Jump to content
blackcat

What Are You Listening To Today?

Recommended Posts

On 1/20/2021 at 2:46 PM, Timmah! said:

What y'all know about some Johhny Copeland?

 

 

 

he is the master of the one note solo ! saw him open up for SRV on the SOUL TO SOUL tour.  and jam later with Stevie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, Streetcleaner said:

he is the master of the one note solo ! saw him open up for SRV on the SOUL TO SOUL tour.  and jam later with Stevie.

My favorites would have to be SRV & Buddy Guys @ Buddy Guy's club:  

 .

and his jam session with his mentor...father figure, really, Albert King: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Timmah! said:

My favorites would have to be SRV & Buddy Guys @ Buddy Guy's club:  

 .

and his jam session with his mentor...father figure, really, Albert King: 

 

you can't forget Albert Collins....you can tell he was an influence just by some of the licks Stevie pulled from him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, Streetcleaner said:

you can't forget Albert Collins....you can tell he was an influence just by some of the licks Stevie pulled from him.

Well yeah, The Iceman... SRV invited him to perform at the Presidential Inauguration Ball back in the day;  wouldn't play unless he could also.  Gave due recognition & appreciation to the greats.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.