Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

I Would Prefer More Aggressive Banning Of Suspicious Players

• Member ID:  4591
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  189
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to see a little more aggressive banning on suspicious players.  I don't care whether they're a cheater or not; suspicious players affect the overall atmosphere of the server.  Aggressive yet fair policing of the server will send a message that we as a group do not fuck around.  If suspicious players and cheaters find our server to be “soft” they’re going to start showing up in droves.  The only way to keep assholes out of our sever is to set precedent and treat everyone the same way.  Here is what I’m proposing as a server policy.

I would like to see policing of server to be strict and firm and leave re-entry to the server solely upon the individual who was banned.  For instance, if a regular or XI member reports a player, after sufficient research of stats and former game play, that player should be immediately banned temporarily.  Even if their stats are borderline a temporary ban should be issued. Associated with the temporary ban would be the following verbiage, “We are truly sorry. We have suspicions about your game play, this is not a conviction, we would just like to know more about you.  Please feel free to join us on Team Speak or our website to discuss this matter .  If you make the effort to contact us, your temporary ban will more than likely be immediately lifted.” 

If the person doesn’t want to take the initiative, fuck em their loss.  If they do take the initiative, we’ll know more about the individual, in return helping admins with their decision of what kind of player they want on the server.  If they’re a dick, sorry see you later.  If they’re cool and have a valid plea, let them back in.  Even if the person was legitimately cheating but we couldn’t prove it, if they’re respectful, give them a second chance. This might start to sway people who use cheats to shut them off while in our server.  Don't think of it as a ban, more like a "hey we'd like to get to know you."

Leave it up to the individual who is banned to stand up for themselves.  If a person really wants to play on the server, they should be willing to show their loyalty to us as a team and fair game play.  Set precedent, keep a structure, and treat all infractions and suspicions game play the same way.  Get to know the people who seem suspicious, I guarantee, if they aree really cheating they'll leave and will not contact  for re-entry.

Tyrone Shoelaces

Edited by Tyrone_Shoelaces

• Member ID:  842
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  62
  • Topic Count:  278
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3712
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  28451
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  05/04/1965
  • Device:  Windows

I would like to see a little more aggressive banning on suspicious players.  I don't care whether they're a cheater or not; suspicious players affect the overall atmosphere of the server.  Aggressive yet fair policing of the server will send a message that we as a group do not fuck around.  If suspicious players and cheaters find our server to be “soft” they’re going to start showing up in droves.  The only way to keep assholes out of our sever is to set precedent and treat everyone the same way.  Here is what I’m proposing as a server policy.

I would like to see policing of server to be strict and firm and leave re-entry to the server solely upon the individual who was banned.  For instance, if a regular or XI member reports a player, after sufficient research of stats and former game play, that player should be immediately banned temporarily.  Even if their stats are borderline a temporary ban should be issued. Associated with the temporary ban would be the following verbiage, “We are truly sorry. We have suspicions about your game play, this is not a conviction, we would just like to know more about you.  Please feel free to join us on Team Speak or our website to discuss this matter .  If you make the effort to contact us, your temporary ban will more than likely be immediately lifted.” 

If the person doesn’t want to take the initiative, fuck em their loss.  If they do take the initiative, we’ll know more about the individual, in return helping admins with their decision of what kind of player they want on the server.  If they’re a dick, sorry see you later.  If they’re cool and have a valid plea, let them back in.  Even if the person was legitimately cheating but we couldn’t prove it, if they’re respectful, give them a second chance. This might start to sway people who use cheats to shut them off while in our server.  Don't think of it as a ban, more like a "hey we'd like to get to know you."

Leave it up to the individual who is banned to stand up for themselves.  If a person really wants to play on the server, they should be willing to show their loyalty to us as a team and fair game play.  Set precedent, keep a structure, and treat all infractions and suspicions game play the same way.  Get to know the people who seem suspicious, I guarantee, if they aree really cheating they'll leave and will not contact  for re-entry.

Tyrone Shoelaces

So assume guilty until proven innocent....shrug....this place is getting weird....

I am seeing people introduce themselves and get....welcome to the forums we have rules and aint afraid to use em...

If your a good player you need to be banned until we're sure your  just good player??

Every conversation needs review...conflicting opinions are political....mein gott whats happening??

• Member ID:  20166
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  40
  • Topic Count:  611
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  7652
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Achievement Points:  53663
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  10/16/1946

Thanks for your interest and suggestions, and hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn here, but our policy is to ban players when we confirm that they cheat, and not because someone thinks they might be cheating - an innocent until proven guilty approach. To do otherwise is not only grossly unfair, but opens the door to retribution for personal reasons. 

We're not  your usual clan - perhaps that's why we're among the most successful. We don't take a hard-ass approach nor do we wish to. We get the cheaters - in time - and don't throw folks off our servers for any other reason, even language, unless they're harassing someone or are racist in their remarks.The rare exception is when a player ruins gameplay for others for some reason and even that doesn't happen without a serious discussion.

We've been at this for a long time, with the same approach. And it works for us.   

• Member ID:  4591
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Achievement Points:  189

Tyrone Shoelaces

So assume guilty until proven innocent....shrug....this place is getting weird....

I am seeing people introduce themselves and get....welcome to the forums we have rules and aint afraid to use em...

If your a good player you need to be banned until we're sure your  just good player??

Every conversation needs review...conflicting opinions are political....mein gott whats happening??

I'm not talking about members or regulars on the server.  I'm talking about the guy who shows up, rolls out with 50-2 in a close quarters match and has a 92% head shot kill ratio and 3259 kills with his sniper rifle.  I know there are good players in the game, but a good player and  a suspicious player are too different things.  I would like to see people with abnormal statistical anomalies be further investigated instead of just clearly "banned" or "they're just good."  Not to mention unless they're banned on PBBans, there is absolutely no way of finding out if someone is a cheater.  There are plenty of cheats out there that are undetected, these are the people I'm speaking of and strictly only on Battlefield 3.

Edited by Tyrone_Shoelaces

• Member ID:  142
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  277
  • Content Count:  1986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  13866
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/01/1985

Thanks for your interest and suggestions, and hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn here, but our policy is to ban players when we confirm that they cheat, and not because someone thinks they might be cheating - an innocent until proven guilty approach. To do otherwise is not only grossly unfair, but opens the door to retribution for personal reasons. 

We're not  your usual clan - perhaps that's why we're among the most successful. We don't take a hard-ass approach nor do we wish to. We get the cheaters - in time - and don't throw folks off our servers for any other reason, even language, unless they're harassing someone or are racist in their remarks.The rare exception is when a player ruins gameplay for others for some reason and even that doesn't happen without a serious discussion.

We've been at this for a long time, with the same approach. And it works for us.   

+1

• Member ID:  54
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  492
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4488
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  31908
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

as Harry said the balance has to be right and i think here at xi as a group of idiots we've got that just about right ............................................

Awards

• Member ID:  86
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  223
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1824
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Achievement Points:  13395
  • Birthday:  06/29/1967

+2

• Member ID:  1188
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  1692
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  15036
  • Days Won:  3

Well said Harry, my thought exactly.

• Member ID:  325
  • Followers:  64
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1955
  • Birthday:  02/16/1966
  • Device:  Android

Yep I agree 100% with the Weezer

• Member ID:  87
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3789
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Achievement Points:  27249
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  04/02/1871

I JUST WISH HARRY WOULD SHARE HIS HACKS WITH ME LMFAO :w00t:

I JUST WISH HARRY WOULD SHARE HIS HACKS WITH ME LMFAO :w00t:

Everything has its price - what it's worth to you?? :welcome:

• Member ID:  1176
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  954
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Achievement Points:  6665
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/27/1983

Well Said Harry! If you don't have the latest version of  weezer hacks you might want to practice more for the good K/D ratio.

Edited by BANNPIRE

• Member ID:  2705
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  954
  • Birthday:  07/24/1961

I don't agree , everyday I go into an XI server someoner is cheating , and before anyone blows off on me I too have been in this game for a long

time , over 15 yrs and Tyrone is right THE ONLY PROOF OF SCREEN SHOTS are the USE of Glitches YOU CANNOT TAKE  SCREEN SHOTS

OF CHEATING OR HACKING , so far I have witnessed     Invisability cheat , wall hack cheat , spawning before anyone else , making one unbelievable

shot after another , making kills out of bounds , progressive ranking , weapon shaking back and fourth before a shot (common sign of an aimbot)

shooting through objects that are not shoot-throughable , modified weapns , ping correction cheats , chams , and the list goes on and on and no

one doing anything about it , and what punk buster , punk buster died the day it was born , never has worked well enough to be a viable trusted

program (how many XIers have been banned for no reason by punk buster) catching one million cheaters and letting go of millions is not a

program I can trust in , and since that is true its up to each clan to decide for themselves if someone is cheating since the only proof is

experience of these cheats and cheaters , and since we don't run PB then there must be someone watching ALL OF THE TIME and not

just playing games and chit chatting on the website , I feel our admins are not doing their jobs that's why so many people are cheating

on our servers every single day , if you all remember it was me who posted the video called MUST SEE which the majority of you had

something ignorant to say about my post that I was hoping you'd pay attention to which no one did and claim (what a bad post) but if

any of you would have taken the time instead of just judging you would have learned something and we wouldn't have so many cheaters

on our servers , before I came to XI I belonged to a clan that studied cheats and cheaters , purchased a test server and purchased

the cheats to better ouselves in the catching of cheaters and to recognize what cheats are being used , we have none of that and

prople are walking all over us .

as for the high low ping these games work very well with the low ping players as the high ping players constantly suffer , adjust the

ping cap on the servers so everyone's lowest ping is 150 and that will be fair gameplay for everyone .

and as for me I don't have anything to hide if you accuse me and you are qualified you can team viewer my rig

Edited by PSYCOKILLER

• Member ID:  111
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  425
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Achievement Points:  2934
  • Birthday:  07/12/1971
  • Device:  Android

Stats isn't something you should call a proof now when players can reset them. Besides most stats pages are third party and not pure EA.

There will always be some that don't get detected by the PBB and yet its the best thing out there against cheaters.

And I do agree on SgtHarryWeezer post, even thou im not an XI member.

I don't agree , everyday I go into an XI server someoner is cheating , and before anyone blows off on me I too have been in this game for a long

time , over 15 yrs and Tyrone is right THE ONLY PROOF OF SCREEN SHOTS are the USE of Glitches YOU CANNOT TAKE  SCREEN SHOTS

OF CHEATING OR HACKING , so far I have witnessed     Invisability cheat , wall hack cheat , spawning before anyone else , making one unbelievable

shot after another , making kills out of bounds , progressive ranking , weapon shaking back and fourth before a shot (common sign of an aimbot)

shooting through objects that are not shoot-throughable , modified weapns , ping correction cheats , chams , and the list goes on and on and no

one doing anything about it , and what punk buster , punk buster died the day it was born , never has worked well enough to be a viable trusted

program (how many XIers have been banned for no reason by punk buster) catching one million cheaters and letting go of millions is not a

program I can trust in , and since that is true its up to each clan to decide for themselves if someone is cheating since the only proof is

experience of these cheats and cheaters , and since we don't run PB then there must be someone watching ALL OF THE TIME and not

just playing games and chit chatting on the website , I feel our admins are not doing their jobs that's why so many people are cheating

on our servers every single day , if you all remember it was me who posted the video called MUST SEE which the majority of you had

something ignorant to say about my post that I was hoping you'd pay attention to which no one did and claim (what a bad post) but if

any of you would have taken the time instead of just judging you would have learned something and we wouldn't have so many cheaters

on our servers , before I came to XI I belonged to a clan that studied cheats and cheaters , purchased a test server and purchased

the cheats to better ouselves in the catching of cheaters and to recognize what cheats are being used , we have none of that and

as for the high low ping these games work very well with the low ping players as the high ping players constantly suffer , adjust the

ping cap on the servers so everyone's lowest ping is 150 and that will be fair gameplay for everyone .

and as for me I don't have anything to hide if you accuse me and you are qualified you can team viewer my rig

To state unequivocally that XI admin aren't doing their jobs is not only disrespectful, it is a bald-faced lie. You write that every time you're in a server, you see cheating, and that XI admin aren't doing anything about it. That is a direct accusation that admin here know cheating is going on, and are intentionally permitting it. Such an accusation is not to be tolerated.  

Edited by SgtHarryWeezer

Stats can be reset but the over all history is there.  We use multiple sites when determining if a hack is being used or not.  Then we judge,  We have other admins check our finding most times unless it out right shows a hack.  There is no spectator mode, no replays.   The admins of BF3 spend alot more time looking at other players then playing.  We spend alot of time watching our rcon for chat and when we see any kind of accusation, start checking stats.  Even when no one calls hacks.  I will be first to say I am proud to be working with the team we have.  Most don't see the work put into and managing the servers.  We have as most say the best server and most managed servers out there.  I am pretty sure that goes for all games XI runs.  Now harry put it right.  Well said harry. 

Now for the ping set at 150.   We have looked at a overall average of members pings and this is to number is to low.   We have members that are above that.  Would not be fare to them to kick them.  We have set the limit and watch for players over thea limit.  Members are excused.  All others kicked.  Most ping monitors we have found does not work correctly. 

NOw all members know we have the !report system in place and when a report is genrated.  A email is sent to a email set up by the admin team and this email is monitored.  Now the admins have been pretty tolerant of the accusations in the servers but it is getting alittlle out of hand.  It is a disruption to everyone in the game and on coms.  We set out to no accusations on the server, contact your admin by one of the many ways to get ahold of them or use !report system. 

Now, caliber is one the best players I know (and has been called a hack alot) in the clan and he will tell you,  there are better players then him.  You can not trust most things you see in game because there are so many variables.  connections to ping and lag and even systems.  Yes, your system can have some affect on your game.  Before you call a hack.  Make sure just by not what you see in game but with other sources provided by outside sourses.

To state unequivocally that XI admin aren't doing their jobs is not only disrespectful, it is a bald-faced lie. You write that every time you're in a server, you see cheating, and that XI admin aren't doing anything about it. That is a direct accusation that admin here know cheating is going on, and are intentionally permitting it. Such an accusation is not to be tolerated.  

+1

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

Tyrone Shoelaces

:no

• Member ID:  82
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  1534
  • Topics Per Day:  0.29
  • Content Count:  5020
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Achievement Points:  131490
  • Days Won:  116

The BF3 admins do a good job with limited tools, they don't get the opportunity to spectate like in cod games etc, i know the admins check average scores of suspect players and if they are "out of this world" then they take action, you must just go in the server and search for suspected cheaters Psycho, i just go in and play and  enjoy, i am not naive to think we don't get cheaters in our servers but all this stuff you mentioned, where and when?  i gotta be honest apart from a couple of lippy assholes now and again i don't really notice all these other problems  you mention.

Edited by Sonovabich

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974

PM send your way..We need to talk about this accusation on team speak ..This is NOT the way to talk about our FINE admins or our Outstanding CLAN and you know it..Hope to hear from you soon..

• Member ID:  112
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1132
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Achievement Points:  6975
  • Birthday:  10/09/1960

that's so funny (well in my last clan we did this and this and then this) well why the fuck are not there anymore

• Member ID:  19
  • Followers:  101
  • Topic Count:  318
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4444
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Achievement Points:  29399
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/29/1968

Tyrone Shoelaces

The BF3 team is already doing a fantastic job Tyrone. You don't see the multiple bans EVERY DAY that I see, because it's posted in the admin section. I've seen dozens on some days. Believe me, these guys are doing their job. What you suggest doesn't make sense. What good will it do you to ban a 'suspect', and then speak to them in teamspeak to "get to know them" and perhaps lift the ban? You think a hacker will admit it? You think someone who is innocent will do anything but say "I'm not hacking, please unban me"? Any regular player or XI member is more than welcome to PM or message the BF3 admin team about someone they suspect is doing something in-game that they shouldn't, but there is NO WAY that we as an admin team will start banning players based on another player or member's recommendation without going through all the same due-diligence that we already go through to ban a player. 

Psycokiller, if you really mean what you wrote then I don't understand why you are still playing in our servers and wearing the XI tags.  What 'game' have you been in for 15 years? You must mean FPS's in general, because NONE of the games we host have even been out for 15 years. COD2 is only 8 years old, COD4 a little over 4, and BF3 a year and 4 months. 

I invite you to go play somewhere else. Spend some time in other clan servers, and maybe you will begin to appreciate the hard work that the >XI< admin team actually does. The admin team here at XI, in every game type, does one hell of a job to keep our servers clean and fun. It's a thankless job much of the time, particularly when know-it-all's such as yourself enjoy countless hours of fun gameplay in our servers, then come on the website and bitch that everyone in the entire universe but you is a hacker and all of YOUR clan's admins are not doing their job. Well, I'm one of those admin brother, and you can kiss my ass.

Bama>XI<

(This message is from Bama>XI< alone, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Senior Admin Group of >XI< [but my bet is it does]) 

• Member ID:  5490
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Achievement Points:  4101
  • Birthday:  10/18/1976

that realy silly idea i think i mean if i thought like that there would be no one left in the servers banning people without proof aswell  no judge no jury no triel just ban him wow makes alot of sense lol i mean what if there computer has a faster cpu than the person who is complaining about them or need i say what if he has 3 gig card and the person has a 2 gig card well the person with 3gig will out perform u every time and he will see the other person b4 u and he will be quicker sharper and it will  look like he is flying round the map trust me i noticed the difference straight away when i upgraded my gig card to a 3gig card wow now instead of been at the bottom of the score bourd im at the top nealy all the time and head shots unreal so infact fact people who complain without proof or just pissed cause the person they are complaining about has a shit hot machine and u have not the best thing they should do is have a word with the person ask them what there setup is and catch them out instead of flaming folk and causing undue stress on ur self and other folk around that makes more sense realy cause from the technoligy side of things pc's are getting faster and better every week cpu gpu and ssd are getting faster every day so yes us gamers are going to see some shit hot players alot more now than ever b4 there is an idea for a better gaming community just a thought?lol

• Member ID:  4101
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1124
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Achievement Points:  8736
  • Birthday:  07/08/1962

i agree with harry  also .  there will always be hackers out there and its up to the admins to kick them once proven they are cheating all have a great day now back to the game .  Hammertime!!!

• Member ID:  1128
  • Followers:  78
  • Topic Count:  1194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  6513
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Achievement Points:  63330
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  10/21/1954

Tyrone you contradicted yourself. I would disagree either way but you say one thing then change your mind. This proposal is preposterous at best, outside the fact you include yourself in an elite group which it is obvious you are not. I appreciate the heart to keep the servers clean and fair but your way would be kind of like Nazism! Which we are not!

Edited by Bigmeandean