Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Adult server or not?

Sonovabich

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  116
  • Device:  Windows

I got an idea lets just ban the whole alphabet in there from now on, because i can type the same word with a little change like Cnut, if i said to someone you are Cnut i think they would know exactly what i meant, or maybe better still i could type with a Cockney Dialect and say Cant, as in you are a Faarking Cant, nobody will ever guess what i am saying will they or maybe just say it in another language from English and say the Dutch word for it and call them a Kut but again to all those who hate the word then my tip is for you stay out of the BF4 Euro TS channel during the day (British time) because every other word some days is Cnut, oops i spelled it wrong...so just to reiterate word NOT BANNED IN XI just BANNED IN XI BF4 SERVERS correct? because if it is not banned there would be no punishment for using it right?

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  79
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  29763
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977

Really???  Because that word is no better than the "N" word to me, in fact it is more offensive.

This is my last comment on this, if I hear you say it in game you will loose any respect I have for you, if that even matters to any of you.

I am sorry Gator, but in that point of view we then should also stop using the words like dickhead, penis, dick, cock, vagina, pussy, and all words related to the genitals. Like said in previous conversations the word "Cunt" is differently seen in other countries. Every country has different swearing words that other countries don't see as such. Personally i have more problems with MotherF***** the word regular used by Funstick. Or what the dutch preferable use everything with Cancer thats in my vision much more offensive.

• Member ID:  5957
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1965
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/23/1977

Hmmmm..... :( that's you're opinion I guess.... Wish you would grow a vagina so you can see just how offensive it is...

Sorry Gator, but I really don't see your point here. I have no problems with having one, I even use it in my own advantage...  :happy:

In my opinion the whole thing has to do with respect. If someone lost a family member or a friend from cancer and you know that you would never use that word to "insult" that person (insult in a funny way like we do a lot in cod4). If you have a problem with some words I will not use them for you and neither should others. In respect for you. On the other hand, you should respect that people don't feel offended and you should respect that as well. 

Also, a personal attack goes futher then just calling someone  a (read whatever you like). All of us get frustrated sometimes and sometimes you let that frustration out. No biggie to me. As long as you don't keep it going in a long lasting argument. We are human idiots after all.

Third, SOB you prick get back on the cod4 server asap! 

Regards,

MissD

• Member ID:  46
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  104
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4316
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Achievement Points:  34774
  • Days Won:  11

I say Ban the list. We are an adult server. If you can not handle a word use the door and get out. Remember to leave your fealings at the door. My goodness some of you are a bunch of wussies.

DON'T LIKE IT......USE THE DOOR...

My 2cents,

YellowSnow>XI<ADM

+1  I couldnt have said it any better.

Its not a word I use but I know that word is diff meaning in diff countries so I dont really take to mind much of it.  A list?,  If cod4 had a list, there would be nobody playing..lol. 

• Member ID:  561
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  41339
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992

It is discussions like these which make me lose hope a little. I see childish comments, people trying to cause debates and a general lack of common sense. It seems that when people think they are being censored they need to fight it and end up just causing a stir. The initial question was a simple and valid one which was answered promptly and concisely but then everyone wanted to put their '2 cents in' and the topic lost it's direction. I will try now and bring it back to the initial question.

The changes were made for the better of the servers and XI, there is nothing wrong with disagreeing and stating an opinion as long as you do so in a meaningful way that is constructive and as long as it is concerning the thread topic. There have been many comments on this thread that have simply been a silly comment where it seems the poster has not read through all the posts.

Maybe some misunderstanding has been caused by the terminology? 'banned' / 'bannable'

I would use the word banned in the sense that it cannot be said. I would use the word bannable in the sense that if the word is said you will be banned. Maybe my downfall here is that I am a programmer and not a wordsmith :)

The word cunt fits into neither category - there is a consequence for saying it though. The BF4 admins could have set it that once said a message warned you for saying it.. but we would still be having the same conversation, they chose the 'punishment' that you would be killed in-game to bring attention to it. If however after this you would like to describe the word as being banned then: yes the word is banned in the BF4 servers. But please do read why it has been 'banned'. If this is the case then I apologise for not making my answer analytical enough.

I can see how from a players point of view they may see it as they are being censored or that they are not allowed to say it because others are finding it offensive. From the admins point of view it is a different story however and it has been a change made to improve the servers.

Comparing BF4 and COD4 will do little good either as they are different game types and have different players, additionally they are admined differently as the BF4 servers have a much larger (x10 minimal) player base compared to the COD4 servers, as such there are a higher quantity of trouble makers and people that purposefully join the servers to troll others - preventatives such as this have been put in place to decrease the amount. 

Before you post (applies to all) consider the reasons why these changes were made, I urge that do you not continue personal discussions of if you feel the word is acceptable or not. If you do want to debate if the word should be banned (by my definition above) then create a new topic.

A very tired duc

• Member ID:  79
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  222
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3395
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Achievement Points:  29763
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/29/1977

+1  I couldnt have said it any better.

Its not a word I use but I know that word is diff meaning in diff countries so I dont really take to mind much of it.  A list?,  If cod4 had a list, there would be nobody playing..lol. 

Sooo true, we all would be banned even before picking a gun  :rofl:

• Member ID:  14
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1148
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  8230
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/30/1969

Really???  Because that word is no better than the "N" word to me, in fact it is more offensive.

This is my last comment on this, if I hear you say it in game you will loose any respect I have for you, if that even matters to any of you.

Sorry Gatorgirl. I like you very much. But as I said.....

"If you can not handle a word use the door and get out. Remember to leave your fealings at the door. My goodness some of you are a bunch of wussies.

DON'T LIKE IT......USE THE DOOR..."

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

It is discussions like these which make me lose hope a little. I see childish comments, people trying to cause debates and a general lack of common sense. It seems that when people think they are being censored they need to fight it and end up just causing a stir. The initial question was a simple and valid one which was answered promptly and concisely but then everyone wanted to put their '2 cents in' and the topic lost it's direction. I will try now and bring it back to the initial question.

Really, "people trying to cause debates" causes you to lose hope a little?  I can understand the "general lack of common sense" and "childish comments" - but this is the internet dude.  And yes, when people think they are being censored - especially in this clan - they will always feel the need to fight it.  Every single time it has come up in my 8 years here, people have felt the need to try and fight it.

The initial question and answer were simple, but that doesn't mean that they were the right solution, even if they achieved their desired result on the server.

The changes were made for the better of the servers and XI, there is nothing wrong with disagreeing and stating an opinion as long as you do so in a meaningful way that is constructive and as long as it is concerning the thread topic. There have been many comments on this thread that have simply been a silly comment where it seems the poster has not read through all the posts.

These are the XI forums, duc.  Did you really expect it to 100% stay on topic?  That doesn't even happen on a simple Happy Birthday thread half the time.  Silliness is part of our DNA. 

I would use the word banned in the sense that it cannot be said. I would use the word bannable in the sense that if the word is said you will be banned. Maybe my downfall here is that I am a programmer and not a wordsmith :)

The word cunt fits into neither category - there is a consequence for saying it though. The BF4 admins could have set it that once said a message warned you for saying it.. but we would still be having the same conversation, they chose the 'punishment' that you would be killed in-game to bring attention to it. If however after this you would like to describe the word as being banned then: yes the word is banned in the BF4 servers. But please do read why it has been 'banned'. If this is the case then I apologise for not making my answer analytical enough.

Fair enough - to answer SOB's initial question, the word is not BANNED.  You can say it, but at least on the BF4 server, there will be consequences.  Obviously it isn't "banned" from the clan because it's been said a hundred times or more in this thread and the thread is still here.

I can see how from a players point of view they may see it as they are being censored or that they are not allowed to say it because others are finding it offensive. From the admins point of view it is a different story however and it has been a change made to improve the servers.

Comparing BF4 and COD4 will do little good either as they are different game types and have different players, additionally they are admined differently as the BF4 servers have a much larger (x10 minimal) player base compared to the COD4 servers, as such there are a higher quantity of trouble makers and people that purposefully join the servers to troll others - preventatives such as this have been put in place to decrease the amount. 

Fair enough - I understand that.  However, it still seems like using a hammer to cure a headache to me, and losing a small part of ourselves in the process.  At some point COD2 and COD4 were the game du jour - did we have naughty word lists when those servers were dominant and every loser in the world was trolling them?  Or did we have a different set of sensibilities or more admins to deal with the "real" trouble makers the old fashioned way?  Hate the player, not the game, so to speak.

In the end it's just a list of words.  Any real trouble maker could circumnavigate this small list just as SOB iterated in his last post.  Frankly, it surprises me that this simple bit of censorship solved the troll/spam problem, but hey, I will take the admins' word for it. 

• Member ID:  220
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

I feel like a wrecking ball.

Really, "people trying to cause debates" causes you to lose hope a little? I can understand the "general lack of common sense" and "childish comments" - but this is the internet dude. And yes, when people think they are being censored - especially in this clan - they will always feel the need to fight it. Every single time it has come up in my 8 years here, people have felt the need to try and fight it.

The initial question and answer were simple, but that doesn't mean that they were the right solution, even if they achieved their desired result on the server.

These are the XI forums, duc. Did you really expect it to 100% stay on topic? That doesn't even happen on a simple Happy Birthday thread half the time. Silliness is part of our DNA.

Fair enough - to answer SOB's initial question, the word is not BANNED. You can say it, but at least on the BF4 server, there will be consequences. Obviously it isn't "banned" from the clan because it's been said a hundred times or more in this thread and the thread is still here.

Fair enough - I understand that. However, it still seems like using a hammer to cure a headache to me, and losing a small part of ourselves in the process. At some point COD2 and COD4 were the game du jour - did we have naughty word lists when those servers were dominant and every loser in the world was trolling them? Or did we have a different set of sensibilities or more admins to deal with the "real" trouble makers the old fashioned way? Hate the player, not the game, so to speak.

In the end it's just a list of words. Any real trouble maker could circumnavigate this small list just as SOB iterated in his last post. Frankly, it surprises me that this simple bit of censorship solved the troll/spam problem, but hey, I will take the admins' word for it.

Maybe some misunderstanding has been caused by the terminology? 'banned' / 'bannable'

The word cunt fits into neither category - there is a consequence for saying it though. The BF4 admins could have set it that once said a message warned you for saying it.. but we would still be having the same conversation, they chose the 'punishment' that you would be killed in-game to bring attention to it. If however after this you would like to describe the word as being banned then: yes the word is banned in the BF4 servers. But please do read why it has been 'banned'. If this is the case then I apologise for not making my answer analytical enough.

Before you post (applies to all) consider the reasons why these changes were made, I urge that do you not continue personal discussions of if you feel the word is acceptable or not. If you do want to debate if the word should be banned (by my definition above) then create a new topic.

A very tired duc

What we can't post and talk about stuff now because it might upset you duc, maybe you should leave your sensitive feelings at the door too, i look at this post and all i see is BF4 Admins and one member who think this is right..oh and you too, i know just close the forums down, what's it for if we can't talk about stuff, Rugger always told us not to vent on the servers but to bring it to the website instead, this is what i did and other people decided to vent too, this is what the forums are for, just because you don't like the way it went you accuse people of showing a lack of common sense, well sorry we ain't all at university some people do the best they can here, what we gonna do start picking on peoples posts because the spelling is not good in the future, it's getting like 1984 around here lately nobody dare say anything, looks like Big Brother is watching folks so don't upset him and watch your fucking spelling too, but don't worry it will probably be locked down soon folks so you won't get to say anything else. Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  561
  • Followers:  84
  • Topic Count:  502
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5334
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Achievement Points:  41339
  • Days Won:  29
  • Birthday:  04/06/1992

The losing hope may have been a bit of a dramatic flare, but who doesn't like a bit of drama now and then :)

I see now I have been trying to help in the wrong way sob... I was just trying to help you more than anyone else and that seems to have backfired. My intentions were to keep the topic on track for your query and to try and assist people in understanding why the decision was made. 

The requests to keep other discussions out of this topic were made in an effort to keep the discussion about the original query you made, I have not said anywhere that the discussions should not be made on the forums. 

Not sure where the university or the spelling comment came from but I only do the 'you're*' thing on Rugger's posts if that's what you're referring to :)

In any case I feel like a bit of gaming now and a beer - I have written more on this thread than I would on the average uni assignment :P

duc

The losing hope may have been a bit of a dramatic flare, but who doesn't like a bit of drama now and then :)

I see now I have been trying to help in the wrong way sob... I was just trying to help you more than anyone else and that seems to have backfired. My intentions were to keep the topic on track for your query and to try and assist people in understanding why the descision was made. 

The requests to keep other discussions out of this topic were made in an effort to keep the discussion about the original query you made, I have not said anywhere that the discussions should not be made on the forums. 

Not sure where the university or the spelling comment came from but I only do the 'you're*' thing on Rugger's posts if that's what you're referring to :)

In any case I feel like a bit of gaming now and a beer - I have written more on this thread than I would on the adverage uni assignment :P

duc

Well sorry make of this what you like but sometimes it looks to me like you are talking down to people, it's probably unintentional but that's what it looks like to me, we have no rules here yet as far as i know to say we need common sense before we post.

• Member ID:  6
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11856
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106404
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

I have been very busy with 3 broken down cars, that would be mine, my wives and my kids car all broken down at the same time. What a fucking nightmare, so as I type this I have no car to use. This fucking SUCKS!!! I hate my fucking LIFE!!

OK I feel better, for this topic, I made this clan so there is no censorship except for racist comments. Cunt does not fall under that category in my eyes. Please leave this with me and I will get with the BF3 admin team and see what's going on with this and I will do my best to clear up any issues with it. 

Like I stated before I have no car so that is my #1 priority right now. I think the one might only have a bad battery so I will try to fix that one today. The other one they want $1400 to fix all the issues with it!! The truck needs new tires 2 are flat. 

In the meantime please calm down and lets just get naked and have sex with each other to relieve some of the stress we're having right now

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

Good lord, more bullshit...Honestly SOB, I love you man but if you are so turned off by the kick/ban list, go play COD4 where there aren't any rules.  Everyone from the COD side seems to think it's better anyways, I have a feeling you must keep coming back to BF4 for a reason so I'm not sure what to tell you.

We have these kill/kick/ban words on our server for a reason.  We run tracking stats on our servers and since we reset it less than a month ago, we've had almost 10,000 people play our softcore BF4 server and since it started in mid-December we've had over 22,000 total!  Even with all of these communist rules in place!  There probably haven't been that many people play XI's COD4 server in the past 5 years put together.  

The word list isn't large and there honestly isn't too much you cannot say, just the MAJORLY offensive words.  It seems to be working (see above).  It keeps the morons that feel the need to be racist, sexist or just generally dicks to everyone out of our servers because they know we have rules and some of us admins keep an eye out.  There is also nothing that will clear out a server faster than someone being abusive to everyone using overly offensive words.  I've heard hundreds of times over the past months that we have one of the best servers because we don't let people do whatever they want like some other servers.  We try to monitor our servers the best that we can.  Let COD4 keep their no rules, we'll keep our rules and keep 22,197 and counting visitors since stats were put in use in mid-December coming back. 

Just my two cents but if we took yellowsnow's opinion to heart, I'd be called a nigger every ten seconds when I knife someone which is absolutely unacceptable.  Is that word more offensive than cunt to a woman or faggot to a gay person?  In my opinion, they are all overly offensive and need to be monitored on our server.  Nobody is censoring you or anything else, we just want the experience to be better than other servers because quite honestly, we are better.  Every time a rule is made somewhere, there are always people whining and crying about it.  You know what, you don't like it feel free to not play there and go somewhere else...these rules help set us apart and the reason we keep getting people coming back.  Our BF3 server had similiar rules and we reached NUMBER 7 IN THE WORLD rank...explain that if people are so offended by our rule list?  If you not being able to say cunt is that obtrusive to your rights, then go play COD4 where you can call everyone a cunt and laugh away.  If you feel you can get over not using that word, then call the guy a fucker and keep playing.  

Just my two cents...tougher skin is needed by all but without any rules, our servers would lose regular players and become no better than any others.  It's my opinion that XI is what it is today because we are better and we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Flushy

• Member ID:  4
  • Followers:  170
  • Topic Count:  1094
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5157
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Achievement Points:  43595
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/16/1967

• Member ID:  1194
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

For most of my life I thought my dad suffered from Tourettes. As it turns out, he just thinks I'm a fucking cunt.

What do you call a female clone? A clunt.

Carry on.

• Member ID:  907
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26177
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969

I was out to dinner with some co-workers last year in San Francisco.  One was from the UK and one was from Australia - there were about 8 of us from around the world, and we were in a loud, busy restaurant.  The UK guy and the Aussie are talking at one end of the table, but I can't really hear them with the din of the other patrons, and then there one of those silences that sometimes occurs in a crowd, and right when that silence happens, the UK guy calls the Aussie guy a cunt really loudly - in a comrade like way, laughing and all that.  The other people at the table (including me) all burst out laughing and he looked at us with this surprised expression because he didn't know why it was funny.  When one of the women at the table explained to him how Americans perceive that word, he shriveled down in his chair and couldn't wait to leave the restaurant.  I still give him shit about it to this day - it makes me laugh just thinking about it.

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

And then there's the "GUNT" 1.

Bulging area found on large older women between the waist and the genital area. Not quite a gut, not quite a cunt... The Gunt.

Look this up if you want.

Good lord, more bullshit...Honestly SOB, I love you man but if you are so turned off by the kick/ban list, go play COD4 where there aren't any rules.  Everyone from the COD side seems to think it's better anyways, I have a feeling you must keep coming back to BF4 for a reason so I'm not sure what to tell you.

We have these kill/kick/ban words on our server for a reason.  We run tracking stats on our servers and since we reset it less than a month ago, we've had almost 10,000 people play our softcore BF4 server and since it started in mid-December we've had over 22,000 total!  Even with all of these communist rules in place!  There probably haven't been that many people play XI's COD4 server in the past 5 years put together.  

The word list isn't large and there honestly isn't too much you cannot say, just the MAJORLY offensive words.  It seems to be working (see above).  It keeps the morons that feel the need to be racist, sexist or just generally dicks to everyone out of our servers because they know we have rules and some of us admins keep an eye out.  There is also nothing that will clear out a server faster than someone being abusive to everyone using overly offensive words.  I've heard hundreds of times over the past months that we have one of the best servers because we don't let people do whatever they want like some other servers.  We try to monitor our servers the best that we can.  Let COD4 keep their no rules, we'll keep our rules and keep 22,197 and counting visitors since stats were put in use in mid-December coming back. 

Just my two cents but if we took yellowsnow's opinion to heart, I'd be called a nigger every ten seconds when I knife someone which is absolutely unacceptable.  Is that word more offensive than cunt to a woman or faggot to a gay person?  In my opinion, they are all overly offensive and need to be monitored on our server.  Nobody is censoring you or anything else, we just want the experience to be better than other servers because quite honestly, we are better.  Every time a rule is made somewhere, there are always people whining and crying about it.  You know what, you don't like it feel free to not play there and go somewhere else...these rules help set us apart and the reason we keep getting people coming back.  Our BF3 server had similiar rules and we reached NUMBER 7 IN THE WORLD rank...explain that if people are so offended by our rule list?  If you not being able to say cunt is that obtrusive to your rights, then go play COD4 where you can call everyone a cunt and laugh away.  If you feel you can get over not using that word, then call the guy a fucker and keep playing.  

Just my two cents...tougher skin is needed by all but without any rules, our servers would lose regular players and become no better than any others.  It's my opinion that XI is what it is today because we are better and we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Flushy

And yet another BF4  Admin comes out and backs all his pals while everyone else thinks it's total bullshit, anymore out there not had their say yet, how you can defend it is beyond me, you are all wrong try taking your heads out of your arses and look around, by the way did you say the word "rules" when  i was Admin i was knocked down time and time again when i mentioned rules and was frequently quoted we only have "two" main rules here, please tell me all these other "rules" you have over there in fantasy land and please do not advise me where i can and can't play here at XI or is that another rule, since when did BF3/4 become a separate entity from the rest of this clan...oh i know the day BF3  came out i remember now.

• Member ID:  1106
  • Followers:  33
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  832
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Achievement Points:  6778
  • Birthday:  06/24/1975

Who kicked your puppy SOB?  Seriously, why so sensitive all of the sudden???  You are asking if this is an adult clan but yet you are responding like my 8 year old daughter when I take her tablet away...

I simply gave you FACTS...fact is that our BF servers are some of the top in the world.  The people who have come out and backed you are COD players, aren't they?  If they don't even play the game, why do we care?  Yes they are XI members so everyone's opinion counts but more to the point, you are asking if we are an adult clan...what does being an adult have to do with being able to say the word cunt.  I would think being an adult would mean you have the self restraint to NOT say it.  Doesn't that make sense?

You telling us that we are wrong "because our heads are in our asses" is ridiculous.  Show me people on our server that don't like these rules.  Show me regulars that play BF4 that don't like these rules.  You can't, it's all of the COD players that think they are ridiculous.  Well, one of the main reasons I stopped playing COD is because of the bullshit.  I got sick of the same people and drama every fucking day.  I didn't like it and I went elsewhere instead of creating drama and crying like a baby.  My opinion was that server could have used some rules but it didn't have them so I left. 

So, let's take all rules away because the "two rules" are bullshit...it's censorship!  I should be able to be racist anytime I want to and call anyone a cunt and call your mom all kinds of names.  Is that better?  Apparently that's what Yellowsnow wants. Sounds great to me.  Someplace I want to go daily to escape real life to be worse than real life.  So our only rule is NO RACISM, well things have changed quite a bit over the past 10 years haven't they?  I have gay friends and they take MAJOR offense to the word faggot just like others take offense to "racist" terms, how is that ANY different since it wasn't their choice to be gay any more than someone's to become black or Jewish?  Do we change it to NO RACISM OR OFFENSIVE HOMOSEXUAL TERMS?

I tell you what, let's take a vote of everyone that ACTUALLY PLAYS BF4 in XI and see what they think.  Given COD4 has their own rules and nobody's asked me what they should be, let's leave them out of it for now.  If everyone who actually plays BF4 doesn't like the rules, we can change them  I'm still going to fight for them as based on personal experience in our server and people continuously telling us we run our servers better than anyone else.  When you have REAL proof other than your feelings were hurt and some COD4 players can say what they want to in their server, then I'll listen.

Flushy

Edited by The Flush

• Member ID:  4
  • Followers:  170
  • Topic Count:  1094
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  5157
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Achievement Points:  43595
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  08/16/1967

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT BELOW IS FROM SENIOR ADMIN AND THIS SUBJECT HAS NOW BEEN CLOSED:

I have just spoken to Damit and Edd The Duck both BF Head Adms and I have had a full explanation of why and how the Bf servers have been set up and the reasons for this.

Both Head Admins have been working together making our servers the highest regarded and in the top 5 servers in Europe.

Both have visited non >XI< servers to see and analyse what works well and why.

They have then as an admin group collectively decided to set up our servers the way they currently are.

Before the set up was made it was noted that due to 64 players all playing at once this brought with it players from all over the world who often used words such as "cunt,fagot,fag" etc and the words were not being used lightly,they were being used to personally attack other players over their game play.

It was noted that once someone had said "you are a cunt" etc then the same came back to the point that all the Bf3 Admins seem to do was constantly warn players in regards of personal attacks and when no admin was on this went on and feedback came back to the Bf3 Admins saying that our servers were just like all the rest and something needed to be done.

Now if you say cunt or fag or faggot etc you get a warning on the screen to mind your language,if you do it a second time you get a second warning and so if you do it a third time you get killed (not kicked or banned).

Kicks are still carried out manually as are bans other that automated bans for racist words.

I like the other Head Admins see this as fair and have agreed with them that this will remain the set up.

What does come through to the Bf3 Adms from visiting players is that >XI< has got it right and this is why people want to play on our servers and this is why we are so highly rated as other servers that allow the attacks to continue have become ugly.

When No admin is in game this automated system continues to work and keep the server a place people want to play.

If the word Nigger or other such racist words are used the automated system does ban.

The Bf3 Admins are doing the very best here for the clan and the majority and we do not want to make any changes to this.