind having their copy xD

Yes Evool but steam was'nt fucking things up in the other call of duty games it will improve but not enough to put it alongside cod 2 cod 4 and even cod 5

• Member ID:  112
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  6975
  • Birthday:  10/09/1960

Steam is not at fault for anything here. All the issues that have been going on are with the game NOT STEAM.

• Member ID:  839
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1334
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Achievement Points:  7776
  • Birthday:  07/17/1958

Nicely said Tball. Steam actually helps the game. You get automatic updates. You don't have to go find a patch to fix the game. If it is set up right then there shouldn't be a problem. I had some lag the first couple of days but after that there wasn't any at all, and I have an average computer. All of the problems were with the game and they had to use steam in order to fix them.

There will always be some aspects of any game that people don't like. COD2 is a good game, but I have a hard time playing cartoons. I have to admit COD4 is really great, but I got used to playing COD5 and as such I don't play COD4 much. COD5 had better graphics. As well as Black Ops has far better graphics. It all comes down to most people like to have things the same. Give Black Ops a chance, it has only been out 9 days. You can't expect to just jump right in and have no problems. Sure there will be things that you are used to that Black Ops don't have, but that happens with anything that you buy. Even something as simple as a coffee maker. There will be more bugs to fix, hell that's life.

This is the biggest selling game of all time. You can't expect to keep everybody happy. And the numbers don't add up. What is that some government thing that we are supposed to beleive.

Give Black Ops a chance, the concept is great and it will prove itself. Put the Steam distraction out of your mind and play. Thats what it is for isn't, just play and have fun. Come and shoot me, that seems to be a great pasttime for a lot of you.

• Member ID:  501
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1303
  • Birthday:  06/06/1972

I see downfalls to every game released. I love a lot of the aspects of B.OPS. It suits my tast, it is a challange and as we get more comfortable playing it, more people will chat it up while playing. Often those of us playing are in vent while playing and talk it up there instead of the ingame chat.

Play what you love! That's why we have a variety of servers. Enjoy yourself and connect with those who are playing with you.

Have fun!!!!

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11

evool

you guys need to realize one thing .. game just got released .. of course theres bug .. every other Cod series game went thru tons of patches beffore you could complete enjoy the game ... issues for some ppl, smooth game runing for others .. as far as im concerned they are fixing the dman thing as we speak.  i for exsample had NO issues with the game ... it runs smooth .. the only thing i get is server side lag .. thats it. so i am not sure what are you guys doing with steam or your game but theres nothing wrong with it. like i said wait for the patches beffore you lose the hype .. its a great game just has some issues for some ppl that needs to ne fixed.

now about steam .. its the most awesome thing ever well after xfire of course .. automated game updates,  easy community options and thse are just two easy to use options in steam .. its great when u get used to it ... i've been using it since it game out with Counter Strike i believe, well i got it then anyway ... its very simple and looks good too.

Oh yeah, Steam is just great...  If you have another program supported by it on the same machine as CoD BO, it tries to update that whilst you are in game and crashes friggin' Black Ops!  It is and always has been a heap of crap IMHO.

• Member ID:  1802
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  430
  • Birthday:  05/26/1973

Tball
Steam is not at fault for anything here. All the issues that have been going on are with the game NOT STEAM.

Tell Snafu not to blame steam for anything, he had his steam account hijacked and now he is fucked trying to get back into steam, read his post, i agree steam is good for getting patches to you automatically but i cant think of anything else thats good, why do they feel the need to control everything, Phantom put it perfectly about dedicated servers, and yes fucking Treyarch are to blame too, most of us who got cod5 and had all the problems with that saw this coming, they are just greedy bastards they should get a fucking big fine for releasing a game that was nowhere near ready, i'm reading 10 times more posts slagging this game off then the posts praising it, i hope it gets better and takes off because i really want to like the game, but i have a feeling it could be another mw2.Frown

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11878
  • Content Per Day:  2.21
  • Achievement Points:  106465
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976

Mod tools are in development, this came from a Treyarch employee. The mod tools will tell everything is this will be a MW2 POS or a possible COD4/COD5 type of game.

No ETA on mod tools

• Member ID:  922
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3472
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Achievement Points:  23224
  • Birthday:  10/01/1975

steam got this nice feature of loosing connection when i get high kill/death ratio.

it dc me like 5 times already jsut when i get more than 3.00 KD

it may be just a coincidence, maybe when steam connection is failing, my gameplay is getting better ?

not sure whats going on but at first i kinda like steam, compared to xfire they have nice feature, its smooth and well designed, but just the fact that to play the game u have to connect to a third party organisation is lame, it just add to the possibility of having a bad gaming experience, unlike cod4.

this game couldnt have been fun and nice without the steam obligation, without all the flaws, and all the bugs.

and yea the chat/talk system is messed up also, when u dont know if people can hear you, u dont even want to start talking.

for my part i dont see any chat icon when i press my talk button, so i have no idea if people can hear me, and as nobody answer you, because of the same reason, well it makes it useless

and i also think this game was designed with 'console' in mind, with the terribad spawning system, the unbalanced weapons, the mouse smoothing, the 'no-quickscoping for snipers', they removed everything i loved in cod4.

a few years ago when cod4 was out i could run, rush with only a sniper on any maps, here in BO, its kinda useless loading the sniper takes so many times, its useless, as u get killed in a quarter second by an enemy spawning behind your ass.

the good part is all the customization, all the killstreak stuffs are fun, but it kill what should have been a great game.

now the game IS still FUN most of the time, but i think modders will have hard time fixing all those bad decisions devs make.

i think cod4 is still the best cod with cod2, oh yea i think i will reinstall cod2 

• Member ID:  1802
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  430
  • Birthday:  05/26/1973

Bushape

"Give Black Ops a chance, it has only been out 9 days. You can't expect to just jump right in and have no problems. Sure there will be things that you are used to that Black Ops don't have, but that happens with anything that you buy. " 

While this is true, they could have done a private or public beta test (as was done with MW).  Instead, just as with MW2, they decide that they need to rush to market to get the Holiday Cash Cow rolling.  Where is it written that they HAVE TO PUSH a new COD title EVERY YEAR.

The beta testing process obviously helps to detect and fix a lot of bugs before release.  Somewhere along the way, the devs got into the mindset that the beta is somehow giving the public too much of a preview.  Its as if they are scared the public won't buy the game if they don't like the beta.  So, instead of beta and stress testing, they rush to release and deliver a subpar product.  Hoping that all will buy only from title recognition and flashy 30 sec trailors.  Mission accomplished in both MW2 and apparently BO.

I have not purchased BO (and not sure if I will).  I am not a Treyarch fan.  The disaster the was COD3 and WAW in my opinion are weak attempts at best.  IW was miles ahead in design, production, and story telling.

My days of salivating at the thought of a new COD game are pretty much over.

• Member ID:  1444
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  412
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3808
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  25299
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/01/1988
  • Device:  Android

I do have to agree with what people are saying, it is a let down so far on the whole communication aspect, there is just none of it and when someone does speak you don't know who it is and you don’t have the same kind of team work you do in like the freeze tag sever for cod5, you are just kind of running around like chicken with it’s head cut off but on the other hand it did just get released and there are bugs to it that will be worked out and so I am still going to play it and hope for the best.

• Member ID:  1432
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  2533
  • Birthday:  08/15/1991

Frost

While this is true, they could have done a private or public beta test (as was done with MW).  Instead, just as with MW2, they decide that they need to rush to market to get the Holiday Cash Cow rolling.  Where is it written that they HAVE TO PUSH a new COD title EVERY YEAR.

The beta testing process obviously helps to detect and fix a lot of bugs before release.  Somewhere along the way, the devs got into the mindset that the beta is somehow the public too much of a preview.  Its as if they are scared the public won't buy the game if they don't like the beta.  So, instead of beta and stress testing, they rush to release and deliver a subpar product.  Hoping that all will buy only from title recognition and flashy 30 sec trailors.  Mission accomplished in both MW2 and apparently BO.

I have not purchased BO (and not sure if I will).  I am not a Treyarch fan.  The disaster the was COD3 and WAW in my opinion are weak attempts at best.  IW was miles ahead in design, production, and story telling.

My days of salivating at the thought of a new COD game are pretty much over.

yeah exactly i mean thats how big companies work. they dont measure success of a product on how good people think it is, they measure it on how much money they make. thats just the buisness of the industry. mw2 had the biggest entertainment opening ever but it was still a dissapointing game but hey they made lots and lots money on it so they saw it as a successfull game. now the same thing is gonna happen to black ops i fear. not living up too expectations its just the new call of duty game coming out on the holidays

• Member ID:  721
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1516
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

Sonovabich
Yes Evool but steam was'nt fucking things up in the other call of duty games it will improve but not enough to put it alongside cod 2 cod 4 and even cod 5

let me try and put it this way ... every other Call of Duty games had bugs, ppl couldnt run them and were mad and angry saying Activision sucks ! but when they realsed patch after patch things started getting better and better ... right now like tball said ists not about steam it the game ... let me tell you one other thing about codeing the game.. if you fix one bug in one code then the fixed code might be affecting other code lines in the game ... so they need to be very careful on what they do and keep adding patches so they can keep the codes working properly and fix the bugs. its along process and all we can do right now is jst sit and relax and this game will be a kick ass and CoD 4 killer for sure .. it is for me alreay.