Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Lack of active admins

• Member ID:  5205
  • Group:  + COD5 Moderator
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1251
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/05/1986
  • Device:  Windows

Hello,

I'm curious I notice there are admins for COD5 servers but I see they are lacking being on alot lately except a few especially in our DM3 server minus Monkie. If there is ever a opening I'd gladly like to be an admin in WaW server.

Glad to be able to be very active again with XI real life has had me occupied but now have alot more free time.

Regards,

UCJOHN

• Member ID:  27768
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  938
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  7764
  • Days Won:  1

Always have admins on COD 5 freeze tag in afternoons and evenings , dont know about the other servers.

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8265
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53618
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Android

Well haveing more admins than players is not cool. Admins like ucjohn also have lives  and cannot always be on. I'm sure the head admins watch that number. I know I do not see many complaints about the lack of admins. Or the lack of policing the servers. Just my opion 

7 hours ago, Labob said:

Well haveing more admins than players is not cool. Admins like ucjohn also have lives  and cannot always be on. I'm sure the head admins watch that number. I know I do not see many complaints about the lack of admins. Or the lack of policing the servers. Just my opion 

I'm just mentioning it as I play in the DM3 server alot and only ever see one admin usually monkie but he's different time zones from when I'm on etc. I rarely see any other active admins on that server at any given time. I'm not saying let there be more Admins then players but having admins that are at different time zones is also can benefit the server in assisting. I'm not an admin tho I do have several years of knowledge on setting up and maintaining servers and also admin servers. Bit I'm not here to create issues just mentioning a trend I've noticed in the one server I play alot in.

Regards,

UCJOHN>XI<

4 hours ago, ucjohn said:

I'm just mentioning it as I play in the DM3 server alot and only ever see one admin usually monkie but he's different time zones from when I'm on etc. I rarely see any other active admins on that server at any given time. I'm not saying let there be more Admins then players but having admins that are at different time zones is also can benefit the server in assisting. I'm not an admin tho I do have several years of knowledge on setting up and maintaining servers and also admin servers. Bit I'm not here to create issues just mentioning a trend I've noticed in the one server I play alot in.

Regards,

UCJOHN>XI<

Sorry no bad intentions here. I was a bit of an admin back in the day and the decision of who to make an admin how many and so on get complicated. Love to give something to all who love XI but the fact is we are this big that many players and at those times. So handing the  key to the masses makes no sence. Our admin hierarcy works great. Admins then head admins I do believe some head admins from other games have  rights on other servers , then Senoir admins can kick everything except a field goal 🙂 a foot ball or soccer ball. So when you check the numbers were always around.  It's nice to know you would like to help though. Thank you 

• Member ID:  23
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1830
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  16063
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  08/06/1960

I am not a COD5 admin but we always are glad to have members like yourself who are willing to help keep the servers running smoothly. Back before I was "Asked" to be a Admin for our COD2 servers and then asked to become the Head COD2 Admin I was very involved in making sure we had no hackers in game, no map issues or server lockups etc. This was done by being able to contact all the Admins who lived in my time zones and while might not be in game might be near their PC and could jump in to take care of whatever the issue was. Some Admins like to sometimes play under a different name for a few reasons. 1 is to maybe catch video of a suspected hacker, 2 might be just to play without others hitting them with idle BS and 3 is to have a known name to XI members but not known to drop in cheaters so when "JimBob" came in a game with a player using a wall hack for example most people knew that the issue was being taken care of and to not tip our hand to the CHEATER. I would recommend if you really want to become a Admin to be a good steward of the server you play, play all the COD5 servers from time to time so all the players know you and your reputation, if you see something video it as quickly as you can and report it to a Admin that trusts you and knows you aren't just drying wolf. Most people who are Admins here have said they were shocked or surprised they were asked to consider taking on the responsibility of becoming a Admin. This also includes being very active here on the Website and letting your XI Family members know you better. One of the most frustrating aspect about some Admins and Members is they play a lot, are able to post on the website but they rarely say anything unless it is to complain. We all have things in life that may take us away from XI but when you tell your gaming Family about it (Details not needed) communication is a big factor. Remember we have been around over 16 years and things always change and a persons Reputation is one of the most important requirements to becoming a Admin. It is just like becoming a Member of >XI< people are asked by us to join not the reverse however it is always great to know someone cares enough to offer to help. Now is your chance to help. Good luck and wish I could play COD5 but it gives me motion sickness so I am stuck playing COD2 and can be found every weekend Mid morning during our 4 to 5 hours of TDM gaming sessions. Feel free to dust off your old copy of COD2 and join us any weekend for TDM and week nights for DM games. Older game so we aren't packed 24/7 like when we started but you and everyone are always encouraged to play the game that started it all.

• Member ID:  23233
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2425
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Achievement Points:  19143
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  08/11/1963

On 1/7/2024 at 5:39 PM, ucjohn said:

Regards,

UCJOHN>XI<

Like other said , even if you not an admin, if you sure of suspected hack take the name,  time and on which server is the problem , then PM an admin they will check. and they will do proper action.

• Member ID:  389
  • Followers:  45
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4466
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  36490
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  01/01/1970

On 1/7/2024 at 5:39 PM, ucjohn said:

Regards,

UCJOHN>XI<

best thing to have a screen recorder on when playing,  when you catch something like Xplayer  jumping from 1 corner of map to other corner of map , note time and player name and edit video to the fraction of cheat player doing it to save time and space,  a suggesting to WEB MASTERS  add a up load link in our PORTAL PAGE for exterminate the cheaters from our servers and radicate them out of here.

I'm sure this action will be welcomed  among the community

UC John

Admins  aren't doing anything ? they are human too

TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK  .....

• + COD4 Moderator

• Member ID:  30308
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  5532
  • Birthday:  08/28/1973
  • Device:  Linux

5 hours ago, KaptCrunch said:

a suggesting to WEB MASTERS  add a up load link in our PORTAL PAGE for exterminate the cheaters from our servers and radicate them out of here.

This is not practical

Members can message Admin directly via our PM system on this forum

https://www.xtremeidiots.com/staff/

I am a moderator for COD4 and constantly monitor who is in our servers along with their history without being in the game, I also know of other Admins that do the same thing.

So just because we don't appear to be in game we are still watching what is going on

And the more evidence we have against genuine hackers the better

But please bear in mind that just because a player is good at killing, It doesn't instantly make them a hacker

This topic seems to have gone way off topic and turning into more of feeling attacked for mentioning a trend I've noticed and was just simply voicing and opinion / statement. 

• Member ID:  2068
  • Group:  +++ COD5 Head Admin
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  1073
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  8434
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Achievement Points:  74913
  • Days Won:  64
  • Birthday:  05/23/1973

6 hours ago, KaptCrunch said:

best thing to have a screen recorder on when playing,  when you catch something like Xplayer  jumping from 1 corner of map to other corner of map , note time and player name and edit video to the fraction of cheat player doing it to save time and space,  a suggesting to WEB MASTERS  add a up load link in our PORTAL PAGE for exterminate the cheaters from our servers and radicate them out of here.

Tools already exist for dealing with cheaters and extreme twat waffles.

6 hours ago, KaptCrunch said:

UC John

Admins  aren't doing anything ? they are human too

TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK  .....

Don't believe that was what was implied here.

I don't think the sincerity of this topic was fully grasped or it was misconstrued... We do have an excellent admin team doing an excellent job even though the pay sucks but we do have a gap when it comes to our DM servers.  And it's sometimes not just about taking a video or screenshot and passing it along, it's always appreciated when it is, but sometimes immediate action needs to be taken. And we do see our share of shit heads on DM as well.

Anyone who is or has been an admin understands the shit that gets dealt with so I won't look down on anyone who wants to step up...

• Member ID:  2208
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  305
  • Content Count:  3619
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  37737
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  06/09/1963

there are not many admins that play that mod,, thats all. I think most of them are for FT server as it is very popular.

9 hours ago, ucjohn said:

This topic seems to have gone way off topic and turning into more of feeling attacked for mentioning a trend I've noticed and was just simply voicing and opinion / statement. 

i notice same trend as you, not attacking  ...just awaken the masses  to get more people involved policing  the servers.

Sorry Merlin relax, not raining on the Admins just getting more eyes out there with that free screen recorder,  wish had that installed last weekend for seen Xplayer jumps across whole map in 1 leap in DM server.    i know Xplayer in your sights, just wanted to have proof to boot the cheater. 

TEAM WORK  MAKES THE DREAM WORK    that's all 

Edited by KaptCrunch
wanted people to have proof to boot the cheater. 

6 hours ago, Merlin007 said:

Tools already exist for dealing with cheaters and extreme twat waffles.

i guess i missed that memo 

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5234
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  48752
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

On 1/10/2024 at 7:21 AM, Totty said:

This is not practical

Members can message Admin directly via our PM system on this forum

https://www.xtremeidiots.com/staff/

I am a moderator for COD4 and constantly monitor who is in our servers along with their history without being in the game, I also know of other Admins that do the same thing.

So just because we don't appear to be in game we are still watching what is going on

And the more evidence we have against genuine hackers the better

But please bear in mind that just because a player is good at killing, It doesn't instantly make them a hacker

Actually, it's entirely practical.  I've implemented uploaders for the use of artists to submit music to my internet radio stations when they were on the air.  What's probably not practical is expecting Duc to take on yet another task.

I see Frags in the DM3 server actively playing regularly during evening peak.  He's a great admin, and is fun to play against.

• Member ID:  23616
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  799
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Achievement Points:  6902
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  12/03/1965

On 1/10/2024 at 6:48 PM, Merlin007 said:

I don't think the sincerity of this topic was fully grasped or it was misconstrued... We do have an excellent admin team doing an excellent job even though the pay sucks but we do have a gap when it comes to our DM servers.  And it's sometimes not just about taking a video or screenshot and passing it along, it's always appreciated when it is, but sometimes immediate action needs to be taken. And we do see our share of shit heads on DM as well.

Anyone who is or has been an admin understands the shit that gets dealt with so I won't look down on anyone who wants to step up...

i as a mod feel left out :(   

and now i read admins get payed ?????   ooooo i feel sad now aswell  :(

i'll except my pay in beer Merlin 

jokes aside , i don't know about all the other servers and game types ( DM FFA etc ) but we at OW Freezetag ( and Vietnam Freezetag ) got a very consistent bunch of regular players. 

When new players come in , we got binds to explain them how to play freezetag. And try to explain through gamevoice.

A while ago we had those accusations about cheating aswell.

We put up a bind explaining that false accusations will result in a kick and even a ban.

well we haven't had those accusations since as far as i know.

• + COD4 Moderator

• Member ID:  30308
  • Group:  + COD4 Moderator
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  552
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  5532
  • Birthday:  08/28/1973
  • Device:  Linux

22 minutes ago, djMot said:

Actually, it's entirely practical.  I've implemented uploaders for the use of artists to submit music to my internet radio stations when they were on the air.  What's probably not practical is expecting Duc to take on yet another task.

Demo files get uploaded to the website and not the portal. The portal is built by duc , This site already can accommodate most uploaded files on the forum topics and in PM.

So I'm not sure what you are suggesting 

12 minutes ago, Totty said:

Demo files get uploaded to the website and not the portal. The portal is built by duc , This site already can accommodate most uploaded files on the forum topics and in PM.

So I'm not sure what you are suggesting 

You seemed to be suggesting that it is impractical to provide an upload link on the website to upload COD demo files.  I simply corrected you.  If I misunderstood your meaning, I apologize.