Jump to content
RobMc

Beginning to get pissed off

Recommended Posts

What is the problem with some people on the freezetag 146 server?? I heard this from others even before I tried it a few weeks ago, the abuse you get off some and the screaming are way out of line, now I'm a grown up rough tough boy, but listen to me assholes - it's a game! a game! the idea is to enjoy yourself. I am new to XI and new to COD 4, I have told everyone that - I apologise I'm rubbish sometimes and don't have your wealth of experience, but thats the f....g way it is, like all of you I do have good days and bad days, but listen to me good - I don't care, I play to enjoy myself - try it asshole! This morning (UK time) a non member was abusing me on our server, in front of an Admin (who defended me) for not having a kill (it was 0445 UK time and I'd just got up), this afternoon I was on form and we had a bout of I believe you call 'rage quitiing', with more abuse hurled at me, etc etc for most games.  I had to swear at one member (who I like) as I was getting so much grief when he was watching me in spec - he quit, this is every day the last week, is something happening? I joined through WAW, a great bunch with great humour and a good attitude, sure they like to win but firstly they like to enjoy. I think a lot of members are quitting over things like this, you come to enjoy yourself and play with friends, I won't give up yet, as I like to learn, but think a full time return to my friends on WAW is near,  getting near saying 'it was nice knowing you'. The acemod and other freezetag have none of this, just laughs and fun, with nice people.

Edited by RobMc
Link to post
Share on other sites

At the least you can play. My wi-fi is so inconsistent I can't lay. I use to complain quite a bit back a few yrs ago but I haven't played for quite a while because I have been unsettled. If only i COULD JOIN AND HAVE SOME FUN LIKE i USE TO!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just guests doing this? There was an admin on why didn't he/she kick them with a warning? You are a clan member.

But then again, depends what form of abuse it was. Some abuse is more like trolling by pompus fucktards or someone with a huge pair of internet nutz.

Mute them in the game voice chat and don't pay attention to what they type in game chat.

Keep smiling and having FUN!!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was the admin that was in game when the remarks were made.  As taken from XI's Code of Conduct, "XI is an adult clan with no prohibitions on use of language except for two primary rules: no racist remarks, and no personal attacks. You need to check your sensitive feelings at the door when you come here: if you don't like it, don't look at it or don't comment on it."  I did not feel that the remarks made by the player mentioned above were said or typed in the manner of a personal attack, but more in a joking manner.  I did say something to that player in defense of RobMc, but it did not warrant that he be kicked.  @RobMc, if you disagree with my assessment, please send me a private message, and we can discuss the matter further.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No I don't disagree and understand the rules, but as I say it's pissing me off, there is a fine line in this one on personal attack as it was directly to me and therefore very personal, no probs and I don't want to be a whinger, so I'll deal with it myself, and no - they certainly weren't in a joking manner, as 99% are, and I recognise full well that they are.

Edited by RobMc
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but this is becoming a regular thing now, members verbally abusing other members and nothing gets done, not even a warn / kick... When are we going to man up & get all players to realise we are not going to take this crap any more? Whether it's a member, a pubber or even an Admin who is getting abuse then why shouldn't we start kicking people, members or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, BigPapaDean said:

At the least you can play. My wi-fi is so inconsistent I can't lay. I use to complain quite a bit back a few yrs ago but I haven't played for quite a while because I have been unsettled. If only i COULD JOIN AND HAVE SOME FUN LIKE i USE TO!

Big Papa you're not forgotten believe me, they still talk about you - with awe, what worries me about some of these people are they are beyond being immersed in the game - they think it is real, I've played with players on these servers who have been here far longer than me, they're not great players, but we don't abuse them and they enjoy playing and we enjoy playing with them. Tonight around 1800 UK time there were so many people screaming abuse to each other on this server it might as well have been a bar brawl, all you could make out was f..k  the rest was drowned, if thats your idea of fun it's not mine, and never will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Lunkster said:

Sorry but this is becoming a regular thing now, members verbally abusing other members and nothing gets done, not even a warn / kick... When are we going to man up & get all players to realise we are not going to take this crap any more? Whether it's a member, a pubber or even an Admin who is getting abuse then why shouldn't we start kicking people, members or not?

So much yes lunky

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate, do what I do and mute them. Best thing ever in CoD was the ability to mute people. Play at your pace and your way. Not my fault they don't like it.

Then again, we can't help you suck ;) I'm kidding mate. I agree with you to be honest but you can't help people the fact that people take it way too serious. A game is a game, games are supposed to be fun. The second it stops being fun the second it stops being a game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@RobMc, I'm sorry you are having issues with players. Some people just don't know how to handle lose or personal suckage LoL. I truly hope we don't lose you to WAW again, it has been fun playing with you thus far. I rage like crazy sometimes and even tell someone to f off or that was bs or something you know, words just involuntarily blurt out  and no I don't have tourettes lol. Point is I know I'm not the only one that does that, but I can tell ya I mean no harm or ill will towards anyone when I talk like that and for the most part I'm having fun while I'm cursing ya out LoL. Stick with us bud, we have alot of fun and I look forward to tubing you again :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WildPenguin said:

As taken from XI's Code of Conduct, "XI is an adult clan with no prohibitions on use of language except for two primary rules: no racist remarks, and no personal attacks.

Maybe add on a personal timeout kick with a reason of something like, " Come back when your in a better mood n00b" or "Bad day?" or "COD4 is 15 years old, get a grip on yourself" or "Why so serious?" I dunno. My mind went somewhere after all this reading lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

For future reference....

If anybody in game persists on being abusive towards you tell him that I will permanently add his info to the mod so he has a moneybag icon above him wherever he goes.  And that whoever shoots him gets points. Yes, thats built in and players here have seen it working.  :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Sammy said:

For future reference....

If anybody in game persists on being abusive towards you tell him that I will permanently add his info to the mod so he has a moneybag icon above him wherever he goes.  And that whoever shoots him gets points. Yes, thats built in and players here have seen it working.  :lol:

That's awesome!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sammy said:

For future reference....

If anybody in game persists on being abusive towards you tell him that I will permanently add his info to the mod so he has a moneybag icon above him wherever he goes.  And that whoever shoots him gets points. Yes, thats built in and players here have seen it working.  :lol:

Thanks Sammy, I can deal with abusive people both mentally and physically, been doing it all my life, it is more attitude, this is a popular server, but very aggressive at times, a perfect example is just now, I played on it about 2 hours ago, then went to Acemod, joined Freezetag 146 said good morning (I have to type wifes asleep) - nothing (no response), did same on Acemod and everyone came back with hi Rob, greetings etc. Now the sensible and easy thing is to never go back, but I'm going to play, enjoy playing and sod them, miserable c...s! Of course the majority on there are great people, and you get some laughs, but what I'm talking about is my perception after playing all COD servers, perhaps WAW freezetag is the one for me, only tried it once. You would have to meet me to realise I am not the type to be intimidated, but I've never been a bully and try to be pleasant and helpful, remember it's a game, if you want to live your fantasies on it go elsewhere, facebook or something like that.

Update, went on 3 hours later and the atmosphere couldn't have been more different, enjoyed it, like most things in life a few people spoil things!

Edited by RobMc
Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, RobMc said:

Thanks Sammy, I can deal with abusive people both mentally and physically, been doing it all my life, it is more attitude, this is a popular server, but very aggressive at times, a perfect example is just now, I played on it about 2 hours ago, then went to Acemod, joined Freezetag 146 said good morning (I have to type wifes asleep) - nothing (no response), did same on Acemod and everyone came back with hi Rob, greetings etc. Now the sensible and easy thing is to never go back, but I'm going to play, enjoy playing and sod them, miserable c...s! Of course the majority on there are great people, and you get some laughs, but what I'm talking about is my perception after playing all COD servers, perhaps WAW freezetag is the one for me, only tried it once. You would have to meet me to realise I am not the type to be intimidated, but I've never been a bully and try to be pleasant and helpful, remember it's a game, if you want to live your fantasies on it go elsewhere, facebook or something like that.

I'll need to jump on WaW again at some point, can kick your ass somewhere else as well! Not been on the CoD4 Acemod server for a while though

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Rob, that is a tough mod to learn COD 4 on.  I still stink at it....but I enjoy playing it.

When you have had enough of that mindless banter, come on over to the Freezetag 1 server or over to the CODWAW Vietnam Freezetag server....

Much more chill on these servers and the gang is super to play with.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should just turn off the intra-team chat feature.  Make it so you can only bitch at your own team. :)

Seriously though, I have no problem tempbanning someone for being a dick.  Unless it's a clan member, then that needs to be run up the flag pole.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Lunkster said:

Sorry but this is becoming a regular thing now, members verbally abusing other members and nothing gets done, not even a warn / kick... When are we going to man up & get all players to realise we are not going to take this crap any more? Whether it's a member, a pubber or even an Admin who is getting abuse then why shouldn't we start kicking people, members or not?

You have the POWER do IT! HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaW!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Awwww the good OLD days..

Some can really dish it out on Cod4 ( I am one) ..Some take it personally and cry about it..

I say if you DISH it out..You should be able to TAKE it ( I do)  ..Or just shut the fuck up ..

 

Btw...Fu RobMc..  ,,I,,

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


Public

Public

    You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.