Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Terrorist attacks in Canada

Sonovabich

• Member ID:  42
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8265
  • Content Per Day:  1.54
  • Achievement Points:  53619
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959
  • Device:  Windows

Just so were all on the same page here. Not a soul knows this guy right now  or what he is or is not. What they do know is some guy wearing a bandana ( in the 60 he would of been called a cowboy) shot a soldier and then ran into the Center Block of parliament. The other thing we now know is the press can get people to believe anything. What I do know is its looking like the terrorists have won and we go crazy every time some nut gets loose.

• Member ID:  1387
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2540
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  19552
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/05/1968

The Death Cult Isis strikes again?

Who were the Assailants attached to?

• Member ID:  20166
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

A salute to a true hero, Kevin Vicars, sergeant-at-arms in the Canadian Parliament. Well done sir!!!

• Member ID:  21276
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Achievement Points:  816
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1963

I am very, very, very angry and sad.

Have angry not only to These ...... Basdarts

the murdered These two soldiers and criticaly injured another, but

to all politicians in Canada, USA and Europe who say ISIS, Al Qaeda and the

Muslim Brotherhood have nothing to do with Islam to do.

I think, no I know that there is only gulty of These crimes in Canada now

and every day Yemen the Gulf States and everyhere where Muslims are

spread out.  ISLAM.

I know that this comment Incorrectet politically.

But there are at all times People dare despite sensur to tell truth.

just as Martin Luther once said in Worms

"Here I stand, I can not otherwise"

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims today and their families.

Awards

• Member ID:  20343
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3381
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  30034
  • Birthday:  07/01/1983

From what I read this was a mentally disturbed individual. He had converted to Islam 10 years ago not sure when that comes in to play in relation to his recent actions. I suppose at some point he rationalized murder as taking action for whatever cause he had come to believe in. Pathetic! May the families of the victims find solace in the fact he is not out there to harm anyone anymore.

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I hardly think commenting about possible terrorist attacks in London on this forum will get you locked up Keggy.

@@Sonovabich I am afraid it is you who are mistaken and, given my 30 years of experience in English criminal law, I trust you

will believe me that the courts take a dim view of those who publicly discuss live criminal proceedings in this country.  The relevant

law is the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and the Attorney General issued specific advice to users of social media earlier this year.

Those who flout this law do invariably spend time in prison.

Whilst the readership of the XI forums is lower than Facebook or Twitter, the fact that is is accessible via Google searches does

mean that a wider readership could be assumed, thereby potentially bringing within the provisions of the legislation.

Therefore, a wise rule of thumb is that, when there is a trial pending or in progress, STFU!

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

@@DEEJAYKEG Here all these years I though all them PM's about you wanted to arrest me was a joke. :(

• Member ID:  3682
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1834
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  14780
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/12/1960
  • Device:  Android

Once again I am SOOO glad that I have a conceal and carry permit...

@@DEEJAYKEG Here all these years I though all them PM's about you wanted to arrest me was a joke. :(

Can't you read?  I said, "FFS, Hxtr, give it a rest!" :smiling:

Retired now so I am having a rest. :fun:

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Thank you for your concern Keggy, you worry about yourself and let the rest of us worry about ourselves,  but i will not shut up talking about terrorist attacks on my country or any other country we are allied with, if the wankers in the governments are watching this website i hope they start to understand 0.0001% of how we feel and maybe they will get their heads out of their arseholes and look after the people who really matter.....fuck all terrorists and fuck all governments who are soft on them, oh yeah i am fucked on Facebook too because i and many others also express my opinions there too, (jails are gonna be even fuller) there is much too much censorship in our supposedly free countries.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  25938
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  1493
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Achievement Points:  13299
  • Birthday:  08/08/1961

Now now...I'm sure this is just another work place incident...nothing to see here...

Oh! look another "work place incident"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5FS4ezH7OA

Wish we had a strong leader like Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Time to start carrying my concealed carry pistol...

jn

Edited by JohnnieNashville

Just so we can all be on the same page. From here on in anything that looks bad domestic dispute ect ect. And islam is involved whether it be an islamic tv show on the tube or there is a temple in the area Or maybe the person doing the EVIL deed has spoken to ao co worker who knows a muslim will be called a terrorist attack. By doing this the government will not have to answer for poverty or mental illness in the streets of our countries. Because thats not the problem terrorists are the problem. I find it so sad that the terrorist have us so tightly wound up shit like this happens in our daily life now.

No I will apologize to the family of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo I'm sorry for there loss. He died in the line of duty and he died an honourable death because of what he was doing. He did not die a hero like everybody seems to like to say. We only lower what true heros have done in the past by calling every death by a soldier a hero. I'm also sorry for the press and the politicians for what they are about to do to your lives. 

Kevin Michael Vickers hailed as a hero. No he is not that, he is a great man and did an outstanding thing. But he was doing his job thats all. How can you call him a hero when over 50 shots were fired. What about that unarmed security officer who was shoot trying to take the rifle away that was a very brave thing to do. Vickers my guess is he was  given the honour of the kill because it would be damm near impossible to tell what shoot killed him. There were signs of heros at this mess though. 

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/you-are-so-loved-ottawa-lawyer-describes-trying-to-save-cirillo-1.2069004

I think as a people we should not lose our values by degrading them to the point of meaningless gobbly goup. I do not mean to disrespect anyone by this post but I fell it must be said. My dad was a very brave man but he was no hero and I'm glad for that its not a bad thing by any means. 

• Member ID:  5470
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2482
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  22894
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968

After reading @@DEEJAYKEG post I guess we still have free speech in America. Wow, that is a law that would never become a law in the U.S. Even if it did it wouldn't stop anyone. Bravo for you @@Sonovabich. If there were more people like you in your country there would be less ridiculous laws like that!

Edited by codpiece

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

After reading @@DEEJAYKEG post I guess we still have free speech in America. Wow, that is a law that would never become a law in the U.S. Even if it did it wouldn't stop anyone. Bravo for you @@Sonovabich. If there were more people like you in your country there would be less ridiculous laws like that!

I think your country will have a law like that @@codpiece, this law came into power in our country in 1981 (before internet and social media) i am sure we must have had some sort of law that dealt with this before that date too, it is really aimed at people who are serving on jury's, i have served on a jury and if anyone here has also had that honour then we all know it is a crime to speak to anybody about the case you are active on, today with so many outlets to vent our opinions ie Facebook, Twitter etc it is probably more relevant then ever, but to say we are going to be arrested because we talk about terrorism or people who have been arrested for terrorist activity is a bit wide of the mark as far as i am concerned, going on to Facebook and Twitter and making racist and hate posts is completely different then talking about some shit who has just shot an unarmed soldier, i don't know how we can make jury changing decisions commenting on cases we are only reading about in the news and probably in most cases after the trial is over, this is aimed at people serving on a Jury m8, i know since i sat on a Jury in May 2000 there has been a lot of talk in the UK about having no jury and just letting Judges make all the decisions, similar to South Africa and the Pistorius debacle i think this will happen one day, i don't know if this will be a good thing or a bad thing to be honest.

Edited by Sonovabich

I think your country will have a law like that @@codpiece, this law came into power in our country in 1981 (before internet and social media) i am sure we must have had some sort of law that dealt with this before that date too, it is really aimed at people who are serving on jury's, i have served on a jury and if anyone here has also had that honour then we all know it is a crime to speak to anybody about the case you are active on, today with so many outlets to vent our opinions ie Facebook, Twitter etc it is probably more relevant then ever, but to say we are going to be arrested because we talk about terrorism or people who have been arrested for terrorist activity is a bit wide of the mark as far as i am concerned, going on to Facebook and Twitter and making racist and hate posts is completely different then talking about some shit who has just shot an unarmed soldier, i don't know how we can make jury changing decisions commenting on cases we are only reading about in the news and probably in most cases after the trial is over, this is aimed at people serving on a Jury m8, i know since i sat on a Jury in May 2000 there has been a lot of talk in the UK about having no jury and just letting Judges make all the decisions, similar to South Africa and the Pistorius debacle i think this will happen one day, i don't know if this will be a good thing or a bad thing to be honest.

You are spot on, SOB, and the law was intended to prevent publication, in newspapers or via radio or TV of anything that could prejudice a fair trial.

Now we are all potential citizen journalists with access to the world via forums and YouTube, the law applies as much to us as to the paper publications.

Jurors are instructed to behave in certain ways e.g. not to research cases on the Internet and, as we have seen recently, should they disobey the judge,

they are imprisoned.  Contempt of court, like perverting the course of justice, has always been seen as a very serious criminal offence.

It has always amazed me that the press in the USA report on cases in minute detail right from the outset but the legal system is far from identical there.

Courts without juries have operated during the Northern Irish "Troubles" and they were called Diplock Courts.

@@codpiece We have not been able to exercise freedom of speech in this country for years.  Even street preachers spreading the word of God have been

arrested.  Even saying some things inside private premises can be unlawful.  I'm pleased to say that one public order offence has been amended so

if someone merely finds what you are saying "insulting", they can't just summon a copper and have you arrested!

Thank you for your concern Keggy, you worry about yourself and let the rest of us worry about ourselves,  but i will not shut up talking about terrorist attacks on my country or any other country we are allied with, if the wankers in the governments are watching this website i hope they start to understand 0.0001% of how we feel and maybe they will get their heads out of their arseholes and look after the people who really matter.....fuck all terrorists and fuck all governments who are soft on them, oh yeah i am fucked on Facebook too because i and many others also express my opinions there too, (jails are gonna be even fuller) there is much too much censorship in our supposedly free countries.

You do what you want to, mate.  I have posted nothing suggesting otherwise.

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4669
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41044
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963

Yes lads, freedom of speech died here in the nineties with the coming of "hate crimes". This is a poorly defined set of laws that can be construed to mean anything the prosecuter needs to argue a case. Any dissent can be argued as "racist", or with hateful intent.

In any case, I was deeply alarmed and saddend by the events in Canada. Condolences, and solidarity toward our northern neighbors.

• Member ID:  582
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  361
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3272
  • Birthday:  11/22/1956

Deejaykeg, thanks for the post, but because of the efforts of all police and security forces, all the recent assailants are dead. (justice served) Even internal investigators are going to have an easy job. If big brother is listening, good, that's their job!

Edited by Logan

• Member ID:  480
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  250
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2644
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Achievement Points:  45829
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

Watched the procession via Twitter last night of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's journey from Ottawa down what is called over here "The Highway Of Heros" a section of Highway 401, to his hometown of Hamilton Ontario (30 minutes from where i live) There was a HUGE out pouring of emotion and support over the 400+ km drive. Every overpass along the way was clogged with people and Service Members and Canadian Flags. Seeing the support brought out from all walks of life here in Canada is heart warming to say the least. Here are a few pictures from Nathans final journey.

post-480-0-47226700-1414249489_thumb.jpegpost-480-0-76851500-1414249504_thumb.jpegpost-480-0-15354000-1414249519_thumb.jpegpost-480-0-43816800-1414249536_thumb.jpeg

A Canadian Band also made a moving tribute song about the Highway Of Hero's if you have to time give it a listen

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends, may he never be forgotten

Also thoughts and prayers to ALL service members worldwide be it Army Navy Police Hospital anything, thank you for what you do

A PROUD Canadian

• Member ID:  2069
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  214
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2411
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  18298
  • Birthday:  08/08/1966

• Member ID:  1194
  • Topic Count:  436
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  6692
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Achievement Points:  53094
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  04/15/1960

People can argue on whether or not Vickers is a hero for his actions taking down the shooter, but in my mind he is a hero without a doubt.

In this video they give a very detailed account of how he did it.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=46a_1414248162

He was on the other side of a marble pillar just inches from the shooter, then he dove around the pillar and as he was falling to the ground emptied his gun at the shooter and killed him.  That is bad ass.

Yes he did his job, just as a Secret Service agent would jump in front the president and take a bullet for him. But my feeling is that part of the job for these men is to take heroic measures in the performance of their jobs, and Vickers did just that in fine fashion.  Vickers grabbed a gun and eliminated the threat in a means that would rival the best Hollywood movie with no regard toward his personal safety. Anybody that is willing to sacrifice their own life trying to save others, regardless if it's a cop, or a fireman, a soldier or a Sgt of Arms is a hero in my book.

Edited by little_old_man

• Member ID:  5470
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  371
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2482
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Achievement Points:  22894
  • Birthday:  09/17/1968

We do have a law for jurors to keep quiet while serving. I didn't know that's what you guys were talking about. 

So then what about this guy http://www.conservapedia.com/Joe_Montana is he a hero really ?? This page calls him one http://www.conservapedia.com/Gallery_of_American_Heroes . I don't know but my idea of hero is not there's I guess. Don't get me wrong here Vickers did a great thing no doubt in my mind but it not the stuff of heroes. To me this is hero stuff http://www.conservapedia.com/Alvin_York . The rest is very brave and hard as nails stuff then there's the tough shit then the in line of duty stuff ECT ECT . Thats what I;'m saying we're dropping the standard of hero here and its not fair to the heroes. 

• Member ID:  220
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  147
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  16950
  • Content Per Day:  3.17
  • Achievement Points:  129713
  • Days Won:  120
  • Birthday:  04/05/1970

Join the military and you loss all forms of free speech. I couldn't cuss out my boss Bill Clinton like I wanted to.

• Member ID:  20166
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

You are spot on, SOB, and the law was intended to prevent publication, in newspapers or via radio or TV of anything that could prejudice a fair trial.

Now we are all potential citizen journalists with access to the world via forums and YouTube, the law applies as much to us as to the paper publications.

Jurors are instructed to behave in certain ways e.g. not to research cases on the Internet and, as we have seen recently, should they disobey the judge,

they are imprisoned.  Contempt of court, like perverting the course of justice, has always been seen as a very serious criminal offence.

It has always amazed me that the press in the USA report on cases in minute detail right from the outset but the legal system is far from identical there.

Courts without juries have operated during the Northern Irish "Troubles" and they were called Diplock Courts.

@@codpiece We have not been able to exercise freedom of speech in this country for years.  Even street preachers spreading the word of God have been

arrested.  Even saying some things inside private premises can be unlawful.  I'm pleased to say that one public order offence has been amended so

if someone merely finds what you are saying "insulting", they can't just summon a copper and have you arrested!

"A publication made as or as part of a discussion in good faith of public affairs or other matters of general public interest is not to be treated as a contempt of court under the strict liability rule if the risk of impediment or prejudice to particular legal proceedings is merely incidental to the discussion."