Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

I want the MW2 ftag mod back!!!

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

• Member ID:  2527
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  1945
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  16150
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/27/1981

what about 6 perks only for >XI< members only. And 10 for me by creating this wonderfull idear ? 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Member ID:  367
  • Followers:  36
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1177
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Achievement Points:  10097
  • Birthday:  07/20/1964

Dukoo you need 20 perks to win a match :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Trailrtrash

• Member ID:  2985
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1670
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20177
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966
  • Device:  Android

Quit whining / bitching and start playing ?

if the active whiners stoped playing, there would be no one left for you kontelikkers to shoot at in the first place.

it has nothing to do with bitching or whining.

Yes, Things do change sometimes. T

his is the second time a mod change, it is not that much in the past years.

It is not that bad! no its not, but there's a lot of stuff to work on, and sammy sure does understand that.

And so do i, and other people that are saying i dont like it the way it is now...

But that doenst mean they are whining or bitching. Its about speaking open about how the feel about it.

It is giving sammy the chance to read the complains so things can be worked out togetter.

some of u idiots must not and never forget that some of this whiners and bitchers are playing this mod for over 4,5,6 years.

and they have all the right to say what ever they want.

just as much as you think you are free to call people whiners or baby's.

Most of you where still in dipers when they where already playing this mod.! Keep having respect for eachader u fucking idiots. We are all >XI< dont you ever forget that. We are a family, keep it like that please.

Dukoo darlin are you upset with me.... [emoji8] it was just my opinion to let people know to stop complaining and do like you suggest.. Give good feed back on what to tweak... I guess I just see and hear peeps giving..... Let's say unproven reports about it with out putting time in.... But yes there are always tweaks to be made.... But as a whole I welcome the changes..... And those that don't like it.. Don't play it... Most of us hard-core players will stay or comeback.......

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

Depends what I feel like in the mornings. But no usually a man with a greying beard.

• Member ID:  2905
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2190
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  18662
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/26/1977

k I will check the logs and see if I spot anything.

edit: Should be seeing some notifications in the game logs but they arent there. Will work on it today. Unfortunately it was one of the things that never got tested in the other mod. Never got full. :lol:

thats what i said before... no one liked to play with that mod, sry to say it again - even if u had a lot of work with it. Ppl stayed with the other mod - and i still want it back.

we get these types of complaints bout evry new mod version put out.....ppl do adjust...some faster than others .....as far as puttin the different mods on own servers has never worked yet....with popularity of the newest mod.....seriously doubt old mod will get enough traffic to keep it up and running from experience i have seen through out my time here

i dont wanna learn new mods, thats why i played only on our server!!! and i dont wanna adjust - i was very happy with the old mod, came in, played a bit, relaxed and laughed a bit, had a good time after crap days at work... and if u get all that complains alrteady with every change, why do u change it then? the question is: why not having two server with two mods? one for those that like changes and want to adjust, one for the oldies like me, that wanna play same old stuff ;)

i also got the feeling its not welcome here to say ur own mind - sad enough for ppl that allways shout they r like a family.

And only certain ppl get responses ... just saying. No more happy :(

Its my opinion - and thats what i said from the beginning - that i dont like it and i appreciate the work that Sammy and probably others did for this change, but i dont like it. Cant help it.

Its just sad when u play to relax and just get mad cause there is no fun in the version u r playing now. Why does no one accept that opinion? Fuck u all who say "stop whining", cause u r the ignorant ones, which cant handle another opinion....

Edited by KillerKitty

oh and FU all cause now i am mad again and just came back from vacation... fu fu and FU :harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

What exactly do you have to learn? Some of the loadouts are certainly different. Others are not. Perhaps being restricted to explosives and two perks is better than the way it is now? Losing streaks if you dont use them immediately is better for you? EMP grenades that dont have saturation areas are better than those that do? It was better without stun grenades? Slow heli/ac130 dropped care packages were better? Better when a single armor vest can protect against bullets and explosives?  Or when you had to choose between armor and stopping power?  I can go on.

So if you can, help me and specifically say what is difficult to learn or use and why. Perhaps I can check into it. I dont want things to be too easy. Players should be required to work at whatever they want to accomplish. Especially player weapons. But neither should it be too hard. Like how Stealth and Hacker were put into the same tier.  Made hacking anything near impossible. Not good. I didnt think about that and when it was pointed out to me I changed it. Yes I do make mistakes. Believe it or not modders are human and have the same feelings as everyone else. :rolleyes:

However the usual 'hit boxes' argument I have zero control over. Because of lamer hackers fucking us all over that was taken entirely out of modders hands in a patch and hard coded into the engine. There is no way at all I can change it. A bullet hits it (friend and foe alike) or it doesnt. Then I can do things like applying stopping power or ignore it for spawn protection. Said it several times before but sometimes it needs to be said again because people forget.

Yea yea I know people will, from their POV, hit someone dead on but not get the hit marker. For one its just the way it is for MP games all the way back to the first. And so there was the stupid invention of the lag compensator.  Drop everyone to the lowest common denominator. Also have to keep in mind people could be playing others 1/2 way around the world and that will have the usual effects. Thus there was all the very hard work in finding the best server and location possible. And then?  People with lag binds. Dont kid yourself they are around even here. Consistent ones have gotten good at hiding it.

And yes hiccups in the game scripts can do it. Also heavy effects and the simple fact that its a big mod. So timings for how long it takes to complete certain tasks are important and they are monitored constantly during debugging. The heaviest load on the game script is when a player is killed. There is a lot of stuff to do and anything that can be delayed (like awarding challenges/unlocks in the stock game, bonuses in the mod or awarding killstreaks) is put off until later.

So...

If anything is simply too difficult to use properly then tell me about it and how or why. Constructively. None of the 'it sucks' stuff. That helps nobody. Might simply mean it takes practice.  I know people dont like to hear it but things do take practice. All of you, even in my own mod, play and practice a hell of a lot more than I do which is why I am not very good in comparison. But then again maybe it is something else.

• Member ID:  2702
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1057
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  8385
  • Birthday:  11/26/1978

I'm like waah waah need a tissue too, but I think it's getting easier and I agree with Sammy that it is probably just going to be a question of adjusting to the new mod with practice.

Its frustrating when you shoot someone bang on and they don't die... but this happened on the old mod too and the one before that. I guess it just feels like it's more because it's a new mod and I have something new to blame it on.

@@Sammy , i know u have put alot work into this mod, alot of thoughts and hours and hours ... its not about u made mistakes or i wanna hurt ur feelings.

i personally just cant get along with the sounds of the new mod, i mostly play by sound and if i hear someone shooting close to me i try to find that person - but if that shooting comes from all across the map and i cant find them but just get killed, now thats very frustrating. And no, i cant tell u which gun that does or if all sound like close to me but are not. I dont get even to know who is shooting to ask them. Thats what forces me to change my gamestyle. And i am forced to learn new guns, cause i cant find my M4 (seems i lost it somewhere). Plus i hate the sounds the guns make while shooting and reloading and cars make when they explode.

So what now? Changes anything? :huh:

:question:

Actually i dont care about the perks at all, cause i use what i get (sounds wierd, but it is like it is). I didnt hit many ppl before as well, so w/e, i dont hit anyone now. It was never my best way to get points, i only make points by defrosting, so i would probably get along with it. Even tho its more frustrating sometimes, too.

Plus i was looking forward to play the old mod in my holidays 24/7 ;)

Double sad now :(

I would go for two servers with both mods... still and allways.

But as i said that all two or three times before now already, i am repeating and repeating, too.

Oh and no, i dont believe modders are human beings, in ur venes r only bits and bytes. ;)

@@iboomboom , thx, i dont need just one, but feeling better now... btw... !fu @@iboomboom ! :)  :harhar:

Edited by KillerKitty

• Member ID:  2384
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  1058
  • Achievement Points:  9389
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/18/1966

Well just to say that I didnt play the old mod too much but I have just played the new one and with almost any weopon I use when I aim down site the entire graphics and game start to lagg.....kinda weird...doesnt if i only hip fire....I know I have a high ping of 130-150 but have never experienced this lagg or type of lagg before...I did various thing...quit rejoined rebooted pc and modem....but no difference...starange...went into COD4 other servers including new tourny server and server one ftag....no problems at all...oh well just my two pennies worth..

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

What exactly do you have to learn? Some of the loadouts are certainly different. Others are not. Perhaps being restricted to explosives and two perks is better than the way it is now? Losing streaks if you dont use them immediately is better for you? EMP grenades that dont have saturation areas are better than those that do? It was better without stun grenades? Slow heli/ac130 dropped care packages were better? Better when a single armor vest can protect against bullets and explosives?  Or when you had to choose between armor and stopping power?  I can go on.

So if you can, help me and specifically say what is difficult to learn or use and why. Perhaps I can check into it. I dont want things to be too easy. Players should be required to work at whatever they want to accomplish. Especially player weapons. But neither should it be too hard. Like how Stealth and Hacker were put into the same tier.  Made hacking anything near impossible. Not good. I didnt think about that and when it was pointed out to me I changed it. Yes I do make mistakes. Believe it or not modders are human and have the same feelings as everyone else. :rolleyes:

However the usual 'hit boxes' argument I have zero control over. Because of lamer hackers fucking us all over that was taken entirely out of modders hands in a patch and hard coded into the engine. There is no way at all I can change it. A bullet hits it (friend and foe alike) or it doesnt. Then I can do things like applying stopping power or ignore it for spawn protection. Said it several times before but sometimes it needs to be said again because people forget.

Yea yea I know people will, from their POV, hit someone dead on but not get the hit marker. For one its just the way it is for MP games all the way back to the first. And so there was the stupid invention of the lag compensator.  Drop everyone to the lowest common denominator. Also have to keep in mind people could be playing others 1/2 way around the world and that will have the usual effects. Thus there was all the very hard work in finding the best server and location possible. And then?  People with lag binds. Dont kid yourself they are around even here. Consistent ones have gotten good at hiding it.

And yes hiccups in the game scripts can do it. Also heavy effects and the simple fact that its a big mod. So timings for how long it takes to complete certain tasks are important and they are monitored constantly during debugging. The heaviest load on the game script is when a player is killed. There is a lot of stuff to do and anything that can be delayed (like awarding challenges/unlocks in the stock game, bonuses in the mod or awarding killstreaks) is put off until later.

So...

If anything is simply too difficult to use properly then tell me about it and how or why. Constructively. None of the 'it sucks' stuff. That helps nobody. Might simply mean it takes practice.  I know people dont like to hear it but things do take practice. All of you, even in my own mod, play and practice a hell of a lot more than I do which is why I am not very good in comparison. But then again maybe it is something else.

ppl who complain bout hit boxes being off or shooting someone dead aim and player not takn any damages needs to understand this more....also  ppl need to take in account that everyone hits the servers differently hince the pings.....the latency between players and servers cause these issues and isnt much anyone can do about it unless everyone lived closer to each other and the server....

• Member ID:  2384
  • Followers:  69
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  1058
  • Achievement Points:  9389
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/18/1966

Well just to say that I didnt play the old mod too much but I have just played the new one and with almost any weopon I use when I aim down site the entire graphics and game start to lagg.....kinda weird...doesnt if i only hip fire....I know I have a high ping of 130-150 but have never experienced this lagg or type of lagg before...I did various thing...quit rejoined rebooted pc and modem....but no difference...starange...went into COD4 other servers including new tourny server and server one ftag....no problems at all...oh well just my two pennies worth..

just to say joined an hour or so laters and no Lagg. ....weird...but mod seems ok now

I have heard about some weapon sounds being heard from too far away. I know it's difficult to figure it out but one thing that would help is to monitor when someone gets killed when you hear it. The kill icon would narrow things down a great deal from 30 possible weapons to 4 or 5.

If you want an M4 weapon choose the HK416. It is a direct replacement. All stats are the same.

no, its not the same feeling, the M4 was much better than the  HK416, but thx for the hint.

can u make it easier to defrost again? before it was like aiming at the bubble and u could defrost, now u have to see the person to defrost...?

anyways, i still dont like the sounds of guns and cars, but its nice to see the duke is back, global view is possible and holy cow... i can throw nades now thru all the map....lol ;)

can u put the old mod on the test server? just to "test" how many ppl would go there? ;)

p.s. i am such a noob, i dunno how to monitor ppl... :whistle:

i just know how to start my game and choose things...lol

HK416 has better sights, @@KillerKitty , you can shoot thru bubbles but the price you pay is inability to defrost by the ice blob. The gun sounds are not great, I agree on that one, they are like suppressed farts. 

Edited by iboomboom

Yes the bubble was changed back to what it was previously because of people exploiting it and standing inside of it while firing out.  I dont know what you want me to do about the sounds. They are direct ports from the originals. Unless the later games screw around with playback somehow. Which sound for the car are you talking about. The putt-putt?

As for the test server I will be using it today or tomorrow for beta 6 to find any kinks. No I dont mean kinky players. Tho I am sure there are a few here.

Yes the bubble was changed back to what it was previously because of people exploiting it and standing inside of it while firing out.  I dont know what you want me to do about the sounds. They are direct ports from the originals. Unless the later games screw around with playback somehow. Which sound for the car are you talking about. The putt-putt?

As for the test server I will be using it today or tomorrow for beta 6 to find any kinks. No I dont mean kinky players. Tho I am sure there are a few here.

Yeah the sound quality is like 44KHz not HD. Like they were recorded on flat sub woofer.

Yeah the sound quality is like 44KHz not HD. Like they were recorded on flat sub woofer.

sounds like pure nerd talk to me :harhar:

@@Sammy no, i mean the strange metallic sound that the cars make when they explode.

and for the guns... they just sound horrible, the sounds of the old mod were much better (reloading, shooting etc) :2guns:

if u r done with looking for kinkys, can u put the old mod on there then? ;)

(and yes, i am going to ask u so long again and again until u say yes....lol )

sounds like pure nerd talk to me :harhar:

@@Sammy no, i mean the strange metallic sound that the cars make when they explode.

and for the guns... they just sound horrible, the sounds of the old mod were much better (reloading, shooting etc) :2guns:

if u r done with looking for kinkys, can u put the old mod on there then? ;)

(and yes, i am going to ask u so long again and again until u say yes....lol )

I thought we had an agreement @@KillerKitty, you show me your naughty place(s) and then I will think about it. Muhahahahahhaa

hm, yeah, there is this one thing.... u should not think....lol ;)

i never agreed to that... even tho i am willing to do (nearly) everything to get a server with the old mod... :lol:

and as long as u dont promise it and set the server up its all just blablabla :stuart:

• Member ID:  2702
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1057
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Achievement Points:  8385
  • Birthday:  11/26/1978

Sounds are OK to me. They sound, if anything, heavier. The reaper missiles firing have a real boom to them and the car explosions seem to have more bass. Try turning your bass up or down.