Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

COD4 MW2 Freezetag players, vote on what mod you want to run on the main server

What MW2 Mod to use on the main server  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What MW2 Mod to use on the main server

• New
    • Old

• Member ID:  25355
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954
  • Device:  Windows

1 hour ago, {ESG}*Goku* said:

The old mod is available on another server so why people that want the old mod back don't go on the other server (and populate it) ?

That's far too easy for this lot, the truth is with most of them is that they won't join a server until it is populated, no waiting for other players for them. The joke is they then join any server they see with players, even if not the one they want to play on, oh no, no waiting around for them, they are special. When we are playing on the DM server and ftag is empty do they wait on ftag for other players, no they join the DM server.

You are perfectly right, even though they have what they want on another server they won't populate it, they would rather join the other populated server then whine. Now I like both mods so couldn't give a fuck what I play, but lets suppose the mods are swapped round and the new mod is populated first, will they play on the old mod they voted for?

Quick let me find a bookmaker

LMFAO

• Member ID:  22372
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Achievement Points:  6167
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/12/1976

• Member ID:  1068
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Achievement Points:  3478
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  07/10/1967

I  like em both. When Rugger put on the old mod the other day, after the new one crashed, I was amazed at how different the hit registration feel was. It had been so long I had forgotten the feel of an accurate shot. I'll probably play both.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11822
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106279
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

1 hour ago, Dessy said:

@Ruggerxi  so what will happen with this vote

Not sure yet, with the vote so heavily in favor of the old mod, maybe we try a throwback back week or weekend and put on the old mod and see how it plays. I'm still looking at options though

2 hours ago, Ruggerxi said:

with the vote so heavily in favor of the old mod

Hold on buddy, just trying the old Biden trick, registering soon 25 buddies interested in the site (and voting lol)

thats the same trick they did  putting on the new mod it works good

• Member ID:  3036
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  9419
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Achievement Points:  62539
  • Days Won:  21
  • Birthday:  04/26/2008

Perhaps the poll should show who voted for what. In the interest of transparency.

• Member ID:  24799
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Achievement Points:  1024
  • Days Won:  0
  • Device:  iPad

7 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Perhaps the poll should show who voted for what. In the interest of transparency.

I don't have a problem being transparent about it......I voted old.  The new mod combined with the release of Modern Warfare is the reason I stopped playing on the server.  There is just something about the newer mod that I don't like. Actually a few things about it.  I've been one that has been vocal about it to some of the admins, not here on the forums, but on other platforms (WhattsApp).  I was and still am willing to give it a try, I just think the older mod runs more smoothly and isn't congested with all the "extra crap" in this mod.  One of the things that made the older games nice (in my opinion), is the fact that there weren't a buttload of options, perks, settings, whatever.  you just played.  Didn't need to bind extra keys to steal killstreaks, drop trophy systems, etc...  The movement on the newer mod is just clunky.  The old mod ran smoothly, and definitely felt quicker and more responsive.

Sammy, You do great work.  I just am not a fan of the newer mod.  BUT, that is only my opinion.  Being a past server admin of my old clan's server and helping tweak and run mods, I fully understand that you just can't please everyone.  Thank you for all your hard work trying to do just that.  

Edited by Hawk

• Member ID:  28853
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Achievement Points:  5
  • Days Won:  0

I prefer the new mods

suggestion (my personnal taste)

- Stealth would be absolute, running near a betty would not trigger it

- The defrost car is equipped with a EMP that you can trigger to explode as the kill car. It could stunt a player which can be an advantage when there is no one to defrost and it could kill an opponents car

- Trophy would be reduce to 2 blow

- Tube load and reload  would be a lot longer (1.5 sec ) as it is by far the most overpower weapon in the game

The heist perk is a pain but you can adjust and it lead to epic turn over which is a lot of fun (when it's on your side 🙂 ) So i would keep it

Edited by -AQ-KiT

• Member ID:  390
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  4251
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Achievement Points:  35625
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

I just missssssssssss the old days without all this BS! HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaW

• Member ID:  28144
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  1146
  • Content Per Day:  0.75
  • Achievement Points:  28306
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, -AQ-KiT said:

- Tube load and reload  would be a lot longer (1.5 sec ) as it is by far the most overpower weapon in the game

Definitely agree with this, kinda ruins it a bit when you get noob tubed from across the map else.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:34 AM, Hawk said:

I don't have a problem being transparent about it......I voted old.  The new mod combined with the release of Modern Warfare is the reason I stopped playing on the server.  There is just something about the newer mod that I don't like. Actually a few things about it.  I've been one that has been vocal about it to some of the admins, not here on the forums, but on other platforms (WhattsApp).  I was and still am willing to give it a try, I just think the older mod runs more smoothly and isn't congested with all the "extra crap" in this mod.  One of the things that made the older games nice (in my opinion), is the fact that there weren't a buttload of options, perks, settings, whatever.  you just played.  Didn't need to bind extra keys to steal killstreaks, drop trophy systems, etc...  The movement on the newer mod is just clunky.  The old mod ran smoothly, and definitely felt quicker and more responsive.

Sammy, You do great work.  I just am not a fan of the newer mod.  BUT, that is only my opinion.  Being a past server admin of my old clan's server and helping tweak and run mods, I fully understand that you just can't please everyone.  Thank you for all your hard work trying to do just that.  

+1 😀

Edited by Dessy

• Member ID:  558
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3785
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Achievement Points:  29048
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  06/06/1964

I don't care. I did notice that after the introduction of the new mod the server lost a lot of players. Too bad because now I am sometimes only with 8 players in the game. The fun is a bit off now. Please see 1 server that is full. Then 3 servera with a few players  "Sammy, You do great work"

Edited by Judge

19 minutes ago, Judge said:

I don't care. I did notice that after the introduction of the new mod the server lost a lot of players. Too bad because now I am sometimes only with 8 players in the game. The fun is a bit off now. Please see 1 server that is full. Then 3 servera with a few players  "Sammy, You do great work"

this post does not mean a thing tho  its like the us voting system  you can have more votes   but the end result will be the new mod stays   not to say that there will be more votes for the new mod once they rallyd up all their friends who dont even play mw2.   the other  downpart will be those 19 votes know for the new mod against the 30 votes for the old will complain against the admin  team as wel with the same storys  the people from the old mod  have  if the old mod gets uploaded again  😀  .

Ah? now I know where the term 'Double Dutch' comes from  😂

I didn't quite get that Dessy but there is still the very good point that the old mod is there, just no one plays on it. Now to me (and most logical people) is why don't all those crying for the new mod play on the server it's on? I'm baffled as to what exactly this argument is about other than swapping mods on 2 servers. It's no good whining about voters for the new mod (minority, in a voting system open to the world as you rightly point out), when no one is playing on the old one. I think they're both good so if you want when I get the chance (babysitting today) I'll sit on the old mod for 1 hour max and see if it will pick up. Or alternatively if a few of you want to pick a time we can all turn up and play.

• Member ID:  6
  • Group:  ++++ Senior Admin
  • Followers:  184
  • Topic Count:  2827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.53
  • Content Count:  11822
  • Content Per Day:  2.22
  • Achievement Points:  106279
  • Days Won:  123
  • Birthday:  08/25/1976
  • Device:  iPhone

I will be sending out a pm today or tomorrow announcing that the old mod will be put on the main server for the weekend, Friday night or Saturday morning until Sunday night. This will be a little test to see how people feel about once they are on it actually playing. 

4 hours ago, RobMc said:

Ah? now I know where the term 'Double Dutch' comes from  😂

I didn't quite get that Dessy but there is still the very good point that the old mod is there, just no one plays on it. Now to me (and most logical people) is why don't all those crying for the new mod play on the server it's on? I'm baffled as to what exactly this argument is about other than swapping mods on 2 servers. It's no good whining about voters for the new mod (minority, in a voting system open to the world as you rightly point out), when no one is playing on the old one. I think they're both good so if you want when I get the chance (babysitting today) I'll sit on the old mod for 1 hour max and see if it will pick up. Or alternatively if a few of you want to pick a time we can all turn up and play.

no robmc the old mod was put on a diffrent server when the new mod was uploaded  but it was also changed a little settings where changed   it did not play the same  point is they put it on a diffrent serv while the new mod was put on the main server 

but the new mod had the same thing it was put on a other server and it dident get any traffic cuz people went to the main server this is just the way it goes no one wants to do a 3 vs 3 or 6 vs 6  so they follow the crowd  

i dont get the double dutch remark 

to clarify  thanks rugger for putting the mod back for the weekend 

Change to something new... which goes for every franchise... and the inevitable result is always the same. Some will leave, some will continue, and new ones will join. No idea if anyone actually has a definitive answer to that with a lot of non-subjective data to back it up. Simply personal experience, or the opinions of people you know, isnt enough to judge.

In any case, another question I suppose is whether or not there is such a thing as a 'main' server. It seems to suggest that players will go there regardless of whats on it because it has the IP. Perhaps, to remove OW2 from the question entirely... no argument about old vs new... ditch it and set up another G13. Will traffic remain the same because it is the 'main'? Or will they go elsewhere? Will the G13 crowd move because its the 'main' server?

Dont know myself, but does this 'main' server thing go for all servers? Including all games? Or is it one server among equals? My guess, go ask regulars there and they will say 'main' is bullshit. There is their own personal 'main' and that is it.

@Dessy 'Double Dutch' is a saying in the UK where you can't understand it, i.e. 'he was speaking Double Dutch to me'. As you have probably noticed people from the UK are not the greatest at languages, and Dutch is one of the hardest to speak. Hence double Dutch is twice as hard to understand as even normal Dutch.

We also have a less complimentary saying of 'Going Dutch' i.e. if you went for a meal each individual pays their share of the bill, no good when courting.

4 hours ago, Sammy said:

Change to something new... which goes for every franchise... and the inevitable result is always the same. Some will leave, some will continue, and new ones will join. No idea if anyone actually has a definitive answer to that with a lot of non-subjective data to back it up. Simply personal experience, or the opinions of people you know, isnt enough to judge.

In any case, another question I suppose is whether or not there is such a thing as a 'main' server. It seems to suggest that players will go there regardless of whats on it because it has the IP. Perhaps, to remove OW2 from the question entirely... no argument about old vs new... ditch it and set up another G13. Will traffic remain the same because it is the 'main'? Or will they go elsewhere? Will the G13 crowd move because its the 'main' server?

Dont know myself, but does this 'main' server thing go for all servers? Including all games? Or is it one server among equals? My guess, go ask regulars there and they will say 'main' is bullshit. There is their own personal 'main' and that is it.

in our case within xi people  will go to the most populated server  so main or whatever it is called it does not matter anymore 

Then I suppose that would be an interesting point. It is not related to IP or sever name but what is most populated... and by extension popular. So if you do have two servers, with two versions, whichever is most populated is the most popular. And that is decided by individual players not a poll. Sounds fair enough.

jup but to make it fair we put the old mod on the current server  so  the 146 without any  tweak s and load the new mod on a other server no redirects from any server  to both just see what happens

Oh and since this seems to get a test of some sort, place an advertisement on each informing people of the other. So everybody can make an informed decision.

9 hours ago, Sammy said:

So everybody can make an informed decision.

Bless him, he never loses hope  🤣

• Member ID:  433
  • Group:  ++ COD4 Admin
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2305
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Achievement Points:  23813
  • Days Won:  35
  • Birthday:  05/28/1957
  • Device:  Macintosh

Is this the right place to demand a recount? I feel there has been fake ballots, people registered in more than one district. What about these mail in ballots? 
😉