Come try out our new Arcade we just put up, new games added weekly. Link at the top of the website ×

Should we ban world-class players???

HarryWeezer

• Member ID:  24295
  • Group:  **- Inactive Registered Users
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  2311
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Achievement Points:  20239
  • Solved Content:  0
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, JFF echo said:

Hmm, this will be the only post I write here

I don't understand why it has to go straight to hes hacking etc..

Hmmm if I would make a comment on that one line I bet I could make you type another post LOL hahahhahahha

• Member ID:  907
  • Group:  *** Clan Members
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2731
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Achievement Points:  26176
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  02/10/1969
  • Device:  Windows

Having been banned in my previous gaming life from numerous COD2 CTF servers - including being kicked out of, at the time, a major COD2 clan - for being too good (aka "cheating"), I have some personal opinions on this.  Guess where I ended up?  Here - playing on XI COD2 CTF servers where most of the other players were also "too good" - haha.  

I do not support banning players for simply being "too good."  However, that's just my personal opinion.  

My admin opinion:

In a lot of our games, there are programs in place to mitigate cheats.  COD4 does not have these types of programs anymore, so it is a challenge to automagically catch people using "hacks."  Our only recourse is lots of spectating and the help of the OTHER CLAN MEMBERS to help police and provide evidence.   

There are a handful of people that I hear complaints about regularly.  I have spent time watching all of those players and have played several hours against and with them.  I have yet to see any evidence of cheating in the form of using an actual "hack" like an aimbot or wallhack.  What I have seen - and see regularly - is that it appears some players are intentionally lowering their video settings or using configs to remove foliage, and I think this is perhaps our biggest issue in the COD4 servers right now.  It renders large, sniper-ish maps with lots of foliage essentially useless as maps.

We won't ever get people to stop complaining about other people who are better than them.  That's part of the human condition.  All we can do is be reasonable and apply logic to our decisions.  If it's in the best interests of the server to eliminate a player because they 1) play on the server super frequently, and 2) cause a majority of other players to leave the server, then yes - I do think we should do something about it.  We have attempted in the past -with marginal success - approaching the player and asking them to "tone it down."  I personally hate this, but "it is what it is."  When that doesn't work, people have been banned in the past.  If I recall, at least two players come to mind who were banned for "being too good," so to speak.   In general if there is consensus on banning someone, I am supportive of it as in the best interests of the gaming community.

I mean out of 12 years I've been here, that's not a bad track record.  The clan should be given some credit for running COD servers that have been regularly populated for over a decade with minimal headaches to the player population.  I think sometimes people need to take their blinders off and look at the big picture.

Edited by Bogleg

• Member ID:  54
  • Followers:  89
  • Topic Count:  492
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4486
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Achievement Points:  31891
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/17/1965
  • Device:  iPhone

case by case, but at the end off the day the XI members pay to keep the servers running , so without them there wouldn't be  any servers, so surely they should have some say in how there ran ?

Awards

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

I'm working hard to find a way to end this stupidity and keep everybody somewhat happy. Right now I have a server so if the members do not want to play with somebody they have a place to run and hide. I don't like that anymore than banning people for no reason. Being to good is not a reason to ban somebody never has been. Its always run the course to the point of disrupting the server and we do ban for that. Its almost policy in the cod5 dm server to drive the people they do not want to play with nuts to the point they do become disruptive and then the head admins have to step in and yes members before guests. Shitty shitty way of handling this. So when I figure out how to manage the problem I will have a server for both types of players. I just at this moment do not see how I can do it and have it work. But I want a safe server for good players to play in where they will not get run over by the XI bus. But then it will be a lonely server maybe we can mail out eye patches to the better players we do not ban pirates last I checked :( @JFF echo

• Member ID:  59
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2107
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Achievement Points:  15083

I have no problem with professional players who dont use a hack.  Its when they exploit spawn points !!   Thats is the issue.  Not just camping a spawn, but learning the spawn points and running them.  I never bitch much about stuff, but I had an issue with Everette "Spawn Raping" me.    He knew when and where I was spawning and pick me off at every spot.  Hell I even stood up for his ass when others bitched.  Not now !!  

Edited by MikeB

• Member ID:  25355
  • Followers:  31
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5785
  • Content Per Day:  2.17
  • Achievement Points:  63247
  • Days Won:  132
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

44 minutes ago, Labob said:

Right now I have a server so if the members do not want to play with somebody they have a place to run and hide.

Don't see how this will work?/, i.e. you have ten players on the server, two of them assholes, eight go to the other server, this leaves the two with no one to shoot so they'll go to the other server too  won't they? ping pong lol

Edited by RobMc

• Member ID:  2985
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  1669
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Achievement Points:  20170
  • Days Won:  14
  • Birthday:  12/01/1966

1 hour ago, Bogleg said:

Having been banned in my previous gaming life from numerous COD2 CTF servers - including being kicked out of, at the time, a major COD2 clan - for being too good (aka "cheating"), I have some personal opinions on this.  Guess where I ended up?  Here - playing on XI COD2 CTF servers where most of the other players were also "too good" - haha.  

I do not support banning players for simply being "too good."  However, that's just my personal opinion.  

My admin opinion:

In a lot of our games, there are programs in place to mitigate cheats.  COD4 does not have these types of programs anymore, so it is a challenge to automagically catch people using "hacks."  Our only recourse is lots of spectating and the help of the OTHER CLAN MEMBERS to help police and provide evidence.   

There are a handful of people that I hear complaints about regularly.  I have spent time watching all of those players and have played several hours against and with them.  I have yet to see any evidence of cheating in the form of using an actual "hack" like an aimbot or wallhack.  What I have seen - and see regularly - is that it appears some players are intentionally lowering their video settings or using configs to remove foliage, and I think this is perhaps our biggest issue in the COD4 servers right now.  It renders large, sniper-ish maps with lots of foliage essentially useless as maps.

We won't ever get people to stop complaining about other people who are better than them.  That's part of the human condition.  All we can do is be reasonable and apply logic to our decisions.  If it's in the best interests of the server to eliminate a player because they 1) play on the server super frequently, and 2) cause a majority of other players to leave the server, then yes - I do think we should do something about it.  We have attempted in the past -with marginal success - approaching the player and asking them to "tone it down."  I personally hate this, but "it is what it is."  When that doesn't work, people have been banned in the past.  If I recall, at least two players come to mind who were banned for "being too good," so to speak.   In general if there is consensus on banning someone, I am supportive of it as in the best interests of the gaming community.

I mean out of 12 years I've been here, that's not a bad track record.  The clan should be given some credit for running COD servers that have been regularly populated for over a decade with minimal headaches to the player population.  I think sometimes people need to take their blinders off and look at the big picture.

Wow... That took a lot out of of you I'm sure.. you better go rest now for your next months input.. Actually good words.. Don't let it go to your head though.. :P ??

• Member ID:  3604
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Achievement Points:  1177
  • Days Won:  0

tenor.gif.52720fd85b3a026316bab384c48f8eee.gif

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Content Per Day:  1.53
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

I find it funny that one of the players that were "banned" because of being too good on another server plays in the cod4 server, and no one has noticed or complained of this person. ? thankfully we realize this person obviously was not a hacker.

• Member ID:  23919
  • Group:  ++ COD5 Admin
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  998
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Achievement Points:  12130
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  09/19/1969
  • Device:  Kindle Fire

I didn't know that Angus talks.....???

• Member ID:  20996
  • Group:  ** Registered Users
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1744
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Achievement Points:  15647
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, FUNky said:

I’m going to disregard the response above because it is full of the typical bashing of the Admin teams that always comes up in these threads.

I don’t favor kicking or banning someone simply because they are too good. I actually enjoy playing against good players because I get great satisfaction out of killing them when I can. 

There are always those that aren’t happy with anyone being better than them and constantly complain loudly. I think that sort of thing makes the game much less enjoyable than someone with a high score or great K/D ratio. 

no bashing what so ever Funky.....and obviously you didn't read it all but coming from you...wow ! not surprised ...I have played here on these servers for a very long time and have seen players come and go ,good bad and the ugly hacks....I was just giving some advise and constructive criticism, that's all and I enjoy very much, playing with and against good (honest ) players on the XI servers members and non members alike..very simple.

One question FUNK.....How long have you been playing here.....?

I'm so tired of new members and non member noobs talking shit like they've been here for a long time.....

and from now on please think before you open your stupid fucking mouth when it's directed at me, you fucking douche bag.

:guitar:

Working on my "10 year" this year !!!  

• Member ID:  25212
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  1449
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Achievement Points:  14728
  • Birthday:  07/13/1967

36 minutes ago, Streetcleaner said:

no bashing what so ever Funky.....and obviously you didn't read it all but coming from you...wow ! not surprised ...I have played here on these servers for a very long time and have seen players come and go ,good bad and the ugly hacks....I was just giving some advise and constructive criticism, that's all and I enjoy very much, playing with and against good (honest ) players on the XI servers members and non members alike..very simple.

I'm so tired of new members and non member noobs talking shit like they've been here for a long time.....

and from now on please think before you open your stupid fucking mouth when it's directed at me, you fucking douche bag.

This makes me laugh more than you will ever comprehend. Maybe read your own post before making a very dumb post like the one quoted here.

Bye Felicia

• Member ID:  9264
  • Followers:  87
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  6058
  • Achievement Points:  50963
  • Days Won:  53
  • Birthday:  07/13/1981
  • Device:  Android

• Member ID:  42
  • Followers:  50
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  8258
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Achievement Points:  53556
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  01/30/1959

First ya give them a place to go if the people they wish to not play with keep following them I will place a password on it after that happens I guess the server they left will be open to all skill levels. See it makes no sense 

• Member ID:  3189
  • Followers:  93
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  5230
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Achievement Points:  48729
  • Days Won:  112
  • Birthday:  12/24/1957

55 minutes ago, Streetcleaner said:

I consider this a personal attack and will be logging it.  Govern yourself accordingly.  You have been warned.

• Member ID:  101
  • Followers:  109
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.14
  • Content Count:  8133
  • Achievement Points:  61498
  • Birthday:  01/23/1974
  • Device:  iPhone

11 hours ago, RobMc said:

As you know this occurred recently but as you asked heres my penny's worth

I personally come to enjoy myself, and that means exactly that, running around with your friends, laughing and chatting, teasing each other and that is why you join a clan, otherwise no point. There is no fun at all in lasting a nanosecond after you spawn, being tubed to death etc etc, so no point in playing, no fun, why be in a clan??

There unfortunately is no other way to tell if people are cheating other than a lot of time and effort by the admins, but there is also little doubt that some people do, however they do it.

Every normal player has good and bad days, but players that are highly 'skilled' to the point they are untouchable ruin the game for the ordinary players, and they leave, that is proved beyond doubt. You get in this clan because you fit in, we have some astounding players who I have never considered cheaters, far better than me, but I can still kill them and occasionally get near their score. BUT I don't care what you say the 'highly skilled' players are impossible to play with, so I personally leave, if I left often enough so that it isn't worth playing then what is the point of being in XI ??

It is a very difficult thing, but in it's simplest term if the ordinary 'Joe' cannot play without enjoyment, then he won't play, yes I am sorry for them but they have no place in a clan like this - full stop.

And stop before you start Angelz lol.

Nailed it..

This is why we asked them to toned it down or find some where else to play..We are an adult clan and most of us are half blind..lol.

We dont need some pro beech come in and  own us after a hard days work..Causes more issues than fun . People start to post..why we allowed him or her to play and so on..

Bottom line..NO we should not allowed them..

• Member ID:  27184
  • Group:  ***- Inactive Clan Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  110
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Achievement Points:  1048

6 hours ago, Spartacus said:

IMHO I would never Ban anyone without Proof of Hacking.

If someone dominates, then get some tissue for your tears...

Getting Offended because someone kicks your ass in a game is the equivalent of a 13 year old's mentality...

If this place ever becomes that then you can have my Tags

going to agree with this one. banning someone because they are better than other's is a #1 way to have the community known for being childish. I get my ass kicked on Insurgency by @Daemon and @Crus4de quite often. But I were to ban one of them they could easily take it to other servers, the news would spread, and then we'd have a problem. 

get good at the game, accept defeat and be graceful, or cry like a beach. simple as that.

Awards

There is a huge difference in "hacking" and "taking advantage of game exploits".   What do I mean by "exploits".....  what I mentioned earlier about a player many complain about.  He is a good player, but if he doesn't take advantage of exploits he is just like many of our good clan players.   Anyone can google "specific maps" and learn spawn points and the spawn point rotations and take advantage.  And thats what many of the "great players" do.  Maybe crank up the spawn protection to help with "that issue" ?  

Edited by MikeB

37 minutes ago, djMot said:

I consider this a personal attack and will be logging it.  Govern yourself accordingly.  You have been warned.

Whatever  @djMot ....like he didn't attack me first and it wasn't the first time...oh he didn't name me but it was quite apparent who he was talking about....do me a favor and tell that .....hhhmmmm.....to keep my name and his opinions of me, out of his piehole... 

and for the record,I have said worse than that to people in the game with no flack at all...none....so I'm sorry if I hurt the aforementioned person's feewings with the loose piehole .....and I will take my warning,ticket,slap on the hand...whatever you want to call it but I would like to see  him get a warning as well.....only fair.

ty, for your time.

If I come into a game with legitimate questionable players I simply go to another server because I know nothing will be done except the dragging of heels because someone with authority can't or is too afraid to make the call or a decision.I know a lot of other players do the same and more than half the time go to another non XI server.

I believe this is what you said @Streetcleaner.  Sounds like admin bashing to me.  Did I miss something here?

10 minutes ago, djMot said:

I believe this is what you said @Streetcleaner.  Sounds like admin bashing to me.  Did I miss something here?

didn't name any names and I'm stating a fact based on over 12 years playing on these servers...

you already gave me a warning...let's just please leave it at that......

and I expected you to take the side of a member over a non ....

ty

Edited by Streetcleaner

Sure.  Not naming names makes it alright.  Okay.  

And for the record, it's not about taking sides.  My reaction would be the same regardless of who you said it to.  And it was the correct reaction.

• Member ID:  26415
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Achievement Points:  2021
  • Birthday:  05/28/1996

Why don't you people just stop arguing for a minute and listen to reason?

When there's no evidence of someone cheating, there's no reason to ban him at all. Just because he can dominate you or an entire server doesn't give you the right to be a bitch about it.

Yes, I'm having my ass handed to me every night on Insurgency which can be infuriating, but I'm not dropping the ban hammer left and right just because someone is better than me.

You people need to stop acting like children, accept the fact that in life there's always gonna be someone better than you at something, either it's video games, playing the guitar or anything else and move on.

Video games are meant to be fun, win or lose. Period.

• Member ID:  20987
  • Group:  +++ Insurgency Head Admin
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1794
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Achievement Points:  14301
  • Birthday:  01/09/1996

Harry you just opened the can of worms as I said earlier ?