Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

AMD Ryzen!!! Intel you my now bow down!!!

Texas

• Member ID:  2821
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Achievement Points:  4523
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/07/1984
  • Device:  Android

Edited by Texas

I was once an Intel sucker but found AMD a long time ago and have never looked back! got my Ryzen 1800 per ordered with the AM4 Gigabyte mobo!!!!!

• Member ID:  5841
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Achievement Points:  4384

This review is garbage in itself. No list of specs? Different CPU means different MB, probably different ram and a different GPU bottleneck if not flat out different GPU even too lol

Not apples and apples.

Use the same Ram and GPU in the same vendor MB of equivalent series and compare and get back to us.

Intel also hasn't released it's latest flagship due out either still. They still have 7800/7900k series stuff to release this year from what I recall have additional cores.

That said, I'm always down for more competition, it lowers the prices for us all but end of the day AMD will always be the budget version. It's good bang for the buck but never can be the "best". Of course the "best" does have a lot larger cost so it just comes down to $ and ones definition of "best" I guess. Most enthusiast are willing the pay the premium though for bragging rights lol.

The whole budget thing is why you always see consoles with AMD and not Intel and yet computers always blow consoles away. It's catering to the masses budget friendly. Hopefully though AMD continues to get better. That will drive Intel to wake up too and we all win in that case!

FWIW too the whole intel v. AMD is more a problem too because programming and not the HW.

Most programs simply don't thread and scale properly. AMD could technically pull ahead a lot more BUT until SW catches up it doesn't matter.

Here are post similar to yours but flipped the other way saying Intel wins still:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/03/intel-still-beats-ryzen-at-games-but-how-much-does-it-matter/

It's a pointless battle though. Not saying you're wrong for going AMD route, it is still good value, just it is not an OMG they beat intel thing.

Edited by B-Murda

• Member ID:  21216
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1695
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15803
  • Birthday:  02/09/1966

This review is garbage in itself. No list of specs? Different CPU means different MB, probably different ram and a different GPU bottleneck if not flat out different GPU even too lol

Not apples and apples.

Use the same Ram and GPU in the same vendor MB of equivalent series and compare and get back to us.

Intel also hasn't released it's latest flagship due out either still. They still have 7800/7900k series stuff to release this year from what I recall have additional cores.

That said, I'm always down for more competition, it lowers the prices for us all but end of the day AMD will always be the budget version. It's good bang for the buck but never can be the "best". Of course the "best" does have a lot larger cost so it just comes down to $ and ones definition of "best" I guess. Most enthusiast are willing the pay the premium though for bragging rights lol.

The whole budget thing is why you always see consoles with AMD and not Intel and yet computers always blow consoles away. It's catering to the masses budget friendly. Hopefully though AMD continues to get better. That will drive Intel to wake up too and we all win in that case!

FWIW too the whole intel v. AMD is more a problem too because programming and not the HW.

Most programs simply don't thread and scale properly. AMD could technically pull ahead a lot more BUT until SW catches up it doesn't matter.

Here are post similar to yours but flipped the other way saying Intel wins still:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/03/intel-still-beats-ryzen-at-games-but-how-much-does-it-matter/

It's a pointless battle though. Not saying you're wrong for going AMD route, it is still good value, just it is not an OMG they beat intel thing.

intel whore! +1

• Member ID:  20371
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  159
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  306
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2726
  • Birthday:  06/11/1966
  • Device:  Windows

I was once an Intel sucker but found AMD a long time ago and have never looked back! got my Ryzen 1800 per ordered with the AM4 Gigabyte mobo!!!!!

I was once an AMD sucker ..Phenom...FX   Ryzen does not in any way make up for it, esp at the minimal differences in price / performance. No mention of specs on  GPU  or Mobos as already mentioned makes the benchmark video to be taken with a grain of salt. I also noticed in the AMD half the player is mostly looking downward while the Intel side the viewpoint is more upward keeping more detail in view...  For example my i7 6700k will do GTA V around 158-164fps @1080p everything on ultra/ high as it goes with a 1080 GTx and around 170-180 fps if I look at the ground.... 

I have looked at Ryzen specs/ actual benchmarks for various real world applications, for multi monitor 4k+ gaming it is worth  looking at.  For proven longevity and stability I'll stick with Intel even if it costs me a few bucks more.

The Ryzen platform looks much better than their previous ones, at least now they can compete with Intel which is a good thing for everyone. If they don't put up good numbers financially with Ryzen it may be the end for AMD and that would be bad for everyone. 

Edited by ~Marley

• Member ID:  20683
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  138
  • Topic Count:  309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  3344
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Achievement Points:  45173
  • Days Won:  22
  • Device:  iPhone

Definitely Ryzen did a solid for Intel PC builders, it made them drop the price by $70-$80!  Competition is a good thing, everyone wins!!

• Member ID:  2162
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Definitely Ryzen did a solid for Intel PC builders, it made them drop the price by $70-$80!  Competition is a good thing, everyone wins!!

Except for AMD they Finally caught up to Intels 4th generation of CPUs lol. i7-5830K even though it's a 6 core still performs better in every single core operation.

Try comparing the best AMD Ryzen cpu to Intel's best current consumer CPU lol. i7-6950X 10 core 20 thread cpu smokes the Ryzen cpus like a blunt in every benchmark.

It's about damn time they fixed the fucking memory controller. There was a serious problem with the memory write and re write speeds in the older "8 core" AMD chips. My FX 8350 8 core is decent for single core operations but damn slow and often stuttering badly when processing multi core operations. Basically it buffers everything twice inside the cpu because the way the cores were layed out. They had to split the memory controller into 2 separate controllers which also upped power consumption greatly and the heat.

If you don't have a tight budget go with an Intel chip.For the price though the Ryzen does look decent.

Edited by J3st3rXI

Try comparing the best AMD Ryzen cpu to Intel's best current consumer CPU lol. i7-6950X 10 core 20 thread cpu smokes the Ryzen cpus like a blunt in every benchmark.

That is a $995 CPU, more than most folks on here spent for their entire PC rig, not a valid comparison iMHO.

That is a $995 CPU, more than most folks on here spent for their entire PC rig, not a valid comparison iMHO.

Correction just looked it up and my boys at newegg have it for $1649, even more than I spent on my gaming rig including a 4ghz i7 and GTX1080, if you want to talk about those types of rigs we can but I don't think it's in this space: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117643&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-N82E16819117643&gclid=CPXbwfbC59ICFViBswod9doAdw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by YACCster

• Member ID:  24295
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

I am and always will be an AMD supporter. I do not give a rats ass what anyone says!!! :sofa::animier:

• Member ID:  5841
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  608
  • Achievement Points:  4384

I've personally got nothing against AMD. I don't think they are bad but it's just preference.

As I said, it's a good value to performance. That said it makes them basically a budget type CPU.

This is no different vs. a car. Honda vs. BMW for example. Doesn't mean Honda cars suck just because nicer cars are out.

I just hope that with AMD taking the road of more cores vs. Intel taking the road of less cores but higher clocks it will force SW to be designed better. One reason the 6 and 10 core Intel CPU's never became really affordable is because they don't sell well and have little valid use. In most cases a quad core Intel will beat a 6 or 10 core Intel even in games because the less core versions have higher clocks or are new arch. and games don't do multi-thread scaling well.

If AMD can push people to change that this will make all CPU's run better. It was less effort before because high core count CPU's didn't really end up in every day computers.

I think it will be an interesting next 2-3 years.

That said, can't wait to see the new Intel stuff coming out after Skylake and the new Nvidia stuff coming out shortly after. What's odd is when AMD and ATI combined I thought they'd do better but they've not really really stepped up IMO.

• Member ID:  2162
  • Followers:  153
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  5080
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Achievement Points:  44606
  • Birthday:  02/26/1972

Actually comparing 1 of the best Intel chips VS AMDs latest and greatest. If you do that there is no comparison between the 2. IMO AMD will always be a bit behind when it comes to CPUs.  

• Member ID:  2048
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  6689
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Achievement Points:  48999
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/30/1967

i just knew Hitler was gonna comment on this eventually  that evil fucken cocksuckka

I hope ryzen kiks intels ass and makes intell better for the competition

• Member ID:  77
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Followers:  111
  • Topic Count:  1018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7527
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Achievement Points:  69486
  • Days Won:  47

Read all the comments from the link in this post.I really don't care cause my AMD works just fine and I don't have that new Ryzen,but I am happy with my  AMD 8 core 8350, 4 Ghz and my 8 gig RX 480  Radeon Video card,Intel was too much money for a retired guy.

• Member ID:  25134
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  717
  • Birthday:  12/17/1971

I was AMD for the last ten years. Was not that impressed with the performance. You get what you pay for I guess. Now I have an I7 Kabylake build and it lays AMD to waste. The new 1800 Cpu from AMD is $100.00 more than 7700k and it's still trying to catch up in the wake of Intel. I'm never going back to AMD. NEVER!

• Member ID:  489
  • Followers:  51
  • Topic Count:  547
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  4668
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Achievement Points:  41007
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  01/09/1963
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I'm with Johnny, just slapped together a rig based on a biostar mb and vishera 6300. It'll do for now. If I didn't care about money it would definitely been an i7, but I stopped buying the latest and greatest some time ago. Most games I play are for the comradery of the players, not for the games themselves.

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083
  • Days Won:  13

Its the Motherboard that makes or breaks a cpu !!!

yup

Edited by Texas

• 4 weeks later...

WOW, AMD just forced Intel and Nvidia to run scared.  Intel's stepping up their release schedule and so is Nvidia, 1080 series dropped in price and will be discontinued by end of year!

• Member ID:  24295
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Days Won:  17

On 3/20/2017 at 7:08 PM, ~Marley said:

The Ryzen platform looks much better than their previous ones, at least now they can compete with Intel which is a good thing for everyone. If they don't put up good numbers financially with Ryzen it may be the end for AMD and that would be bad for everyone. 

AMD has always and will continue to be a royal pain in intel's ass. AMD is going to wipe intel again shortly after intel releases their next over priced item.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-ryzen-7-1700x-review-benchmarks

My husband just put his new upgrade together today and he is really impressed with it.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core, 16 Threads Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler | Socket AM4, 3.0GHz Base/ 3.7 GHz Boost, 14nm, 65W

GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 Socket AM4 AMD B350 Chipset | Dual Channel DDR4 3200(O.C.), PCI-E 3.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, M.2 | USB 3.1, HDMI, DVI-D, ATX Motherboard, RGB Fusion

G.SKILL Trident Z Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Memory Kit 1.35V

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8GB (GV-N1070WF2OC-8GD) | 1556 MHz Base/1771 MHz Boost , 8008 MHz Memory | PCI-E 3.0, 1xDVI-D, 1xHDMI 2.0, 3xDP

• Member ID:  25747
  • Group:  ++ Minecraft Admin
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  733

AMD isnt bad but i would still go with intel any day. Better investment i reckon

• Member ID:  3453
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  668
  • Achievement Points:  5126
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  04/22/1975

I was always a amd and ati fan but the bugs and crashes got to me .. it more important to be stable and I get that with intel and NVidia ... so radeon got worst drivers and driver support.