Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

N.j. Gun Buyback

JohnnyDos

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  47

Guns cover tables in front of New Jersey attorney general Jeffrey Chiesa, in Camden, N.J., Tuesday, as he announces the weekend’s gun buyback brought in more than 1,100 guns. He said the mass killing at a school in Newtown, Conn., may have motivated some.

50d1a76f1b70b_getimageCA37GSIN.jpg

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

I just read in a newspaper over here, that the sales of the ACR (the weapon that killed most of those poor children) have risen since the shooting, by up to 4,500 in a single day (Saturday)???

• Member ID:  101
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

• Member ID:  174
  • Group:  +++ COD2 Head Admin
  • Followers:  129
  • Topic Count:  387
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  14881
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Achievement Points:  91060
  • Days Won:  52
  • Birthday:  04/23/1970
  • Device:  Macintosh

Wow, what an amazing story.. Kudos to th New Jersey State government for that program.

• Member ID:  907
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

I see a trigger lock on one of those guns. A side note personal story. I installed trigger locks on all my firearms awhile back when we were fostering children. Some time later, I was preparing to go hunting and couldn't find the keys for the trigger locks. So I googled how to remove them, and found a video on YouTube with some 12 year old that taught me how to remove them in about 5 seconds with an ice pick. Moral of the story - trigger locks don't protect anything.

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6521
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63388
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Wow, what an amazing story.. Kudos to th New Jersey State government for that program.

Pete to a point I agree but then on the other hand this reaction if indeed it was because of this late horrible tragedy is out of fear and that is the wrong reason to do this. If they have some legit reason such as they have a person with mental health issues in their house who could if they wanted figure out a reason to have access to their guns then I say kudos, but if its strictly out of fear then they are not necessarily doing the right thing! I say they should wait a while and see how they feel about it at a more calmer time and maybe they will change their mind. Just food for thought!

• Member ID:  247
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Achievement Points:  5119
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1952

Its not the Guns.....Our Penial System Sucks...The punishment doesn't fit the crime....Bring back eye for an eye, public hanging etc..New Jersey already has the strictest gun laws in the nation. You can't even hold a BB Gun in a store without showing your firearm ID card.

It has set fear in ALL..Even our kids now..WOW!!!! :no

http://news.msn.com/...s-newtown-fears

Somebody's parents sure failed with this child. What I mean is they didn't lock the gun away out of reach of the kid!

If these people choose to believe that having a weapon in their home maybe more dangerous to themslves or others then so be it. I applaud that. Now if they change their mind at a later date, then they have the right to purchase a new weapon, and I favor that as well.

• Member ID:  842
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965

Guns this and Guns that.....

I have had guns since before I had kids...as they got older I got them to the range and training and gun saftey and they never had an issue with guns being "cool" they just were something else to get hurt with if you werent careful and safe...same with the stove.......same with fire, fireworks and ladders....instead of getting rid of everything thats dangerous in my home I spent the time to raise my children correctly....not saying that a child with issues should have parents who own guns, but if we spend as much time with our kids as we do with fighting issues we end up with good kids....

Put some of this shit back on parents and not on guns....you can be killed with a bat as fast as a gun if someone truly wants to harm you...and there are those who are going to say "but if he didnt have a gun so many wouldnt have died"

Well I could counter that if responsible people carried guns that kid would have never gotten past 3 dead....

• Member ID:  3003
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  417
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  3582
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

I agree with you Derrejon. The ball was dropped by the parents. Trying to blame the gun makers and the NRA is stupid. Thats like blaming the FORD motor company for a drunk driver hitting a school bus with a F-150. Its the drunk drivers fault not the manufacturer. What some of the lame ass people think that making it illegal to have a gun will stop things like this is from happening is crazy. If history can teach us only one thing its that we as humans have the capacity to do great things and to do great atrocity towards each other. Humans have been killing each other in many different ways since the dawn of time. That will never stop. Drugs were made illegal in America and other countries in the world but that has done nothing to stop the flow of drugs on our streets. People with malice and hate in their hearts and minds will always be able to find guns to do harm. If a prison which should be the most secure place around still has drugs run rampant in it that is proof to me that as long as people are involved corruption and evil will always be around. Thanks for letting me vent here. If I offended anyone I am sorry. (steps off soap box)

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

It has set fear in ALL..Even our kids now..WOW!!!! :no

http://news.msn.com/...s-newtown-fears

Yes Chile I heard that yesterday on the radio.11 years old,I can't even imagine.Oh well they like their weapons over in the US.They said they have more guns than people.Seems amazing to me.

• Member ID:  1320
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  611
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4498
  • Birthday:  01/14/1976

I just read in a newspaper over here, that the sales of the ACR (the weapon that killed most of those poor children) have risen since the shooting, by up to 4,500 in a single day (Saturday)???

I just purchased my Sig Sauer M400 last night at WalMart. I had to wait 2 hours because there were 5 other guys ahead of me also purchasing AR-15s.

• Member ID:  1176
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  954
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6665
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/27/1983

It's funny how similar this shooting is to the batman shooting. Even more interesting is both Adams father and James Holes father both had detailed info to bring down the Libor scandal. What I came across, Its not political it is criminal.

The father of Adam Lanza is Peter Lanza, a VP and Tax Director at GE Financial, one of the many corporations owned and controlled by the international central banks, and was a partner at Ernst & Young. ¹ The father of James Holmes is Robert Holmes, and, at the time of the shooting, the lead fraud scientist for the credit score company FICO.

Jame's father wrote the algorithms to the programs that track money for bank frauds and identity theft. This guy made the credit score possible. Hey discovers the way the big banks loaned each other money was HUGE fraud. It is known as THE LIBOR SCANDEL. These banks were influencing and funding wars. Any of this can be googled. There is an agenda here.

¹ http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/connecticut-shooter-adam-lanza/story?id=17975673#.UM-kh3fheSp

² http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021025002

³ http://www.nowpublic.com/world/children-cnbc-executive-murdered-day-after-lawsuit-announced

4 http://actionamerica.org/guns/guns1.shtml

5 www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.500915613270502.129574.296076410421091&type=3

Supporting video evidence:

• Member ID:  1130
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  216
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2267
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Achievement Points:  17291
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/02/1948

If the truth be known most of those guns turned in for cash in NJ was probably from crooks and drugies. They now have money for more drugs and can go steal more weapons. :smoke:

• Member ID:  62
  • Followers:  73
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4124
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  27905
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  06/16/1972

Take a look at the buttstocks of most of the rifles. they look like they have been sitting in water for a while. Most of them look like old broken WWII era. And if you look at the pistols on the table, they look like they put the large capacity pistols up front and the rest look like old 6 shooters that probably don't work. If I had an old non repairable gun in my collection, I'd probably sell it to them also.

In theory it's a good program to get old non functional weapons out of peoples hands. If I were to wager, I'd say that 95% of those guns would do more damage to the person holding it when they pull the trigger then anything at the end the bullets trajectory.

Don't get me wrong, what happened is a tragedy. But if parents spent more time with their children in all aspect of them growing up this may have been averted. Just think back to when most of were kids. This sort of thing never happened. Kids these days need to get outside more and do things that kids do outside.

50d2336c1ec3e_50d1a76f1b70b_getimageCA37GSIN.jpg

• Member ID:  3095
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1277
  • Birthday:  02/14/1963

These gun buybacks are the DUMMEST thing ever and a complete waste of taxpayer money....something our suckass gov is great at. The last one I read about had about 10 dealers waiting at their door step with absolute garbage to take in $250 per, Every gun they sold tot he cops was junk.

It's really a shame a tragedy like this has to bring out the ignorant with their soapboxes. Gun control is worthless except for keeping honest, law abiding citizens from being able to protect themselves. I can go on Craigslist and have a gun in my hand within an hour, no paperwork, no background check, no BS.

The worst part of all this shit is that now I'll have to listen to a bunch of screaming numbnutz like Pelosi and Reid (now our POS VP) spewing their liberal bullshit. All because of one punkass psychopath.

• Member ID:  3003
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  417
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Achievement Points:  3582
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

They can have my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands! :2guns:

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4669
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41044
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963

I'm with Xtreme on this. Stupid use of taxpayer money. Chicago pulls this stunt occasionally, and with the same result. Makes good publicity, but accomplishes nothing.

Let's ban Zoloft instead, and place a bounty on every pregnant mother who carries a child to term while using anti-depressants. You want to nip the problem at its' source, start there. Dysfunctional parent(s) need to be illegal.

This thread has no end and so many different views. I love reading all the different mindsets. I learn a lot about people just by reading your posts. I enjoy what everyone says as long as its not personal at its core!

• Member ID:  632
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1762
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  18213
  • Birthday:  07/30/1977

they can have my guns one piece at a time from the inside out. starting with the bullets first. COME AND GET THEM BOY'S!!

• Member ID:  3174
  • Followers:  100
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2162
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  17423
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/24/1957

ok i might get this post scratched... but i gotta say this... prolly gonna piss a few off...

but there is no reason to own guns in this day and age... if we stopped producing any type of weapon then we would not have all the senseless killings... i know i know... guns don't kill people ... people do... your wrong... people with weapons kill people. I know the USA has this thing entrenched in your constitution. I'm trying not to make this political, but its a fact. people with access to guns kill people. Many people will probably NOT be killed because those guns are now NOT on the street.

Most killings are a crime of passion... meaning they acted in a fit of rage... take the gun out of the picture and they have time to calm down... if they have access to a gun, then there is no time to think it through. I'm not trying to be difficult. It's a fact. There are a lot more killings per capita in the USA and other gun toting countries than those with restrictions on gun ownership like Canada. i would be very concerned walking the street knowing many are carrying a concealed weapon. No thanks... like I said i don't believe in guns. They are instruments of destruction. Period. They are not needed. sorry guys. My thoughts. Now i will go back to sleep.

:no :no :no :no :no

• Member ID:  1320
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  611
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4498
  • Birthday:  01/14/1976

Dead men surrender easier than the live ones.

• Member ID:  62
  • Followers:  73
  • Topic Count:  480
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4124
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  27905
  • Birthday:  06/16/1972

ok i might get this post scratched... but i gotta say this... prolly gonna piss a few off...

but there is no reason to own guns in this day and age... if we stopped producing any type of weapon then we would not have all the senseless killings... i know i know... guns don't kill people ... people do... your wrong... people with weapons kill people. I know the USA has this thing entrenched in your constitution. I'm trying not to make this political, but its a fact. people with access to guns kill people. Many people will probably NOT be killed because those guns are now NOT on the street.

Most killings are a crime of passion... meaning they acted in a fit of rage... take the gun out of the picture and they have time to calm down... if they have access to a gun, then there is no time to think it through. I'm not trying to be difficult. It's a fact. There are a lot more killings per capita in the USA and other gun toting countries than those with restrictions on gun ownership like Canada. i would be very concerned walking the street knowing many are carrying a concealed weapon. No thanks... like I said i don't believe in guns. They are instruments of destruction. Period. They are not needed. sorry guys. My thoughts. Now i will go back to sleep.

:no :no :no :no :no

So what you are saying that my hunting rifles should not be legal? Should I turn them in to my government and not put natural food on my table? Venison and Elk are some of the most healthy and highest protein types of meat out there. Can you see the trickle down effect here? Try to taker my guns away and take food away from my mouth. I guess I should go apply for food stamps seeing that DumbBama is giving them out like lollipops at a bank.

I am a card caring member of the NRA, and the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. I got my hunters safety card at the age of 10, I have a C&R (Curios & Relics) license for the past 7 years, I am currently working on getting my concealed to carry permit, and have always practiced gun safety. All but one of my guns are locked up in a safe with the ammo in a different safe.

It isn't the guns fault that someone pulled the trigger, or the bullets fault that a person put it in the chamber. Same thing as a drunk driver getting behind the wheel of a car and killing some one, the car had no say so in that, the key couldn't control where it was going. Should we make laws against car manufacturers when someone dies in a wreck?

I see no logic in you argument/response what so ever. It is the parents responsibility to teach their children the consequences and repercussions of what can happen if you do not obey the law. It is not the governments responsibility to impose more laws/sanctions on it's law abiding citizens or to tell me what I can or cannot have.

This is where you argument has no merit. "Most killings are a crime of passion... meaning they acted in a fit of rage... take the gun out of the picture and they have time to calm down... if they have access to a gun, then there is no time to think it through." It doesn't matter, if someone wants to harm a person or commit a crime, they will find a way. No matter if it's a gun, knife, bat, or even a hammer. The person will find a way to commit "a crime of passion".

I can only imagine what would happen if the current government tries to take our Second Amendment rights away.

Can you say "2nd American Revolution"? That is what exactly what will happen if Obama and his office tries this stunt.

There is no way to prevent the unpreventable.

167445_526157637409425_47113245_n.jpg

Edited by GorillaXI

Nothing has been done to date. No new legislation has been tabled in the past 10 years. To be honest, gun laws have become increasingly relaxed while crimes like this one have become more common it seems.

There is no harm in opening a dicussion on how to prevent these crimes WITHOUT ending the 2nd... No need to get anyone panties in a knot over nothing yet.