Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Could I have a rules interpretation please

grape-drank

• Member ID:  8435
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  35
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I am a weekly guest of the XI servers, a privilege I appreciate very much.  I don't have a mic so membership is not something for me.  Up until this evening I thought I had a firm command of the rules.

It is my understanding that due to the nature of our gaming style, especially the colorful way we express ourselves from time-to-time that XI is strictly an adult server.  I seem to recall an Admin weighing in on that subject at some point.  I pointed out to a 9 year old that he was not supposed to be on the server.  I could be wrong; if I am the mistake will not be made again.  There were players that weighed in , in favor of the child playing to which I stated I disagree.  They eloquently pointed out that I was a guest and that I could leave if I did not like it.  They were absolutely right, I am a guest, its a privilege of me being there and it may have been out-of-line for me to express my interpretation of the rules.   Maybe some clarification is in order.  I don't feel comfortable using the type of colorful language we use from time-to-time in the presence of a 9 year old, and as a father of small children I wouldn't want my children to hear that.  

If I was wrong in telling that child he should not be on the server I would like to apologize to the entire XI membership and Admins.  

Thank you for allowing me to be a guest on your servers,

Tony 

AKA- Grape-Drank

• Member ID:  1450
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1210
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  7995
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  06/02/1997
  • Device:  Linux

Children are allowed to play on the servers. You cannot stop people from playing just because of their age. If they had no mic and did not type how would you know what age they are? If parents of the child allow them to play and are aware of what goes on in the servers then that's their choice. You can agree or disagree. If you know a young child is in servers and don't want to use bad language, then don't. If you want to, go ahead. I played on these very servers when I was ten with my parents fully aware of what discussions and language occurred. It is up to the parents.  

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008
  • Device:  Windows

Go on youtube and look for MW3 gameplay. Many 9 year olds and their language will shock you.

• Member ID:  2313
  • Group:  Fallen Members
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

yes it is true that this is an adult server...however in all honesty we really cant govern open public servers that minors have access to....on the other hand yes we do allow minors play on our servers all ages are allowed....all we ask is keep in mind when like telling dirty jokes or certain way of talkn when they on is being said in front of them should be limited...just keep in mind that our rules and policies are ours to make and some of our members dont like it when registered users says something...but if you ever have problem and/or question bout something always feel free to ask them in our forums that what they are here for...

• Member ID:  2313
  • Topic Count:  330
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  4924
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Achievement Points:  33897
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/26/1974

Go on youtube and look for MW3 gameplay. Many 9 year olds and their language will shock you.

ikr...totally agree...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL2J2HWN714

• Member ID:  45
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  9046
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Achievement Points:  66033
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1951

First welcome to the forum Grape-Drank , Yes we do allow minors to play , It's the up to there parents to police them , But if they get out of contol we will bann them like anyone else, And if there using there parents game key it will banned to , I know sometimes a 9 year old can get a irratating ,

• Member ID:  1217
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1596
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Achievement Points:  14592
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/21/1978
  • Device:  Android

Grape I was the player and the reason I said if you did not like it you could leave was because after I told you 3 times it's up to the parent to  police the child not us you kept at it ...Now if I come across as rude I am sorry but  when I told you it was ok you had to just keep at it .....

• Member ID:  480
  • Followers:  72
  • Topic Count:  251
  • Content Count:  2648
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  45908
  • Days Won:  30
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

My 9 year old son plays the game. He plays with the knowledge that he doesnt repeat what he hears. As an admin i AM fully aware of how things tend to get, to be honest, i have watched him play with speakers on, he doesnt pay attention to the ramblings, just the game talk as he is always trying to do his best to get a good score. When i see a Jr on (with the exception of our Jr's and Vicky who are on the cusp of adulthood AND act more adult then most people on the server!) i tend to try to tone it down a bit, that is MY preference and by NO  means a rule of any sort and i dont expect anyone to tone it down when my kids are on. Keep playing, have fun and enjoy the game, if you are uncomfotable cussing and swearing when kids are on... then dont do it... but not everyone thinks the same.

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  1671
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20186
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966
  • Device:  Android

My 9 year old son plays the game. He plays with the knowledge that he doesnt repeat what he hears. As an admin i AM fully aware of how things tend to get, to be honest, i have watched him play with speakers on, he doesnt pay attention to the ramblings, just the game talk as he is always trying to do his best to get a good score. When i see a Jr on (with the exception of our Jr's and Vicky who are on the cusp of adulthood AND act more adult then most people on the server!) i tend to try to tone it down a bit, that is MY preference and by NO  means a rule of any sort and i dont expect anyone to tone it down when my kids are on. Keep playing, have fun and enjoy the game, if you are uncomfotable cussing and swearing when kids are on... then dont do it... but not everyone thinks the same.

Than you Stormy ,My thoughts, and you saved me some typing :)))

• Member ID:  34
  • Followers:  47
  • Topic Count:  182
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2097
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Achievement Points:  14880
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/29/1966

yup...its like letting your kids watch southpark because its a cartoon...i never did with my son..no way.

I AM DA GAMECHANGER AND I DONT KNOW YOU ARE A KID ON SERVER TIL I HEAR YOU SPEAK...THEN I DONT CARE. THEN I MUTE YOU AND RAZ MY BUDS IN A TYPICALLY ADULT XI MANNER!!!

• Member ID:  3036
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

ikr...totally agree...

Perfect example. Of course if it were up to me I would ban his ass for being annoying.

• Member ID:  1566
  • Topic Count:  1152
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7674
  • Content Per Day:  1.51
  • Achievement Points:  68081
  • Days Won:  8

stormcrows hit the nail on the head enjoy the game and keep playing

• Member ID:  1642
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  900
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6952
  • Birthday:  07/30/1958

ikr...totally agree...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL2J2HWN714

this kid should be banned, and if this was my kid he would no longer have a computer or console. He would be perma banned by me

• Member ID:  255
  • Group:  ++ COD2 Admin
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1809
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  15969
  • Days Won:  22
  • Birthday:  12/17/1957

Grape Drink I was in that server when you told that young
boy to leave, he was polite and respectful I enjoyed playing with him as I do
with you, you  are a very competitive player. I'm going to guess that you might of  been having a bad day. I played with you before
and I did not see any negative issues. But today was another matter you called
me out on being on a spawn point, first this is the first time I played this
map and don't know where the spawn points are. second after being killed by you
twice from that so called spawn where you were camped from where you 
killed me 2 times from, I came across the map and killed you and you came back tree
times and I got lucky and killed you all three times.

My real is issue is sportsmanship I get killed  so many
times at spawn points or just seconds after I spawned and you will never here me complain,,,,, its just part of the game.

For some reason their seems to be a small minority of whiners on this server like I never seen before, if I did not
love the maps and mods I would never player on this server. Of course theirs a
lot of fun and great folks playing on this server too and they are the majority,  I would like to suggest to you that in

the future you really make sure your  right before you go a whine tangent and
accuse someone in error and be one of our cool guys you certainly know how to
play.

Most important the fact that you apologized says something

good about you and I respect you for that.............

Ted

• Member ID:  1238
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1207
  • Content Count:  6083
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Achievement Points:  50727
  • Days Won:  11
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I'm not sure whether the issue features in Admins' training or the wider perceptions of our gaming community

but one thing I would ask people to look out for when children are playing on the clan's servers are any

attempts to elicit personal information from them.  If someone seems over-friendly towards a child in the game,

it may indicate something more sinister.  I know the problem of "grooming" is associated more with social

networks but, if guest kids are going to be permitted to play, we should look out for them whilst they're here.

I haven't read about any instances of this occurring, but, as the authorities polish their act with regards to

predators using other online means, the threat cannot be precluded.

I'd suggest that Admins and users take similar action to that used when we suspect cheating - video with audio

would capture voice chat and noting time/date/server/map would help retrieve any chat log for referral to local

law enforcement.  It seems logical that any such action by a player towards a child would result in a permanent ban?

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1200
  • Content Count:  6529
  • Content Per Day:  1.25
  • Achievement Points:  63453
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

I have seen some very good points made here and while I would agree with most of them it occurs to me the only ones we really should address are the ones that directly involves our servers and clan and all servers. We can't use youtube to excuse or judge what is right and wrong on our servers. They may be valid but not as part of this discussion.  I wasn't there and some that were has spoken and said what happened and Rascal let me just say you said exactly what I would have said in a very well spoken piece. Thank you for being up on the rules and how to answer questions about them. Some times someone like me who has a very protective mindset about these servers gets to over the top, but the rules for us here are what matters. I too have reservations about the use of language with miners, but that's just me. My mouth sometimes runs away but children make me take a second thought. Our servers are for us to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Beings that is the case then don't cause a scene about language unless it is one of two uses. A personal attack or a racial slur of any kind> Keg I believe what you posted should be what all of us adults should do anytime we have a cluse someone is out of order and putting a child at risk. I appreciate your thoughts and comments about that. We all need to be reminded how big and ugly the world we live in from time to time even in places where we go to play and relax. Thanks DeeJayKeg!

• Member ID:  822
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  317
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5477
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Achievement Points:  42632
  • Days Won:  20
  • Birthday:  03/01/1967

I agree 100%. I allow both, my 11 year old son and 9 year old daughter to play. No complaints,  the ramblings on the servers are milk and cookies compared to the things they hear at school.

• Member ID:  1965
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1176
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Achievement Points:  8599
  • Birthday:  02/11/1969

I'm not sure whether the issue features in Admins' training or the wider perceptions of our gaming community

but one thing I would ask people to look out for when children are playing on the clan's servers are any

attempts to elicit personal information from them.  If someone seems over-friendly towards a child in the game,

it may indicate something more sinister.  I know the problem of "grooming" is associated more with social

networks but, if guest kids are going to be permitted to play, we should look out for them whilst they're here.

I haven't read about any instances of this occurring, but, as the authorities polish their act with regards to

predators using other online means, the threat cannot be precluded.

I'd suggest that Admins and users take similar action to that used when we suspect cheating - video with audio

would capture voice chat and noting time/date/server/map would help retrieve any chat log for referral to local

law enforcement.  It seems logical that any such action by a player towards a child would result in a permanent ban?

wtf?,,,,how did this get this derailed?,,,it boils down to parent your kid or let him hear colourful language...two options, this is way overboard.who ta piss would ask a kid their information?unless it was who's kid are you...[clan member],,my nephew just laughs at all the sentence enhancers we use sometimes...this is going a bit over the top Mr. Keg.

• Member ID:  266
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Achievement Points:  3852
  • Birthday:  11/16/1964

• Member ID:  755
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  2191
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Achievement Points:  14309
  • Birthday:  01/14/1982

Hey Grape, welcome to the forums. :welcome: Nice to see you around here.

As many members and admins said above: Children are allowed and it is not in our hand to control them. If their parents
allow them to play games which are rated 18+... There is nothing any admin can do against this kids. Sure, they could ban them,

but why? For playing a game? IMHO there are only two reasons: they are disrespectful or offensive to other players. 

Also you can not expect  from all players to change their gaming style or terms.
We have junior members like Rascal, Cobrabites Jr and many more. And playing with them is always fun.

See you on the field :)